The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I don't remember the lot of money part but I will take your word for it. Though that kind of goes against the season 3 finale when she said that Because of Leonard she could not date dumb guys. Dumb and rich don't usually go together. Dave Underhill is who you are referring to. That was really no more than a one night stand because of Penny finding out he was married. now that I believe was an actual fling.

I mentioned David to prove that she would be considered a catch to men more surface-level appealing than Leonard, contrary to SRAM's idea of "she's a charity case who is only great in Leonard's mind".  

I mentioned David to prove that she would be considered a catch to men more surface-level appealing than Leonard, contrary to SRAM's idea of "she's a charity case who is only great in Leonard's mind".

I don't think SRAM ever called her a charity case. He has even pointed out that he likes more than just her looks. The thing is Dave Underhill was early season 2 over 5 years ago. The only guys since besides Leonard is Zack.and Stuart unless you wanna count Raj. The whole premise the first three seasons was that Penny was the catch and Leonard would be lucky to have her. I wouldn't call it a total turn around but things have turned more in Leonard's direction. In regards to Alex when Amy and Penny went to the university and saw Alex talking to Leonard she seemed concerned. She even quizzed him about his day later that night. Leonard's work had never been a discussion before that. after Alex came back to the apartment with Sheldon she dragged Leonard to her bedroom. Penny's only other visit before that was with Dave. Penny still is very beautiful but in her present employment situation IMO she not quite the catch she once was. Edited by Chrismo

I believe employment status counts least. Not sure its an issue. The thing is, is she worthy of a lifetimes dedication. Leonard thinks yes,

For Leonard it's no issue. For some on this forum definitely. Edited by Chrismo

For Leonard it's no issue. For some on this forum definitely.

I should have said "in the long run". Short run yes, its a concern and about self-worth and getting on in the world. Whether she needs to be so insecure she can't grab him now and still work on the other later is arguable. Priorities are important and life is short. Jobs come and go, vocations stay with you longer, but a good companion will be with you to the grave. Your employer maybe won't care so much. LOL. :)

• Like 2

I don't think SRAM ever called her a charity case. He has even pointed out that he likes more than just her looks. The thing is Dave Underhill was early season 2 over 5 years ago. The only guys since besides Leonard is Zack.and Stuart unless you wanna count Raj. The whole premise the first three seasons was that Penny was the catch and Leonard would be lucky to have her. I wouldn't call it a total turn around but things have turned more in Leonard's direction. In regards to Alex when Amy and Penny went to the university and saw Alex talking to Leonard she seemed concerned. She even quizzed him about his day later that night. Leonard's work had never been a discussion before that. after Alex came back to the apartment with Sheldon she dragged Leonard to her bedroom. Penny's only other visit before that was with Dave. Penny still is very beautiful but in her present employment situation IMO she not quite the catch she once was.

Saying she is only special in Leonard's mind is essentially calling her a charity case.

Penny quit her job on her own terms to focus on her own goals, in no way would that make her less of a "catch", especially considering how little you thought of her previous job as a waitress. The only one on the forum who seems to think otherwise is you, as you seem to emphasize that far more in every single one of your posts than the show ever has. In the episode where Leonard got noticed by Alex (who is no more impressive than Zack, Stuart, or Raj) he mentioned that part of why he enjoyed it is because Penny gets attention "everywhere they go" by guys who are taller and likely better looking than him. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 1

Saying she is only special in Leonard's mind is essentially calling her a charity case.

That's quite perceptive, have a "like".

Penny quit her job on her own terms to focus on her own goals, in no way would that make her less of a "catch", especially considering how little you thought of her previous job as a waitress. The only one on the forum who seems to think otherwise is you, as you seem to emphasize that far more in every single one of your posts than the show ever has. In the episode where Leonard got noticed by Alex (who is no more impressive than Zack, Stuart, or Raj) he mentioned that part of why he enjoyed it is because Penny gets attention "everywhere they go" by guys who are taller and likely better looking than him.

Every one of my posts? The thing is Penny never thought much of her job as a waitress. The problem is that and this episode showed she's sort of back at the point where she first moved to California. The first serial apeist movie was at least 7 years ago. Penny as @tensor pointed out mentioned it would be nice for once to go out with someone that is nice and honest, and who cares about me. It seems Leonard fits that description. Since the end of season 1 has anyone else fit that description? Not that I remember. So putting that all together Leonard is the only one that has considered her special. All the other guys seemed to like her for other reasons.

Penny as @tensor pointed out mentioned it would be nice for once to go out with someone that is nice and honest, and who cares about me. It seems Leonard fits that description. Since the end of season 1 has anyone else fit that description? Not that I remember. So putting that all together Leonard is the only one that has considered her special. All the other guys seemed to like her for other reasons.

Actually, Zack fits that description.  His problem was simply how ignorant and foolish he was.  Stuart also fit that description, but Penny's heart was elsewhere by then.

Actually, Zack fits that description.  His problem was simply how ignorant and foolish he was.  Stuart also fit that description, but Penny's heart was elsewhere by then.

I'm not sure about the care about part with Zack. Stuart it seems would go out with anyone who was willing (Amy).I think most of the other guys with Penny really just wanted to sleep with her. Leonard actually made the effort to get to know her.
  • Like 1

Just curious what is up with this "Then he says that he's glad his and penny's relationship is based on honestly. And the girls laugh and he says what? Bernie: "oh we know you don't lie to HER"

I'm not sure about the care about part with Zack. Stuart it seems would go out with anyone who was willing (Amy).I think most of the other guys with Penny really just wanted to sleep with her. Leonard actually made the effort to get to know her.

Considering the needlessly persistant fashion in which Alex pursued a guy she knew was unavailable, it could easily be argued that she was just as desperate as Stuart or Raj.

Edited by DaisyJane

Just curious what is up with this "Then he says that he's glad his and penny's relationship is based on honestly. And the girls laugh and he says what? Bernie: "oh we know you don't lie to HER"

I caught that too. Does that mean she has lied to him. Does Penny have more serious secrets we don't know about that are worse than her being married to Zack, or was that another throw away line, just for a laugh.

I caught that too. Does that mean she has lied to him. Does Penny have more serious secrets we don't know about that are worse than her being married to Zack, or was that another throw away line, just for a laugh.

I took it as meaning that while Leonard has no problem lying to the rest of the group, he wouldn't lie to Penny.

• Like 2

Considering the needlessly persistant fashion in which Alex pursued a guy she knew was unavailable, it could easily be argued that she was just as desperate as Stuart or Raj.

Alex though was only on 4 episodes. The first one she was sitting with the group at lunch and the last one she was only with Sheldon. That really leaves only two episodes. I really don't know if in the ILY episode was pursuing. She did say the thing with Cole was probably nothing. The only one that she really pursued Leonard was in his apartment when she asked him to dinner. I don't know if she was really that persistent. This may be just a male perspective but I never understood why she pursued Leonard (probably just a plot line to make Penny insecure).I think she would have no problem getting a guy (Raj wanted to get her out of her pants). It has been ongoing problem with Raj and Stuart getting a girl.

I took it as meaning that while Leonard has no problem lying to the rest of the group, he wouldn't lie to Penny.

I took it more like @SRAM that Penny lies to Leonard. But I think it was just a throwaway line.

I was hoping that when the girls said that line the writers were simply setting up Bernie telling Leonard that Penny took the money from his wallet to purchase his birthday present.

• Like 2

Regarding the last episode, I have a small niggle that when Penny enters it would be natural to kiss Leonard hello. Then I thought maybe it's because the staging would be awkward, as she would have to stoop and it might interrupt the flow of the scene. Then I thought maybe kissing has been reserved for one other couple. Then I thought maybe the moral majority is winning. Then they put Penny in a bikini. Now for Leonard in Speedos.

(I can't talk about the lying thing, but I think it will make sense later when the episode runs)

Bernadette also could be referring to Leonard tricking Penny into having sex with him because of Penny buying Leonard's mothers book.

I was hoping that when the girls said that line the writers were simply setting up Bernie telling Leonard that Penny took the money from his wallet to purchase his birthday present.

You know that is sort of a strange thing to put in the show too. Really the only person that should be able to just take money out of a guys wallet is a wife, not a girlfriend. Are the writers inferring that Penny is now like his wife?

Bernadette also could be referring to Leonard tricking Penny into having sex with him because of Penny buying Leonard's mothers book.

That makes sense, I think you could be right. Bernadette was the one who ratted him out. Edited by SRAM
  • Like 2

I LOL when I saw that it was Vince Gilligan who wrote Serial Ape-ist 2. He seems to have descended from his Breaking Bad glory! 

You know that is sort of a strange thing to put in the show too. Really the only person that should be able to just take money out of a guys wallet is a wife, not a girlfriend. Are the writers inferring that Penny is now like his wife?

That makes sense, I think you could be right. Bernadette was the one who ratted him out.

This is why they don't kiss. They are already acting married. Lol.

• Like 1

Really the only person that should be able to just take money out of a guys wallet is a wife, not a girlfriend. Are the writers inferring that Penny is now like his wife?

Yes.

I could see people taking Penny's lack of interest of asking Leonard if he went out with anyone while dating as no could be a better catch than me.

I know you're not saying this so don't take this as a criticism.

I think it was a commentary on his more introverted nature as well as his loyalty, nothing to do with what a catch she was.

• Like 3

Yes.

I know you're not saying this so don't take this as a criticism.

I think it was a commentary on his more introverted nature as well as his loyalty, nothing to do with what a catch she was.

Well if they are going to suggest their husband and wife, then we need more pillow talk and sitting on the couch with a blanket over them.  Also, some scenes with them sitting in Leonard's chair with her in his lap.

• Like 3

Well if they are going to suggest their husband and wife, then we need more pillow talk and sitting on the couch with a blanket over them.  Also, some scenes with them sitting in Leonard's chair with her in his lap.

You know, it really doesn't matter any more! I just watched the episode at the beginning when we all fell in love with Lenny, and you know, I just don't know what the writers are looking for but it is nothing like what the Lenny is now. I am so disillusioned i know the writers have their agenda but can they just give us a little intimacy that they have shown in the originally episodes? 

• Like 1