Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

Can you define progress? They went from an undefined status and Penny being unsure, to Penny saying I love you for the first time and her supporting Leonard going on a four month trip without her.

Yes, she is done. The actress has a recurring role in NCIS and besides, Leonard wasn't interested. To quote Leonard, "I'm not going to do anything, I love Penny." She was introduced for a reason. That reason was to make Penny insecure, she succeeded, but Leonard reassured her. Again, to quote Leonard, "Nothing is going to happen." The bonus was Leonard initiated sex for the first time. No progress there.

Good point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Penny's fear of commitment is a good point, but, as a spectator with a subjective opinion, I see Penny using this reason not to break Leonard's heart.

As she told Sheldon, she doesn't want to hurt Leonard... And Sheldon even asked her not to hurt him.

So isn't she actually using this pretext every time ? 

It seems to me the last hurdle was TCF. It's always been the elephant in the room. Penny was never going to marry Leonard while waitressing. The predictable would have been quitting TCF and going back to school. That's way too easy. Quitting TCF and trying to make it as an actress puts a certain time limit on all this if she has no income. To me this forces L/P forward cause something is gotta give. what that is I don't know. I'm guessing acting won't be but something unknown will.

Funny you should have brought this up. When you were writing this post last evening I was watching episode 6.06 on TBS. where Penny is so angry with Leonard for rewriting her school paper...

Penny: You are such an ass. This is exactly why I didn’t want to tell you I was taking a class in the first place.

Leonard: Please don’t be upset. I just, I didn’t want you ending up with a bad grade and get discouraged and give up on the idea of going back to school.

Penny: Right, because me being in school is so important to you. That way, you wouldn’t have to be dating someone who’s only a waitress.

Leonard: Oh, come on, you know that’s not true.

Penny: Do I? Listen to me. I need to do this on my own. If I fail, I fail. If I pass, I pass. Do you get it?

Her quitting TCF was another check off of Penny's to do list the writers have for her before she can feel totally adequate in the. Lenny relationship. The problem I have is the answer to you question at the end of your post... If not acting then what do they have in mind? If TPTB don't want Penny to have success in acting she is then worse off then when she was "just a waitress" in her eyes regarding their relationship. Without some type of success she will never feel comfortable with Lenny long term.

The writers always said they like to put themselves in a corner and then try to wiggle their way out. I'm really interested in seeing what success they have in store for Penny that she can accept if it is not her dream of acting? Because without that she will never feel completely secure in their relationship.

Also, I have never been one of those who suggest that Penny is just "settling" by going with Leonard. The biggest exhibit disputing that theory is when the writers had Penny show Leonard her box of keepsakes she has collect of the sweet things he has done for her from the very beginning. No one that is just "settling" would ever bother to do that IMO. I truly think what's holding her back is the feeling of inadequacy compared to Leonard. That is why it is imperative that Penny obtains some measure of success on her own.

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 5

Funny, it wasn't clear to me… What was clear was she was giving off a "I've never had a guy treat me this way before and I don't what to do with it vibe." Not to mention she still felt weird about the proposal in bed and her admission to Sheldon that she had a lot to figure out. I don't see where any of that supports her having had a lot better, just confusion on her part.

She herself said she had much more exciting relationships than the one she had with Leonard implying she still could have better ones again ....

And if she gave the vibe of "I've never had a guy treat me this way before and I don't what to do with it vibe." ... I hardly think she would have thought "Leonard's job is to make me happy....my job is letting him make me happy"......should'nt it be the opposite way...

And as far as settling is concerned....Penny proposes to Leonard after her part on the NCIS gets cut off ,when nothing works for her in her life......so she had to be a complete failure for her to propose to Leonard ....an idea which till now seemed to have scared her even when it is just brought up....if that does not give the vibe of settling .... I don't know what does....

Edited by vasu

She herself said she had much more exciting relationships than the one she had with Leonard implying she still could have better ones again ....

And if she gave the vibe of "I've never had a guy treat me this way before and I don't what to do with it vibe." ... I hardly think she would have thought "Leonard's job is to make me happy....my job is letting him make me happy"......should'nt it be the opposite way...

And as far as settling is concerned....Penny proposes to Leonard after her part on the NCIS gets cut off ,when nothing works for her in her life......so she had to be a complete failure for her to propose to Leonard ....an idea which till now seemed to have scared her even when it is just brought up....if that does not give the vibe of settling .... I don't know what does....

Well since the NCIS episode has yet to be aired I can't see how you can exactly tell what "vibe" is actually being portrayed? However, since you are interpreting her vibe, so shall I. What if considering she is 1.) sad about being cut out of the episode and 2.) at the very least tipsy, perhaps she was at the point of giving up on her dream at that moment in time. If that is so then the obstacle of her being a success and somewhat on Leonard's level before she proposed just vanished in her eyes. But the one thing she knew she truly wanted also was Leonard so she proposed instead of her feeling she would lose all of her dreams not just acting. That wouldn't be "settling" that would be reevaluating the situation and changing her priority list. Then the next morning when she was more clear headed she was back to the more independent Penny and once again wanted to follow her dream and ultimately, in her mind, be on a more level footing when she did properly propose to her true love Leonard. Edited by SodidIwin?

Leonard doesn't accept Penny's proposal and that might be a sign of things to come. I am a Lenny fan so I don't want them breaking up. However a little suspense of a possible break up or rough period in the relationship is good for rating. Maybe it is time for Leonard to examine the relationship and decide if it is right for him.

BTW IMHO the writer try to show Penny is smart in many ways, just not educated. I think that is important in the Lenny relationship. Penny beating Leonard at chest the first time she ever plays it, is only one example. For a relationship to last there has to be more than LUST. However sex sells, so look for more bedroom and innuendos.

She herself said she had much more exciting relationships than the one she had with Leonard implying she still could have better ones again ….

More exciting does not mean better…and three episodes after that, Penny was amazed at his explanations, they were in the lab and the TARDIS having sex, and three episodes after that, when she could have went for someone else, she instead tells Leonard she loves him. Doesn't appear as if she's looking for another "exciting" relationship. Not to mention her insecurities after Alex hits on Leonard. Why be insecure if she feels her relationship is unsatisfying or she can run off and find a more exciting relationship?

And if she gave the vibe of "I've never had a guy treat me this way before and I don't what to do with it vibe." ... I hardly think she would have thought "Leonard's job is to make me happy....my job is letting him make me happy"......should'nt it be the opposite way…

Actually, it's precisely what she would think. She treated the other guys that way, and they treated her bad. She expect's to be treated bad, that's why she was confused. She was treating him the same way she treated the other guys, and he was treating her well. 

Yeah, and she had been drinking. She has said she's scared and has admitted inhibitions about getting married. The alcohol removed the inhibitions, and she said what she wanted when she has no inhibition. I'm not going to tell you that her emotional state didn't have anything to do with it, it probably did, but that doesn't mean her emotional state was the only reason she proposed. Leonard pointed it out and she realized that he was the one good thing going on in your life. Wanting to keep that good thing in your life doesn't qualify as settling.

• Like 6

Well since the NCIS episode has yet to be aired I can't see how you can exactly tell what "vibe" is actually being portrayed? However, since you are interpreting her vibe, so shall I. What if considering she is 1.) sad about being cut out of the episode and 2.) at the very least tipsy, perhaps she was at the point of giving up on her dream at that moment in time. If that is so then the obstacle of her being a success and somewhat on Leonard's level before she proposed just vanished in her eyes. But the one thing she knew she truly wanted also was Leonard so she proposed instead of her feeling she would lose all of her dreams not just acting. That wouldn't be "settling" that would be reevaluating the situation and changing her priority list. Then the next morning when she was more clear headed she was back to the more independent Penny and once again wanted to follow her dream and ultimately, in her mind, be on a more level footing when she did properly propose to her true love Leonard.

umm.... "vibe" of the story by reading the taping report......

Leonard doesn't accept Penny's proposal and that might be a sign of things to come. I am a Lenny fan so I don't want them breaking up. However a little suspense of a possible break up or rough period in the relationship is good for rating. Maybe it is time for Leonard to examine the relationship and decide if it is right for him.

BTW IMHO the writer try to show Penny is smart in many ways, just not educated. I think that is important in the Lenny relationship. Penny beating Leonard at chest the first time she ever plays it, is only one example. For a relationship to last there has to be more than LUST. However sex sells, so look for more bedroom and innuendos.

I don't think the writers will ever make Leonard examine their relationship....just see his reaction to him rejecting Penny's proposal...he was scared that Penny was going to break up with him.......and he was also scared to tell her that he thought quitting TCF was a bad idea..... how pathetic....

when clearly he should have on atleast two occasions in two episodes...

1- she proposes to him when she feels like a failure......

2- she does not even bother to notify him about her quitting TCF...

not respecting his feelings...not respecting his opinions.... 

More exciting does not mean better…and three episodes after that, Penny was amazed at his explanations, they were in the lab and the TARDIS having sex, and three episodes after that, when she could have went for someone else, she instead tells Leonard she loves him. Doesn't appear as if she's looking for another "exciting" relationship. Not to mention her insecurities after Alex hits on Leonard. Why be insecure if she feels her relationship is unsatisfying or she can run off and find a more exciting relationship?

I was talking about the episode where she thinks about breaking up with him...

And if we are going for the "few episodes later" ...... Then well few episodes after that on Valentine's day she bitches on and on about her ex bf of 7 years proposing to someone else......if she was so amazed by Leonard and loves him so much...should'nt she be happy she got rid of that her ex bf....and should'nt she be showing him off....

it does'nt make any to sense to why she would get upset at that sight.....and please don't tell me she was scared so she was trying to ruin everything thing...... because why would she want to ruin anything if she is scared at the first place...if she was so scared or losing Leonard should'nt she be treating him like a jewel in a box (I don't remember the proper metaphor here :p)

Actually, it's precisely what she would think. She treated the other guys that way, and they treated her bad. She expect's to be treated bad, that's why she was confused. She was treating him the same way she treated the other guys, and he was treating her well.

So you're saying she expects to be treated bad , and she excepts that Leonard's job is to make her happy...I don't understand how both can be true at the same time...

And this is not the first time they are dating for her to treat him the way she treated other guys....this was after almost 6 years of knowing Leonard ....and how he "ruined" other men for her....

Yeah, and she had been drinking. She has said she's scared and has admitted inhibitions about getting married. The alcohol removed the inhibitions, and she said what she wanted when she has no inhibition. I'm not going to tell you that her emotional state didn't have anything to do with it, it probably did, but that doesn't mean her emotional state was the only reason she proposed. Leonard pointed it out and she realized that he was the one good thing going on in your life. Wanting to keep that good thing in your life doesn't qualify as settling.

She "retracted" her proposal the next morning (by telling Leonard he did the right thing)....so clearly she never wanted to propose to Leonard in the first place... implying her emotional state was the only reason she proposed...

not wanting to propose when everything is going good ....and proposing when she feels like a failure...I think qualifies as settling...

And all this talk about her being scared.... when someone is scared of losing their parter and their partner proposes to marry them should'nt they accept the proposal ....cause you know that seems to be the best option of not being scared of losing their partner anymore and showing you love...

Its seems lime Penny's has her own insecurities about being good enough for Leonard. Thats the reason for her anger over being proposed to and when she thinks Leonard is pushing her to be educated, even though he would marry her if she were homeless because he loves her for who she is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

umm.... "vibe" of the story by reading the taping report......

Week in and week out we all read the taping reports and then proceed to predict woe and doom upon our favorite characters. Why? Because we read the reports through each of our own eyes, with our own set of concerns and worries for our favorite character or relationship. Then low and behold the episode plays out on the TV screen and we all (but a tiny minority) think and vote that the episode was anywhere from very good to excellent. I enjoy reading the taping reports but I no longer hold a lot credence to them. I wait for the show to air to see how the actors said and performed their lines or what scenes are left on the editing room floor (just ask Penny!).

You can, as is your privilege, use a taping report to form your argument, however, only the episode itself will show how a particular scene is played out IMO. 

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 3

. The actress has a recurring role in NCIS and besides, Leonard wasn't interested. To quote Leonard, "I'm not going to do anything, I love Penny." She was introduced for a reason. That reason was to make Penny insecure, she succeeded, but Leonard reassured her. Again, to quote Leonard, "Nothing is going to happen." The bonus was Leonard initiated sex for the first time. No progress there.

Would it be impossible for her to come back as a guest appearance? I have only seen her on NCIS a couple times. They have others come on from other shows to make guest appearances. Maybe a one time date with Raj?

Would it be impossible for her to come back as a guest appearance? I have only seen her on NCIS a couple times. They have others come on from other shows to make guest appearances. Maybe a one time date with Raj?

No it wouldn't be impossible, but there'd be absolutely no point to it. I have no interest in seeing her beg for Leonard's attention again, Raj would be going on a date with someone even more desperate than him. 

• Like 1

It seems people are taking Penny's proposal as a total negative. After the proposal episode many assumed she was drunk and wouldn't remember. Since that wasn't true people moved on to she was an emotional crisis and Leonard was the "booby prize". To me though there has always been a difference with L/P between work and personal lives. I don't think Penny's proposal was worse than Leonard's. Leonard pointed out she had him and that's why she proposed. She was so focused on the NCIS mess she really wasn't thinking of him. That's why to me her proposal if anything was more genuine. If Penny didn't want to propose she wouldn't of. After that reality set in. she was only a waitress and thus realized she shouldn't of done it. It's easier to feel sorry for Leonard right now because you only see his point of view.

No it wouldn't be impossible, but there'd be absolutely no point to it. I have no interest in seeing her beg for Leonard's attention again, Raj would be going on a date with someone even more desperate than him.

I wouldn't necessarily think of it as needing Leonard's attention. Alex and raj were both astrophysicists? And Raj can talk to women now. I would just like to see it for the others reaction. Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3

I was talking about the episode where she thinks about breaking up with him…

You said she could find another exciting relationship. I was just pointing out that she found excitement with Leonard.

And if we are going for the "few episodes later" ...... Then well few episodes after that on Valentine's day she bitches on and on about her ex bf of 7 years proposing to someone else...…

That is just a classic example of sabotaging the relationship, something you seem not to think happens. It's a case of "I can't deal with how good everything is going, so let's make sure things aren't going well." (see below)

if she was so amazed by Leonard and loves him so much...should'nt she be happy she got rid of that her ex bf....and should'nt she be showing him off....

it does'nt make any to sense to why she would get upset at that sight.....and please don't tell me she was scared so she was trying to ruin everything thing...... because why would she want to ruin anything if she is scared at the first place…

She is scared of becoming committed to Leonard, one of the best ways to get rid of that fear is to sabotage the relationship, so committing isn't possible, by making a big deal about her ex. You know, piss Leonard off enough that he doesn't want to get married, but not enough to run him off.

if she was so scared or losing Leonard should'nt she be treating him like a jewel in a box (I don't remember the proper metaphor here :p)

Look up High Conflict People. Penny doesn't display all of the various traits, but several she does. One of which is sabotaging the relationship. To quote someone from the Psychology Today forum:

Speaking as someone who has sabotaged relationships in the past, I can tell you why I did it. Having come from a rough childhood, I just couldn't honestly believe that someone could ever really choose to love me for who I am. Low self-esteem was the main issue but a secondary reason was the inability to trust love as being something other than a whole lot of pain down the road eventually. It really had nothing to do with what any man said or did right or wrong, it was 100% me.

As soon as I heard those three little words I was outta there.

Then I moved into my bad boy phase, where I actually thought if one of those "big strong men" could love me, I would finally be able to believe that I was lovable. They hurt me too (cheating, lying, etc...) so I gave up ever being with any man.

That is from an actual person, does that sound familiar? And while I not sure Penny's childhood was "rough", it wasn't totally great either not to mention the bad relationships(Cheating, lying, etc. I'm sure you can find specific episodes where Penny's boyfriends did the those things. And, while she hasn't given up, she does have scars that affect her relationships.

So you're saying she expects to be treated bad , and she excepts that Leonard's job is to make her happy...I don't understand how both can be true at the same time…

Being happy and being treated bad are not mutually exclusive.

And this is not the first time they are dating for her to treat him the way she treated other guys....this was after almost 6 years of knowing Leonard ....and how he "ruined" other men for her….

That doesn't mean she still doesn't have issues that hamper her relationship. You seem to think that just because she known Leonard for six years, that automatically fixes her issues, it doesn't.

She "retracted" her proposal the next morning (by telling Leonard he did the right thing)....so clearly she never wanted to propose to Leonard in the first place... implying her emotional state was the only reason she proposed…

Actually, it implied that the alcohol wore off. You keep forgetting she was drinking.

not wanting to propose when everything is going good ....and proposing when she feels like a failure...I think qualifies as settling…

Not just feeling like a failure, she had also been drinking.

And all this talk about her being scared.... when someone is scared of losing their parter and their partner proposes to marry them should'nt they accept the proposal ....cause you know that seems to be the best option of not being scared of losing their partner anymore and showing you love...

There are at least two issues, not entirely connected. Is she scared of losing Leonard, she's demonstrated that. Does she have issues connected to committing, she demonstrated that also. Again, they are not mutually exclusive. She also probably has a few other issues that are common in High Conflict People. The past issues that cause that don't have to just be in the persons childhood, again, it can be due to bad relationships, which we know Penny has had.

• Like 3

1- she proposes to him when she feels like a failure......

She "retracted" her proposal the next morning (by telling Leonard he did the right thing)....so clearly she never wanted to propose to Leonard in the first place... implying her emotional state was the only reason she proposed...

not wanting to propose when everything is going good ....and proposing when she feels like a failure...I think qualifies as settling...

You have the oddest takes on things that I have ever seen.  I can always count on SRAM to take the negative point of view, but yours are just strange.

She's proposing when she feels like she is losing everything good in her life and she doesn't want to lose one of the few remaining good things (her relationship with Leonard).  Telling him he did the right thing is not even remotely the same thing as saying she never wanted to propose in the first place.  The only way to interpret things the way you are is if you are trying to fit it into your preconceived notions.

• Like 1

It's not impossible, but shooting schedules for a one hour drama can be much more demanding that a half hour comedy. TBBT goes from read to tape in one week. Shooting on a one hour drama can run two weeks. She would have to work around the NCIS schedule, and then TBBT would have to be ready for her for when she is free. They would also have to have a specific episode ready for her. Not to mention, she is playing a recurring character as the girlfriend of one of the main characters. It could be her chance to become a main character, much like Melissa and Mayim did. Do you really thing she would chance giving that up, if she was needed on NCIS? I realize others have appeared live while on another show, but those shows weren't shooting on the same schedule as TBBT. In the case of Christine Baranski, her scenes are skyped and can be shot anytime prior to the live shooting. It would be just so much easier to cast another woman as a different physicist.

• Like 1

It's not impossible, but shooting schedules for a one hour drama can be much more demanding that a half hour comedy. TBBT goes from read to tape in one week. Shooting on a one hour drama can run two weeks. She would have to work around the NCIS schedule, and then TBBT would have to be ready for her for when she is free. They would also have to have a specific episode ready for her. Not to mention, she is playing a recurring character as the girlfriend of one of the main characters. It could be her chance to become a main character, much like Melissa and Mayim did. Do you really thing she would chance giving that up, if she was needed on NCIS? I realize others have appeared live while on another show, but those shows weren't shooting on the same schedule as TBBT. In the case of Christine Baranski, her scenes are skyped and can be shot anytime prior to the live shooting. It would be just so much easier to cast another woman as a different physicist.

I figured there might be some cooperation between shows especially since TBBT is giving NCIS a big plug in the next episode.

It seems people are taking Penny's proposal as a total negative. After the proposal episode many assumed she was drunk and wouldn't remember. Since that wasn't true people moved on to she was an emotional crisis and Leonard was the "booby prize". To me though there has always been a difference with L/P between work and personal lives. I don't think Penny's proposal was worse than Leonard's. Leonard pointed out she had him and that's why she proposed. She was so focused on the NCIS mess she really wasn't thinking of him. That's why to me her proposal if anything was more genuine. If Penny didn't want to propose she wouldn't of. After that reality set in. she was only a waitress and thus realized she shouldn't of done it. It's easier to feel sorry for Leonard right now because you only see his point of view.

I don't know about others ... but when some one suggested that this proposal should result in an engagement I said(wrote) that I would not like it as it would seem that Penny is settling for Leonard...so I did'nt move one... :p

You said she could find another exciting relationship. I was just pointing out that she found excitement with Leonard.

I said how I felt about Penny in that episode... I never said she did not find excitement with Leonard later...

That is just a classic example of sabotaging the relationship, something you seem not to think happens. It's a case of "I can't deal with how good everything is going, so let's make sure things aren't going well." (see below)

She is scared of becoming committed to Leonard, one of the best ways to get rid of that fear is to sabotage the relationship, so committing isn't possible, by making a big deal about her ex. You know, piss Leonard off enough that he doesn't want to get married, but not enough to run him off.

I hardly think she "calibrated" her actions to make sure her actions stay within the limits that you specified...it was an impulsive reaction on her part seeing her ex propose to someone else just like her ILY.... if that is genuine then this is genuine too...

Look up High Conflict People. Penny doesn't display all of the various traits, but several she does. One of which is sabotaging the relationship. To quote someone from the Psychology Today forum:

That is from an actual person, does that sound familiar? And while I not sure Penny's childhood was "rough", it wasn't totally great either not to mention the bad relationships(Cheating, lying, etc. I'm sure you can find specific episodes where Penny's boyfriends did the those things. And, while she hasn't given up, she does have scars that affect her relationships.

I don't care what those people say.... seeing the show and posting on this forum is enough for me...

Being happy and being treated bad are not mutually exclusive.

I never said they were....but expecting Leonard to treat her badly and expecting Leonard job's is to make her happy are mutually exclusive...which you said....

That doesn't mean she still doesn't have issues that hamper her relationship. You seem to think that just because she known Leonard for six years, that automatically fixes her issues, it doesn't.

When those issues are'nt consistent enough its hard to understand.....

Penny did'nt even show an ounce on insecurity in the entire second half of season 5 after they got back together... and if I remember correctly she laughed out loud on an statement that there is a chance that Leonard would hurt her....

Actually, it implied that the alcohol wore off. You keep forgetting she was drinking.

ummm...no I did not forget .... alcohol wore off ... just like her thoughts about proposal...

Edited by vasu

Jeez reading some posts here makes me think you all have bigger issues then the characters on the show ;)

Just wait untill both episodes aired, things will probably feel alot better then, not to mention, be alot clearer.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 5

I don't know about others ... but when some one suggested that this proposal shPenny did'nt even show an ounce on insecurity in the entire second half... and if I remember correctly she laughed out loud on an statement that there is a chance that Leonard would hurt her.......

I believe she said that Leonard wouldn't hurt her before the egg salad episode. I don't think she said it after being insecure about Alex.

I said how I felt about Penny in that episode... I never said she did not find excitement with Leonard later…

Your original quote, in post 4866 was:

"Penny while trying to break-up with Leonard the second time around clearly was giving this sort of vibe....that she could do a lot better...and that she had a lot better… "

After I said I didn't get that vibe, I got a confusion vibe, you came back, in post 4886 with:

"She herself said she had much more exciting relationships than the one she had with Leonard implying she still could have better ones again ….

So now you were equating better with exciting. I was simply pointing out that if she could do a lot better(as you claimed she implied), why get excited about Leonard's work and then voices that she loves him? That's why I said she found a better relationship with Leonard, when she found excitement with Leonard.

I hardly think she "calibrated" her actions to make sure her actions stay within the limits that you specified...it was an impulsive reaction on her part seeing her ex propose to someone else just like her ILY.... if that is genuine then this is genuine too…

I never said it wasn't genuine nor that is actually what she did, that was the result. I realize I could have made that more clear, my apologies. However, those types of reactions are part of her impulsive reactions. People who have them aren't concisouly doing it, although they can realize they were doing it, as Penny did, later. I told you specifically where to find an explanation for those reactions and you said the following:  

I don't care what those people say.... seeing the show and posting on this forum is enough for me…

You made specific statements in post 4890 about how Penny should behave, and how you said you didn't understand why she was behaving in certain ways. That quote and the reference to High Conflict People are your answers, and yet, you refuse to look at them. So, if you're not going to look at an explanation, what basis do you have for saying her behavior is off or why would you expect to understand it, if you're not willing to look at he explanation. ?

I never said they were....but expecting Leonard to treat her badly and expecting Leonard job's is to make her happy are mutually exclusive...which you said….

Actually I didn't say that they are mutually exclusive and, besides, they are not. She expected Leonard to make her happy, but also, based on previous experience and for reasons I provided, that you refused to look at, expected him at some point to do something to hurt her, even though, consciously, she thought otherwise.  

When those issues are'nt consistent enough its hard to understand…..

Well, looking at the explanation would help in understanding it. Other than that, this is why we are discussing it. You have your thoughts, I have mine, and others have theirs.

Penny did'nt even show an ounce on insecurity in the entire second half of season 5 after they got back together…

Why should she? They were in the Beta Test, remember. If things weren't working, they could just split. They didn't even have sex (and when they did, the didn't finish) for four months and then, from other comments they made, doesn't look like they even attempted sex again until the breakup episode.

and if I remember correctly she laughed out loud on an statement that there is a chance that Leonard would hurt her….

That statement was in, episode 6.03, prior to her seeing Alex in the cafeteria with Leonard. Then she got excited about Leonard, voice her love, and then got insecure. After voicing her love she opened herself up to getting hurt. That brings on insecurity, cue Alex making hitting on Leoanrd obvious and it getting back to Penny. That was Alex's whole purpose, to make Penny insecure about the relationship. There has to be some level of commitment, otherwise there's nothing to be insecure about.

ummm...no I did not forget .... alcohol wore off ... just like her thoughts about proposal…

Well if you didn't forget, you were ignoring it, even after I said something about it. You stated in Post 4890:

She "retracted" her proposal the next morning (by telling Leonard he did the right thing)....so clearly she never wanted to propose to Leonard in the first place… implying her emotional state was the ONLY reason she proposed…

You never mentioned the alcohol. Even in the next three statements of that post, you didn't mention alcohol, it was all, according to you, her emotional state. You stated the only reason was her emotional state.

One annoying thing about getting the taping reports the way we have is that the next two episodes will be split by several weeks, and clearly this is a three or more episode arc. Regardless of our individual opinions about the information so far, it seems that where things are left right now needs at least one follow up. This isn't like last year, where big episodes for Lenny (or Shamy for that matter) were settled at the end of the episode. Penny proposed, albeit in a stressed frame of mind, Leonard hesitates, Penny is glad he didn't accept, and quits the CCF. That's a lot of actions that just sort of stop. It has a real "tune in next week for the next exciting installment of TBBT" feel to it. I've never really had that sense much except for season finales. Isn't that sort of weird for the first third of the season?

• Like 4

One annoying thing about getting the taping reports the way we have is that the next two episodes will be split by several weeks, and clearly this is a three or more episode arc. Regardless of our individual opinions about the information so far, it seems that where things are left right now needs at least one follow up. This isn't like last year, where big episodes for Lenny (or Shamy for that matter) were settled at the end of the episode. Penny proposed, albeit in a stressed frame of mind, Leonard hesitates, Penny is glad he didn't accept, and quits the CCF. That's a lot of actions that just sort of stop. It has a real "tune in next week for the next exciting installment of TBBT" feel to it. I've never really had that sense much except for season finales. Isn't that sort of weird for the first third of the season?

Don't forget, the "The Occupation Recalibration" will air on 9 January.  If they follow last year (and the timing for the rest of the new episodes, along with the taping schedule, suggests they are) the next episode after that is on January 30th, three weeks after we find out she quits TCF.   Not to mention, the episode on the 30th will be the first sweeps episode, so I would think the "tune in next week" will help the get the viewers back as there has been, historically, a drop in viewers after a three week hiatus.  

• Like 1

Don't forget, the "The Occupation Recalibration" will air on 9 January.  If they follow last year (and the timing for the rest of the new episodes, along with the taping schedule, suggests they are) the next episode after that is on January 30th, three weeks after we find out she quits TCF.   Not to mention, the episode on the 30th will be the first sweeps episode, so I would think the "tune in next week" will help the get the viewers back as there has been, historically, a drop in viewers after a three week hiatus.

My mistake. I though there would be a break between the next two episodes, then they would pickup with "The Occupation Recalibration". I always wondered why they had the three week break in January. It isn't like there is something important in the sports world happening on Thursdays in January. March I understand, if the network has the NCAA tournament.

I hope we'll be getting taping reports during the three week hiatus. I sense it has been harder for our usual reporters to either get tickets or have the time. Perfectly understandable on all points, but as a scientist, one misses the data.