Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

(from the taping reports thread, her lil report on the Xmas episode) 

I find it so freakin' adorable that she dreams about meeting Leonard. She's like, no, I can't imagine not meeting my baby! So so cute. 

I like Leonard's revenge there at the end haha. He has his insecurities but at least they can have a laugh about these random things! 

Penny's really getting there, I think :) yay!

I agree. It is interesting she has the dream of Leonard because of his lactose intolerence. I don't think it's a place he would normally go to. It appears that Leonard had never gone to CF until meeting Penny. It's also true he might peed his pants going up to her. When he did actually meet her for the first time Sheldon was there. I remember his first "date" with Penny when he was sweating like a pig in the apartment. Leonard's revenge dream is more realistic. Penny still would have met Zack if Sheldon wasn't around.

Really?

With episodes like 7.09 where the writers dropped in something from 3 years ago and 4.24 where Penny got too drunk to have any kind of self control I'm just wondering what will fall out of the sky next. Now I'm almost expecting some other addition to pop in out of nowhere. Something to resolve that will take a couple of years to resolve so that Leonard will be with Sheldon a couple of more years.

I see what your saying. But it appears 7.09 was resolved quickly. 4.24 was 2.5 years ago now and IMO a couple years to resolve this won't happen because the show appears to be late in the third quarter (in football terms). Things obviously won't go smoothly but another earth shattering L/P break up won't happen. In regards to Sheldon I think something will give with Shamy. It looks like now Amy picture is on is laptop screensaver. Never thought that would happen either.

• Like 1

I see what your saying. But it appears 7.09 was resolved quickly. 4.24 was 2.5 years ago now and IMO a couple years to resolve this won't happen because the show appears to be late in the third quarter (in football terms). Things obviously won't go smoothly but another earth shattering L/P break up won't happen. In regards to Sheldon I think something will give with Shamy. It looks like now Amy picture is on is laptop screensaver. Never thought that would happen either.

I agree that I don't believe another break up is in the offing. You are also correct that they have to move the Shamy soon also. That's another reason I think the Lenny issue will be completely resolved in episode #150 which is the beginning of February sweeps this year. They will then turn their sights to the Shamy. I also feel something good is still going to come out of this NCIS issue for Penny. If not directly with NCIS in a call back then because of her part in it, even if it was cut out.

I more see her going into some sort of rehab rather than them breaking up. Leonard will stick by her no matter what (short of murder).

• Like 1

I more see her going into some sort of rehab rather than them breaking up. Leonard will stick by her no matter what (short of murder).

No, I think he would still hide her in his room if she murdered someone, especially if it was Sheldon, in his sleep.

• Like 5

Leonard will stick by her no matter what (short of murder).

She will do the same! I can't see her breaking up with him, just because she did a drunken proposal and he hesitated. She wouldn't be happy with that, when she is sober. Of course, it's possible that she feels rejected, but at least she should give Leonard the time to explain, WHY he hesitated. If she truly loves him, she will do that! Leonard proposed "a lot", what should give her the impression, that he WANTS to get married. According to the report, she didn't give him any time to explain. She just stormed out of the apartment, what was obviously the booze talking.

They need each other and I can't see them apart anymore. The christmas episode will be a good proof for that!

After thinking about the most recent taping report, I do not think that this will be a L/P break up because it makes no sense given all of the progress that has been made since last year and the box of Leonard stuff that Penny keeps in her room.  The box that she has kept shows how invested she is in the relationship just like the snowflake that Leonard gave her as well all of the items that she has kept shows how invested he is.  Also, I believe the show is starting to come to an end.  Even if the show is renewed for couple of more years, it is still closer to the end.  The storyline in show is also beginning to play out.  IMO the writers can only string out the L/P so far before they have to bring it to its intended conclusion, which is a Lenny marriage.  So, despite the bumbs that seem to be coming up, I think in the their relationship could make a huge step forward by the end of this season.

In regards to the part about Penny's acting career, I agree with many of the other members here.  I wish they would give her something positive either in her acting career, education or another job.  I am tired of them always portraying Penny as "dumb, drunk and unaccomplished." because there is so much more potential in that character.  In a lot of ways she is just as smart or smarter than Leonard and the others in a lot of areas.  For example, in the scavenger hunt in 7.3, she figures out at least three of the puzzles.

Penny is no dummy.

• Like 5

After thinking about the most recent taping report, I do not think that this will be a L/P break up because it makes no sense given all of the progress that has been made since last year and the box of Leonard stuff that Penny keeps in her room.  The box that she has kept shows how invested she is in the relationship just like the snowflake that Leonard gave her as well all of the items that she has kept shows how invested he is.  Also, I believe the show is starting to come to an end.  Even if the show is renewed for couple of more years, it is still closer to the end.  The storyline in show is also beginning to play out.  IMO the writers can only string out the L/P so far before they have to bring it to its intended conclusion, which is a Lenny marriage.  So, despite the bumbs that seem to be coming up, I think in the their relationship could make a huge step forward by the end of this season.

In regards to the part about Penny's acting career, I agree with many of the other members here.  I wish they would give her something positive either in her acting career, education or another job.  I am tired of them always portraying Penny as "dumb, drunk and unaccomplished." because there is so much more potential in that character.  In a lot of ways she is just as smart or smarter than Leonard and the others in a lot of areas.  For example, in the scavenger hunt in 7.3, she figures out at least three of the puzzles.

Penny is no dummy.

Someone else mentioned the acting career and IMO it's over and I believe her waitressing will be done soon too. The acting has never really fit into the show.  Bernadette for example worked at CF for money for college and when she was done she moved on. I think it should be the same for Penny. I agree Penny's much smarter than what's being portrayed but in many ways work and education wise she doesn't fit with the other six. Most people would look stupid compared to them. Penny is also different in that she is much more sociable than the others. There is got to be something else that she could do. I agree with you that Penny is invested into the relationship. She just doesn't show it like Leonard does.

Yikes!

tumblr_mxo30xeefg1ql1uweo1_1280.jpg

Okay. How many guys are going to make that their avatar?

• Like 1

Wallpaper, I can put icons over Sheldon.

I won't, but to be honest, I enjoy every opportunity to see Kaley half naked or even completely naked. Who doesn't? :D

Someone else mentioned the acting career and IMO it's over and I believe her waitressing will be done soon too. The acting has never really fit into the show.  Bernadette for example worked at CF for money for college and when she was done she moved on. I think it should be the same for Penny. I agree Penny's much smarter than what's being portrayed but in many ways work and education wise she doesn't fit with the other six. Most people would look stupid compared to them. Penny is also different in that she is much more sociable than the others. There is got to be something else that she could do. I agree with you that Penny is invested into the relationship. She just doesn't show it like Leonard does.

Not me.

I won't, but to be honest, I enjoy every opportunity to see Kaley half naked or even completely naked. Who doesn't? :D

I don't mind to see it once, but just based on looks, she doesn't really float my boat.

I really prefer a Mayim type, both on looks and personality (as far as I can "judge" that part ofcourse).

• Like 1

No, I think he would still hide her in his room if she murdered someone, especially if it was Sheldon, in his sleep.

Heck if Penny murdered Sheldon, I would find a way to hide the fictional character of Penny. lol

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 5

Not me.

I don't mind to see it once, but just based on looks, she doesn't really float my boat.

I really prefer a Mayim type, both on looks and personality (as far as I can "judge" that part ofcourse).

Well then, I think every man has a different "taste" of women. But that discussion doesn't really fit in here. I think this scene is very inappropriate. I don't mind if we see her half naked in bed with Leonard, because this is kinda natural. But THAT scene seems a little bit too dirty for a sitcom, don't you think?

Well then, I think every man has a different "taste" of women. But that discussion doesn't really fit in here. I think this scene is very inappropriate. I don't mind if we see her half naked in bed with Leonard, because this is kinda natural. But THAT scene seems a little bit too dirty for a sitcom, don't you think?

No idea if its to dirty, its just 1 screenshot.

Ask me tomorrow.

Some are going nuts on the spoiler thread. I think it's in the show about Amy having doubts about Sheldon. I think the dream is probably about that if Penny can't get him interest sexually who can. Then Leonard shows Amy Sheldon's screensaver and it's a picture of Amy. She almost starts crying. MJ mentioned something like that in the Shamy thread.

Some are going nuts on the spoiler thread. I think it's in the show about Amy having doubts about Sheldon. I think the dream is probably about that if Penny can't get him interest sexually who can. Then Leonard shows Amy Sheldon's screensaver and it's a picture of Amy. She almost starts crying. MJ mentioned something like that in the Shamy thread.

Yeah, your guess is very likely. I don't see a problem there. This episode is all about how good their life with Sheldon is. So I doubt it will be a bad thing.

Yeah, your guess is very likely. I don't see a problem there. This episode is all about how good their life with Sheldon is. So I doubt it will be a bad thing.

On the spoiler thread I said IMO it was good Shamy moment. It doesn't appear though the Shamy's are happy.

Yikes!

tumblr_mxo30xeefg1ql1uweo1_1280.jpg

I'd like to correct my posts about Leonard's response to Penny's proposal. What were you thinking you should have said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I'd like to correct my posts about Leonard's response to Penny's proposal. What were you thinking you should have said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, I hope you are just joking because of her looks ;)