Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

Leonard just saying "Yes" would be way too simple for my taste.

Penny will know she did something wrong. Leonard told her (on that Valentines day) what he would expect. Proposing to him after some glasses of wine is not good enough and I´m sure Penny will know that.

The way he said that was very tongue-in-cheek, after his lame proposals I doubt he's seriously demanding hers meet a certain criteria. This is the third try between them, at some point enough is enough. If they both want to get married, they should really just decide to go for it. Penny may be too humiliated to try again, and we know Leonard is kicking himself for not saying yes.

My last speculation on 7.13. Since there are three weeks from 7.13 on January 9th and 7.14 on January 30, this is how it goes. There is no interaction between Penny and Leonard tonight, until the tag of the show when Leonard, with the roses his hand, is shown at Penny's door. He knocks, she opens the door, he hands her the roses and says, "We need to talk."

Yeah, I know, it sounds like one of my cliffhangers. But think of the build up to 7.14.

• Like 1

I unfortunately think that won't happen. I have a funny feeling like others have mentioned that the two will not have a scene together tonight. I could see the flowers getting delivered to the door though. I would think Penny would think it romantic and maybe reconsider how she did her original proposal. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

My last speculation on 7.13. Since there are three weeks from 7.13 on January 9th and 7.14 on January 30, this is how it goes. There is no interaction between Penny and Leonard tonight, until the tag of the show when Leonard, with the roses his hand, is shown at Penny's door. He knocks, she opens the door, he hands her the roses and says, "We need to talk."Yeah, I know, it sounds like one of my cliffhangers. But think of the build up to 7.14.

Our ideas are a little similar having the flowers involved . I also agree that it could be a tag at the end. Not only three weeks between new shows but I think the next taping is January 14.

Could you see that kind of cliffhanger and us having to wait until mid-January to find out what happens?

Could you see that kind of cliffhanger and us having to wait until mid-January to find out what happens?

Yes.

I can see us pulling our hair out if this happen. lol

If that happens, it might be better to avoid the spoiler and Leonard and Penny spoiler threads for a few weeks. I can see people getting testy. LOL

• Like 3

My last speculation on 7.13. Since there are three weeks from 7.13 on January 9th and 7.14 on January 30, this is how it goes. There is no interaction between Penny and Leonard tonight, until the tag of the show when Leonard, with the roses his hand, is shown at Penny's door. He knocks, she opens the door, he hands her the roses and says, "We need to talk."

Yeah, I know, it sounds like one of my cliffhangers. But think of the build up to 7.14.

That is totally what they would do considering 7.13 shows on my birthday....

If that happens, it might be better to avoid the spoiler and Leonard and Penny spoiler threads for a few weeks. I can see people getting testy. LOL

So true, so true. But I can see some of us stilling torturing ourselves by entering both threads. lol

Leonard : "Yes" 

Penny    :"Yes?? Yes what??"

Leonard : "Yes I will marry you"

Penny    : "When did I ask you??"

Actually, that's pretty funny.

I agree that would be funny. Of course it would render moot all our anxiety from the past week. BTW sECUREij picked a bad time to visit and dis Leonard. Kinda like sticking your (body part of your choice) into a wood chipper.

Thank (whoever posts them) for taping reports. Without them we'd have to wait for an episode to air.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I mentioned this in the spoilers thread, but if Penny quit her job at the CF, is this a precursor to Leonard and Penny moving in together.  We know she's not comfortable with it, but if she can't pay any of her bills, could she be forced into it, despite her being uncomfortable.  

I mentioned this in the spoilers thread, but if Penny quit her job at the CF, is this a precursor to Leonard and Penny moving in together.  We know she's not comfortable with it, but if she can't pay any of her bills, could she be forced into it, despite her being uncomfortable.

Tensor, I hope not because Penny doesn't want to live with him at this time and I am afraid she would just wind up resenting Leonard. Penny loves her space and independence so I don't know how the writers will turn this around so quick. Maybe toward the end of the season Penny may change her mind.

• Like 1

I mentioned this on the spoiler. My theory is that this is a setup by Penny and Sheldon for a real proposal. Sheldon agreeing with Penny to quit CF for acting. I don't buy it. Penny and Sheldon spending his day off together. I don't buy that either. Penny quitting her job with no other income. another I don't' buy it. something is up IMO.

I mentioned this on the spoiler. My theory is that this is a setup by Penny and Sheldon for a real proposal. Sheldon agreeing with Penny to quit CF for acting. I don't buy it. Penny and Sheldon spending his day off together. I don't buy that either. Penny quitting her job with no other income. another I don't' buy it. something is up IMO.

Agreed, as said in the spoiler thread, seems a very confusing episode, on all fronts.

Guess we need to see it to understand it.

I think Leonard's initial thought that her quitting was a bad idea simply stemmed from the fact that it's something he couldn't imagine doing - like he said at the end. Molly just said it's like when Rachel quit her job at the coffee shop in Friends to get the fear. My friend quit her job because she was going nowhere with it and we were all a bit wary of this but actually she'd made the right decision. It's probably the best thing to do if you feel like you're going nowhere and it looks like Penny's finally taking some proper action into focusing on her acting career and taking that somewhere. I really think she did a good thing there and I get why Leonard thought it was a bad idea. 

Aaaaaand I'm glad that she tells him he done the right thing the night before and that they didn't make a massive deal out of it! She acknowledges what happens and lets him know things are fine between them, I'm happy :) 

They've put themselves back on the right track, Sheldon is always going to be like their little kid - gives them practice for the day they have a real one. 

• Like 2

I wonder why Penny didn't talk to Leonard before making the decision to quit CF like Leonard talked to her about going to the North Sea. I mean they are in a relationship and shouldn't they have talked before making such a big decision?

eta: I am so glad Leonard did the right thing in telling Penny the only reason she was proposing to him was due to her being sad and drunk. Boy was he right and probably had his heart crushed if he had said yes.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

I wonder why Penny didn't talk to Leonard before making the decision to quit CF like Leonard talked to her about going to the North Sea. I mean they are in a relationship and shouldn't they have talked before making such a big decision?

Because it was a decision she made for herself and wanted to do alone and probably knew Leonard wouldn't think it's the best idea. And I'm guessing 'I'm quit yesterday' and 'you did the right thing last night' - she maybe did it after he proposed to her in her heightened state. 

This is good because that entire uniform sucked ha

• Like 2

Sigh.

I know it plays very differently when you see it acted out as opposed to the reading the spoilers but right now I'm feeling VERY underwhelmed. The whole Shenny-ness of how it reads (to me) I find irksome. Sheldon supporting Penny's dreams while Leonard isn't? WTF?

At work right now, trying to do this all stealth-ninja like and the only thing I've read is the initial blurb. Seemingly, it has been expanded upon. Anyone can point it out to me when I can find this new morsel? Trying to do this real quick before I'm caught!

I hope this Shenny-ness doesn't persist, otherwise, I'm outta here.

• Like 3

Sigh.

I know it plays very differently when you see it acted out as opposed to the reading the spoilers but right now I'm feeling VERY underwhelmed. The whole Shenny-ness of how it reads (to me) I find irksome. Sheldon supporting Penny's dreams while Leonard isn't? WTF?

At work right now, trying to do this all stealth-ninja like and the only thing I've read is the initial blurb. Seemingly, it has been expanded upon. Anyone can point it out to me when I can find this new morsel? Trying to do this real quick before I'm caught!

I hope this Shenny-ness doesn't persist, otherwise, I'm outta here.

You can read more in the Taping Report Thread, thanks to Dana1010.

I'm not feeling this episode either and I hope it plays out better on screen than on paper.