The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I think it is even possible that Amy and Sheldon will have relationship problems when he comes back and that will be one of the background things, when season 8 starts. Amy of course will be kept around because she is part of the group, just like Penny was when she dumped Leonard. Leonard and Penny with put their wedding on the back burner to get Shamy back together because Penny is a matchmaker and a Shamy shipper. It gives TPTB a way to delay the wedding of Lenny, ignore the living situation and an excuse for Sheldon to change some to win back Amy. Anyway I think it one way they could go, however based on the start of season 7, TPTB could just not bring up Lenny's engagement or living situation for a while, ignoring it, until they think of a funny story to continue it, that is another option I could see.

• Like 1

suggestion

Move Leonard in with Penny and Raj in with Sheldon to be his new caretaker. Lenny and Raj can have conflict over what is best for Sheldon. The same apt stays the meeting/gathering place only giving Raj a more dominate roll using his Female qualities as humor. Raj keeps hospitality/party planning style to not everyone pleasure.

• Like 1

Well how about Lenny just move in with Penny, and put a sock on the door getting busy lol that would scare Sheldon off. They well clearly drag out the engagement, for the sake of Sheldon learning to let go of the old Sheldon, but i dont see his behaviour changing therefore moving forward with Amy, until everyone and i mean EVERYONE stops enabling him. Pennys being saying this since S2, he needs to know his behaviour is unaccetable, and he needs to be aware, socially aware of others and their needs. If his friends let him get away with it, theyre encouraging his behaviour, Amy is no different. So i agree its not all Sheldons fault, thats not to say hes not aware of his own behaviour and how hes emotionally stunting Amy. With him being alone i hope he starts being more self reliant, i would like Sheldon to live alone for a while, having another caretaker like Raj for e.g. is just regressing. He needs to be self independent and reliant, or he well never alter or change his behavoural patterns. Shamy is relevant to Lenny, because we all know, until Shamy progress Lenny well never let go of the third wheel, just be the odd couple or threes company.

Edited by 3ku11

Here's a wild thought.....Leonard and Penny don't move in with each other until after they get married. 

That's what is probably going to happening. I know Leonard mentioned moving to Sheldon. There was no real reason to discuss that until L/P had an exact plan on when they were getting married.

I think it is even possible that Amy and Sheldon will have relationship problems when he comes back and that will be one of the background things, when season 8 starts. Amy of course will be kept around because she is part of the group, just like Penny was when she dumped Leonard. Leonard and Penny with put their wedding on the back burner to get Shamy back together because Penny is a matchmaker and a Shamy shipper. It gives TPTB a way to delay the wedding of Lenny, ignore the living situation and an excuse for Sheldon to change some to win back Amy. Anyway I think it one way they could go, however based on the start of season 7, TPTB could just not bring up Lenny's engagement or living situation for a while, ignoring it, until they think of a funny story to continue it, that is another option I could see.

I expect talk about the engagement is too big a draw to leave it out of s8e1.

Here's a wild thought.....Leonard and Penny don't move in with each other until after they get married.

I had this thought too, earlier. I'm not sure what the norm is now, and I'm not fussed about "try before you buy", but it's a valid choice. A bit redundant after seven years of living next to each other and two years of probably constant sleepovers but still it gives scope for more stalling/ tension. Given the length of their warm up run and their propinquity, I'm unclear on what more they have to try, but if they keep their promise and openly plan to move forward I guess I could watch that. But they forget life can be short on this show. And it would be nicely OOC/disruptive/novel for them both to throw caution to the winds and just dive in with a wedding at the end of S8.

But I will refuse to speculate about the dress - though I'm hoping for something tasteful and off the shoulder - and no veil. LOL.

• Like 2

But I will refuse to speculate about the dress - though I'm hoping for something tasteful and off the shoulder - and no veil. LOL.

Come on, you know Penny likes cap sleeves. ;)

• Like 2

You could very well be right, but I'm hopeful the mentions of them moving in together in the finale aren't false leads

If that's the case, which is completely plausible, then Penny better get another acting job soon. Otherwise Leonard will be paying for 1-1/2 apartments.

Technically by the RA they are already living together.

I'm a little vague on this but didn't Sheldon tell Leonard if Penny was going to be staying at their apartment an addendum needed to be signed to the RA?

When Leonard was with Dr Stephanie and denying living together, Sheldon qouted the criteria to prove they were living together like hippies.

Sheldon drafted the Penny Specific clauses with escrow account info when Leonard pretended to be her BF for Penny's dad.

Edited by Squidley

When Leonard was with Dr Stephanie and denying living together, Sheldon qouted the criteria to prove they were living together like hippies.

Sheldon drafted the Penny Specific clauses with escrow account info when Leonard pretended to be her BF for Penny's dad.

The papers Sheldon wrote up in the episode with her dad were never signed. Leonard told Sheldon he and Penny weren't a couple and he threw all the papers up into the air.

In 7.24 the tapping report states that when Leonard started to discuss with Sheldon living arrangements, Sheldon said he already thought about it. He then said that he will allow Penny to live with them one day a week for a trial period. Therefore, it couldn't already be in the RA.

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 1

Original comment of the RA criteria was from 2.10

The "cohabitation" rider which has been activated now that the two of you are living together.

"A girlfriend shall be deemed quote living with un-quote Leonard when she has stayed over for A, ten consecutive nights or B, more than nine nights in three week period or C, all the weekends of a given month plus three weeknights.

I think it is safe to say that Penny has met Sheldon's criteria.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

Nogravitasatall, yep, I could see Sheldon going to Geneva to the LHC, Switzerland.   Possibility, is that Lenny keep their status quo living arrengments, just constant sleepovers while engaged, which is okay.  With the engagement, Lenny now are really going be even more of the  center of TBBT.  Alpha Centauri A and B and Sheldon being Proxima Centauri, gravitationally bound to the Lenny but not interfering. Sorry, keeping the comment on astronomical objects.  The writers will have a plethora of romantic, funny, serious, situations for Lenny the next three seasons, should be awesome.  Hopefully more pillow talk for them, like on previous seasons.

• Like 2

Well; been awhile and no posts soooo...I'm wondering if there will be an effort by Leonard & Penny to keep a little bit of a distance from Sheldon . I'm thinking that the end result when he returns will be no change in the living arrangements until later in season 8 or even season 9 (just to get the ball rolling again here)

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Got nothing to say but agree with you @hokie. This thread is getting nelegated by the lenny fans, were you guys @??????? Probs @ the Shamy thread. Lol. Really joking hope not. Think nothing going to change Sheldon comes back square one again, shelden' show so yeah no progress penny moves in with L/S maybe. No big changes in S8 MHO

Send from my Galaxy Note3 using Tapatalk

Maybe we got tire of the circular argument. We are just speculating, with no real proof, any won't have any until next fall.

Speculate as much I as we can lenny is not going to be the topic next season. Nothing going to change. Wouldn't be surprised if the engagement takes second place or moving into gether just gets drags on & on. Soo hope I am wrong...

Send from my Galaxy Note3 using Tapatalk

I don't think they will move quickly, I think the statement Penny makes about waiting to get married, till her brother gets out is the clue here.

• Like 1

I don't think they will move quickly, I think the statement Penny makes about waiting to get married, till her brother gets out is the clue here.

I don't think that was said for anything but the sake of humor. Leonard and Penny will likely have a very small and impromptu wedding, free of everyone but their friends. Few sitcoms actually have those episodes, as they are a pain to shoot and there'd be way too much to pack into one episode. I imagine this will hold true for the show, as it has never really been all about relationships. 

• Like 2

I don't think that was said for anything but the sake of humor. Leonard and Penny will likely have a very small and impromptu wedding, free of everyone but their friends. Few sitcoms actually have those episodes, as they are a pain to shoot and there'd be way too much to pack into one episode. I imagine this will hold true for the show, as it has never really been all about relationships. 

You know I would agree, but I keep thinking back to that dream wedding Penny had, of her pregnant and I can't help think it will be something like that.  Of course you don't get the impression on how many people are there, so maybe it is a small wedding, like you suggest, but I think she will be in a white dress like the dream.

• Like 1

I agree with all of this, except for the "sake of humor". I think it's the writers sneaky way of not having to worry about the actual wedding episode for 12-18 months.

It also allows them to time the wedding for the sweeps period. 12 months puts it at the end of next year (May Sweeps, year 8 ) while a delay of 18 months, puts it in November sweeps of year 9 Penny could find out she's pregnant at the end of season 9 (May Sweeps again) and then the baby would be born nine months later, in the Feb Sweeps of year 10, just before they end the show (May sweeps). Hell, that's five of the nine sweeps months. Say one for Bernadette finding out she's pregnant, One for the baby being born, one for the Shamy proposal and one for the Shamy wedding, and they've got all the sweeps months covered for the next three years. Until the wedding, they can throw in an occasional episode of their preparing for the wedding, problems, etc (see Howardette, season five).

• Like 6

How about Lenny are grown ups, Penny moves in with Leonard, and Sheldon just needs to grow up and suck it up. I also think this may bring back that dynamic that hsnt bn their since s3, more pillow talk, i really enjoyed those scenes.

And yes i do hv confidence Lenny well be the focus and well be once again centric to the storylines :p.

Hold on Sheldon lives alone now, wheres my eraser... Lenny chuck Sheldon out, by this point i do nt beleive Shamy well be in a gd place, cnt see them ever being in the same place in their relationship. Sheldon moves in Pennys apartment, Lenny reign supreme, cue Penny whistling :p.