The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

You know I would agree, but I keep thinking back to that dream wedding Penny had, of her pregnant and I can't help think it will be something like that.  Of course you don't get the impression on how many people are there, so maybe it is a small wedding, like you suggest, but I think she will be in a white dress like the dream.

I don't think getting married to Leonard while eight and a half month pregnant was her idea of a dream. More of a nightmare, hence the need for her to go to the drugstore. She probably saw far to many of her friends 17 and married due to unplanned pregnancies. I think Penny's first wedding dream is to NOT be pregnant during the ceremony, and have a baby clearly more than nine months after the wedding. At worst, if she failed a pregnancy test with Leonard at this point, she'd want to get married ASAP. Whether Lorre and Molaro think it would be funny to recreate that scene for Penny's actual wedding, I don't know. But I think Penny's dream is babies well after her marriage, not the precipitating cause.

Anyway, Lenny's and particularly Penny's style is so low key, she wouldn't want a big wedding. Something small would be her thing, but anything involving family would require significant casting. Christine Baranski has only been able to Skype appearances, and we've only seen one appearance of Penny's dad, so I would look to Howard and Bernadette's wedding as a clue. Something easily organized and nerdy. Probably with Sheldon presiding in Klingon.

• Like 4

Indeed, Leonard and Penny having a shotgun wedding like in her dream would be depressing. But I don't know if what she dreamed of would it be considered shotgun when she was so obviously pregnant, with triplets by the looks of it.

• Like 3

Indeed, Leonard and Penny having a shotgun wedding like in her dream would be depressing. But I don't know if what she dreamed of would it be considered shotgun when she was so obviously pregnant, with triplets by the looks of it.

Since they're already engaged, the chance they would have a shot gun wedding is rather remote.

• Like 2

At least triplets, and in her 15th month of pregnancy. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Considering in the tapping report when Penny tells her mom she is engaged, her mom says she will be the first girl in the family not pregnant when she got married. So I don't think the writers change their minds now and have her become pregnant before her wedding day.

Also, I agree with those that believe it will be a small wedding. Lenny has always been low key. My question is will the rest of the gang marry them like they did for H/B?

• Like 1

Will Penny have Bernie be her Maid of Honor? She has been friends with her longer and Amy was the last one. Also, will Penny allow Amy wear her tiara? Bernie shouldn't even have let her wear it at her wedding. Or is it just going to be a running joke now.

I do not think Penny is a planner. She has the tendency to take leaps of faith when it comes Leonard.

My view is that something will trigger Penny to

suggest that they get one of those fake weddings in Vegas and Leonard saying you know those are real and Penny replying "Yeah I know"

• Like 5

I do not think Penny is a planner. She has the tendency to take leaps of faith when it comes Leonard.

My view is that something will trigger Penny to

suggest that they get one of those fake weddings in Vegas and Leonard saying you know those are real and Penny replying "Yeah I know"

Actually, that's kinda funny.

• Like 1

No Bernadette as maid of honor, I miss the scenes between Penny and Amy and find the ones with Amy and Bernadette to be painfully unfunny. Besides, she makes no secret of the fact that she thinks Leonard a pussy.

• Like 2

Also, I agree with those that believe it will be a small wedding. Lenny has always been low key. My question is will the rest of the gang marry them like they did for H/B?

I hope not. I'd like to see something different for them, not a rehash of H/B.

No Bernadette as maid of honor, I miss the scenes between Penny and Amy and find the ones with Amy and Bernadette to be painfully unfunny. Besides, she makes no secret of the fact that she thinks Leonard a pussy.

Agreed. I always thought that she wasn't that close to Bernie, didn't really hang with her until they started doing Girl's Nite.

At least we know Leonard is ready for marriage, after all those years of putting up with Sheldon. There's almost nothing Penny can do that's worse than that.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

Amy as MOH, Howardette as ring bearer and flower girl (smurfs), Sheldon conducting the ceremony in Klingon all on the back of an elephant with seat warmers and Raj leading the procession.

I don't think getting married to Leonard while eight and a half month pregnant was her idea of a dream. More of a nightmare, hence the need for her to go to the drugstore. She probably saw far to many of her friends 17 and married due to unplanned pregnancies. I think Penny's first wedding dream is to NOT be pregnant during the ceremony, and have a baby clearly more than nine months after the wedding. At worst, if she failed a pregnancy test with Leonard at this point, she'd want to get married ASAP. Whether Lorre and Molaro think it would be funny to recreate that scene for Penny's actual wedding, I don't know. But I think Penny's dream is babies well after her marriage, not the precipitating cause.

Anyway, Lenny's and particularly Penny's style is so low key, she wouldn't want a big wedding. Something small would be her thing, but anything involving family would require significant casting. Christine Baranski has only been able to Skype appearances, and we've only seen one appearance of Penny's dad, so I would look to Howard and Bernadette's wedding as a clue. Something easily organized and nerdy. Probably with Sheldon presiding in Klingon.

I should have been clearer, I meant that Penny sees herself getting married in a ceremony with a pretty white wedding dress, not the pregnant thing.  So she was thinking of marriage with a ceremony, not elopement.

How about Lenny are grown ups, Penny moves in with Leonard, and Sheldon just needs to grow up and suck it up. I also think this may bring back that dynamic that hsnt bn their since s3, more pillow talk, i really enjoyed those scenes.

And yes i do hv confidence Lenny well be the focus and well be once again centric to the storylines :p.

Hold on Sheldon lives alone now, wheres my eraser... Lenny chuck Sheldon out, by this point i do nt beleive Shamy well be in a gd place, cnt see them ever being in the same place in their relationship. Sheldon moves in Pennys apartment, Lenny reign supreme, cue Penny whistling :p.

I would like to see the show become Lenny centric again too.  Sheldon is the most unrealistic character in the show and he is actually more of a caricature of a person, he is not believeable as a real person, like the other characters are.  The show centering around his annoying personality is all for comedy, and the show has now become more about this ridiculous clown and how real people react to his antics.

• Like 2

I would like to see the show become Lenny centric again too.  Sheldon is the most unrealistic character in the show and he is actually more of a caricature of a person, he is not believeable as a real person, like the other characters are.  The show centering around his annoying personality is all for comedy, and the show has now become more about this ridiculous clown and how real people react to his antics.

In other words, Sheldon Cooper = Steve Urkel. The horror... the horror...

• Like 1

In other words, Sheldon Cooper = Steve Urkel. The horror... the horror...

Yes, however Sheldon is worse.  I work in an environment that contains the same type of people that are represented in the show.  I have worked with people that have some of the annoying traits as Sheldon, but no one has all those traits, his character is greatly exaggerated and that is why I compare him to a caricature.  The comedy around Sheldon is how normal people act around him and respond to him.  If you look at the pilot and the first few episodes, that was not the original theme, it was Lenny, but the show slowly gravitated that way.

I got a kick out of the episode where he was referred to be partly like Pee Wee Herman, because not only does he phyiscially have the same weak skinny body, the character is just as ridiculous, with the comedy coming from laughing at the absurd character or how normal people react to the character.

I think the theme of the show went to being about Lenny, then about Lenny and their dealing with Sheldon, to what we have now, Sheldon being Sheldon and Lenny, along with the other normal characters reacting to him.  Some of this is getting old now, so a compromise of going back to Lenny centric and their story, with Sheldon again being a crazy person they just had to deal with, would be a refreshing change.

• Like 6

You go back to the pilot the initial theme you could say or the initial premise, was the nerdy guy meeting the hot girl next door, hence "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". And of course Sheldon had to chime in haha "Not to mention imaginary". Since then the show show not straight away but gradually has gravitated, from this story about two unlikely people meeting in the most unlikely way, and forging a relationship, you almost got two geniuses with all their atoms in the right place in perfect order, then this beautiful blonde girl moves in, with all her atoms in the right place and she disrupts their (Leonards) entire world, it was a show about collision. Since then you've seen them slowly gravitate away from that premise, and its evolved, but evoloution is one thing, it has nothing to do with the show it self, it's how everything seems to rotate around Sheldon, he is centric to the show. I don't get me wrong I think Sheldon is one of the most unique characters in tv history, but sometimes he is too unique, I remember I think back in S2 Sheldon said Sheldon" Umm Penny in this case I think you would be the perculiar one Penny: Yeah maybe your right. I made the point Penny is stranger in toon town, well maybe everyone is when it comes to Sheldon :p. Maybe bringing the show back to Lenny being centric and the main story, Sheldon was as robotic and neurotic as he is now, but he didn't over crowd the show, he blended in with his uniquess, now he seems to be taking over, and like above said the shows about how normal people react to him, I think a balance of Lenny being centric, and Sheldon progressing with Amy while still being that crazy person that not only Lenny has to deal with but everyone, but because Sheldon won't be centric it well freshen things up just my opinion.

• Like 1

Yes, however Sheldon is worse. I work in an environment that contains the same type of people that are represented in the show. I have worked with people that have some of the annoying traits as Sheldon, but no one has all those traits, his character is greatly exaggerated and that is why I compare him to a caricature. The comedy around Sheldon is how normal people act around him and respond to him. If you look at the pilot and the first few episodes, that was not the original theme, it was Lenny, but the show slowly gravitated that way.

I got a kick out of the episode where he was referred to be partly like Pee Wee Herman, because not only does he phyiscially have the same weak skinny body, the character is just as ridiculous, with the comedy coming from laughing at the absurd character or how normal people react to the character.

I think the theme of the show went to being about Lenny, then about Lenny and their dealing with Sheldon, to what we have now, Sheldon being Sheldon and Lenny, along with the other normal characters reacting to him. Some of this is getting old now, so a compromise of going back to Lenny centric and their story, with Sheldon again being a crazy person they just had to deal with, would be a refreshing change.

this an echo of the 70's sitcom Happy Days. At first it was more about Richie Cunningham and his high school friends. Over time the character of Fonzie became more intrusive and more of a focus similar to Sheldon. Unfortunately many of the casual viewers enjoy the totally irritating personality that is Sheldon. I don't foresee a big change on that score. W can only hope that the Leonard/Penny relationship will receive respectable attention

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 4

this an echo of the 70's sitcom Happy Days. At first it was more about Richie Cunningham and his high school friends. Over time the character of Fonzie became more intrusive and more of a focus similar to Sheldon. Unfortunately many of the casual viewers enjoy the totally irritating personality that is Sheldon. I don't foresee a big change on that score. W can only hope that the Leonard/Penny relationship will receive respectable attention

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Good catch on that Happy Days reference, Fonzie did take over that show too and I think that started that show to loose its focus too.

• Like 3

One week till the episode that all Lenny fans have been waiting for.

• Like 7

Good catch on that Happy Days reference, Fonzie did take over that show too and I think that started that show to loose its focus too.

That happened with Barney Fife and a few other characters also. The idea is that you try to pull in as many viewers as possible. If you get a popular character, who pulls in those viewers, you ride them, sometimes too far.

• Like 3

That happened with Barney Fife and a few other characters also. The idea is that you try to pull in as many viewers as possible. If you get a popular character, who pulls in those viewers, you ride them, sometimes too far.

There is great comic potential now with Lenny after they get engaged, they will be commited so there won't be break up drama so they can have some funny getting to adjust to each other scenes.  Heck, this episode tonight we are finding out that Penny knows a lot about Star Wars from being around Leonard and the guys, she is getting infected with nerdiness from being so close to them.

It would be funny if Penny becomes bridezilla when they get close to the date.

And like someone said before, we need more pillow talk and cuddling from them, like watching TV with Penny in Leonard's lap.

• Like 3

And like someone said before, we need more pillow talk and cuddling from them, like watching TV with Penny in Leonard's lap.

I would love to see some more pillow talk. It's really depressing to think that we haven't had any, with them in the same bed, for FOUR years. I don't count "Love Car" (in season four) where they weren't in the same bed, "Recombination, (in season five) where it was just Leonard's dream, or "Extract Obliteration", where Leonard was sitting up after coming in with Penny's breakfast.

• Like 3

I was a little suprised in that scene near the end where Penny was sitting in her chair and Leonard was on the other side of the couch, with Raj in Leonard's chair.  It was after the funeral and based on what they were talking about, I would have expected them to be closer that night.  Seeing Raj in Leonard's chair next to Penny didn't seem right.

• Like 2

S3 Lenny is Big Bang THEORY. That was the perfect balance imo, but now 7 chatacters 19 mill viewers, almost 4 couples its getting really crowded. I would love now relationships hv progressed, and wre seeing character growth, while maintaining the maturity in the show, more light hearted geeky humor which made the show so unique. I do too agree that your going too see alot of comedy when Lenny get married, or move in together, seeing how they adjust (or penny) should be interesting. Im S3 i felt like sequencing between scenes flowed much better, you had the crazy one Aka Sheldon, then you had the Bros Aka HowarRaj, then you would cut to some pillow talk between the King of the nerds and the Queen of Shopping Aka Leonard and Penny. One of my fav eps that highlighted this are Precious Fragmentation and the Large Hadron Collision. As the show progresses though it has become more relationship and career focused and centric, as these characters are not out of college. But its also best to remember Bbt never was a romcom, never has bn nvr well be, its too unique, so i guess what im saying is more of a balance in the writing. 70% Lenny again, 15% Shamy progressing, and 15% Sheldon crazy as ever, and the whole show now be treated as an ensemble cast show not just Threes Company Aka Lenny and Sheldon.