The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Talking about actors personal lives makes me rather uncomfortable as they are real people .... not to offend anyone but can we keep the discussion to leonard and penny...

I have been seeing this about Ryan. If true why would TPTB do something like this? Why ruin the show and Lenny for someone that shouldn't matter when it comes to the business? Why would Kaley do something like that?

I should have put the sarcasm sign out.

• Like 3

I have been seeing this about Ryan. If true why would TPTB do something like this? Why ruin the show and Lenny for someone that shouldn't matter when it comes to the business? Why would Kaley do something like that?

If this is true (I dont follow their private life), then Kaley should do some reconsidering about getting married to him imho.

If he is so insecure about this, then he should not marry an actress.

Or if its simply because Kaley and Johnny have a past, he doesn't trust her enough to warrant a marriage.

That would be sad IF that were even partially true.  It's not like Kaley and Johnny have these enormous make out sessions.

Or Ryan is jealous of Johnny, and Kaley asked for them to break up so she doesn't have to kiss Johnny.

I hate to admit I wondered about that. She will be a newlywed next year and Johnny is her ex, her and Ryan are only human, so what if???

Don't have much time to comment right now so just gonna say if they were breaking L/P up, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made it a cliffhanger. This will be resolved in a good way, hopefully in the next episode.

I should have put the sarcasm sign out.

As Bernie use to say to Howard when they were first dating --- okay you got me good with that one.

Ryan apparently comes to all the tapings and loves them, so I think it should be alright. Kaley has always been a big Leonard and Penny supporter. I've wondered about this too as I couldn't imagine being in their position without it being painful and difficult, but they're good friends and seasoned professionals. Johnny asserts that she is a part of his life, not just an ex. 

Don't have much time to comment right now so just gonna say if they were breaking L/P up, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made it a cliffhanger. This will be resolved in a good way, hopefully in the next episode.

I keep thinking about how standoffish Penny was with Leonard after the bedroom proposal and next thing we knew she was thinking about breaking up with him. So from 5.23 through 6.03 it was really bad patch for Lenny.

• Like 1

That, or they know they've been renewed for three years and are breaking them up because they now have time to break them up. Or Ryan is jealous of Johnny, and Kaley asked for them to break up so she doesn't have to kiss Johnny.

I know you are joking, but to make things clear: Kaley and Johnny broke up, just because they didn't want to change the impression the viewers have for Leonard and Penny. Kaley and Johnny also mentioned in the extra "Electromagnetism" of Season 6 DVD's, that they want Penny and Leonard to end up together. Ryan has to deal with it. He has no right to influence Leonard and Penny in any way, that's not his business.

If he get's jealous of an imaginary relationship, she should definetly look for another guy.

Guys it's kind of rude to talk about the personal lives of the actors, especially considering you don't know them personally and there is no reason for it to be brought up. Actors know the line between professional and personal. 

• Like 1

Ok everyone, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I haven't heard anything about any problems between Ryan and Johnny. And I really can't imagine Kaley marrying someone who would object to a normal part of her business.

• Like 2

I wonder why the writers put in the part of Sheldon specifically asking Leonard about the relationship just to pull a joke, if Leonard's reply isn't meaningful, "I don't know".

I keep thinking about how standoffish Penny was with Leonard after the bedroom proposal and next thing we knew she was thinking about breaking up with him. So from 5.23 through 6.03 it was really bad patch for Lenny.

I wouldnt say it was a really bad patch for them, id say it was something that really got Penny thinking about their relationship which im pretty sure this is going to be too. Except now shes the one doing the proposing so she knows thats what she wants its just it took her being sad and a little drunk to actually admit it!

I just dont see how this would turn out bad at all. They both obviously want to be with each other and dont want to break up so why would they? As proved by the Christmas episode, Penny literally cant imagine her life without him! She aint gonna let this boy go!

Leonard did the right thing, now he must be punished for it.

Penny won't be back with a proposal again until she believes that they are on a more equal basis.

• Like 1

Penny won't be back with a proposal again until she believes that they are on a more equal basis.

I don't think he will be punished for that. Hopefully, Penny will realize, that he did the right thing.

I wouldnt say it was a really bad patch for them, id say it was something that really got Penny thinking about their relationship which im pretty sure this is going to be too. Except now shes the one doing the proposing so she knows thats what she wants its just it took her being sad and a little drunk to actually admit it!

I just dont see how this would turn out bad at all. They both obviously want to be with each other and dont want to break up so why would they? As proved by the Christmas episode, Penny literally cant imagine her life without him! She aint gonna let this boy go!

So beautiful to read :)

Penny might feel rejected, already with NCIS and now with Leonard, but I don't think he'll be punished. Of course we know Leonard isn't rejecting her but I could easily see her taking it that way, and probably avoiding bringing it up for that reason. It's interesting the ways in which this mirrors his sex proposal. 

Edited by DaisyJane

Equal in what way though? In the relationship, this puts Leonard a little closer to equal with Penny. Ths was a nonserious proposal, similar to the VD proposal. The proposal reads as a spur of the moment, I need to feel good right now thing. She should have dragged him off for some bed breaking sex. That would have been appropriate.

For Penny to be close to Leonard career-wise, her acting career would have to look like Jennifer Lawrence's right now. Leonard is at the top of his field for his age. You can't do better than Leonard right now without a heap of blind luck.

• Like 1

When she sobers up, she will realize that not only is her acting dream seemingly over, she screwed up big time with Leonard. I hope her apartment windows are stuck closed.

Leonard accepting the proposal would have been the equivalent of a pity..., uh, you can fill in the blank.

Just to be clear, I am not happy about all this.

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 3

Ultimately I think Leonard/Penny will be fine in the next episode. I think everytime there's been a breakup it comes out of the left-field for Leonard, but in this situation he is unsure and "too afraid to hear her answer" and so I think Penny will pleasantly surprise him and the audience in the next episode with her growth - or atleast I hope.

Penny might feel rejected, already with NCIS and now with Leonard, but I don't think he'll be punished. Of course we know Leonard isn't rejecting her but I could easily see her taking it that way, and probably avoiding bringing it up for that reason. It's interesting the ways in which this mirrors his sex proposal. 

I agree with the sex proposal.comparison But Leonard really didn't understand what he did wrong and that's why he wanted an answer. The others more than pointed it out his error. Although Penny pointing out she had nothing to show for her ten years in California was an insult to Leonard and he pointed it out she realized she shouldn't of done that and then she proposed. Looking back she should realize she shouldn't of done it at least in the state of mind she was in.

That's the biggest problem I think. How will Penny's reaction look like? She is well-known for getting things wrong, so it's highly possible that she freaks out. But she knows Leonard for a LONG time now and should be aware of his ways. I already mentioned: If she doesn't realize, that Leonard did the right thing, then she is definetly stupid.

I wonder why the writers put in the part of Sheldon specifically asking Leonard about the relationship just to pull a joke, if Leonard's reply isn't meaningful, "I don't know".

I took it that it was partly so that Sheldon could try to pull his stupid joke and then also to really get the audience wanting to see where the cliffhanger leads too.

By the way I will be interested in seeing how that played out. It sure didn't show Sheldon in a very good light. It sounded like he cared more about his childish joke then his little buddy!

Edited by SodidIwin?

Equal in what way though? In the relationship, this puts Leonard a little closer to equal with Penny. Ths was a nonserious proposal, similar to the VD proposal. The proposal reads as a spur of the moment, I need to feel good right now thing. She should have dragged him off for some bed breaking sex. That would have been appropriate.

For Penny to be close to Leonard career-wise, her acting career would have to look like Jennifer Lawrence's right now. Leonard is at the top of his field for his age. You can't do better than Leonard right now without a heap of blind luck.

I agree with the bed breaking sex. They're never going to be equal career wise but she need some kind of career at this point to at least feel better. Penny always feels stupid compared to Leonard and this episode isn't going to help the cause.

Drag it out a couple of weeks. This was 147, if they continue it in the next episode, that's 148. Stretch it one week more week and resolve it the next means the resolution is in episode 150, during sweeps, hmmmmmm .

Agreed. That does give hope for nothing bad happening with Lenny. They could have a non-Lenny episode and a Lenny resolving episode and then a big 150 episode.

• Like 1