Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

If you dislike Penny so much, why even bother posting in a thread that is supposed to celebrate the couple? Why not complain about her in the Show section of the forum where others complain about things?

Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.

• Like 3

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

As much as I don't mind them acting like they're an old married couple, that's not exactly what I really want to see on a TV show - especially a comedy.  I'm grateful that they seem to be in a comfortable place but again it just feels like they have become a bit predictable.  Marriage proposals, drinking problems, insecurities ... and repeat...

It just doesn't feel right..

ETA:  SRAM, I think I just basically said the same thing you did above...

Excitement AND joy. And happiness. And less Sheldon, though I may as well wish for dollars to rain from the skies and World Peace. But yes, if I want to see a grumpy old married couple banter unhappily with each other I'll look up from my iPad and snark with my wife. LOL. These guys were different at the outset, why can't they be different now?

And I'm going on the evidence, I think, citing what they are showing us, not what we have to imagine. But still, there are more eps to come.

• Like 3

Sort of related question. Is this a safe zone for Lenny shippers or is it a free for all.
Also what happened to the Shenny safe thread, Can't find it. Used to give me a belly laugh or three.

Sorry, this is my post not Nogravitas.

Edited by Tripper
Fixed quote

Sort of related question. Is this a safe zone for Lenny shippers or is it a free for all.

Also what happened to the Shenny safe thread, Can't find it. Used to give me a belly laugh or three.

Sorry, this is my post not Nogravitas.

Supposedly it is, but the occasional Shamy will pop in. Seems most grief these days is given by fellow Lennys.

The Shenny have moved to a different site, I have been invited there by PM.

But I'm stayin     :diablo:

• Like 1

Remember this is a ship zone for Leonard & Penny, so it's for people who like L&P. If you're fundamentally not a fan of Leonard & Penny, this is not the thread for you. Critical thoughts about Leonard or Penny are okay if they're coming from the point of view of an L&P fan, but mainly this should be a place to show your support for the ship.

• Like 3

As far as the L/P interaction in the new episode, I agree with FileXxX. They were just cute and comfortable together. So in sync when they got up at the vet's to go eat, then sit down fast and back up when Raj comes back in.

I don't get some of the negative comments here. Next episode we get team Lenny basically nesting. Why else get a dining table?

• Like 3

Thanks so much, Tensor.  Was having a discussion with someone and I said it was 150th even though it was taped before the JEJ one.

For future reference, assuming the show stays with 24 episodes per year, 9.17 will be the 200th. Sometime around the middle of March, 2016.

Edited by Tensor

As far as the L/P interaction in the new episode, I agree with FileXxX. They were just cute and comfortable together. So in sync when they got up at the vet's to go eat, then sit down fast and back up when Raj comes back in.

You know right.  If that is what the writers want to do to them now, why can't they have them get married then they can act like that all the time.  I mean they can still have the same conflict the writers seem to need for laughs, but they can be married.  What will really change, except they will live together.

• Like 1

You know right.  If that is what the writers want to do to them now, why can't they have them get married then they can act like that all the time.  I mean they can still have the same conflict the writers seem to need for laughs, but they can be married.  What will really change, except they will live together.

Because that is probably the problem in a nut shell. The writers have no idea how they are going to handle them living together and keeping both apartments and Sheldon in the middle of them as his "parents". 

• Like 1

I don't get some of the negative comments here. Next episode we get team Lenny basically nesting. Why else get a dining table?

I guess it comes down to preference. Its a real thing that has been remarked on by at least three observers independently. Some subtle signal that registers at some level. Probably hard to define, but there seems to be less of something to me. Or maybe three of us are imagining it.  I don't think its in the scripts but perhaps more in the performance.  I hope whatever it is gets picked up the the director and he says less of that something and more of this something. But he has been there so long maybe he doesn't see it, and likewise the producers don't see it and the editor's don't see it. Hmmm. Sounds like the paranormal. Or a response to art.   It seemed to be there when the box came out this year. And they are certainly written as committed. LOL.

But I reiterate there is time for them to find it because I damn well want it back.

• Like 2

The writers rigjt now are showing how solid Lenny are, they are adding depth to their relationship. They are preparing the viewers for a more domesticated Lenny. Not sure where all the stress is coming from, they are in a really good place right now, they are not going to get engaged yet as Penny wants to better herself, so they are not getting married, or living togethet anytime soon. So complaining about the lack of prigression, or they ate stalling at this point is pointless. Not to mention theyy only had 5 mins thiz week with their story arch, Penny only juzt quit tccf, so they are going to take some time working out a plot for the next stage of her acting career. So every week complaining about the same reptitive jokes, like Pennys so called drinking problem, which for the record i do not beleive she has one. Other then getting drunk over her career, since S5 its been more refined. I think it showed they are really solid, and in a state of homeostasis.

People forget theyve been friends, had other relationships, and been on and off with each other for six years. So they are them selfs around each other. Sure the living arrangements are an issue, but nothings changing in a while, and i dont think the writers think that far ahead. And your not serious about them getting married becsuse they may as well because thats the type of comedy they are doing with lenny right now lol. In a 22 min show with seven characters to write for, with main plots and sub plots (lenny were the subplot this week), they cant possibly get Lenny married, Penny wins 10 oscars, Leonard wins a noble prize, and Lenny live happily ever after all in seven mins haha. Apart from the fact tbbt has never been the type of show to have massive changes or cliffhangers weekly, it has always been slow, meticlous changes. So ppl saying lenny may break up and bring priya or alex back haha, dont really have anything to base it on, its just speculation. I kno its frustrating, even with the same repetitive jokes, but its a winning formula for the writers. I have a feeling Raj wnd his new gf well take centrr stahe, then lenny in the end of s7, maybe moving in together, only way Sheldon would stop being the third wheel is if Leonard moves in with Penny, and Amy with Sheldon. But Shamy are no where that point in their relationship.

Edited by 3ku11

ajond, the Shenny thread is in the Show section of the forum. It's on the second page of the thread list.

What remains of the Shenny faithful has retreated to a protected fortress, ShennyHQ. The threads on the two major forums are all but abandoned and even "Paradox" gets few hits and little attention from the moderator who puts up new topics days or weeks late, if at all.

Only the hardcore seemed to have survived season 6 and they were severely rocked by the "Sheldon Initiated Kiss".

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4

Hey we are the original ship so we have to try harder to retain our number one status.  If that requires more bitching and whinning then so be it.

Honestly, if we all sat back and told ourselves everything is okay, don't worry, be happy, there wouldn't be much to write about in this forum about.

• Like 5

Hey we are the original ship so we have to try harder to retain our number one status.  If that requires more bitching and whinning then so be it.

Honestly, if we all sat back and told ourselves everything is okay, don't worry, be happy, there wouldn't be much to write about in this forum about.

Truer words have never been written! :)

• Like 1

What remains of the Shenny faithful has retreated to a protected fortress, ShennyHQ. The threads on the two major forums are all but abandoned and even "Paradox" gets few hits and little attention from the moderator who puts up new topics days or weeks late, if at all.

Only the hardcore seemed to have survived season 6 and they were severely rocked by the "Sheldon Initiated Kiss".

It's not just the Shennys who have left. It's also Nostalgics and Sheldon purists who don't recognize the show anymore.  It's been made very clear they're not welcome here. :warning:

I agree, and just because some of us talk about things that aren't positive doesn't mean we don't love our OTP. Sometimes it's just about wanting something better for them.  

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 3

I somewhat agree with you guys. I thought Lenny were really sweet and in-sync in the last episode as shown by how they were ready to ditch Raj together for Thai food and were so comfortable around each other. However, I miss the sexual tension we got in the earlier seasons cause that Lenny was kind of hot --- tequila kiss, anyone??? Actually I also thought 7x04 Lenny was pretty awesome, disregarding the scenes with Leonard's mother. I know now it's unrealistic for them to have that level of sexual tension given that they are in a committed relationship but still I want to see that aspect of their relationship explored in the future.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 4

I somewhat agree with you guys. I thought Lenny were really sweet and in-sync in the last episode as shown by how they were ready to ditch Raj together for Thai food and were so comfortable around each other. However, I miss the sexual tension we got in the earlier seasons cause that Lenny was kind of hot --- tequila kiss, anyone??? Actually I also thought 7x04 Lenny was pretty awesome, disregarding the scenes with Leonard's mother. I know now it's unrealistic for them to have that level of sexual tension given that they are in a committed relationship but still I want to see that aspect of their relationship explored in the future.

You know we got a little of that this season with the episode about Leonard's mother's book, but yeah, I miss that too.  The Valentine episode did show them comfortable with each other, but maybe a little too comfortable, there wasn't much romantic spark for a Valentines day.