The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

I understand it. As I said, I was just playing Devil's Advocate. I've never really researched anything the Bible says on aliens. I do know you posted a scripture that says something about us being first fruits of the universe, though I have not studied the passage.

I haven't totally ruled out that God may have created life elsewhere in the universe. However, if that was true, it would have to be a lower form of life than human. Scripture makes it plain that at the return of Christ there will be created a new heaven and a new Earth. Then, we (humans) will inherit ALL THINGS. That being the universe and all things in it. Rev 12:7

Scripture is slient on the possiblity of mortal life elsewhere in creation. Although silence is not definitive proof that plant or animal life does not exist elewhere, it is the most likely inference given that God wants us to know all truth. John 16:13

Edited by Catweazle

Scripture is slient on the possiblity of mortal life elsewhere in creation. Although silence is not definitive proof that plant or animal life does not exist elewhere, it is the most likely inference given that God wants us to know all truth. John 16:13

Question:  if there is the possibility of mortal life elsewhere in the galaxies, then did Jesus die on the cross for them also at the same time He did on earth?  Or did He have to do it again for them? 

each to their own, I just find it a bit odd.

You know actually it is a bit odd isn't it?  It's funny the things that people believe in and what they don't.  I think it's more of the basis of certain beliefs that trickle down to other beliefs.  For instance, I believe in the Infallible Word of God so therefore the things I believe in trickle down from that.  So while I believe in angels (and demons), I do not believe in alien life forms that resemble humans.  That is not to say that there isn't "life" on other planets but not like us...

Question:  if there is the possibility of mortal life elsewhere in the galaxies, then did Jesus die on the cross for them also at the same time He did on earth?  Or did He have to do it again for them? 

Only if you believe plants and animals merit that. You do realise that plants and animals are mortal don't you!

each to their own, I just find it a bit odd.

You find belief in angles and disbelief in aliens odd!

Now that is odd!

Have you not nocticed that their are billions of people around the world in the same frame of mind as me? They are known as theists!

Edited by Catweazle

It's funny the things that people believe in and what they don't. 

Actually it is not funny.

Billions of people have been killed by wars throughout the ages. Millions of people have been cruelly tortured, all because of disagreement of belief.

Do you find it funny that some folk still believe in witchcraft?

Today in Africa children are tortured and killed because they are believed to be witches.

You know,... when you remove a God concept from the argument you release your imagination to accept that anything is really possible. Including  things that even your God concept couldn't conceive of .

The irony of logic and the appeal to faith.

Rejecting the fallacy that "the Truth will set you free" is actually the freeing factor.

You know,... when you remove a God concept from the argument you release your imagination to accept that anything is really possible. Including  things that even your God concept couldn't conceive of .

The irony of logic and the appeal to faith.

Rejecting the fallacy that "the Truth will set you free" is actually the freeing factor.

When you remove the GOD concept you release what the enemy wants you to believe.

Such as "to accept that anything is really possible, including things that even" The One True GOD "couldn't conceive of"

Accepting the TRUTH that ""the truth" (the BIBLE) "will set you free" is actually THE freeing factor" !!

I have had to delete quite a few posts dealing with religion due to the uncivil nature of the debate. Clearly religion plays a part in the subject matter of this thread, so we can keep that discussion going, but only if it's kept civil and respectful.

I have had to delete quite a few posts dealing with religion due to the uncivil nature of the debate. Clearly religion plays a part in the subject matter of this thread, so we can keep that discussion going, but only if it's kept civil and respectful.

The folk that become uncivil have problems...

Lack of respect for the views and opinions of others.

A weak position which they can't defend.

Hurt pride that their long held beliefs are challenged.

Lack of self control.

Good manners.

Also, Tripper not be a perfect judge may delete unwarranted posts.

My method is to address the post and not the poster!... But neither am I perfect and will fail now and again.

Back to topic....

There is no proof that space aliens exist.

Does the bible mention aliens? Because if it doesn't, then chances are they exist. Because it seems to me that as there's life on this planet, people through out history would have thought that alien life exists on other planets. It only logical!

post-9348-0-82797700-1377617616_thumb.jp

I still belive that aliens exist and that they've been visiting us for thousands of years in their crafts.

• Like 1

Does the bible mention aliens? Because if it doesn't, then chances are they exist. Because it seems to me that as there's life on this planet, people through out history would have thought that alien life exists on other planets. It only logical!

No, the Bible does not mention aliens. The Bible tells us God created life on Earth.

What you may find logical is a result of your mindset. Others with a different mindset will find it illogical.

A good mindset for logic is based facts and proof.

A not so good mindset is based on imagination, which often leads to myth creation.

I still belive that aliens exist and that they've been visiting us for thousands of years in their crafts.

Maybe if you explore your belief with logic and unbiased study, you will come see that your belief has no factual support.

Maybe if you explore your belief with logic and unbiased study, you will come see that your belief has no factual support.

I just have an opened mind to the possibility of life elsewhere and hope that one day all the non believers will be proved wrong. I believe in aliens more than some of the stuff they teach you in church that's for sure.

• Like 1

Ok, at the risk of getting in trouble and because the Bible continues to be an aspect of this topic...one of the post I wrote that was deleted is one that said that ~~there are people who believe Jesus was an alien. There is no insult here, let me make that clear. There are also people who believe that Jesus didn't actually die on a cross but that he was able, with the help of friends, to escape the cave and that he actually lived to be 111 years old in India.

That being said, maybe I should introduce myself. I am a graduate of the University of North Texas with a degree in the human condition. I have studied religion from many aspects, cultural, ecumenical and secular. I don't mean to be offensive but if you are in the mood to question my position, I am forever in the mood to defend it.

Now. Do aliens exist? Who says we aren't the aliens?

• Like 1

I just have an opened mind to the possibility of life elsewhere and hope that one day all the non believers will be proved wrong. I believe in aliens more than some of the stuff they teach you in church that's for sure.

Do as I do, stay away from churches, and their teaching to avoid error and myth. What the Bible teaches and what churches teach are not the same.

With regard to you opening your mind to the possibillty of life elsewhere, your hope is as remote as the possibility!

Ok, at the risk of getting in trouble and because the Bible continues to be an aspect of this topic...one of the post I wrote that was deleted is one that said that ~~there are people who believe Jesus was an alien. There is no insult here, let me make that clear. There are also people who believe that Jesus didn't actually die on a cross but that he was able, with the help of friends, to escape the cave and that he actually lived to be 111 years old in India.

I see nothing that you have said would cause trouble. Certainly not with me. Folk believe what they believe. The real question should be, "why does one belieave as one does?"

Most folk take their beliefs from as sorts of sources, mostly accepting without much personal study.

That being said, maybe I should introduce myself. I am a graduate of the University of North Texas with a degree in the human condition. I have studied religion from many aspects, cultural, ecumenical and secular. I don't mean to be offensive but if you are in the mood to question my position, I am forever in the mood to defend it.

Yes, I'm in the mood to question your position. I don't take offence at questions, so feel free to ask any.

Do you think having a degree in the human condtion (whatever that is) gives your position an advantage?

My position is that aliens do not exist.

Who says we aren't the aliens?

I give up. I don't know who says we aren't aliens. But whoever says it is correct!

I believe they do exist and we are aliens to whatever else is out there :)

Having a degree in the human condition only gives me the advantage of having a lot of ready resources to defend an argumentative position, especially one concerning cultural relativism and what people believe to be true.

If one doesn't believe that there could be aliens, and refuses to consider anyone's position who may be able to present evidence to the contrary (due to say, a religious belief), then that person is not really in a debate. That person is in denial and will remain in the NO state forever. It's kind of hard to imagine why that person would be involved at all.

I don't know if there are aliens or not. That doesn't keep me from enjoying a good sci-fi story and pretending that the aliens are possible.

• Like 2

Well there are a number of possibilities. Either some people go on threads to proselytize, in areas for example where discussions of a spiritual deity, a concept created by Humans, has no importance. This usually has the reverse effect on me. Or they want to turn this thread into a maelstrom of dissenting views(which considering this is a forum for TBBT, and alot of scientists, sci fi fans, and other open minded people), but those of religious conviction wouldn't want to do that ,  Would They!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1