Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

Stewart is the was the part of the story that was really sad.  Does anything good ever happen for this guy?

It would be funny if Lucy's boyfriend was Stuart, like someone put in fanfiction.

Stewart is the was the part of the story that was really sad.  Does anything good ever happen for this guy?

Sometimes I think they put Stuart in there when they are getting ready to make Leonard look bad. Then they make Stuart look worse and sad, so we forget they just dissed Leonard. Shoot, they just had his girlfriend and near fiance tell that he'd piss his pants trying to ask her out in the AU. That's pretty harsh. When you think about it, that alone could have earned her the hesitation in the next episode. Basically she still thinks she's so hot that Leonard couldn't successfully hit on her sans Sheldon without wetting himself. Whether it was accurate or not, that's just not soemthing you say to a boyfriend that has insecurity issues. My girlfriend would have had some serious explaining to do later that night, if there was a later.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think they put Stuart in there when they are getting ready to make Leonard look bad. Then they make Stuart look worse and sad, so we forget they just dissed Leonard. Shoot, they just had his girlfriend and near fiance tell that he'd piss his pants trying to ask her out in the AU. That's pretty harsh. When you think about it, that alone could have earned her the hesitation in the next episode. Basically she still thinks she's so hot that Leonard couldn't successfully hit on her sans Sheldon without wetting himself. Whether it was accurate or not, that's just not soemthing you say to a boyfriend that has insecurity issues. My girlfriend would have had some serious explaining to do later that night, if there was a later.

I wouldn't put too much into it, it's all in jest. They were cute and happy and everyone was ripping on one another, like friends do. I'm glad that they're at a point where they are comfortable enough with one another that they can tease the other without fear of someone getting offended. We began seeing a lot of this at the end of S6, and I liked seeing it again tonight. Leonard has gained a lot of self-confidence being with Penny, so I think her vision reflected the shy guy who struggled to interact with the girls he was at the beginning. All the characters were exaggerating for the sake of making the friends laugh. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 4

I can't believe after this nice episode, they are going build Penny's acting hopes up just to crush them, making her go to the depths of despair and drag poor Leonard down with her.

So don't think about it, just keep living in Happy Happy land for the next 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I can't believe after this nice episode, they are going build Penny's acting hopes up just to crush them, making her go to the depths of despair and drag poor Leonard down with her.

The roller coaster life that is Penny and Leonard continues...

Still wondering how they'll resolve it. I think a breakup is impossible. There's simply no reason. I just hope Penny's question gets answered in the next episode.

All we have to know is, how Penny will react. I hope the press release for 7.13 isn't too far, so that we can have a little impression how it will continue.

Edited by FileXxX

I wouldn't put too much into it, it's all in jest. They were cute and happy and everyone was ripping on one another, like friends do. I'm glad that they're at a point where they are comfortable enough with one another that they can tease the other without fear of someone getting offended. We began seeing a lot of this at the end of S6, and I liked seeing it again tonight. Leonard has gained a lot of self-confidence being with Penny, so I think her vision reflected the shy guy who struggled to interact with the girls he was at the beginning. All the characters were exaggerating for the sake of making the friends laugh.

If you go back to the first time Leonard tried to go out with Penny, he broke out in a flop sweat. That might have prompted Penny's AU. If the sense was more about Leonard's insecurity back then and not Penny's overwhelming pulchritude, than I'm OK with it. Given that Penny has revealed security issues, and certainly made it clear she's nuts about Leonard prior to the what-ifs, then he should probably be fine with her teasing. I do think they should do more episodes with all the characters involved, like the scavenger hunt. They are usually funny and don't involve the relationships much. They also don't feel like the writers are stalling.

• Like 2

Still wondering how they'll resolve it. I think a breakup is impossible. There's simply no reason. I just hope Penny's question gets answered in the next episode.

All we have to know is, how Penny will react. I hope the press release for 7.13 isn't too far, so that we can have a little impression how it will continue.

I'm hoping since the cliffhanger ending appears so gloomy, that when they do complete the storyline it turns out verry good for Lenny. Unfortunately I also think they may string it out until episode #150. That episode I understand begins the Februay sweeps. So we may have to wait until the January 14th taping report to really find out the eventual outcome. That is if someone has been lucky enough to get tickets for that taping.

But you are correct about episode 7.12. How do they handle L/P in that episode. Do they totally ignore and keep them apart, do they have Penny come over and talk to Leonard, Do they have Leonard get up enough courage to go over and discuss it with Penny, or do they have Penny talking to her girl posse and Leonard discussing it with Sheldon. It will be very interesting to see how the writers handle this next episode. Since the episode and Lenny's future could go in many different directions.

However, I still believe something good comes out of the NCIS issue. Whether it is a call back or she gets an audition for something else but I think they are going to end up giving Penny something to restore her hope in her dream or at least herself. Then the proper proposal to Leonard. At least that's my Christmas list I just sent to Santa. I just hope he doesn't use a cannon to shoot it down for me! :)

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 3

If there is giong to be a proposal I think that it will be Penny doing the proposing.   That being said, I don't believe that it is going to happen anytime soon.  I think at the most Penny will ask Leonard to move in with her, and something will come up that will prevent him from doing that.   I do think that if they ever do move in together, somehow it will work out that Penny will move in with Leonard and Sheldon, and not Leonard with her.  

• Like 1

If you go back to the first time Leonard tried to go out with Penny, he broke out in a flop sweat. That might have prompted Penny's AU. If the sense was more about Leonard's insecurity back then and not Penny's overwhelming pulchritude, than I'm OK with it. Given that Penny has revealed security issues, and certainly made it clear she's nuts about Leonard prior to the what-ifs, then he should probably be fine with her teasing. I do think they should do more episodes with all the characters involved, like the scavenger hunt. They are usually funny and don't involve the relationships much. They also don't feel like the writers are stalling.

I am thinking sort of the same thing, after watching it, there is a lot of teasing going on, they are not being serious, as in 'It's a wonderful live'. Even Amy's S/P daydream was a tease, and was really about her not Penny, because Sheldon was turning down Penny, saving himself for a girl like Amy. I really like the group interaction too, that is why we need another group paintball episode. The girls all dressed for combat would be too funny. I would also like Alex there so she could get taken out by friendly fire.

• Like 3

I'm hoping since the cliffhanger ending appears so gloomy, that when they do complete the storyline it turns out verry good for Lenny. Unfortunately I also think they may string it out until episode #150. That episode I understand begins the Februay sweeps. So we may have to wait until the January 14th taping report to really find out the eventual outcome. That is if someone has been lucky enough to get tickets for that taping.

Maybe, but I still don't think the 150th episode will be something special. Is it me, or is Leonard's and Penny's second anniversary near? They started dating again in the 13th episode of season 5. I'm not saying it will happen something like that, but it's possible?

If there is giong to be a proposal I think that it will be Penny doing the proposing.   That being said, I don't believe that it is going to happen anytime soon.  I think at the most Penny will ask Leonard to move in with her, and something will come up that will prevent him from doing that.   I do think that if they ever do move in together, somehow it will work out that Penny will move in with Leonard and Sheldon, and not Leonard with her.

I agree with you that Penny will do the proposing. However, I still don't understand why a lot of people are fixated that they have to move in together? They have what amounts to currently as a three bedroom, 2 bath apartment. They seem to be together all the time and walk into each other's apartment freely. In reality they have in a sense already live together. They don't have to have a place of there own until they are actually married. But something tells me that they never really will get rid of the child (Sheldon). The only ray of hope there is that Amy is very stubborn and determined. So it's only a matter of time before Sheldon cracks under her pressure.

Maybe, but I still don't think the 150th episode will be something special. Is it me, or is Leonard's and Penny's second anniversary near? They started dating again in the 13th episode of season 5. I'm not saying it will happen something like that, but it's possible?

Well if you are correct and they then resolve and get engaged in episode 13 of season 7 , then the #13 will no longer be bad luck for me! :)

• Like 1

I agree with you that Penny will do the proposing. However, I still don't understand why a lot of people are fixated that they have to move in together? They have what amounts to currently as a three bedroom, 2 bath apartment. They seem to be together all the time and walk into each other's apartment freely. In reality they have in a sense already live together. They don't have to have a place of there own until they are actually married. But something tells me that they never really will get rid of the child (Sheldon). The only ray of hope there is that Amy is very stubborn and determined. So it's only a matter of time before Sheldon cracks under her pressure.

Well, you could look to how it went with Howard and Bernadette getting married, where Sheldon plays the role of Howards Mom.

It took them some time to seperate Howard from his mom, but they did.

Why can't Leonard be seperated from Sheldon?

I don't think Amy has to be stubborn about it.

• Like 2

I don't know if or when Leonard and Penny will live together but I feel the writers keep hinting at them living together once again with Penny talking about her being short on cash again. Either they will finally give her some national commercials with some real bank to go with it or they are getting us really for a major sea change. It has to be one or the other because they can't be harping on Penny being broke all the time. Lenny relationship has being in a holding pattern to long and it's like a pink elephant is sitting in the room every time they are on screen together.

Something has to give for this relationship and if they are living across the hall Sheldon will still be the man/child that Lenny has to take care of, so nothing will change that much. I don't claim to know what the writers will do but I do know they are stalling this relationship big time and it's getting less and less believable that Leonard would still be living with Sheldon, imo.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 5

Well if you are correct and they then resolve and get engaged in episode 13 of season 7 , then the #13 will no longer be bad luck for me! :)

I HOPE I'm correct ;) Ironically, we have Friday the 13th today. But I don't believe in that kind of stuff. However, the 13th episode of season 5 is the reason, why we have a Lenny right now. Not so bad, huh? :D

I think part of it is people want Lenny more independent of Sheldon and want Amy closer to Sheldon. I think it would be funny if Penny moved in with Leonard and Amy moves in across the hall. Think about it, Sheldon goes across the hall, one Saturday morning, to tell Amy she needs to take him to the comic book store because Leonard and Penny won't get out of bed.

• Like 5