Tbbt Press - Show And All Cast

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone said hires?

Interview with show runner Steve Molaro, with some questions about the end of season six, and possibilities(or not) for season seven.

The Cast of the Big Bang Theory share their favorite Season 6 Moments:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-6-moments-525669  

Posted Images

TV Guide's is reporting, according to their annual highest paid on TV article, that the Jim, Johnny, and Kaley, who are earning ~$325,000 this year will be asking up to 1 Million per episode. Now, whether they get it, and what the others get will be interesting. There is a recap of the article here , third paragraph down.

Thanks, Tensor.

The Big Three deserve the million per episode. If the "Friends" crew could do it  12 years ago, that number should not be considered out of the realm. Friends may have had bigger ratings numbers at the time but TBBT numbers are outrageous considering what comedies are doing now.

Thanks, Tensor.

The Big Three deserve the million per episode. If the "Friends" crew could do it  12 years ago, that number should not be considered out of the realm. Friends may have had bigger ratings numbers at the time but TBBT numbers are outrageous considering what comedies are doing now.

They had bigger raw numbers, simply because there were more people available to the broadcast channels. Fewer electronic devices, streaming wasn't practical for the vast majority, fewer channels and non-premium cable wasn't producing new series. In the Ad Rate post, in The Show forum, I point out that TBBT actually has a bigger audience, as a percentage of broadcast viewers(not by much, and it is within the error margins), than Friends did. It simply can't compete in raw numbers, due to the mentioned factors(much as most shows since around 1990 and later can't compete with the raw numbers of shows from around 1965 to 1990) or with the percentages of people watching in the fifties, but there are other measures. Something I plan on getting into with the weekly ratings articles this year.

Those salaries may be why they haven't signed new contracts yet.

Yeah, I'm also sure the other four want their share also. After all, Simon and Kunal are based on reports from 2010, probably around 150-200k now. Then there is Mayim and Melissa. They are making in the vicinity of 50-60,000 per episode (Melissa is probably making a bit less as she was less well known than Mayim). Think on those salaries for a second and compare them. As it doesn't appear that they are all going to negotiate as a group, Warner Brothers will negotiate separately(something WB prefers to do)before announcing a renewal.

Yeah, I'm also sure the other four want their share also. After all, Simon and Kunal are based on reports from 2010, probably around 150-200k now. Then there is Mayim and Melissa. They are making in the vicinity of 50-60,000 per episode (Melissa is probably making a bit less as she was less well known than Mayim). Think on those salaries for a second and compare them. As it doesn't appear that they are all going to negotiate as a group, Warner Brothers will negotiate separately(something WB prefers to do)before announcing a renewal.

Those seven main characters do provide some interesting salary situations for WB.  There is not much WB can do because almost like friends, all seven of those characters are now important to the show.  I really hope no one gets too ridiculous in their demands.

Those seven main characters do provide some interesting salary situations for WB.  There is not much WB can do because almost like friends, all seven of those characters are now important to the show.  I really hope no one gets too ridiculous in their demands.

I agree about over the top demands too.  I also don't want WB and others being cheap either, after all the guys did help create this juggernaut/ratings monster and they deserve to share in the profit too.

As much as the salaries may seem ridiculous when compared to our own, or teachers' or firefighters' or law enforcement officers', I don't think they are overpaid. Regardless of the work they do, they are paid in relation to what the people who pay them can (or think they can) make off of them. They wouldn't be able to ask for $ 1 million per episode if they hadn't averaged almost 20 million viewers per episode last season. As unfair as it may sometimes seem, it's just simple economics. 

Edited by Carlos

As much as the salaries may seem ridiculous when compared to our own, or teachers' or firefighters' or law enforcement officers', I don't think they are overpaid. Regardless of the work they do, they are paid in relation to what the people who pay them can (or think they can) make off of them. They wouldn't be able to ask for $ 1 million per episode if they hadn't averaged almost 20 million viewers per episode last season. As unfair as it may sometimes seem, it's just simple economics. 

Of course it makes sense for them to be paid that much since CBS are raking in the cash from this show. I'm just being hopelessly idealistic and wishing that the people who work equally as hard but get peanuts for it were given a fair share of what they deserve :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249.png

The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release
Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, September 19, 2013 0 Comments

Taken from: SpoilerTV The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release | Spoilers
Follow us: @SpoilerTV on Twitter

THE GANG COMPETES IN A CUTTHROAT SCAVENGER HUNT THAT TESTS THEIR SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND STREET SMARTS, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY” THURSDAY, OCT. 3

“The Scavenger Vortex” – When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 3 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Ready, Set, Go! The entire gang competes in a cut-throat scavenger hunt on #BigBangTheory 10/3 @ 8PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | THE GANG COMPETES IN A CUTTHROAT SCAVENGER HUNT THAT TESTS THEIR SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND STREET SMARTS, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY” THURSDAY, OCT. 3

CAST:
Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

GUEST CAST:
Kevin Sussman (Stuart)

STORY BY: Dave Goetsch, Eric Kaplan and Steve Holland
TELEPLAY BY: Steven Molaro, Jim Reynolds and Maria Ferrari
DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Source: CBS

Taken from: SpoilerTV The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release | Spoilers

Source: The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release | Spoilers
Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

That's a new backpack Shelly...

When I saw that picture I was just startled by a peculiar and previously unheard noise, and realised it was myself involuntarily making some version of an "Awww" sound. It won't happen again.

It is a charming backpack. It probably has his lunchbox in it. And homework. And a frog.

• Like 2

That's a new backpack Shelly...

It looks a lot like the one that was his Emergency backpack under his bed in the Plimpton episode.  LOL!

Amy's awful yellow Cardigan is back

I think they bought stock or all of the sweaters in stock in multiple sizes to make sure they never run out of her mustard yellow sweaters. :laugh:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

They said if they had a way to bring her back they would not mind bringing her back because they love her.  That is quite different than saying they are bringing her back.  I don't get the impression they know whether they will bring her back or not.   Her story ran it's course so it is not likely unless they had a new reason to bring her back.

Actually what was said was:  (from http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/08/26/the-big-bang-theory-season-7-premiere-burning-questions-answered/)

Raj had a breakthrough and will be talking to women more this season. Also, Kate Micucci is coming back. Is that as a date for him?

It is too soon for us to say. Right now, we are just enjoying the fact that we have one nerd that is not in a relationship. I think on a show like this that is a good thing to have. Really, right now Raj is just exploring this new world for him. He can speak to women without the aid of alcohol, and finding out that he is not necessarily very good at it.

There was no denial that she will be back. The question was would it be as a date for Raj. It seemed to me that the Lucy character wanted to go out of her comfort zone and meet people. If Raj proved to be too pushy for her there are other people she could interact with. Say Stuart for example who seems to have been in a downward spiral. Perhaps he could interact with her more in the way she could tolerate and perhaps it could give him a lift. Perhaps she could talk with Amy again. It could be an interesting reversal for Amy. Amy has kind of idolized Penny. Perhaps she could have a turn and mentor Lucy.

Howard's mother could use a visitor now and then.

It seems to me the success of the show means they have money to work with and can do all kinds of stuff to keep the show fresh.

Who would have thought that after so many years on TV Bob Newheart would receive an Emmy on TBBT as a guest star? I was a Newhart fan back in the 70's as a teenager and 80s as a young adult. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/15/bob-newhart-first-emmy-big-bang-theory/

Some classic Newhart:

Edited by djsurrey

When I saw that picture I was just startled by a peculiar and previously unheard noise, and realised it was myself involuntarily making some version of an "Awww" sound. It won't happen again.

It is a charming backpack. It probably has his lunchbox in it. And homework. And a frog.

Sheldon looks so damn cute with that backpack. I second your "Awwww"

As far as bringing someone back there is the parallel to Aarti Mann(Priya) After her last taping, Bill Brady told her not to worry, they weren't finished with her character yet. But, except for a brief mention in The 100th episode, Priya hasn't even been spoken of since. Now, Kate's character isn't disliked as much as Priya was, so that may have something to do with it.

As far as bringing someone back there is the parallel to Aarti Mann(Priya) After her last taping, Bill Brady told her not to worry, they weren't finished with her character yet. But, except for a brief mention in The 100th episode, Priya hasn't even been spoken of since. Now, Kate's character isn't disliked as much as Priya was, so that may have something to do with it.

I don't think they'd ever say out loud that they were never going to bring a character back, especially in this case with Lucy/Kate.  While it's true that they could bring her back, since their relationship was still just budding, I don't know that they necessarily really want to bring her back.  It's only polite to say, "oh, we all love her and we'd love to bring her back", whether or not you really mean it.

I'm not saying that they didn't like her or anything like that.  I'm just saying that they probably would have said stuff like that regardless.

• Like 2

I don't think they'd ever say out loud that they were never going to bring a character back, especially in this case with Lucy/Kate.  While it's true that they could bring her back, since their relationship was still just budding, I don't know that they necessarily really want to bring her back.  It's only polite to say, "oh, we all love her and we'd love to bring her back", whether or not you really mean it.

I'm not saying that they didn't like her or anything like that.  I'm just saying that they probably would have said stuff like that regardless.

Agree and the way that article was written above was misleading when you compare it to all the other interviews done that same time.   The interviewer made an assumption she was returning, but they never said she was returning.  They said in all other interviews where the interviewers actually asked if she was returning that they didn't know.   And then the usual lines that you said above.   So it is not a definite she is returning.   They left a door open, which they usually do.  They never closed it for any of the character they have brought on thus far to return.   The door is open for Priya because she is Raj's sister.   It is open for Leslie because they never really explained why we never see her anymore.  She could have just been staying down in her lab all this time.  LOL!    The show has been very good at leaving open doors, which gives them lots of options.

There is another big difference. Lucy has a quirky social anxiety; she was not necessarily looking for a boyfriend. She is also a webpage designer. She fits into the TBBT nerdy universe. Also, Lucy actually lives in the neighborhood and has been to the comic book store at least once.

She could even become the subject of a study Lenard's mother could conceivably do.

There is another big difference. Lucy has a quirky social anxiety; she was not necessarily looking for a boyfriend. She is also a webpage designer. She fits into the TBBT nerdy universe. Also, Lucy actually lives in the neighborhood and has been to the comic book store at least once.

She could even become the subject of a study Lenard's mother could conceivably do.

There is definite potential to bring her back, but no real plans to do so.   Yes, she could be an interesting study, but they won't go there with Leonard's mother.  Leonard's mother, played by Christine Baranski, is not available to be on the show enough for them to go there.  If they made her a study anywhere it would be more likely with Amy who is also a neurobiologist. 

Bottom line is that we don't know if they will have her return or not.  It is up to the writers.  They always leave doors open, which is good, but they also are cagey about promises because they goofed at Comic Con 2011 where they suggested that Leonard and Sheldon's mothers would meet on air and that Sheldon/Amy's mothers would meet as well (but not likely on air).  That never happened.   Fans are still holding them to that one.  :laugh:   So they have become more careful in making sure to not imply any returns, but also leaving doors open for returns. ;)

4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249.png

The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release

Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, September 19, 2013 0 Comments

THE GANG COMPETES IN A CUTTHROAT SCAVENGER HUNT THAT TESTS THEIR SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND STREET SMARTS, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY” THURSDAY, OCT. 3

“The Scavenger Vortex” – When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 3 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Ready, Set, Go! The entire gang competes in a cut-throat scavenger hunt on #BigBangTheory 10/3 @ 8PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | THE GANG COMPETES IN A CUTTHROAT SCAVENGER HUNT THAT TESTS THEIR SCIENCE KNOWLEDGE AND STREET SMARTS, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY” THURSDAY, OCT. 3

CAST:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)

Jim Parsons (Sheldon)

Kaley Cuoco (Penny)

Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)

Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)

Mayim Bialik (Amy)

Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

GUEST CAST:

Kevin Sussman (Stuart)

STORY BY: Dave Goetsch, Eric Kaplan and Steve Holland

TELEPLAY BY: Steven Molaro, Jim Reynolds and Maria Ferrari

DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Source: CBS

Source: The Big Bang Theory - Episode 7.03 - The Scavenger Vortex - Press Release | Spoilers

Has this been posted in the S7 Spoilers thread?

Has this been posted in the S7 Spoilers thread?

No, because it was an official press announcement.   I didn't think it had to be in the spoilers thread as well, but if you want to repost it there, you are welcome to do so.   I know at the FF once it is announced it does not have to remain a "spoiler" so was using that as sort of a guide for here too.