Season 3 Premiere Set

Tripper

CBS has announced their fall premiere dates, with The Big Bang Theory set to return for its 3rd season on Monday, September 21st, in its new 9:30 slot. CBS's new season rollout officially begins on Monday, Sept. 21 with HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT), the premiere of the new comedy ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT), the seventh season premiere of television's Number One comedy TWO AND A HALF MEN (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT), the third season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY in its new time period (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the eighth season premiere of CSI: MIAMI (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). -CBS Press Release.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great -.- 22 of september is NOT a holiday, so I won't be able to download it on 21st u.u ¬_¬ your 9:30 here is past midnight....in a school day ç__ç but still, now is nice to know how much more we have to wait o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read that Sheldon's mom will be in the first episode. Excellent :) Now they should get Leonard's mom on there too. Can you imagine the two of them dealing with ... each other? Steve

A user called "meetso" wrote in the CBS TBBT Forum (I hope it will be excused that I quote him here):

(no spoilers about the actual episode content, but about how they tape an episode)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I attended the taping of the season premiere yesterday. It was mostly awesome. The only unpleasant times where the long breaks in between scenesin whichthe warm up guy tried to entertain people. But other that, it was so cool!!!!

* -Half an hour before taping begun, they showed the season finale on the video monitors.

* -They handed out a paper with the episode's information

* -The only sets that were visible to the audience were: Penny's apartment, the hallway, and Leonard's apartment, and a bit of the cafeteria

* -All other sets: the entrance to the apartment building and Sheldon's bedroom were not and had to be viewed through only the monitors

* -The rehearsal is done a week before

* -When taping starts, it's basically like watching it on TV, except each scene was done 3 to 5 times, slightly changed each time to get the best effect

* -The actually sets look way smaller than they appear on TV

* -Jim Parsons (Sheldon) and Johnny Galecki (Leonard) each had one scene where they messed up and had to redo several times.

* -The actors don't really talk to the crowd during the breaks, they mostly talk to each other, get their hair and make up touched up, and get ready for the next scene

* -The whole taping lasted about 4 hours

At the end I saw Kaley signing autographs. I guess I could have gotten one, but I was so tired, so I left. I'll try to get one next week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes you realise how hard they actually work! Really impressive!

WTH? Why does UK only gets new episodes 2~3 months after? I mean, even HERE we get them earlier xD Usually arround 2~3 weeks latter. And they have to subtitle it! But I download it anyway and buy the DVD latter, because I can't wait 3 weeks xD In UK you can just "show" (totally forgot the word for that) the exactly same episode in television and everyone will understand o.O The delay makes no sense xD Unless british people dub american things with a british accent xD

Accidentally on purpose looks dull.

It looks AWFUL. Just another sitcom about men and women and sex. That's why I love TBBT... it's so DIFFERENT from everything out there. What's the word for that... oh, CREATIVE!!

Anyway... regarding the set... anyone else notice how colorful this show is? It's so visually stimulating. The wardrobe, the sets and props, everything! And I love Penny's wardrobe! We have similar body types (well, obviously she's WAY skinnier) and we're the same age... once I reach my fitness goals (my motivation for my recent workouts have been new jeans) and reward myself with a bit of shopping, I'll definitely have her clothes in mind!!

Accidentally on purpose looks dull.

It looks AWFUL. Just another sitcom about men and women and sex. That's why I love TBBT... it's so DIFFERENT from everything out there. What's the word for that... oh, CREATIVE!!

Anyway... regarding the set... anyone else notice how colorful this show is? It's so visually stimulating. The wardrobe, the sets and props, everything! And I love Penny's wardrobe! We have similar body types (well, obviously she's WAY skinnier) and we're the same age... once I reach my fitness goals (my motivation for my recent workouts have been new jeans) and reward myself with a bit of shopping, I'll definitely have her clothes in mind!!

I love sheldons T-shirts as well, especially the one with the impossible shape on it:

Posted Image

I'm gonna have to keep a lookout for a shirt like that :p