The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I wonder that too, will we get 10 seconds at the end where they are all good again to appease us. This reminds me of the Thanksgiving episode, Penny gets all obsessive of the Ape movie and talks constantly about it, like Howard did about space, then when she puts Leonard on the spot on her doing it, he gives her the best answer he can, but she still gets mad at him. The poor guy can't win ever, he is the show punching bag. This isn't the first time she has done this in the season and it is one of the reasons I believe Lenny was handled very badly this season.

I think you are looking for a conflict that really doesn't exist here. She ends up texting him later. It seems like I said earlier he has a good time with Amy. Again IMO the actual show will be different than the taping report. The problem is there are four shows taped and two more to go after that. That's 25% percent of the season. Your opinion may change by the end.

I think you are looking for a conflict that really doesn't exist here. She ends up texting him later. It seems like I said earlier he has a good time with Amy. Again IMO the actual show will be different than the taping report. The problem is there are four shows taped and two more to go after that. That's 25% percent of the season. Your opinion may change by the end.

I didn't see anything in the taping report about Penny texting Leonard later, did you go to the taping?

I didn't see anything in the taping report about Penny texting Leonard later, did you go to the taping?

No. It's in scene 14 in the Season 7 taping report.

I'm not reading reports but if Penny bought something with Leonard's money for Leonard then they have a joint account! That is what happens when you are sharing unconditionally. And my wife bought me this damn iPad, from the joint account, because I was too parsimonious to spend the money on myself so it's fine that Penny do something similar. Leonard would probably go without otherwise.

I'm sort of enjoying the ambiguity of not reading, and going off the reactions it's still not actively bad -just not centre stage.

But I insist that we have the right to hyperventilate @martinpollard. You have a choice too about how to respond to it. :)

I'm not reading reports but if Penny bought something with Leonard's money for Leonard then they have a joint account! That is what happens when you are sharing unconditionally. And my wife bought me this damn iPad, from the joint account, because I was too parsimonious to spend the money on myself so it's fine that Penny do something similar. Leonard would probably go without otherwise.

I'm sort of enjoying the ambiguity of not reading, and going off the reactions it's still not actively bad -just not centre stage.

But I insist that we have the right to hyperventilate @martinpollard. You have a choice too about how to respond to it. :)

Bernie said Penny took money from Leonard's wallet to buy him a watch.

Just like I have a choice as to how to respond to someone who unnecessarily pokes the hornet's nest with a sharp stick? Stay classy, dude.

There hyperventilating on the other thread too. IMO things aren't probably as bad here but not as good as some think on the other thread.

She took cash out of his wallet, which is rather unfortunate a reflection on her. But he did get rather pissy at Valentine's Day when she didn't spend as much money on him, so perhaps she was in a bind. Not impressed with this episode overall, and it further demonstrated how miserable a character Bernadette has become. All that money she brags about making yet she still can't afford class. 

• Like 2

She took cash out of his wallet, which is rather unfortunate a reflection on her. But he did get rather pissy at Valentine's Day when she didn't spend as much money on him, so perhaps she was in a bind. Not impressed with this episode overall, and it further demonstrated how miserable a character Bernadette has become. All that money she brags about making yet she still can't afford class.

Penny ratted out Bernadette so it's hard to complain about her too much. Bernadette's job really hasn't been discussed in a while. Not sure it has anything to do with the episode. Obviously Bernadette and Amy wanted to avoid Penny and Sheldon because Penny's talking about the Ape movie and Sheldon his career. It's obvious they were correct because Leonard doesn't back up Penny.

1.) Bernie threw the money she makes in science in the other's faces in the mommy observation.

2.) Bernie said that to Leonard for no other reason than to be vindictive.

My question is why would the writers throw that even in the episode? According to the tapping report they never showed Lenny together for the rest of the episode. Will it be brought up by Leonard in a subsequent episode? If so, will Penny get totally pissed off at Bernie and deservedly so? Right now it just shows a very mean spirited Bernie. They have shown her mean streak, maybe this is simply another example and nothing more.

When's Leonard's birthday? Will there be a blow up at his birthday party. Ruining it because of Bernie?

Just like I have a choice as to how to respond to someone who unnecessarily pokes the hornet's nest with a sharp stick? Stay classy, dude.

touche, but i cant get accent right. :)

I think bernie was pissed off with penny for grassing her up to Howard so she retaliated by telling Leonard about the watch. Personally I don't blame bernie. She was angry at penny betrayal.

Send from my Galaxy Note3 using Tapatalk

Penny ratted out Bernadette so it's hard to complain about her too much. Bernadette's job really hasn't been discussed in a while. Not sure it has anything to do with the episode. Obviously Bernadette and Amy wanted to avoid Penny and Sheldon because Penny's talking about the Ape movie and Sheldon his career. It's obvious they were correct because Leonard doesn't back up Penny.

This is all IMHO.  I don't see that when Penny asked Leonard if Bernadette was right, she was talking too much about the ape movie, Leonard should have lied to her, because that is not backing her up, that is not the definition of backing her up to me.  Because then using that rationale, the guys and Bernie should have lied to Howard when he was talking too much about his space trip.  Leonard seemed to me to be in a no win situation, a place the writers put that character in all the time, he was screwed anyway you look at it, because all he says is he loves her and she gets mad.  So what does his loving girlfriend do, she takes Sheldon and runs off, because they are both whining about their situations, so Sheldon understands her.  However, since she sent a text to him later telling him where she ran off, her actions are okay.  This is one of those episodes that I think watching is not going to make it better the whole plot is off, so I just hope it is funny, so we can get some enjoyment out of it.

I think bernie was pissed off with penny for grassing her up to Howard so she retaliated by telling Leonard about the watch. Personally I don't blame bernie. She was angry at penny betrayal.

I so agree, Penny was acting like a child and Bernadette acted in kind.

• Like 1

Don't see how telling someone's boyfriend that his girlfriend just took money out of his wallet to buy him a birthday gift is at the same level of some saying they are still at work so they could have a quiet dinner with a female friend? I'm sure it's just me.

Maybe that was the only come back she had. She steals his food, WIFI now money. Lol remember a couple of episodes ago when bernie called her out for buying an expensive dress but couldn't pay her share for the drinks. Bad penny :)

Maybe that was the only come back she had. She steals his food, WIFI now money. Lol remember a couple of episodes ago when bernie called her out for buying an expensive dress but couldn't pay her share for the drinks. Bad penny :)

Please give me one example where Penny stole L/S food, WIFI or anything else. Leonard willingly paid for her food and he helped her use the WIFI. Even when she BORROWED money from Sheldon she paid him back and was upset about it until she did. As for the dress, she purchased it for interviews. Funny how Bernie is always saying how much more money she has yet is upset about a cheap luncheon bill to the point of bringing up the dress. Bernie is the bad one if there really is a bad one, which there isn't.

• Like 1

Please give me one example where Penny stole L/S food, WIFI or anything else. Leonard willingly paid for her food and he helped her use the WIFI. Even when she BORROWED money from Sheldon she paid him back and was upset about it until she did. As for the dress, she purchased it for interviews. Funny how Bernie is always saying how much more money she has yet is upset about a cheap luncheon bill to the point of bringing up the dress. Bernie is the bad one if there really is a bad one, which there isn't.

I was just joking about the stealing stuff, pulling a Sheldon. Bernie does have a dark side but I was just having a bit of benter. Sorry if you took my comments seriously. Wasn't the intend.

I was just joking about the stealing stuff, pulling a Sheldon. Bernie does have a dark side but I was just having a bit of benter. Sorry if you took my comments seriously. Wasn't the intend.

No problem! Everything is copasetic! :) I'm still hoping they didn't throw that in for a specific reason. In any event Bernie just ruined Penny's gift at a time when she is strapped for funds. Whether Leonard says anything or not. 

Wow, they've certainly put the brakes on the LP relationship it seems to have ground to a halt.

No problem! Everything is copasetic! :) I'm still hoping they didn't throw that in for a specific reason. In any event Bernie just ruined Penny's gift at a time when she is strapped for funds. Whether Leonard says anything or not.

Cool :) probably just a throw away line that wouldn't get brought up ever again knowing the tptb. Leonard will maybe bring it up in a later episode as a joke and penny will just roll her eyes. Really hope they do tho.

Leonard knows that Bernie was just getting even with Penny. Not seeing a big deal here and odds are it will never be brought up again. Since the next episode appears to be a big Lenny episode them not being together really doesn't bother me.This episode seems almost like a "Friends" episode with the unconventional grouping of Leonard, Amy and Bernie.
  • Like 1

Wow, they've certainly put the brakes on the LP relationship it seems to have ground to a halt.

Why? They are in a good place, have cute little scenes together and there are 2 episodes after "The Proton Transmogrification". Enough space for some development. I don't believe that the Proton episode is "the finale for Lenny"... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, especially since we know nothing about these 2 episodes..

Agreed. When I was younger I'd have to pay a friend's way all the time and I never brought it up, because I understood that she was in a tight spot. Either do it gladly or not at all, because bitching about only reveals how low class she is, regardless of her high SES.

• Like 2

OF the scientists, Bernie is the one interested in commerce. The others don't keep count at all. Sheldon loans without question and Howie and Rajesh bought a 3D printer. Amy hasn't expressed a preference. BUT, Leonard shares everything with Penny.

• Like 2

Leonard also knows how Bernie is. She will lie to him about Penny if it suits her purpose. In "The Scanvenger Vortex" she told him that Penny thought he was a wimp, or something like that. The work she does is highly questionable from an ethical standpoint, as well. Clearly Bernie has no scruples. She and Howard are well-matched. Leonard probably couldn't care less about the money at this point.

One thought I had about understanding Lenny vs. the other relationships is that Penny is the only non-scientist, and is involved professionally in a field that requires a very different temperament. Amy fundamentally understands Sheldon from the get go, as does Bernadette with Howard. They all have advanced degrees from top schools, and work at one of the leading places to do that work. Leonard and Penny have a lot more adjusting and learning about each otherthan the other couples do. Penny will have a very artistic temperament, while Leonard will be calmer and steady as a scientist. Penny should be a bit less controlled and more of a risk taker than any of the others. It makes sense that even in the good times, Lenny will be more volatile because of their differences. That there will be these blow ups and make ups is something I would expect with this combination. Leonard was raised by scientists, and didn't like it. The others were raised more or less blue collar, so Leonard is the odd man out too. At this point, pairing Leonard and Penny is matching up a person who doesn't fit because of career with some one that deosn't fit because of background. Leonard doesn't like his mother much, while all the other scientists did. Lots so parallels like that. Lenny will be more exciting, while the others will be more placid.

• Like 4