The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I

Is it fair to Leonard having to paid rent for two apartments? The running joke is they guys don't make that much money so wouldn't it be a drain on him each month? We do know Sheldon got a rise for his non discovery but nothing has every been said about getting a rise (I'm sure got raises but it's never talked about). It should be one or the other on paying rent, not both.

Also I think Leonard should be allowed to stay out of Penny's finances she wants to make it on her own and he should honor that. It's all her now and that is the way she wants it.

While it may not be 'fair', the question is, what is the difference between what Leonard would pay for his half of L/S's apt and the cost of storage. Clearly there's not enough room for all of L/P's stuff in Penny's apt., If Leonard doesn't pay for his half of L/S's apt. he'll have to pay storage for his extra things.  Leonard can probably work out a discount, based on the utilities he won't be using (thought he'll probably have to pay for his own wi-fi), but he'll still have to pay for somewhere to keep his stuff. He can always remind Sheldon about Amy wanting to move in if Leonard completely moves out. That should buy him some slack. As for Penny's finances, we've seen in the past how Leonard has been helping Penny with those, now it will be out in the open instead of under the table.

Edited by eirwinrommel

He should have said yes. Penny wasn't that drunk, and given the context she would have felt better for a while. They could have discussed things the next day after Penny was feeling better.

That episode was something else.  I can't believe what a tool Leonard was in the first part, not supporting her.  Penny also didn't seem that drunk, just a little sad,  I'm thinking maybe Leonard should have said yes.

no,no,no,no,no he should NOT have said yes! even if penny was a little drunk any amount is wrong and would be taking advantage.. is that really hard to see?

• Like 3

Guess I will be in the minority on being happy Leonard didn't accept the proposal. For me it would look like Leonard was taking advantage of her and that wouldn't be right, imo.

no,no,no,no,no he should NOT have said yes! even if penny was a little drunk any amount is wrong and would be taking advantage.. is that really hard to see?

I am so glad someone else agrees with me.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 4

That was painful to watch.

Hmmm, Sitcom---situation comedy---comedic situations, went off the track there somewhere....

• Like 3

yeah, for once i agree with disgusted that was pretty sad for what sad usually is on a sitcom...idk :(

Edited by bigbangsheldon

Did anyone notice that not only the Lenny relationship was trashed this episode by that Shamy didn't do very well, Amy was not happy this episode and made a remark about breaking up with Sheldon.  I don't know what the writers are thinking, but I sure hope they are thinking of breaking everyone up.  The next episode doesn't really fix this episode.

• Like 3

Leonard really was a jerk in the Penny clearly wasn't drunk, so he wouldn't have been taking advantage. He definitely should have said yes. I wasn't big on the idea of her proposing in the first place, and now I definitely don't want to see her do it again. That was miles ahead of both of his and he essentially said no. 

• Like 1

I just reread the spoiler for next week, but it reads a lot like this episode, Leonard still acts badly.  WTF are the writers up too?  Would they really break them up?

• Like 1

It looks like this really is the start of a major L/P story arc that will go through the sweeps in Febuary. All the weeds that the writers have been using to delay the relationship are being hacked at bigtime.

Leonard is telling Penny the truth about her star actress delusion. It's almost impossible to make it even little, much less big in Hollywood. Normally, Penny expects him to just nod his head when she tells him of her movie star dream. He manned up and told her the reality as he sees it. Penny will take care of the Cheesecake Factory gig so now their real issues can be addressed.

This is going to end well for L/P by seasons end.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 5

Okay okay let's assume Penny is completely sober. She is still very devastated and upset and Leonard points out he's the only thing she has... And she's upset so she's clinging onto that..

Anyway, even if Penny wasn't drink and only upset it would be wrong to take advantage of her vulnerability (the drunk was adds to it being wrong)

It would just be wrong even if she wasn't drunk!

• Like 4

Leonard really was a jerk in the Penny clearly wasn't drunk, so he wouldn't have been taking advantage. He definitely should have said yes. I wasn't big on the idea of her proposing in the first place, and now I definitely don't want to see her do it again. That was miles ahead of both of his and he essentially said no. 

My impression was that Penny was very much sad and drunk. She even at one point had a slight problem with her balance. I understand why Leonard hesitated. But this was one very odd and melancholy episode. It was so very oddly sad for a comedy.

The writers must be setting us all up for one hell of February sweeps. And that goes for both Lenny and Shamy shippers. I was set on stun through the entire episode.

• Like 1

OK I liked the episode.  Yes L/P were pretty serious, they should have been.  Penny's reactions were very consistent with someone who's dream had been basically destroyed.  Leonard did everything he could to make it right, but in Penny's state, it wouldn't have mattered what Leonard said to try to comfort her, it wasn't going to matter.   And I like the way they handled the proposal.  Daisy, i disagree.  It wasn't just the alcohol, it was her whole state of mind.  Leonard recognized it, sad AND drunk (although not much) and rightfully didn't want to say yes.  But, you have to look at how Penny looked at it.  Her part got cut, she was stuck in a dead end job, and the one person she though would stick with her makes her feel rejected.    These two people were very disappointed in themselves and each other and it really hurt them to deal with these situations.  They both made mistakes in how they handled it.   That said, I don't see them breaking up over this (I know, I've seen the next report, but that doesn't come into play here).   And I want to say that as an actor, I can't say enough how great  Johnny and Kaley handled the whole thing. very impressive.  The whole thing felt very real.  

I also want to say I didn't like the idea of Penny quitting TCF without discussing it with Leonard.  However, after seeing this episode, I can understand how her state of mind would lead her to that.  Leonard can sit back and analyze the whole situation, but that's not Penny's way.   She's not one to analyze things and doesn't hesitate in doing what she thinks needs to be done(that it's not always correct, and she doesn't think it over is one of her weaknesses).   But her apparent feelings and how she feels about the whole situation makes her quitting, because she believes that is the course she needs to follow, authentic. 

• Like 9

It looks like this really is the start of a major L/P story arc that will go through the sweeps in Febuary. All the weeds that the writers have been using to delay the relationship are being hacked at bigtime.

Leonard is telling Penny the truth about her star actress delusion. It's almost impossible to make it even little, much less big in Hollywood. Normally, Penny expects him to just nod his head when she tells him of her movie star dream. He manned up and told her the reality as he sees it. Penny will take care of the Cheesecake Factory gig so now their real issues can be addressed.

This is going to end well for L/P by seasons end.

I knew the minute Penny told his to be honest with his answer it would turn out bad for Leonard. Penny has never liked it when tells her the truth and he should have recalled some of the times it happen to him when catch in the same situation.

• Like 4

I agree Leonard acted badly. he did realize what he did. he did give her an honest answer about her acting prospects although they needed to talk about it at a different time..She wasn't drunk? I myself wouldn't of gotten in a car with her. Leonard was right she was drunk and sad proposing. I'm not sure why you think he should have said yes since the next episode proves she was happy he didn't..Her proposal was suppose to be the whole nine yards. there was no ring, she staggered to the ground and was holding a glass of wine. I'll give you it was no worse than Leonard's proposals but miles ahead it wasn't.
  • Like 2

My impression was that Penny was very much sad and drunk. She even at one point had a slight problem with her balance. I understand why Leonard hesitated. But this was one very odd and melancholy episode. It was so very oddly sad for a comedy.

The writers must be setting us all up for one hell of February sweeps. And that goes for both Lenny and Shamy shippers. I was set on stun through the entire episode.

Yes, someone else gets why Leonard hesitated.

I hope you are right about something good coming in February Sweeps for Lenny cause they are taking a beating at the moment.

Yes, someone else gets why Leonard hesitated.

I hope you are right about something good coming in February Sweeps for Lenny cause they are taking a beating at the moment.

The black of night will be the deepest, ere the morn comes.  

• Like 2

I don't think Leonard was a jerk or acted badly. Leonard chose the wrong time to tell the truth. When asked 'does this make me look fat?' you don't say yes. When someone has just had a career set back and is upset, it's not the time to point out how unlikely their chances of success are. If you need to have that conversation, you want to have it when they are feeling good, or at least wait until a better time. Prepare what you want to say, and make it positive so they won't see what you say as an attack.

• Like 6

The black of night will be the deepest, ere the morn comes.

tee hee (the emoitions don't work for me)

I admit this episode made my stomach and head hurt and I only guess what next week will do to me. lol

I also want to say I didn't like the idea of Penny quitting TCF without discussing it with Leonard.  However, after seeing this episode, I can understand how her state of mind would lead her to that.  Leonard can sit back and analyze the whole situation, but that's not Penny's way.   She's not one to analyze things and doesn't hesitate in doing what she thinks needs to be done(that it's not always correct, and she doesn't think it over is one of her weaknesses).   But her apparent feelings and how she feels about the whole situation makes her quitting, because she believes that is the course she needs to follow, authentic. 

This episode was so true to the characters as has been presented in the past. Penny does NOT analyze things, she just "does". She has chastised Leonard in the past for "overthinking" things. Leonard can't help but thinking everything through (often to correct some Penny mess).

Her actions in this episode and the next are pure Penny.

• Like 2

Leonard was Sheldon-level callous following her NCIS disappointment, talk about kicking a person while they're down. I don't care if he was being "honest" or "realistic", he has no clue what the future holds and should have given her credit for the success she has had. She's not deluded enough to think she's going to be an award-winning star, I think she just wanted some reassurance that it could happen, rather than pessimism. I really hope we can see him proven wrong, and I'm now especially glad she didn't wait to get his permission to quit TCF. He doesn't believe in her and shouldn't be given in a say in her career because of that. She knows the odds, but there's still hope. Her being a huge success is still a possibility, though a minute one. Much like Leonard's hope of winning a Nobel Prize in a field that by his own admission has had few discoveries since the 1930s.  It's important to have dreams. 

there was no ring, she staggered to the ground and was holding a glass of wine. I'll give you it was no worse than Leonard's proposals but miles ahead it wasn't.

Who cares if it wasn't the whole nine yards? Should he really refuse to say because it's not his fairytale proposal? He was furious when she said no to his, and he later admitted that he was a fool for not saying yes. As for the drinking, she was far too coherent to be drunk from what we've seen. She'd had a few too many drinks to drive but she was definitely thinking straight. Her balance was fine, she was slouching more than staggering over. So he wouldn't have been taking advantage if he had actually had the courage to say yes.  

This episode was so true to the characters as has been presented in the past. Penny does NOT analyze things, she just "does". She has chastised Leonard in the past for "overthinking" things. Leonard can't help but thinking everything through (often to correct some Penny mess).

Her actions in this episode and the next are pure Penny.

He almost never "corrects Penny's mess" and makes just as many if not more of his own by overthinking things. Intuition is a lot more valuable than analysis for most life situations. 

Edited by DaisyJane

I want to add that first, Penny should know that there many reasons for cutting a scene from a show, and that they have nothing to do with the quality of an extra's work. Second if Penny thought that three lines on NCIS was going to be her big break... well she was just fooling herself, at best it would be a nice bit for her resume. To bad Leonard didn't point out that people end up on the cutting room floor all the time, and can still make it big. Kevin Cosner was cut out of 'The Big Chill' and went on to win an Oscar. That would have made Penny feel better, and they could have had a conversation about her career later (if needed).

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1