The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaqo

Aliens!

I did hear that the Bible appeared simultaneously all over the world. I think there is an almost definite chance of life existing elsewhere. But at the time we connect, they are either at an early stage or extinct.watchmen%20dc%20comics%20silk%20spectre%

I did hear that the Bible appeared simultaneously all over the world. I think there is an almost definite chance of life existing elsewhere. But at the time we connect, they are either at an early stage or extinct.

The Bible has not yet appeared all over the world, but the time is coming when it will....  At the return christ, when all things will be revealed, including the news of the non-existence of aliens.

The mathematical chance of SETI finding extra- terrestrial intelligence life is 0.0000000000000%

Shut it down, get real, and spend the money on human earthly problems.

We're acknowledged enough to know there's billions of life forms in the Universe.

But for aliens coming to earth is 100% stupidity. The way I see it is that if another life form could reach earth to explore, then we'd practically be a ant to them and I'm sure there's loads of more intelligent planets out there that are also bigger, meaning more resources. Just think how clever they are if they come to earth and observe to the extent that our technology can't even detect them?

We're acknowledged enough to know there's billions of life forms in the Universe.

That's true, and they all live on Earth!

But for aliens coming to earth is 100% stupidity.

The real stupiity comes from those that claim to have been abducted by them!

The way I see it is that if another life form could reach earth to explore, then we'd practically be a ant

In the spirit of imagination (because that's what ET is) how do you come to that conclusion?

I'm sure there's loads of more intelligent planets out there that are also bigger, meaning more resources.

Why are you sure? There is no evidence.

Just think how clever they are if they come to earth and observe

Nice imagination.

our technology can't even detect them?

Can technology detect what is not there?

That's true, and they all live on Earth!

Why are you sure? There is no evidence that Earth is the only planet in the whole Universe that contains a life form.

Facts:

• There are suns bigger than ours
  • We are just a small tiny piece of nothing compared to our own Sun
  • There are Galaxies bigger and smaller than ours

My conclusion leads to logic, and it's the same answer I have in religious debates. It is stupid and illogical of us to even think that we're the most important in the whole Universe, We are not the centre, not even close.

In the spirit of imagination (because that's what ET is) how do you come to that conclusion?

Because of our understanding of physics tells us that we haven't came across a way of travelling faster than the speed of light, and at the speed of light it'll take 25,000 years to get to our nearest Galaxy.

So my conclusion is that if a life form could achieve this, then they are much smarter than we are, so in a figure of speech, we are just a ant to them.

With what I also told you about with how many Galaxies are out there, much bigger than our very own, then I'm sure these other intelligent life forms will have more important things to do than come to Earth, considering there are also many bigger planets than our own too.

Why are you sure? There is no evidence.

There's evidence of a Universe, there's evidence of thousands of Galaxies, much bigger than our own. That's all the evidence I need, because it'll be foolish to think we're the center piece just because we haven't got 100% facts and proof. Try and think outside of the box.

Can technology detect what is not there?

That was exactly my point.

Why are you sure? There is no evidence that Earth is the only planet in the whole Universe that contains a life form.

Facts:

• There are suns bigger than ours
  • We are just a small tiny piece of nothing compared to our own Sun
  • There are Galaxies bigger and smaller than ours

RICKIE,

Welcome to TBBTFS !

And with that let us begin !

UMMM...Does SOMEONE/ANYONE have "EVIDENCE" that PROVES there IS life ANYWHERE else in the universe??

If NOT, then "There is no evidence that earth" ISN'T "the only planet planet in the whole Universe that contains a life form !!

Unless life is found elsewhere, the ONLY proof that there is life ANYWHERE in the Universe is here on earth.

Without PROOF the best you have is a THEORY !! 

And your "facts" (in my opinion) don't PROVE anything about there being life elsewhere.

They seem (to me), to be more like statements.

But they DO make a good THEORY !! 

Please do not take offense (as others have in the past) that I deleted the rest of your post.

I mean no disrespect.

It just seems I can't just crop the sections I need/want like others can do.

Edited by walnutcowboy

RICKIE,

Welcome to TBBTFS !

And with that let us begin !

UMMM...Does SOMEONE/ANYONE have "EVIDENCE" that PROVES there IS life ANYWHERE else in the universe??

If NOT, then "There is no evidence that earth" ISN'T "the only planet planet in the whole Universe that contains a life form !!

Unless life is found elsewhere, the ONLY proof that there is life ANYWHERE in the Universe is here on earth.

Without PROOF the best you have is a THEORY !! 

And your "facts" (in my opinion) don't PROVE anything about there being life elsewhere.

They seem (to me), to be more like statements.

But they DO make a good THEORY !! 

Please do not take offense (as others have in the past) that I deleted the rest of your post.

I mean no disrespect.

It just seems I can't just crop the sections I need/want like others can do.

Well put.

These endless imagined theories about alien life elsewhere in the universe are a result of assumption. Science assumes that because life came to be on earth then it could happen elsewhere. They believe that there must be other planets in the universe similar to Earth which would spawn the same pattern of events that lead to life. They may very well be planets in the universe, even identical to Earth, but that is not proof of life elsewhere.

Science does not even agree on how life even began on earth. First they claim life began in a primordail soup of simple none living elements that cames together to form simple living enzymes. Life from none life. They say it is simple change of events, yet they cannot themselves replicate it. And because they cannot replicate it, it remains a theory.

Because they can't prove how life began here on Earth, there is now a theory that life arrived on Earth from elsewhere in the universe on a meteorite.

These people will forever reside in theory, because they can't see the facts!!!

Genesis 1:1 for facts.

We do not have proof that there is life out in the Universe, but we also don't have proof that there isn't life. I think we are clever enough to know in our minds that there is most likely life in the Universe, to me it's not fact, it's common sense. It's the same argument I have in religious debates.

I can't see why you would say there isn't life out there simply because of no proof... That doesn't make sense. It's like you think us humans are superior and the center of the whole Universe... I honestly believe that there's billions of other life forms in the Universe, probably smarter than us as well.

My facts are facts, astronomy isn't theory and they have plenty of facts, not about life, but about other planets. That alone brings common sense without proof/evidence. The problem we have is that everything is too far away, and we can't get onto other planets to see if they contain life. We haven't even reached most of our own planets in oru own Galexy, and to know that there's billions of galexys out there, and our next door neighbour galexy is MUCH bigger than ours... How can you even think we're the only planet in this amongus Universe that contains life?

Don't worry, I'm taking this as a debate, not a argument. We all have our own opinions, the same way where some folks think there's a God (giggle).

Well put.

These endless imagined theories about alien life elsewhere in the universe are a result of assumption. Science assumes that because life came to be on earth then it could happen elsewhere. They believe that there must be other planets in the universe similar to Earth which would spawn the same pattern of events that lead to life. They may very well be planets in the universe, even identical to Earth, but that is not proof of life elsewhere.

Science does not even agree on how life even began on earth. First they claim life began in a primordail soup of simple none living elements that cames together to form simple living enzymes. Life from none life. They say it is simple change of events, yet they cannot themselves replicate it. And because they cannot replicate it, it remains a theory.

Because they can't prove how life began here on Earth, there is now a theory that life arrived on Earth from elsewhere in the universe on a meteorite.

These people will forever reside in theory, because they can't see the facts!!!

Genesis 1:1 for facts.

I'm assuming you're religious, so I'll give up on the debate with you simply because you'll go on about facts, proof, theories, within Science and then go ahead and say the facts you have are in a book and that God is your saviour and you're going to a pretty place called Heaven. 

Edited by Rickie
  • Like 1

It's not too hard to find how I feel about "religious" people. 

As I've said it in so many posts, so I won't bother to repeat it here. (if you REALLY need for me to repeat it you can always PM me).

I think you made the right decision by not carrying on with this debate.

Because, yes, you are right, when I debate I do use facts and proof to show my side of the debate.

As far as theories go, Science and the study of GOD rely both on Faith.

You either believe (faithfully) a Scientist that claims the world is m(b)illions of years old, or you believe (faithfully) what the BIBLE says.

NEITHER can be PROVEN !

Either way it boils down to faith !

And besides all that (in my opinion), most of what CAN be said, HAS been said either on this thread or in others.

Edited by walnutcowboy

I believe all the scientists that say the world is m(b)illions of years old, just going on all the evidence and proof that's out there.

We do not have proof that there is life out in the Universe, but we also don't have proof that there isn't life.

We haven't got proof that purple jelly unicorns don't exist, so that logic doesn't work.

I can't see why you would say there isn't life out there simply because of no proof... That doesn't make sense.

Does it make no sense that we don't believe in purple unicorns!

I honestly believe that there's billions of other life forms in the Universe, probably smarter than us as well.

Unfortunately just because you honestly believe something does not make it true.

My facts are facts, astronomy isn't theory and they have plenty of facts, not about life, but about other planets. That alone brings common sense without

proof/evidence.

I've already stated that even if there are countless planets identical to Earth it does not prove there is life on them. What you call common sense is built upon a theory with claims that if life can happen on Earth it can happen elsewhere. Like I've already stated science does not even know how life began here. Yet they theorise that the universe is teeming with life, and call it common sense. When they can replicate the simple process they claim brought non-life to life, then they can theorise with some creadibilty. Of course that's not going to happen.... And they know it!

We all have our own opinions,

Do you realise that an opinion is having an absense of proof. Once something is proven opinion is irrelivant and facts take over. Right now it is a fact that there is no proof of life beyond Earth.

some folks think there's a God (giggle)

Some folk think they've been abducted by aliens (giggle)

I'm assuming you're religious, so I'll give up on the debate with you simply because you'll go on about facts, proof, theories, within Science and then go ahead and say the facts you have are in a book and that God is your saviour and you're going to a pretty place called Heaven. 

Your assumption is incorrect. I am not religious, nor I do not believe I'm going to a pretty called Heaven. I believe in God and in God's word, which is different to your assumption.

I believe all the scientists that say the world is m(b)illions of years old, just going on all the evidence and proof that's out there.

I also believe Earth is billions of years old. The evidence is plain.

There's definetely more chance of us finding life on other planets, than Jesus returning! I think it's incredible, that humans have the arrogance to think there's us, and a God dedicated only to us. Considering how life flourishes on this planet in the most inhospitable places, I think it's a certainty, that life will exist elsewhere. And those aliens will not look any stranger than some of the bizarre life forms on ths planet. One scientist, who looks for planets with an atmosphere(exhaled by life forms), claim we will find such a planet within the next ten years. @funbus, will you tell us more about the craft you saw? I've been scanning the net, lots of fakes! 

• Like 1

There's definetely more chance of us finding life on other planets, than Jesus returning! 

How are we getting to those other planets?

How are we getting to those other planets?

We start with audio contact, and invite them here, where we exchange something they need, for advanced technology. It is going to happen!

OK, I'll bite,

What could WE possibly have that THEY would need/want anyway?

And if THEY are so far advanced from us to be able to take up our invitation, what could WE have that THEY couldn't just take?

Well I think they would obviously be as curious as we are. We can be very territorial, as are all species. We may have something in quantity, that they lack. I think we should be positive. Trading is also more beneficial than war. Stars and planets are dying, and new stars and planets are continually being formed. The constituents of that planet, inorganic, become organic by combining around something like a carbon atom. The planet has an organic outer layer, which when it gain sufficient intelligence and unity, can propagate itself across the cosmos. I think it's beneficial to have that aim as a species, rather than just over running this planet like ants.

• Like 1

@funbus, will you tell us more about the craft you saw? I've been scanning the net, lots of fakes! 

it was about 20 years ago and from what I can remember, i'd got off the train with my friend and brother, it was dusk, about 4pm, my friend noticed it first, it was a bright cigar shaped object just hovering above the train station, don't ask how high it was as I don't know, it wasn't that high though and it was a clear evening, it then started moving very slowly, we watched it until it went out of sight which was about half an hour, and when I say it went out of sight, it's not like when you watch a plane get smaller as it gets further away, this was as if someone just switched lights off, and it was gone, also there was no noise from it. when we watched the news the next night it had been seen right across the south coast of England. it was pretty cool, i'd love to see it again.

• Like 2

THIS POST IS IN RESPONSE TO GAQO'S POST # 240 AND NOT FUNBUS'S  post # 241 !!

I just can't rap my mind around that concept.

But that's what make sites like this popular.

You can give your opinion about anything (within reason) without fear of reprisal (usually).

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

I've already stated that even if there are countless planets identical to Earth it does not prove there is life on them. What you call common sense is built upon a theory with claims that if life can happen on Earth it can happen elsewhere. Like I've already stated science does not even know how life began here. Yet they theorise that the universe is teeming with life, and call it common sense. When they can replicate the simple process they claim brought non-life to life, then they can theorise with some creadibilty. Of course that's not going to happen.... And they know it!

Do you realise that an opinion is having an absense of proof. Once something is proven opinion is irrelivant and facts take over. Right now it is a fact that there is no proof of life beyond Earth.

Some folk think they've been abducted by aliens (giggle)

Your assumption is incorrect. I am not religious, nor I do not believe I'm going to a pretty called Heaven. I believe in God and in God's word, which is different to your assumption.

I also believe Earth is billions of years old. The evidence is plain.

None of your points, mean nothing, just silly little argument remarks. I can't believe humans can be this dumb to think there isn't life on other planets... It really makes me think why people like you think this and think there's a God lol -_- strange.

But I shall not respond, as it's the same from all God lovers... Argument remarks that mean nothing, just separating the salt from the water, bye :)

@funbus, there does seem to be a general similarity to most reports; either spherical or cigar shaped craft, which usually move too fast for terrestrial craft. 2011-11-02t181858z_19423246.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately just because you honestly believe something does not make it true.

True, and that applies to you too.

Well I think they would obviously be as curious as we are. We can be very territorial, as are all species. We may have something in quantity, that they lack. I think we should be positive. Trading is also more beneficial than war. Stars and planets are dying, and new stars and planets are continually being formed. The constituents of that planet, inorganic, become organic by combining around something like a carbon atom. The planet has an organic outer layer, which when it gain sufficient intelligence and unity, can propagate itself across the cosmos. I think it's beneficial to have that aim as a species, rather than just over running this planet like ants.

Well, If they have the technology to find us, they also have the technology to find what they want in a much more easier way than contacting us. The notion of trading is obviously not the easiest way. Don't fool youself, if they want something and are aggressive, we are screwed :)

@funbus, will you tell us more about the craft you saw? I've been scanning the net, lots of fakes! 

it was about 20 years ago and from what I can remember, i'd got off the train with my friend and brother, it was dusk, about 4pm, my friend noticed it first, it was a bright cigar shaped object just hovering above the train station, don't ask how high it was as I don't know, it wasn't that high though and it was a clear evening, it then started moving very slowly, we watched it until it went out of sight which was about half an hour, and when I say it went out of sight, it's not like when you watch a plane get smaller as it gets further away, this was as if someone just switched lights off, and it was gone, also there was no noise from it. when we watched the news the next night it had been seen right across the south coast of England. it was pretty cool, i'd love to see it again.

Fascinating. There is so much witnesses of the same kind of phenomenon that I'm convinced that there must be something behind this, alieny or not.

• Like 2

None of your points, mean nothing, just silly little argument remarks. I can't believe humans can be this dumb to think there isn't life on other planets... It really makes me think why people like you think this and think there's a God lol -_- strange.

But I shall not respond, as it's the same from all God lovers... Argument remarks that mean nothing, just separating the salt from the water, bye :)

It amazing how much you argue when (you say) you're not responding !

It also amazes me that those people that don't believe in a GREAT CREATOR (GOD) must argue (which differs from debating) so strongly and be so insulting on a subject they don't even believe in !!

In (my opinion) the comments to you and a couple of others, that neither CATWEAZLE, KASEY, nor myself, have tried to insult your beliefs.

So why must you try to belittle us?

I guess my post # 242 was written too early.

Keep in mind, as I've said elsewhere, that I have seen a UFO also.

That does NOT mean I believe in aliens !!

It means I saw something UNIDENTIFIED ! 

Edited by walnutcowboy