The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirKinoc

Mistake in "The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem" (02/06)

Hey,

when Ramona visits Sheldon bringing Thai-Food the producer made a tiny mistake in the order of what Ramona is putting on the kitchentable. Here are a few screenshots of what i mean. The images are posted in order of appearance in the scene...

have fun with it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey,

when Ramona visits Sheldon bringing Thai-Food the producer made a tiny mistake in the order of what Ramona is putting on the kitchentable. Here are a few screenshots of what i mean. The images are posted in order of appearance in the scene...

have fun with it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep, this happens! Actually, it's not the producer but the person(s) in charge of continuity (exact title?) who's supposed to make sure details like this get duplicated as exactly as possible when they do multiple takes of a scene.

Isn't the Grip in charge of that? I know movies have someone that takes a photo of the set before shooting and makes sure it is set between every take.

Could be! I know for the movies there's someone in charge of making sure that anything that happens to clothes and props (dirt, rips, wetness, food spills, etc.) looks the same from take to take or scene to scene. Maybe in this case it would be the director or his assistant since this example depended on Ramona taking the food boxes out of the bag in the same order. On second thought, since the order the boxes were taken out depended on how the boxes were packed in the bag, it was probably the person who prepares the props and who would have re-packed the bag between takes. Does the Grip do this too? It would be interesting to find out. By the way do you know what a "Best Boy" actually does?

[...]By the way do you know what a "Best Boy" actually does?

Job responsibilities

On films with very small crews, the electric (lighting) department often consists of only a gaffer, a best boy, and a few electricians. The grip department may include only a key grip, a best boy, and a few grips. On very large crews these numbers can hit up to 12 or 24 grips or electricians per department and include full time rigging crews and additional photography units, depending on the situation.

Best boys are responsible for the daily running of the lighting or grip department. This encompasses many responsibilities including hiring and scheduling of crew, the ordering and returning of lighting or grip equipment, workplace safety, timecards, expendables, loading production trucks, planning and implementing the lighting or rigging of locations and/or sound stages, coordinating rigging crews and additional photography units (if applicable), handling relations with the other production departments, overseeing the application of union rules (if applicable), and serving as the main daily representative of the department with the unit production manager and coordinator of the film.

source

A Grip is the rigging, and camera dollies, etc in other words a handy man. The grip comes from another name for a toolbag. The Best Boy, are assistants to the Grips and Gaffers. frakk, am I the only one that knows how to wiki....

What I want to know is how she got Thai food from Seshwa(or however you spell it) Palace, when Leonard states that they've been closed for two years.

yeah this is a continuity goof that can sometimes be fixed at editing. But sometimes they just can't. I didn't spot it in the first place. I'm glad to see some people like to do a thorough check of every detail. I'm impressed. I wish I could do the same.

There is another continuity goof in Series 1 Episode 10. Sheldon and Leonard are confronted by a "singing" Penny. Sheldon is forced to throw a bag of take-away chicken in the rubbish bin. When he drops it in the bin it rolls very definitely over and falls horizontally into the bin. When he retrieves it after Penny leaves the bag is sitting upright and easily picked up by the handles.

There is another continuity goof in Series 1 Episode 10.

Yeah, I also noticed that. Maybe we should start a collection of little mistakes :icon_wink:

I also noticed that in "the panty pinata polarization" scene where Sheldon is folding his clothes in the washing room he is folding a blue shirt, then suddenly you see socks on his cloth folder thingy and then he has the blue shirt in his hands again...

This is very geeky, but it's fun :icon_cheesygrin:

I also noticed that in "the panty pinata polarization" scene where Sheldon is folding his clothes in the washing room he is folding a blue shirt, then suddenly you see socks on his cloth folder thingy and then he has the blue shirt in his hands again...

Hi all,

I didn't want to register at all because i'm really not talkative person.

I know about this forum for some time but i didn't read it often, just sometimes as something reminded me.

Lately i've been reading it more often and started to have something to say but thought, no... why would i register.

All in all since i have something to say and didn't want to post as guest i finally registered.

Now to the point:

I checked that mistakes. I didn't check the first because there are photos. The one with chicken in the rubbish bin, i've watched it a few times but i didn't see it. Now as I checked, it true, he couldn't pick it up that easily...but he is genius physicist maybe he can :icon_cheesygrin:

and the actual reason I registered, i can't believe no one saw that.

there is a mistake when Sheldon is folding his clothes, actually it's quite funny, but it is in The Bad Fish Paradigm [s02E01]

when i read it it i couldn't believe it was in The Panty Pinata Polarization so i watched it and it wasn't there. Then i recalled that the scene with Sheldon's cloth folder thingy was on season 2 promos.

and the actual reason I registered, i can't believe no one saw that.

there is a mistake when Sheldon is folding his clothes, actually it's quite funny, but it is in The Bad Fish Paradigm [s02E01]

when i read it it i couldn't believe it was in The Panty Pinata Polarization so i watched it and it wasn't there. Then i recalled that the scene with Sheldon's cloth folder thingy was on season 2 promos.

ups, yeah, my fault. It IS the Bad Fish Paradigm. But it IS the blue shirt he's folding multiple times, right :) ?!

And the next things I've noticed, though I have to try to remember the episodes (can't look them up right now, so take my apologies in advance if I'm incorrect): There's a discontinuity concerning the location of Leonhard's and Sheldon's rooms and the pictures that hang in between them and in between Sheldon's room and the bathroom. We know the Bathroom comes first and then comes Sheldon's room as you can see in the Pancake Batter Anomaly. However, when Leonhard walks from his room to the bathroom in the Monopolar Experience and the The Loobenfeld Decay, the pictures are different. In addition I noticed that sometimes Leonhard's and Sheldon's room's doors are rectangular to each other and in another episode just behind each other in a line like Sheldon's door and the bathroom door. But I can't remember of the top of my head in which episodes...

Well, if we're about to discuss mistakes, there is one, a little different from those you saw (it's not really an editing error), but still I really wanted to point it out! It's in ''The Dumpling Paradox'' episode. This episode starts on an Halo Night which (as pointed out by Sheldon later when they try to invite Penny to another Halo Night) happens every Wednesday. However, the next day, it happens to be Saturday morning. Now there is the possibility that they have 2 Halo Nights a week, but it didn't seem like Sheldon, so... anyway! I just wanted to point this one out! Nice finding on the other ones you guys got, btw!

I worked out a solution to that problem (although not a very convincing one). They were playing an old version of Halo on that Friday night, which would qualify as a "vintage game", which is what Friday night is supposed to be all about. Yeah, it's reaching, I know. A more troublesome problem is the three weeks Sheldon is supposedly without a job in "Luminous Fish". It will work if you push the pilot way back into the summer, but otherwise there just aren't enough weeks between mid-September and the Halloween party Penny throws (which would have to be on the 27th of October, 2007, to work with the story). Although of course there's always the argument that it ISN'T REAL, but I tend to dismiss that one out of hand ;) Steve

I found another discontinuity. This one in the Renaissance Fair episode (sorry I forget its proper name) In the first couple of opening scenes the guys are standing in front of the elevator when Penny and the new boyfriend come down the stairs and they stop to talk. The "Out of Order" tape forms a complete cross over the elevator door. Several camera angles show it. Then the guys move off and up the stairs. One side of the tape has fallen off. Not a big error I know because it could have fallen off as they stood around anyway. But just an observation.

And some more from the same Halo night (Wednesday jumping to Saturday. 1. Penny is asleep on the couch. Sheldon comes over, bowl of cereal in hand. Panny's left arm is straight. Camera pans up to Sheldon's face and then goes back to broad view. Penny's left arm is now bent. Sheldon and Leonard then go through the "Every Saturday since we moved in I have awakened at 6:15 ......etc) Camera pans back and Penny's arm is now straight again. 2. Sheldon's math is uncharacteristically incorrect, as well, when he discusses their 2 day 2 person earthquake kit. The back ground banter lets you work out it is sometime between 8 pm and 11 pm. Their earthquake supplies will last 48 hours (2 people). Shelson then states with 3 people their food will run out by the following afternoon. Which of course all maths nerds will know should actually have been roughly 32 hours away (food consumed 3/2's as fast). So their food will run out sometime between 4 am and 7 am the day AFTER Sheldon's afternoon famine. Uh Oh! I have got to get a life! :-)