Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Oh yes, 5.09 and the guy named Kevin. I remember the comment about the 'tall and cheekbones'.

Or how about the minute Kevin left Penny wants to be with Leonard and interrupt him and the girl he is talking to named Laura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IScu_tZ1K58

Oh yes, the "Non-date" of  5.09. I previously listed all the power plays Penny has done to any woman who shows interest in Leonard and I forgot this one, which is arguably one of her masterpieces. When Penny started, Laura's knowing comment was, "This must be Penny. I totally get it".

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 3

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

Oh yes, the "Non-date" of  5.09. I previously listed all the power plays Penny has done to any woman who shows interest in Leonard and I forgot this one, which is arguably one of her masterpieces. When Penny started, Laura's knowing comment was, "This must be Penny. I totally get it".

I thought about that post of yours when I saw the clip. She's gotten craftier as the years have gone by. 

• Like 3

I thought about that post of yours when I saw the clip. She's gotten craftier as the years have gone by.

Always wondered if she was just mad at him, because everything she told the other girl Penny accepts about Leonard, OR was she just driving the competition away.

^^^^That it ended with "take me home!", was telling and funny. Such presumption. Lol. They are really never walking away from each other IMHO. At that point she was recounting the things she finds cute about him, in a perverse way. And he of her. (him of she?)

So yes, you are right. I think it was a challenge to Laura.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

On of the best moments from season one came when Penny, upset after the events at her Halloween party, sort of threw herself at Leonard and he hesitated.......

More speculation on 7.12

Maybe it will be like Disgusted pointed out, a revisit of the Season 1 Halloween episode. Penny is upset over not getting the NCIS role. Leonard is being comforting and supporting and Penny realizes that he is one of the few true things in her life. Overcome, she says something like 'let's get married, right now'. Realizing this is could just be a knee-jerk reaction to the loss of the role, Leonard hesitates and says no because he doesn't want a proposal like this, sort of a rebound/not-fully thought out situation. 

Just rambling, please feel free to ignore. It's late and waaayy past my bedtime (working 11-7 shift, I'm usually in bed by 3PM). But I am beside myself with all the speculation going on -- so there are two of me here -- and we're both going to bed! 

• Like 2

No clue how you could have gotten such an extreme assumption from that, but whatever. I am a woman, I don't think that way at all, I just don't see how the situation the writers have put themselves that isn't workable and will probably come across as extremely awkward. But thinking that means I'm stuck in 1953? Okay-dokay.  :rolleyes: To make a dig at my personal character that way is completely unnecessary. 

I will not talk for Chrismo, but he's not taking a dig at your personal character, simply at what can be reasonably inferred from your reaction to Penny proposing, and the strength with which you have posted your views on the subject

Could it have been a way to get Leonard over think and ask Penny out on a real date?

You mean the Halloween party thing? No, I don't think so. She was probably looking for consolation, because of this thing with Kurt. But she was drunk at this point and Leonard didn't exploit her like all the other guys would. I think that was the point of the story.

They're really aren't any baby steps to take other than marriage. They're in a long-term monogamous relationship, have decided they'll marry one day, so engagement would be the next step. Moving in together I feel is out for reasons already stated. She is experiencing a career disappointment, what many feel is what's keeping her specifically from marrying (fear of becoming nothing but a housewife and not making it in the acting world) as it certainly isn't committing to relationships. 

Maybe in real life, but in this show and this relationship sure there are. The writers are determined to draw this out for a while, no matter what logic would have happen. In real life L/P would be living together (at least), Amy would have dumped Sheldon for someone who isn't a jerk (to put it politely) Howdette would not have gotten married, and Raj would have found out about booze and talking years before he'd met Penny (and probably would have gone to therapy as well).

• Like 3

You mean the Halloween party thing? No, I don't think so. She was probably looking for consolation, because of this thing with Kurt. But she was drunk at this point and Leonard didn't exploit her like all the other guys would. I think that was the point of the story.

Was refering to the not a date epiode

Edited by Squidley

The writers are developing L/P relationship in pillars, with the pillars containing paired stages within the relationship. First is dating/casual relationship, second is the mutual IYL's/committed relationship...which is where they are currently now. The final two pillars contain co-habitation/engagement and then marriage/having kinds. The writers have/are gradually taking him through all the pillars one stage at a time. They haven't deviated from this model so far. Living together for a time comes before engagement. The end of the show will have them being married and we'll probably at least get a fast forword to see them will their children. 

That's one of the subtle things we've seen with Penny over the years. She very carefully has shot down all of Leonard's other girls. It started with the kissing contest in Season 2, when he was out with Leslie Winkle. One I am particularly fond of in an otherwise weak episode was when Penny had to pick them up after Leonard's car broke down. They had gone to try to get Sheldon's virtual stuff back from the guy who hacked his account. Leonard admits he called Penny because he lied to Priya about what he was doing. Penny then digs at the relationship, and follows up with "as long as she's pretty". Basically confirming that she accepts him for who he is, and Priya does not. Then they turn around after Penny finds out they were not successful, and she changes Zarnecki's mind. As noted above, one of the mysteries is why she on the one hand sabotaged all of his relationships but is so peculiar after they get together. She even admits that they had been in a sort of relationship experiment for five years, when fending off Alex. As Leonard says "She's an enigma".

• Like 4

As noted above, one of the mysteries is why she on the one hand sabotaged all of his relationships but is so peculiar after they get together. She even admits that they had been in a sort of relationship experiment for five years, when fending off Alex. As Leonard says "She's an enigma".

Penny's favorite chess piece, is the horsey. It can move in eight different directions, all of them crooked.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 9

In the thread that says "taping reports"

:laugh:

For a while it seemed like they were showing up in another forum, suspiciously referred to by some as "the other forum". I never quite got that. It also seems like no one was able to get in to some of the tapings, but in time, they showed up. Just wanted to be sure I was looking in the right place. For a while, it seemed like people were talking about the episode to be taped as if we had a report, only for me to find that it was all speculation about the press release. Edited by hamerman55

Very true.  But Monique is there tonight so I would assume (and she can make an a$$ out of me as long as she reports what she saw) that it would be in the taping report section. 

Sorry, it's late and I'm punchy...

• Like 1

I remember Monique from last year, and she was excellent. I rarely venture out of this thread now as I needed to avoid Shennys. It was also hard to say anything against Sheldon without starting a flame war. I don't know why it bugged me so much. I accept that everyone has an opinion, but the Shennys and Leonard haters were just too unreasonable for me. I just believe Monique was mostly in the Shamy thread, which was fine, but things got unruly there last season too. I like the safe zone.

Very true.  But Monique is there tonight so I would assume (and she can make an a$$ out of me as long as she reports what she saw) that it would be in the taping report section. 

Sorry, it's late and I'm punchy...

Kasey, Hammer,  there are three (actually four, but I haven't sees She_Ra_Ho_Le around lately) of us (Valued Contributors) who can post to the taping thread.  If the report starts at this forum, we can put the entire report in the thread here.  If it appears in the "other forum" (Fan Forums), then we have to link to it, although we can put a brief synopsis of the show.  Tripper wants it that way.   So, basically, if someone from here does the report, we move it to the taping thread.  If someone from another forum or website (Roxanne from "The Big Bang Buzz" also posts reports when she goes) posts the report, we have to link to it.  

Sometimes, we have none of the regulars or those who are here on the forum get in.  In those cases, we something get info from people who went and were contacted via Twitter or Tumblir and they send us snippetsl.  Again, the same rules apply.  if the person getting the information posts it here, we'll move it to the taping report thread.  If they are giving it to someone at another forum or website, we link to it.

Ok guys, from Monique.  Penny proposes, but she was drunk.  Monique didn't say if Leonard accepted, but as far as Penny goes, in vino veritas.

Thats probably the reason for the hesitation. At least its on her mind!