The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I am so disillusioned i know the writers have their agenda but can they just give us a little intimacy that they have shown in the originally episodes?

You mean like Leonard with Penny going through the script with her, while they are sitting on the couch together, picking at each other and laughing about it? This is intimacy between them, at least in my book. What exactly do you mean by intimacy?

• Like 3

You mean like Leonard with Penny going through the script with her, while they are sitting on the couch together, picking at each other and laughing about it? This is intimacy between them, at least in my book. What exactly do you mean by intimacy?

Or sitting together while eating, with Penny's hand on Leonard's arm, or Leonard rubbing her arm to try to comfort Penny while talking to Wil?

• Like 1

I miss the pillow talk, the cuddling and the scanty outfits..

... and on the show too. :)

LOL, well, this year, we've had cuddling (The Workplace Proximity) and scanty outfits (The Raiders Minimization, The Indecision Amalgamation). As far as pillow talk, we haven't had them talk to each other in the same bed, under covers, (and not in a dream sequence) since the "I Love You" in season three.

Letting facts get in the way. Damn it. :)

Well, as long as Penny and Leonard don't do the traditional "oops I lost the phone that we took video on that weekend away when we killed a rocking chair", we may never see any more than we already have. We will just have to get our jollies from watching Sheldon. It's sort of a Ludovico thing, really... "keep putting the drops in, doctor.", I say.

Solid, They have transferred the sexual tension on the show from L/P to Shammy. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Edited by Disgusted

Solid, They have transferred the sexual tension on the show from L/P to Shammy. Nothing to see here. Move along.

With the new episode last week and the instagram you have a lot of new possibilities of screensavers. LOL

... and scanty outfits (The Raiders Minimization, The Indecision Amalgamation).

And lets not forget "The Cooper extraction" even if the part where Penny corners Sheldon in the landry room was a fantasy, I for one cannot forget how great Penny looked in it!

@Tensor: Of course I don't know this for sure but maybe what SodidIwin? was referring too was not so much displays of domesticity, of which there have been plenty, but of passion. And while there have been I find myself liking the ones in orevious seasons more. Perhaps I am picking at straws, but I would like their kisses and enbreaces to be more passionate. In any ase i will have a better idea of what I'm talking about when I re-watch teh intire season altogether.

I miss her kissing him on the cheek with a big smile on her face.  It has only been a little over a year since she told him she loves him, they really shouldn't be in such a married couple relationship at this point.  The should still be having fun.  I mean if they were married they would be newlyweds, right? 

I miss her kissing him on the cheek with a big smile on her face.  It has only been a little over a year since she told him she loves him, they really shouldn't be in such a married couple relationship at this point.  The should still be having fun.  I mean if they were married they would be newlyweds, right? 

Well, they say the first year of marriage is always the hardest. 

Leonard and Penny taking care of babies or Sheldon, I don't see the difference. Oh wait, yes I do, babies grow up.

• Like 5

Solid, They have transferred the sexual tension on the show from L/P to Shammy. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Um, no. Not seeing the URST really. But Leonard is a tremendous companion *sob*.

Leonard and Penny taking care of babies or Sheldon, I don't see the difference. Oh wait, yes I do, babies grow up.

Look at it this way, they'll be prepared to handle anything their may future kids throw their way. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 2

It would also be nice for Penny to find out that Leonard stood up to Kurt so she could get her money back, while his so called best friend, the scared cowardly Sheldon, ran away even though he expected Leonard to get beat up.

what of raj and Howard? What about when Sheldon grabbed an active bomb out of Leonard's hands?

what of raj and Howard? What about when Sheldon grabbed an active bomb out of Leonard's hands?

Penny knows about that. She was told in "The Staircase Implementation". AFAIK, no one has told Penny about Leonard going to get her money from Kurt and Kurt writing on Leonard's forehead in indelible ink. Which is why it would be nice for her to find out that Leonard is the one that got her money back.

Rick

• Like 2

Much like Neal "Storm" Cloud in E. E."Doc" Smiths pulp SF classic "The Vortex Blasters", Sheldon took a calculated risk, snatching the flask of fuel from Leonard's hands. He had done the math and knew Leonard didn't have time to go downstairs, but he had a good estimate of when the blast would happen. Leonard vs Kurt was a much less well understood situation, that Leonard knowingly entered into without being as sure of the variables. And pre-mediation must give him some points. Sheldon was reacting to a dangerous situation, Leonard anonymously put himself in harms way on behalf of Penny. :) Similar, but different situations.

• Like 3

Penny knows about that. She was told in "The Staircase Implementation". AFAIK, no one has told Penny about Leonard going to get her money from Kurt and Kurt writing on Leonard's forehead in indelible ink. Which is why it would be nice for her to find out that Leonard is the one that got her money back.Rick

you know what would be nice knowing WTF after Sheldon foamed the board.

you know what would be nice knowing WTF after Sheldon foamed the board.

That was a throw away laugh, one time and never heard about again. In was another instance of Sheldon throwing Raj and Leonard under the bus again, because he implicated them even though they had no idea what he was doing till he did it. The rocket fuel thing was the same way, a one time thing to get a laugh and explain the broken elevator to the viewers. However nothing explains why it has been broken so long and why the fifth floor tenants don't seem to mind.

Leonard getting Penny's money back, was specific part in a episode that that subject was the plot. It was put in there for a deliberate reason to show a comparison. Penny had a problem and Sheldon didn't really help her, he made things worse giving her the money, because of the stress it caused her. Leonard actually was the one who fixed it for her, he helped her cut back and he got HER money back so she could give back Sheldon's money. It surprises me that people don't understand that episode, and think Sheldon helped her giving her the money, when all the scenes afterwards you see her upset about owing Sheldon money.

• Like 4

That was a throw away laugh, one time and never heard about again. In was another instance of Sheldon throwing Raj and Leonard under the bus again, because he implicated them even though they had no idea what he was doing till he did it. The rocket fuel thing was the same way, a one time thing to get a laugh and explain the broken elevator to the viewers. However nothing explains why it has been broken so long and why the fifth floor tenants don't seem to mind.

Leonard getting Penny's money back, was specific part in a episode that that subject was the plot. It was put in there for a deliberate reason to show a comparison. Penny had a problem and Sheldon didn't really help her, he made things worse giving her the money, because of the stress it caused her. Leonard actually was the one who fixed it for her, he helped her cut back and he got HER money back so she could give back Sheldon's money. It surprises me that people don't understand that episode, and think Sheldon helped her giving her the money, when all the scenes afterwards you see her upset about owing Sheldon money.

That was an issue with Penny's pride, understandably so, and doesn't take away from Sheldon's gesture. He did a nice thing, I don't know why half this forum is unwilling to accept that. I actually liked the ending, a lot of times you do a good thing and don't get credit, so to me it was honest and realistic. I see no reason to bring it up all these years later. 

That was an issue with Penny's pride, understandably so, and doesn't take away from Sheldon's gesture. He did a nice thing, I don't know why half this forum is unwilling to accept that. I actually liked the ending, a lot of times you do a good thing and don't get credit, so to me it was honest and realistic. I see no reason to bring it up all these years later.

Was it also her "pride" that she couldn't ask Kurt for the money? At times she needs to get off her high horse. I agree that Sheldon's gesture was a nice one. A lot of people on the Lenny thread thinks he gets in the way of their relationship (car scene at airport) and whatever happens in their relationship he's part of that decision. If Penny was "honest and realistic" she would of given up on acting after NCIS.

It's kind of like the proverb about giving a man a fish verses teaching him how to fish.

Was it also her "pride" that she couldn't ask Kurt for the money? At times she needs to get off her high horse. I agree that Sheldon's gesture was a nice one. A lot of people on the Lenny thread thinks he gets in the way of their relationship (car scene at airport) and whatever happens in their relationship he's part of that decision. If Penny was "honest and realistic" she would of given up on acting after NCIS.

Gotta disagree with your last sentence. Bit parts get cut all the time, I'm sure. She was good enough to win a speaking part on a major program, she's good enough to go further.

Edited by gsxdoug
  • Like 2

If Penny was "honest and realistic" she would of given up on acting after NCIS.

This is just flat out wrong.  Scenes get cut for various reasons (ironically, see the vanity card for that episode).  She got cast and paid for a part in the most viewed non-sports program in the US.  It's even bigger than her commercial.  Why would she quit at the point she actually got a part?

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 3

Not the same thing at all, to get that from my point that you don't get praise for every nice thing you do is a real stretch. As for the money issue, she was understandably embarrassed, so saying she needs to get off her high horse (a phrase applied to those who are self-righteous, not ones who dare to have some pride, though you've made it clear she shouldn't have any because she's a "lazy" waitress at TCF) is pretty extreme. But yes, she should have asked Kurt for the money, though that might not have done much good since they'd apparently already established he'd pay her back. She didn't even seem to realize that was the reason she was broke until Leonard pointed it out. 

Edited by DaisyJane

This is just flat out wrong.  Scenes get cut for various reasons (ironically, see the vanity card for that episode).  She got cast and paid for a part in the most viewed non-sports program in the US.  It's even bigger than her commercial.  Why would she quit at the point she actually got a part?

I see that logic but why do Serial Apeist 2? She even mentioned that it paid less than TCF. I understand that NCIS is a big part. I know you're better to answer this than me but it seems going from NCIS to Serial Apeist is a big step down. Wil Wheaton did the movie but he made his money from Stand by Me and other roles I'm sure he's living off that comfortably. The same can't be said for Penny.