The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shamynanigans

The Shamy Thread, Season 7 [Spoiler Free]

Right, I'm migrating over here for the time being since the S6 thread seems still a bit prone to spoilers.

I think it might make more sense to have the S7 Shamy Spoiler thread to be the Ship Zone and this to be a Spoiler Free Zone, since the spoiler thread will probably get more traffic and be the more "official" Shamy thread? Rather that this being the Ship Zone and that the Spoiler Zone? Dunno, just a thought.

I'm just curious as to how any actor being gay should influence your opinion on their character's relationship o.O

Well Shamy is not Platonic they have been dating for 2 years regardless of much Sheldon denies it lol. And Jim's personal life and his relationship status has no bearing or influence on how the writers or Jim portrays Sheldon. NPH from HIMYM is gay, but he portrays a straight womanizing guy really well. And TBH I am hoping Shamy gets physical, they are no different to Lenny or any one in a relationship, eventually something has got to give, I know Sheldons Sheldon and everyone wants to protect him, but he has made alot of progress, who knows he may hold Amys hand n S7!

Some people really struggle dissociating the actors' sexual orientation from their characters'. It's puzzling to me. By the same logic, all the straight actors who are in fictional relationships on their shows must be attracted to their fictional partners IRL or otherwise they can't play the role. I am just as baffled by those who say that Jim and Mayim will find it awkward when/if Shamy get physical, or refuse to do X or Y, because they're such good friends in real life (despite their constant innuendoes in interviews suggesting they'd have no problem with it). Surely it's called "acting" for a reason.

I'm not even going to comment on the whole "I have a crush on Jim/Sheldon, therefore he should be single". LOL.

• Like 4

I always thought it would be weird for Jim and Mayim to do romantic stuff like kissing but maybe I was over thinking it

Its only acting after all and it won't mean anything

Koops can you analyze why I'm not married to Jim Parsons in a scientific reasonable way. I want a detailed explanation.

For the same reasons another 6 billion people on the planet aren't? :p

@rach: I just don't understand why it would be weirder for Jim and Mayim than for Kaley and Johnny? Or Simon and Melissa? Especially since Kaley and Johnny did actually date IRL, so kissing an ex for a living might be a bit more awkward than a colleague/friend.

What can I say? I'm ruthless :p 

It's ok, I'm sure in one many parallel universes, you are married to Jim. *pats Pearl on the head*

• Like 1

@rach: I just don't understand why it would be weirder for Jim and Mayim than for Kaley and Johnny? Or Simon and Melissa? Especially since Kaley and Johnny did actually date IRL, so kissing an ex for a living might be a bit more awkward than a colleague/friend.

Maybe I was over thinking things on behalf of them! They are very close so that probably makes it easier

Koops id like to live in that parallel universe. By the way my phone autocorrects your name to Loops. It's annoying.

Mine did that too but if you can save koops in your spell check it will come up automatically

Kaley and Johnny have been friends for almost ten years before TBBT I think I read, and they parted on good terms and work together, so its easier then I suspose. But I agree you would think scenes like kissing and portraying a relationship, would be a tad awkward considering their realtionship history, but they are both professional actors just like Jim and Mayim are. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Your phone probably ships me with Lio. That happens. 

• Like 5

Actually, I don't care how actors feel about kissing, I just want a proper Shamy Kiss in the end of S7 :icon_wink:  *Please ATSKA*

But I agree, actors are actors, there should be no problem doing that.

• Like 2

I want a parallel universe where Amy Farrah Fowler is real and her and I are in a lesbian relationship...I mean...very interesting everyone :p

• Like 6

Kaley and Johnny have been friends for almost ten years before TBBT I think I read, and they parted on good terms and work together, so its easier then I suspose. But I agree you would think scenes like kissing and portraying a relationship, would be a tad awkward considering their realtionship history, but they are both professional actors just like Jim and Mayim are. 

Well they met six years ago, so no...not ten years.  But I think Jim still views her as a lot younger than him.  He is a consummate actor first though so he would do whatever his role asked of him.  But I have heard him call Kaley "a little girl" because he thinks of her as another generation from him.   :icon_lol:    However, if his role called for kissing her or Mayim, he would do it.  He told Mayim he enjoys kissing her.  :icon_wink::icon_lol:

• Like 2

I want a parallel universe where Amy Farrah Fowler is real and her and I are in a lesbian relationship...I mean...very interesting everyone :p

Can I steal her from you sometimes, Raz? ;)

• Like 3

Can I steal her from you sometimes, Raz? ;)

Sheldon will not be happy about this ;)

Well at least if Shamy tanks, Amy has some rebounds lined up.  :ph34r:

• Like 5

Okay I'm posting here not to really say anything but to make this my official new home for a while.  This is a happy place and it's spoiler free.  :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

Well at least if Shamy tanks, Amy has some rebounds lined up.  :ph34r:

Can I have a stand-by ticket too?

• Like 1

Sheldon will not be happy about this ;)

No, but Howard and Raj will want to watch.

• Like 3

Ok, so anyone who watched Jim's live chat today must now know that all those scenarios we were envisioning about Jim opening scripts are likely to be real. 

Angry Jim -> tumblr_lv1tfsdSfC1qc4z9u.gif

Shamy Jim -> tumblr_mkjzpkxwiM1rynk4uo1_250.gif

And I love how his mentioning worrying over being spoiled pre-scripts sounds a lot like us having meltdowns over taping reports and those of us who have decided to avoid them not to know. LOL.

Oh, Jim, join us in the Shamy thread.

• Like 7

Just listening to him talk about being unable to control himself again makes me increasingly desperate to see the takes when the DVD comes out. If they don't include them (which would be bizarre) I will do a Cait and flip all tables within the vicinity.

• Like 6