The Shamy Thread, Season 7 [Spoiler Free]

Shamynanigans

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We did walk past it..  However the one we see in the episode is shot on sight at WB studios.

They have a fictional town, street, cities built next to the sound stages. which is where a majority of the outdoor scenes are filmed. 

The speed bump in Euclid Ave was added just for the episode..

Haha, yeah I know. They don't film at the Pasadena Cheesecake factory either, but these are all places that are part of their world. :) Did you guys go on a WB Tour?

Haha, yeah I know. They don't film at the Pasadena Cheesecake factory either, but these are all places that are part of their world. :) Did you guys go on a WB Tour?

Kazzie did on Sunday.  There's a post about it a few pages back.  It's a must-read!!

I looked it up too. The other "definitions" on urban dictionary are quite disturbing.

HAHA you weren't lying. I decided to check it out, oh LORD. Yeah, no, I don't think I want them doing those kind of kisses!

I think Chloe is right, it isn't actually a thing. :p Bill was being funny though.

P.S. I've never posted in this thread before! Some familiar faces, some not. You spoiler free people, stay strong, I admire you! 

Edited by tyleranne

Had to look it up too and yeah... can't see them doing that.  Seriously *OMG* no.

French kissing, on the other hand, I would totally see and it would be a much more natural progression from their current chaste kissing.

Silly, silly Bill messing with our shamy feels *lol*

I'm fighting temptation.... Oh it's sooo hard!!!! There are 40 people in chat.. But I will remain strong and I will resist temptation... I'm not ruining this for myself... Excuse me while I go scream!!!!

Just stay away from here, that works best for me ;)

Since tensor posted about this in the shamy spoiler thread I thought you guys also wanted to know that he created a thread where people can tell where they are from!

Chit chat > Chit chat > Where Are You From

It's been very interesting to read where everybodys at so I'll hope you'll join in! :) Great opportunity to find other fans close by!

I'm a new fan of TBBT.  I finally gave it a chance after hearing about it from a coworker for what seemed like decades.  The lines just aren't as funny when you hear them incessantly from an old ER doc.  Anyway, I finally decided to watch it, and immediately became hooked and binge-watched the entire series over the last week.  Lost a lot of sleep.

I have informed my husband that I am in love with a fictional character who happens to be played by a man who has no interest in my extra X chromosome.  

Shamy (and Jim and Todd) FTW!

May I join you?

Wth was that for an episode?

Amy lying to Sheldon? I was actually starting to root for Shenny!!!

Why didn't she explain it to him, and talk to him and/or Penny about her feelings regarding Sheldon and Penny's bond.

And that tag scene, while she looked very hot in a naughty way, she knew Sheldon wouldn't notice it as a sexy thing, so why do it?

But on the bright side, it does seem like we are moving to another big moment for Shamy, with Sheldon having to commit himseld completely to the relationship.

I have informed my husband that I am in love with a fictional character who happens to be played by a man who has no interest in my extra X chromosome.

Shamy (and Jim and Todd) FTW!

May I join you?

I totally know how you feel!

Go ahead and join right in!

I'm pretty new to this forum... Do we discuss aired episode in this thread and if so when can we discuss the newest episode???

I totally know how you feel!

Go ahead and join right in!

I'm pretty new to this forum... Do we discuss aired episode in this thread and if so when can we discuss the newest episode???

As soon as it aired it's no longer a spoiler, so yeah we can talk about them.

Wth was that for an episode?

Amy lying to Sheldon? I was actually starting to root for Shenny!!!

Why didn't she explain it to him, and talk to him and/or Penny about her feelings regarding Sheldon and Penny's bond.

And that tag scene, while she looked very hot in a naughty way, she knew Sheldon wouldn't notice it as a sexy thing, so why do it?

But on the bright side, it does seem like we are moving to another big moment for Shamy, with Sheldon having to commit himseld completely to the relationship.

I guess you kinda answer my question before I asked it lol

As for the episode

I really didn't like that Amy lied either. She could have just said that she needed some " girl time" or whatever. But I can understand why she wanted a break from sheldon. I think we can assume its been more than just a few days that Sheldon has been going on about his job and it is most plausible to say that it is all he has been talking about. I get that... It's a very important life changing event... But I can see why Amy would need a break for one night... I know I would. But yes she should have talked to him.

Idk but tptb are doing this on purpose. I think they are creating tension between the two of them and I guess we won't find out why until the finale.

I don't know what was meant by the tag scene. I think they used it just for laughs. But a part of me believes that Amy really didn't understand the school girl thing and what it actually meant. At least that was the vibe I got from the cafe scene.

I never had a problem with Shenny scenes... I always have enjoyed them. I just wanted to day that. I know some people don't like it.

Overall I really do think it was a good episode... I laughed out load a lot!!

I'm not a huge fan of the tag scene, but I watched the episode a second time and I noticed that Sheldon takes a big gulp while looking at her up and down. Now I kind of like the tag scene. I think Amy just really wanted to see what his reaction would be.

Edited by dana1010

I did really like that someone finally told Sheldon that Amy is the key to his happiness, I just wish it wasn't so heavy handed by a psychic that he'd never respected in first place and that they would just let him figure it out with Amy on his own.  I don't think he needs Penny or Leonard or some random person he has never met before advice to make decisions about his relationship when for starts Penny and Leonard have their own problems and keep secrets and Penny is emotionally holding back from Leonard all the time too so its a bit too much like the pot calling tea kettle.  I enjoyed the Howard/Raj scenes the most those two have fantastic chemistry I think its better friendship than Shenny JMO.   I like Shenny don't get me wrong, but I just feel like they often times just get forced together to create drama between the couples and really Sheldon and Penny don't have this super powerful special chemistry, I think as Sheldon put it that's a lot of MALARKEY!!!  They have chemistry but its not better than SHAMY's chemistry its not even better than Howard/Raj or Howard/Bernadette or even Raj/his puppy I mean Sheldon and Penny are great as friends, but I have never felt this super strong connection between them.  I feel its just left over from the days when it was only Jim, Kaley and Johnny as the main leads and now they are still trying to maintain that threesome feel only now its a foursome, but really I just don't buy it.  :icon_rolleyes:

Its sort of unfortunate and makes me kind of sad that Amy feels jealous at all when she shouldn't have to because Sheldon clearly has shown he has become a lot more comfortable with her than anyone else on the cast even moreso than with Penny or Leonard.  I mean he doesn't kiss Penny or hold hands with her, he doesn't let Penny be his emergency contact, she just needs to not lie to him because that could break down the trust they have built up between them.  I'd hate to see that happened. :(  Ugh I just hate it when the writers just invent reasons to make it seem like Penny and Sheldon have a better relationship than either SHAMY or LENNY cause I don't believe they do at all.  Sheldon spends most of their time together insulting Penny and telling her basically how stupid he thinks she is like with that fortune cookie scene and the psychic scenes.  He does care about Penny and sometimes listens to her when it comes to certain things, like last week with breaking up with science, but he also does that with Amy too he looks to Amy for advice on lots of things so it didn't make any sense to me that they had to go there with the whole SHAMY vs SHENNY thing again it just seemed a little forced and not all that funny.  They are good friends, but they don't need to make it seem like Shenny rivals Shamy's relationship in any way its just annoying and reinforces a false stereotype that only opposites attract.  SHAMY complete each other in my opinion and Sheldon and Penny just don't end of story.

The ending scene was sort of cute, but not as much of a WOW  factor  moment to me as their kissing scenes or others this season.  It just felt awkward, Sheldon's reaction was typical Sheldon about it and I do think SHAMY is capable of being sexy together its just got be in their own way not trying to copy Howard/Bernadette or LENNY.  SHAMY has their own style and flair the star trek costume made more sense if she really wanted to turn him on she should have dressed up as Princess Leia instead, it would have been a nice tie in for next week's episode to end it like that as a surprise when everyone would have assumed it was going to be a catholic school girl uniform.  I think Amy would look amazing as Princess Leia complete with buns on the side of her head.  Sheldon does need to be nicer to people and I think he would be if his friends would be nicer to him, not lie to him or try to always force him to do things he doesn't want to do just to change him.  He accepts their annoying behavior so they should accept his or leave him alone because actually Sheldon has changed and developed more as a human being than a lot of them, I think truly only Howard has developed more the rest of them still need a lot of work and yet they act like they aren't annoying only he is well they all are at times.  Amy lying to him is annoying and I don't like that the writers keep making her do it.  I'd rather they find other ways to show her vulnerability or irritation with his behavior.  Like when he kept going on and on about choosing between PS4 and XBox she didn't lie to get away from him, she stuck by his side to the end and only yelled at him once when he wouldn't pass the butter.  So now when it comes to something even more important like his CAREER, she suddenly isn't going to stick by his side and is getting tired of hearing about it.  Amy loves science, she should be encouraging him to pursue something he is passionate about and if he is driving her crazy then she should yell like she did about the butter until he stops it and he probably would right away, it be lot better than lying.  Or she could just tell him at one of their date night meetings that he is only allowed to talk about it if and when she brings it up first kind of like what Bernadette said when Howard kept going on and on about going to space.  Enough is enough, Amy has no reason to fear Sheldon she can tell him what's what every now and then and if he doesn't like it then she has every right to leave until he realizes he's being a jerk and comes knocking on her door to apologize instead of her lying to him and then she has to go knock on his door and apologize instead. 

I also would have preferred that if Sheldon thought Amy was sick that he actually went over to her apartment to take care of her like he's done in the past and then realized she wasn't there and thats how he found out she lied to him again, it would have made a lot more sense and shown Sheldon in a better light than him acting like he didn't care that she may have been sick.   Because of that I almost didn't care that she lied to him cause they made it seem like Sheldon didn't even care that she was sick which goes against their relationship agreement rules.   Just felt like a selfish regress for him in that moment and for Amy to express her feelings to Leonard didn't seem to help her out at all.  I'd rather have seen her say that to Penny or Sheldon and have them reassure her that there is nothing to feel jealous of because its clear to me that Penny and Sheldon although they do have good chemistry don't have same romantic chemistry SHAMY have and never will and Penny always routes for SHAMY to be closer so if she'd opened up to her it would have been nice to see Penny comforting Amy and vice versa Amy apologizing for lying then to have it just be left unresolved in a way.  But yeah I'm all for relationship stuff on the show, but a little too much heavy handed drama this week, not enough comedy.  It wasn't a bad episode I enjoyed parts of it and laughed a little, but it wasn't my fav, especially for SHAMY.  Also, I have a feeling all of this  silly drama with Sheldon's career and Amy's jealousy/emotional desire for more affection is leading to something BIG happening for them in the finale, but I'd rather achieve relationship milestones with lots more humor and less drama because this is a sitcom not a drama.  So hopefully next week will be funnier and full of geeky STAR WARS love :) and if Amy just happened to show up in Sheldon's dreams as Princess Leia I'd be more than ecstatic.

Edited by Superlovelexi

I'm not a huge fan of the tag scene, but I watched the episode a second time and I noticed that Sheldon takes a big gulp while looking at her up and down. Now I kind of like the tag scene. I think Amy just really wanted to see what his reaction would be.

Yeah, I like the tag scene too, and the episode is actually quite good (storywise).

And he wonders what's underneath her skirt, that's something right?

Yeah, I like the tag scene too, and the episode is actually quite good (storywise).

And he wonders what's underneath her skirt, that's something right?

Haha yes i was just thinking about that line too! We know what his mind was on!

Haha yes i was just thinking about that line too! We know what his mind was on!

Even though he gulped, he truly didn't get why she wore it.

Amy wore a regular Catholic school girl uniform because that's what she thought Bernie meant.  She didn't realize it was a fantasy outfit.

Even though he gulped, he truly didn't get why she wore it.

Amy wore a regular Catholic school girl uniform because that's what she thought Bernie meant.  She didn't realize it was a fantasy outfit.

This is Sheldon and Amy we are talking about. I mean did Amy truly get why she wore the outfit. I really just think she saw it as an opportunity to see what his reaction would have been. As a scientist she was naturally curious. It didn't make sense to me that she would do it because of what Bernadette said, but she did. Honestly though, Amy would not know what to do if Sheldon flung himself at her in the school girl outfit. She plays herself off to be the experienced one when she might be more innocent than he is. I'm really not a huge fan of the scene, so as a fan I can either forget it ever happened or try and think about reasons for why it did. I'm choosing to go with the latter.

This is Sheldon and Amy we are talking about. I mean did Amy truly get why she wore the outfit. I really just think she saw it as an opportunity to see what his reaction would have been. As a scientist she was naturally curious. It didn't make sense to me that she would do it because of what Bernadette said, but she did. Honestly though, Amy would not know what to do if Sheldon flung himself at her in the school girl outfit. She plays herself off to be the experienced one when she might be more innocent than he is. I'm really not a huge fan of the scene, so as a fan I can either forget it ever happened or try and think about reasons for why it did. I'm choosing to go with the latter.

Oh Amy knew full well what Bernadette meant by that outfit, just look at how Amy is struggling to control her giggles when she reveales the outfit.

She is a Vixen after all, remember ;)

Hi Kazzie!

Nice to see you survived Tuesday night. hehe Don't tell me anything!!

And I was thinking it's funny how Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny wander around on Los Robles looking for something fun to do, much like we all did on Monday! :)