The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

We'll you are the minority. Everyone else is bitching about Penny apparently tearing down and not accepting Leonard, not being committed (despite a proposal) and being eager to leave him right when she finds something different. I'm not sure what they're doing here, since they clearly don't like the couple and can only manage to complain.

As for Sheldon, I think Penny knows that arguing will get her nowhere with him. Leonard would have saved himself a lot of aggravation and humiliation by figuring that out (the cringeworthy argument they had on public radio comes to mind). I'm sure that incedent took tenure off the table for them both.

Well the proposal she gave she immediately wanted to retract. She admitted that herself. You are correct that arguing with Sheldon will get nowhere but I'm not sure that's the point. Just because you are in a losing proposition doesn't meet you shouldn't support her SO. Just like Leonard may think Penny's acting may lead to nothing he got her a car instead of her going back to TCF. Penny's support of Leonard against Sheldon, in that particular case, would cost her nothing. In regards to tenure IMO the public radio argument won't cost anyone tenure. Sheldon sliming Kripke and the board and other incidents through the years have had no effect on anything. If the writers want to bring tenure back they will. If they don't they won't.

She redacted the proposal because Leonard gave her an um, not because she wasn't committed.

But she was happy she gave her an um.

She redacted the proposal because Leonard gave her an um, not because she wasn't committed.

I think its pretty clear what would have happened even if Leonard had said yes at that time.

Next morning a sober Penny would have told Leonard that it was a mistake. As simple as that.

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Pre-proposal: Penny is never going to commit to Leonard! He's going to be waiting his whole life for the babies! She is always ready to bail! Waaaaaaaah!

Penny proposes and it's the same response. Her acceptance that it was a bad time doesn't take away the fact that she put the offer on the table. Vasu, you "guaranteed" that she either wouldn't remember or would be angry at Leonard the next morning, and you were way off. So we can't say that they wouldn't still be engaged had he said yes. Hence why Leonard shows regret for not saying yes in the Proton episode.

Pre-proposal: Penny is never going to commit to Leonard! He's going to be waiting his whole life for the babies! She is always ready to bail! Waaaaaaaah!

Penny proposes and it's the same response. Her acceptance that it was a bad time doesn't take away the fact that she put the offer on the table. Vasu, you "guaranteed" that she either wouldn't remember or would be angry at Leonard the next morning, and you were way off. So we can't say that they wouldn't still be engaged had he said yes. Hence why Leonard shows regret for not saying yes in the Proton episode.

I don't remember if I "guaranteed" what you are saying.....

Anyway regarding the proposal , she seems terrified when she puts up the offer again and Leonard waits to make his decision in the upcoming Proton episode....... so even now she is not ready to get engaged...

So , It's pretty clear that they would NOT have been engaged even if he had said yes after her drunken proposal...

A drunk Penny clearly does not know what she is doing....

Edited by vasu

You are really twisting things in the most negative extreme possible, compromising any sort of reason to do so. You clearly hate the show and characters, so I'm not sure what compels you to stick around.

She did put the offer on the table. The thing was IMO it was caused by Penny saying being in California she had nothing to show for in ten years. Leonard was a little offended, though I do believe Penny was thinking of acting, that Penny considered him as nothing. While she thought of what she had just said she proposed. I think Leonard's hesitation was not only caused by her drinking but by him "tricking" her in a way into proposing by making her feel bad. I think what Leonard did wrong was to not listen to Sheldon's advice about asking Penny where they're relationship was. Myself as a viewer never saw them breaking up over this. Under further reflection Penny quit her job so it was obvious that she didn't think that they were engaged. Would they be engaged if Leonard had said yes? I have to agree with @vasu on that one. I don't think she really intended to be engaged to Leonard while working at TCF especially if she was the one doing the proposing. I think Leonard's regret not saying yes in the Proton episode was more like if he had dropped dead the next day (they were at Proton's wake) at least for one moment he was engaged to Penny.
  • Like 1

You are really twisting things in the most negative extreme possible, compromising any sort of reason to do so. You clearly hate the show and characters, so I'm not sure what compels you to stick around.

If saying Penny is not ready to get engaged to Leonard , is twisting things in the most negative extreme possible .... then the show is clearly implying the same.....

If I remember correctly, the next morning Penny said to Leonard he was right in hesitating because she was a complete mess at the time. Also, in the upcoming episode I believe the report indicates that Penny says it's not the right time for proposals. Just like when Leonard proposed during sex wasn't the correct time. I have no doubt Penny want's to marry Leonard. The proposal will come. However, even though this is a comedy, I believe when that time comes the writers will make it special with the humor directly preceding and after the big moment. 

• Like 3

If saying Penny is not ready to get engaged to Leonard , is twisting things in the most negative extreme possible .... then the show is clearly implying the same.....

How in the hell would you know? You admit that you haven't even watched most of this season. As for quitting, I assume that happened after the failed proposal. Of course they weren't engaged.

Same negativity, different day. Leonard and Penny are as solid as can be and you are still desperate to complain. As evidenced by the tantrum over her not responding to having Leonard take Sheldon to the airport (though he signed a contract on his own free will agreeing to do so).

Edited by DaisyJane

Vasu, I have always wondered, are your constant counter views for the sport of it or just for the giggles? Either way I do enjoy reading them. :)

• Like 1

Vasu, I have always wondered, are your constant counter views for the sport of it or just for the giggles? Either way I do enjoy reading them. :)

He seems to go against the consensus but I admit his counter views can't always be proven wrong. On the S7 spoilers thread some Shamys were going nuts over his views. It was kind of fun to watch.

• Like 2

He seems to go against the consensus but I admit his counter views can't always be proven wrong. On the S7 spoilers thread some Shamys were going nuts over his views. It was kind of fun to watch.

Oh I agree with you. I wasn't knocking Vasu at all. I'm sure I have to be wrong but I don't recall a post where Vasu said the scene was actually enjoyable. I'm sure it happened, but that's why I asked the question. Personally I enjoy Vasu's posts and hope they continue ad infinitum. :)

• Like 3

How in the hell would you know? You admit that you haven't even watched most of this season. As for quitting, I assume that happened after the failed proposal. Of course they weren't engaged.

Same negativity, different day. Leonard and Penny are as solid as can be and you are still desperate to complain. As evidenced by the tantrum over her not responding to having Leonard take Sheldon to the airport (though he signed a contract on his own free will agreeing to do so).

If you feel that Penny is ready to get engaged , that is your wish . For me the show has made pretty clear that she is not ready at all.

Tantrum?? I hardly think so. I simply could not understand why Penny would smile after Sheldon orders around an injured Leonard. It was simply not a natural reaction.

If I remember correctly you did not like Leonard giving a Car to Penny and Penny accepting it right??

Just like that I did not like the scene I mentioned.... I might have voiced my reasons in a different way...

If you enjoy reading them should my views either for the sport of it or just for the giggles do not matter :p

Oh I agree with you. I wasn't knocking Vasu at all. I'm sure I have to be wrong but I don't recall a post where Vasu said the scene was actually enjoyable. I'm sure it happened, but that's why I asked the question. Personally I enjoy Vasu's posts and hope they continue ad infinitum.  :)

Which scene are you talking about?? I did not get it...

Good to know atleast some of you enjoy my posts  :) :)

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I do think the writers made a purposely direct message to the fans/viewers when Stuart made his little observation of Leonard and Penny. The two characters were made to be together, they both had flaws the other corrected and their strengths were enhanced by the other. They were made for each other, like two pieces of a puzzle.

• Like 7

I do think the writers made a purposely direct message to the fans/viewers when Stuart made his little observation of Leonard and Penny. The two characters were made to be together, they both had flaws the other corrected and their strengths were enhanced by the other. They were made for each other, like two pieces of a puzzle.

Perhaps they can compensate for each others flaws find a way for it to work but you are really stretching it here. They are hardly like two pieces of a puzzle made to fit. 

Perhaps they can compensate for each others flaws find a way for it to work but you are really stretching it here. They are hardly like two pieces of a puzzle made to fit. 

The reason I use the puzzle reference was that Stuart said, in the episode, they were two people that when put together for one awesome person, that is sort of a puzzle metaphor.

• Like 1

Yeah, vasu will have to eat crow.

umm...  I am a vegetarian......

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

umm...  I am a vegetarian......

Eating crow is an American colloquial idiom, meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position

• Like 5

For what it's worth; assuming the big news is for real, I'd have to say there is no doubt they are committed now. This ought to make just about everyone happy.

• Like 1