The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

There is no proof of anything living out in space! (other than men in orbit)

if there's nothing living in space, what's flying all the UFOs?

The answer is mostly men. Over 60% of UFOs since the mid 50s have been misidentified as the U2 or the SR71/A12. As for the rest, since the are UNIDENTIFIED, what proof do you have that they even require someone/something to control them?

And, before you go there, there is evidence for the required conditions for life in space. There is no hard evidence for life in space.

Belief in omnipresent beings runs into billions of people around the world.

Belief in the possibillty of alien life probably runs into to multi millions.

However, belief in alien life is increasing while belief in gods are decreasing.

The difference between the two beliefs is that omipresent beings is objective while belief in aliens is subjective.

But how many people are open to the idea of both? I just think that religion should concern itself with the spiritual realm, and leave the material realm to material beings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRujuE-GIY4

what proof do you have that they even require someone/something to control them?

I myself don't have any proof, i'm just going on witness reports, plus it's common sense that something is either flying them or controlling them, plus something must have built them, unless these UFOs just materialised out of thin air.

if there's nothing living in space, what's flying all the UFOs?

The clue in in the "U" unidentified!

Most UFO's get identifed, a small percentage go unidentified.

There is no hard evidence for life in space.

There is no evidence period for life beyond Earth!

But how many people are open to the idea of both? I just think that religion should concern itself with the spiritual realm, and leave the material realm to material beings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRujuE-GIY4

There are many people who are open to both ideas. But then religion is not known for common sense and logic, so it's no surprise.

I myself don't have any proof, i'm just going on witness reports, plus it's common sense that something is either flying them or controlling them, plus something must have built them, unless these UFOs just materialised out of thin air.

You don't have any proof because none exists.

There are natural phenomenon such as ball lightning that get reported as unidentied. Car headlights get reported as unidentied. Aircraft get reported as unidentied. The list is wide and varied!

I myself don't have any proof, i'm just going on witness reports,

Can you cite the reports?

plus it's common sense that something is either flying them or controlling them, plus something must have built them, unless these UFOs just materialised out of thin air.

What evidence do you have that the UFOs are even craft capable of self propulsion through the air. What allows you to make the jump from UNIDENTIFIED to craft being flown or controlled?

It is possible that our imaginations, not only connect to what we know and all history, but even what is in the future.'in 1898 a struggling author named Morgan Robertson concocted a novel about a fabulous Atlantic liner, far larger than any that had ever been built. Robertson loaded his ship with rich and complacent people and then wrecked it one cold April night on an iceberg.' On April 10, 1912, the Titanic left Southhampton. Robertson had called his ship the Titan. The Titanic is seen as a symptom,the unsinkable ship had sunk, 'the time was waiting for it': even before it actually happened, there was already a place opened, reserved for it in fantasy space'.(The Sublime Object of Ideology by Slavoj Zizek)

'Robertson's fictional Titan was 70,000 tons displacement, Titanic 66,000 tons; Titan 800 ft, Titanic 882.5 ft long; both were triple screw and could make 25 knots, both could carry 3000 people, both only had enough lifeboats for a fraction of this number, because both were labelled 'unsinkable'. The real point is that fiction had preceded reality, not only in the sinking of the liners, but that a certain age was coming to an end; the age of peaceful progress, of well defined and stable class distinctions. The great transatlantic liners, a kind of microcosm of the social structure, as a stable totality. The novel, and the reality, was read as a 'symbol', as a condensed, metaphorical representation of the approaching catastrophe of European civilization itself'.(same source edit). Is it not conceivable that a sci fi novel has already been, or will be written, that antecedes a monumental change for the Earth's civilization?  

Edited by gaqo

I really wish religion would confine itself to it's real purpose; our spiritual life and development! 

Your wish is unlikely to come true as belief in the alien myth does not confine itself.

The church of Scientology is a religion. An absurd one, as it believes that life on Earth is from an alien origin.

Some folk have made alien belief into a religion!!

The church of Scientology is a religion. An absurd one, as it believes that life on Earth is from an alien origin.

but what if they're right and everyone else is wrong and our religions are the absurd ones, as people are only going on what was written a very long time ago.

places like this http://www.ufoevidence.org/ and reading reports from Project Blue Book.

It's not proof. Even the site admits that. From that site: "Lacking proof, we must deal very carefully with any answers. It remains a possibility that some or all of the otherwise unexplained UFO reports will some day be explained in terms of as-yet-unknown natural phenomena, or secret highly advanced man-made aircraft and/or spacecraft.

Nevertheless, there are impressive reasons for speculating about the extraterrestrial origin for some UFOs.

Speculation can be fun, and along with imagination and can be profitable in the written and visual arts.  But, speculation and imagination are not proof.  I can imagine that there is an Invisible Pink Unicorn in my backyard, would you accept that as proof, or would you need more evidence.

I notice you didn't answer the second question:   What evidence do you have that the UFOs are even craft capable of self propulsion through the air. What allows you to make the jump from UNIDENTIFIED to craft being flown or controlled?

Do you even have an answer, or is it all speculation?  If it is, that's OK.  

but surely if a ufo is flying through the sky, it's self propelled, and what do you mean by a jump from unidentified to craft being flow or controlled, weather it's being flown or controlled, if no one know what it is, it's still unidentified.

I think until the US government tell us what they're hiding in Area 51, we'll never know the truth, but I still belive in aliens as I've seen 2 UFOs, and when I say UFO, I mean the craft I saw were all over the news and what I saw along with hundreds of other people were never identified as anything that we know of.

but surely if a ufo is flying through the sky, it's self propelled, and what do you mean by a jump from unidentified to craft being flow or controlled, weather it's being flown or controlled, if no one know what it is, it's still unidentified.

That's the point though. If it's unidentified, no one knows what it is. Yet you want to say it's self-propelled. If you don't know what it is, how do you know it's self propelled?

I think until the US government tell us what they're hiding in Area 51, we'll never know the truth, but I still belive in aliens as I've seen 2 UFOs, and when I say UFO, I mean the craft I saw were all over the news and what I saw along with hundreds of other people were never identified as anything that we know of.

Well, the U2, SR71/A12, and the F-117 were all tested there, and I mentioned all the UFO that were known to be the U2 or SR71/A12.  After all, it's a test base for black aircraft. I happen to think that there is other life in space. A little less certain that there is intelligent life. But there isn't any unequivocal evidence for it.

That's the point though. If it's unidentified, no one knows what it is. Yet you want to say it's self-propelled. If you don't know what it is, how do you know it's self propelled?

fair point, I see what you mean.

Edited by funbus

but what if they're right and everyone else is wrong and our religions are the absurd ones, as people are only going on what was written a very long time ago.

If you can consider that they are right then I suggest you join them and find out for yourself.

You might meet Tom Cruise. Or did he wise up and leave!

Edited by Catweazle

We have no evidence for the existence of aliens, however, considering the amount of galaxies, stars and habitable planets, it's certainly a possibility. I'm currently withholding judgement until evidence comes along. One cannot really disprove the existence of aliens though, so even if we don't find evidence there's obviously a possibility.

• Like 1

We have no evidence for the existence of aliens, however, considering the amount of galaxies, stars and habitable planets, it's certainly a possibility. I'm currently withholding judgement until evidence comes along. One cannot really disprove the existence of aliens though, so even if we don't find evidence there's obviously a possibility.

Just because something may be a possibility does not make it so!

With regard to your comment that one cannot really disprove aliens, neither can one really disprove pink unicorns!

Just because something may be a possibility does not make it so!

With regard to your comment that one cannot really disprove aliens, neither can one really disprove pink unicorns!

But there's a world of difference between possible & probable.

• Like 1

But there's a world of difference between possible & probable.

The only problem with that line of thinking is who decides what's possible and probable?

To me UFO's are possible (as I've seen one) but Aliens/Unicorns are not probable as I've never seen one.

It aALL depends on what you believe, that makes the difference between Possible and Probable.

The only problem with that line of thinking is who decides what's possible and probable?

To me UFO's are possible (as I've seen one) but Aliens/Unicorns are not probable as I've never seen one.

It aALL depends on what you believe, that makes the difference between Possible and Probable.

I'm saying probable because of all the galaxies and planets that are out there. I men ANYTHING is possible, but conditions make something probable. If you put a dark-skinned man in the sun without sun-screen, it's possible he may get some burning. However, if you put an extremely fare-skinned person in direct sunlight without sun-screen, it is probable he will get a pretty severe sun-burn. As I've said, we have a knowledge of what effectively amounts to zero percent of the universe, so if we are here, it is very probable that others are out there. Of course, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate...

The honest truth is that without an intervening hand (creator), it is extremely unlikely things would have turned out the way they have right here on Earth. The chances for any intelligent life is remotely small, yet it happened with humans. Then it happened in an extremely similar fashion with cats, fish, birds, turtles, snakes, frogs, insects, etc, etc, etc. All with the same basic design... Hearts, lungs, brains, etc. Plants capable of sustaining life, drinkable water, trees that give oxygen, etc, etc. I read that the chances of one life form as we know it (say a human) developing without intelligent design is (I don't know the name of the number) a four with forty thousand (40,000) zeros after it, to one (1,000 to 1 is scientifically considered impossible). That's just to happen, not to survive or have anything capable of aiding it's survival also appear or survive. Yet, all this happened. We (as a civilization) are considered impossible by scientific standards, yet scientists continue to deny the existence of God. This closed-mindedness is the same issue I take with people who believe aliens are improbable. We (Walnut & I) have had discussions & traded experiences regarding unexplained things we've seen, yet we continue to believe in God. Science considers both to be anything from improbable to impossible to something they won't even entertain. If God exists & we are indeed here, then aliens are more than possible in my book.

Edited by Anomaly

If God exists & we are indeed here, then aliens are more than possible in my book.

I go by God's book. In God's book, it is clear to those that understand it, that aliens are not possible.

I go by God's book. In God's book, it is clear to those that understand it, that aliens are not possible.

I understand it. As I said, I was just playing Devil's Advocate. I've never really researched anything the Bible says on aliens. I do know you posted a scripture that says something about us being first fruits of the universe, though I have not studied the passage.

so you don't belive in aliens coming down from the heavens but you belive in angels coming down from heaven, is that right?

so you don't belive in aliens coming down from the heavens but you belive in angels coming down from heaven, is that right?

Yes, that is right.