The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I agree that I would like to see them really move forward with the L/P relationship.  However, I suspect that they will begin to develop this potential romantic relationship for Raj.  I could be wrong, but it seems like they may be heading in that way.  It would allow them to hold out on Lenny for awhile longer. 

I'm still holding out hope for a formal marriage proposal by Penny before season seven comes to a close. With Leonard saying YES this time! :)

• Like 3

I am glad that they might do something with Raj. Given the nature of the character, they have a lot of ways they can go.

I do think that a formal, accepted proposal from Penny to Leonard by season's end can open up narrarive possibilities. Sheldon's questions about whne are they getting married, and where are the three of them going to live sort of highlights the things they can have fun with. First, getting engaged doesn't immediately change anything. Second, we can have Sheldon going off about the future. How is he going to deal with his spot? The SIK certainly opened some interesting doors there.

With regard to our favorite couple, a successful proposal gives new direction and opportunities. We still have tenure in the background, and whatever will come out of the Hawking expedition. Penny and her new career emphasis. Lots of things that are actually best handled in the context of a successful proposal.

• Like 5

You know if they sign for three more years, a proposal at the end of the season would work out.  They could be engaged and planning their wedding for season 8, then have their wedding in the first half of season 9, during the sweeps.  They would be married the rest of season 9 and by early season 10, TPTB would know if the show was going to go on or not by the beginning of season 10.  If it was to end in 10 seasons, then Penny could get pregnant in early season 10 and have the babies during the last couple of episodes to finish off with the 'Smart and Beautiful Babies'.  If the show is still running good then they can just continue a few more seasons with Leonard and Penny just married and wait for babies.  They could keep Raj unmarried throught season 10 so if the show runs longer they can still have one of them to mess with romantically.  Shamy the can get married in season 10 or if the show goes on longer, marry them in 11 or 12. 

Bottom line is getting Leonard and Penny engaged the end of this season would work okay for the show.

• Like 7

Yawn. Hardly any discussion at all. Boring is the new sexy.

That is what happens when the writers stall your ship.

• Like 2

That is what happens when the writers stall your ship.

Yup.

Disgusted, on 27 Aug 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:snapback.png

Amy will break up with Sheldon, but he won't realize it.

Leonard will break up with Sheldon for at least a couple episodes.

We meet Sheldon's Meemaw.

Sheldon will request kissing lessons from Penny, so he gets it right with Amy

Penny quits the cheesecake factory.

William Shatner will quest star.

Professor Proton will go to that large hadron collider in the sky.

Leonard and Penny will be in exactly the same place most of the season, with a cliffhanger breakup threat at the end. [Priya/Alex/???]

I got several already, the last one is looking good so far.

Edited by Disgusted

Congrats on 1K posts, Little D.

I'll take that as a compliment, little B.

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 1

Disgusted, on 27 Aug 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Leonard and Penny will be in exactly the same place most of the season, with a cliffhanger breakup threat at the end. [Priya/Alex/???]

Priya coming back, after finally getting sick of her cheating boyfriend, to get the good guy, Leonard, would be great.  Priya never had any respect for Penny so I could see her ignore Penny, to get Leonard back.  Penny would have to fight for Leonard and it would be fun to see the girls screaming at each other over Leonard.  Leonard of course would stay with Penny.

• Like 2

Disgusted, on 27 Aug 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Priya coming back, after finally getting sick of her cheating boyfriend, to get the good guy, Leonard, would be great.  Priya never had any respect for Penny so I could see her ignore Penny, to get Leonard back.  Penny would have to fight for Leonard and it would be fun to see the girls screaming at each other over Leonard.  Leonard of course would stay with Penny.

Um, Leonard was her cheating boyfriend. Does the name Alice ring a bell? She is also a cheater. 

There'd be no humor in seeing them fight over each other. Even Priya is smart enough to know she wouldn't stand a chance, she was always threatened by Penny. 

I take it (from the lack of activity) that there's no taping tonight.

Tomorrow, apparently, due to the US holiday Monday

Um, Leonard was her cheating boyfriend. Does the name Alice ring a bell? She is also a cheater. 

There'd be no humor in seeing them fight over each other. Even Priya is smart enough to know she wouldn't stand a chance, she was always threatened by Penny. 

At least he wasn't sleeping with her sister at the same time he was sleeping with her...

Leonard, being morally conflicted and seeking advice in how to deal with the situation and going no further than two makeout sessions, to me, is not anywhere near as bad as Penny sleeping with her boyfriend and his brother.

• Like 1

Congrats on 1K posts, Little D.

I'll take that as a compliment, little B..

Does that mean we can call the two of you Db?

Hamerman55 you said that so well and it really makes sense when you compare it to what happened in the show.

I've always been a little miffed at the Leonard cheated on Priya with Alice thing. There are some assumptions that weren't obvious to me. Mainly, were Leonard and Priya exclusive? Apparently Priya didn't think so. Did they have an open and honest relationship that would presume this. Apparently not, as Priya had the return to India all set up with no plan to return. Leonard only found out by accident, and she tried to cover it up. Was Leonard ever a serious boyfriend to her. Absolutely not, as she made it clear that not only had she not told her parents about him, with whom she Skyped regularly. Further, she made it clear that the possibility that Sheldon would rat her out to them was a relationship breaking offense. As his "lawyer" in the Relationship Agreement dispute, she threw him under the bus rather than acknowledge his presence in his life. His butting in on her Skype session with her parents when he found out about her return to India was well-established as a breakup offense. Priya did everything possible to make sure that Leonard knew he was not a serious part of her life, and never would be. Raj even told him that she was in contact with her old boyfriend in India prior to her return.

Any guy with much experience would have understood that no presumption of exclusivity existed, and if they had agreed to be exclusive, then he should understood that to be bs. Clearly, Priya had no intention of being exclusive, making him a serious part of his life or even planning to ever see him again. Her resumption of her relationship with her old boyfriend immediately upon returning to India is consistent not only with her understanding of the relationship, but with her deceitful nature. Clearly she enjoyed Leonard, but he was never going to be a long-term or serious part of her life. Leonard was a fool to presume exclusivity, and I doubt he had the self-confidence to demand it. Further, even if she had agreed, Priya had no intention of being exclusive. She was already effectively cheating on him with Sanjay.

The whole arc of Leonard and Priya having a long distance relationship was an artifice to delay the beginning of Leonard and Penny 2.0. Was Leonard planning to visit Priya ever? No, and he wouldn't have been welcome. Priya, her parents and Raj would have made that clear. Was Priya ever planning to return to see Leonard? No. She probably would return for business, but not specifically to be with Leonard. Leonard was fooling himself to think there was any relationship there, and Priya enjoyed the attention. The only thing that this pointed out was that Leonard had no self-confidence, as he should have dumped her. He'd rather hold on to a relationship that was dead than to move on. He was a fool.

The presumption of exclusivity only was introduced or mentioned with respect to the Alice episode, and then to make sure that a truly viable relationship that didn't involve Penny blew up, and to finish putting the nails in the coffin of his relationship with Priya. Note that Priya didn't break up with Leonard when he confessed his "infidelity", she simply informed him that she had resumed her relationship with Sanjay and having sex with him as often as she could. I expect she would have gladly continued Skyping with Leonard as it clearly didn't cramp her style to have Skype-sex sessions with Leonard while having real sex with Sanjay. Priya trying to keep Leonard away from Penny was a pure power thing. She liked pulling his strings and proving she controlled him. The only things that the Priya arc demostrated were that Leonard needs to be with someone with enough integrity to be honest and faithful to him when clearly it would be easy to string im along, and to prove that he was desireable on some level to a beautiful, sophisticated girl. Plus it tweaked Raj no end and that part was really funny.

As his relationship with Priya stood, Leonard could have had wild monkey sex with Alice and felt no guilt, as the "relationship" with Priya didn't exist. He was never going to see her again.

As right as you are about all the above it still doesn't excuse Leonard's behavior. His "infidelity" while not like Priya's still is infidelity. If Leonard cheated once and Priya cheated ten times does that make Leonard less of a "cheater"? Priya mentioned she cheated one time with Sanjay. While it's debatable if that was true and theoretically she should have told Leonard right after it happened both of them were wrong. Leonard with Alice should of never gotten to the point that it did. Obviously Leonard was naïve involving his relationship with Priya but stupidity isn't an excuse. The writing on the wall was when Sheldon threatened to contact Priya's parents unless Leonard agreed to the new roommate agreement. Sheldon Cooper knew it was over between Leonard/Priya  before Leonard did. A better question is where was Penny during all this? She claimed to Raj she screwed up breaking up with Leonard. She obviously must of known it was obviously over between Leonard and Priya but Penny made no effort to get Leonard back. They didn't get back together until Leonard asked Penny out later in Season 5.

Edited by Chrismo

Leonard is still responsible for his own infidelity, saying it was no big deal because Penny went furthur with the guy she cheated on in high school isn't very logical. He had no idea that Priya saw them as non-exclusive. I was just refuting the idea that Priya would ever want Leonard back for the reasons SRAM suggested. In retrospect, they were basically a fling. I doubt they'be given the other much thought in the years since they broke up.

Edited by DaisyJane