The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I would love to see some more pillow talk. It's really depressing to think that we haven't had any, with them in the same bed, for FOUR years. I don't count "Love Car" (in season four) where they weren't in the same bed, "Recombination, (in season five) where it was just Leonard's dream, or "Extract Obliteration", where Leonard was sitting up after coming in with Penny's breakfast.

I totally read this as Penny's breasts and couldn't figure out how he could do that, lol.

• Like 2

I totally read this as Penny's breasts and couldn't figure out how he could do that, lol.

:laugh: You have a dirty mind. 

• Like 2

:laugh: You have a dirty mind. 

Yes I do.   :girlwink:

• Like 1

Is this like reading the thread "Who's getting sent off in the Season 7 Finale" as "Who's getting off in the Season 7 Finale"?

• Like 4

S3 Lenny is Big Bang THEORY. That was the perfect balance imo, but now 7 chatacters 19 mill viewers, almost 4 couples its getting really crowded. I would love now relationships hv progressed, and wre seeing character growth, while maintaining the maturity in the show, more light hearted geeky humor which made the show so unique. I do too agree that your going too see alot of comedy when Lenny get married, or move in together, seeing how they adjust (or penny) should be interesting. Im S3 i felt like sequencing between scenes flowed much better, you had the crazy one Aka Sheldon, then you had the Bros Aka HowarRaj, then you would cut to some pillow talk between the King of the nerds and the Queen of Shopping Aka Leonard and Penny. One of my fav eps that highlighted this are Precious Fragmentation and the Large Hadron Collision. As the show progresses though it has become more relationship and career focused and centric, as these characters are not out of college. But its also best to remember Bbt never was a romcom, never has bn nvr well be, its too unique, so i guess what im saying is more of a balance in the writing. 70% Lenny again, 15% Shamy progressing, and 15% Sheldon crazy as ever, and the whole show now be treated as an ensemble cast show not just Threes Company Aka Lenny and Sheldon.

I think the problem if you can call it that in season 7 might be due to the writers setting things up for seasons 8, 9 and 10. Hence they are rushing through some

things i.e. Sheldon's growth as a character. Once they've got all of that out of the way, I'm hopeful the writers will get a season 3 like balance

between all the characters. Having a bigger cast is no bad thing, had they just kept to core group the show probably wouldn't have been as successful. Bernadette and

Amy fit in quite well and give Penny a group of her own so to speak while Lenonard has his. The show still revolves around Lenny, it's just taken a bit of

backseat of late to enable Howard and Bernadette to get together etc, Raj to overcome his lady problems (ongoing) and for Shamy to grow as a couple.

I think they've cranked up the Sheldon crazy generator, to make his moments of humanity that more impactful. So my guess is season 8, 9 and 10 will be

the path to Lenny's Marriage (living together comedy, complete with Sheldon's protests about it), Raj getting into a proper relationship, Howard and Bernadette starting a family (cliche sitcom motif), and Shamy getting

physical. Which will lead to a lot of comedy gold from Sheldon.

The show is in a good place, it just needs the writers to blend all the story elements together in such a way they get back to having the stories

flow nicely leading into the end of the show. If they go beyond 10 seasons, then I would hope we get to see Lenny as a married couple. I think

they could do it a bit differently to most sitcoms. Having seen the last few episodes and had time to think about them, it seems as though

a plan is starting to come together with Lenny at the heart of it.

• Like 1

u

My feeling about the rest of S7 is that Lenny fans are going to be underwhelmed with the way the engagement is handled. It seems to me that this is another instance of P being depressed about her career and deciding she wants to marry L  Except this time she is sober.

The ring thing is not going away, The way L reacts to it suggests that he might have bought it for Priya. If this is so, it could raise its ugly head in S8 and cause some conflict.

I don't see how the writers can write a whole season of L/P without some serious bumps along the way, No break-up. just serious issues to deal with. (handled with comedy of course)

What on earth indicates to you that the ring was bought for Priya? The only time he said anything about marriage was when he was contemplating whether or not to cheat on her, which he did! 

What on earth indicates to you that the ring was bought for Priya? The only time he said anything about marriage was when he was contemplating whether or not to cheat on her, which he did!

It depends on the interpretation of "a few". There are many different definitions, but most indicate anywhere from 2-4. Around two years ago was just before the proposal to Penny in bed. Around three years ago was just before Priya left (and just after Priya said they weren't "there yet" when it came to Bernadette asking about an engagement). About four years ago would be right around when Leonard said "I love you" and they broke up. I suppose you could look at it as about three years ago, along with Leonard's "it doesn't matter", as indicating it was for Priya.

I just can't see Leonard giving a ring he bought for Priya to Penny, he's simply not that crass. I makes the most sense to me that he bought it just after Penny admitted she thought about being married to him in season fives "The Transporter Malfunction". I've read the taping report, and I'm not underwhelmed. The way it happened sounds so Lenny.

• Like 5

I won't go into the current deal of Leonard buying the ring for Priya, I'm sad that some people think of Leonard as that type of guy that would give Penny a ring that was previously bought for Priya? That is just not Leonard. 

Having said that, I just wanted to say hi. I've been a member for a long time but hadn't posted. I'm new, a big Lenny fan and a big fan of the series in general. 

Loved tonight's episode and the new moments that we've been getting. I love how this season focused on growing Lenny's relationship in a reality that is needed for the next big step that they are about to take. Just like the "I love you" that Penny knew before it was said, I believe that the engagement would take place just like that, without a big production because they know they are ready. They know it. I love this Penny that takes an interest in Leonard, that is at ease with the relationship and a Lenny that is more mature. I've read here that they "act like an old couple" or that "there is no more sex between them" and so on. But I think that we know that, we know that part of the relationship, what we are seeing now is their relationship as a whole and I don't think they act like an old married couple. Sad that this is the comparison but the character growth has been focused on Penny and Lenny, which is something that we didn't get before in any of the seasons. Plus, it's a comedy, I'm just amazed at how these characters grow episode by episode. 

Tonight was great. Loved their smiles. Love how Leonard has a new wardrobe (new suit) and that smile that Penny had when Leonard came in and was by the computer. He didn't see it but she smiled at seeing him and my heart melted. Love their banter at the funeral and their personal jokes. The "marriage score 2-1" scenes were great! I wish we would get more seasons with just the two of them because their interactions are totally different when they are alone. I can't wait till the actual proposal. 

Whatever happens from here on, I want to keep my faith on them and on them staying together, there is 3 more seasons and many possibiities. But Lenny is the strongest couple of the show. Their love story is unique and Johnny and Kaley give us great performances on Lenny. I'm appreciating the little moments because one thing is true, Shamy is advancing and they need to get some time. So don't get upset, let's just hope we get more Lenny moments before the end of the season and of course the proposal. :) 

p.s. I love this post, let's bring more positivity. Love this site. Hope to be here more often. 

• Like 4

He is a prudent guy, and a hell of an optimist, and very likely classy enough not to recycle something this significant. I'd also think he is not cheap regarding Penny, or anything else for that matter, so it seems more likely to me that he bought the ring once he had renewed cause for hopefulness, as Tensor suggests. I don't think they will ever mention Priya again as we have not heard of her for over two years, so current viewers would be confused if her name came up.

• Like 3

Good catch on that Happy Days reference, Fonzie did take over that show too and I think that started that show to loose its focus too.

I think it is appropriate the the symbol of a show loosing focus and creativity is Fonsie ski jumping over a shark.

I would love to see some more pillow talk. It's really depressing to think that we haven't had any, with them in the same bed, for FOUR years. I don't count "Love Car" (in season four) where they weren't in the same bed, "Recombination, (in season five) where it was just Leonard's dream, or "Extract Obliteration", where Leonard was sitting up after coming in with Penny's breakfast.

I would love to see those pillow talk scenes again but I assume that as they have added story lines to the episodes they just don't want to take the time to setup those bedroom scenes, especially the ones where they are simulating nudity.

Surprise Surprise Mrs Cynical is negative, its already been established Leonard bought the ring for Penny. Proton was nothing more then underwhelming in this ep.

Surprise Surprise Mrs Cynical is negative, its already been established Leonard bought the ring for Penny. Proton was nothing more then underwhelming in this ep.

That's Mr Cynical to you champ'

The reason I thought he might have bought the ring for Priya is that he was non-committal when  asked how long he had the ring (or have I mis-read the taping report.

Please enlighten me, When was this established?

Edited by ajond

The reason I thought he might have bought the ring for Priya is that he was non-committal when  asked how long he had the ring (or have I mis-read the taping report.

I agree, that it did sound like he might have bought the ring for Priya. However as we know taping reports can be misleading. We'll know next week (when they show the episode), and then we'll have all summer to go over every nuance of the episode.

u

My feeling about the rest of S7 is that Lenny fans are going to be underwhelmed with the way the engagement is handled. It seems to me that this is another instance of P being depressed about her career and deciding she wants to marry L  Except this time she is sober.

The ring thing is not going away, The way L reacts to it suggests that he might have bought it for Priya. If this is so, it could raise its ugly head in S8 and cause some conflict.

I don't see how the writers can write a whole season of L/P without some serious bumps along the way, No break-up. just serious issues to deal with. (handled with comedy of course)

I think Lenny fans are going to be happy over the engagement no matter what. it never was going to be a dramatic moment. Most like myself are going to happy that Sheldon wasn't involved when it happened. I think tonight's episode was suppose to be a big like changing lesson for Sheldon but it seems to have had a greater effect on Penny. I think non spoiled people are going to be surprised with the engagement especially since this happens right after the Raj/Emily scene. When he got the ring is vague. I like many of the others find it hard to believe he would give her a ring meant for Priya but at this point you really can't be sure. the ring kind of proves Penny was not in his wallet. Season 8 is going to have conflicts with Lenny regardless of who the ring was for.
  • Like 4

I think Lenny fans are going to be happy over the engagement no matter what. it never was going to be a dramatic moment. Most like myself are going to happy that Sheldon wasn't involved when it happened. I think tonight's episode was suppose to be a big like changing lesson for Sheldon but it seems to have had a greater effect on Penny. I think non spoiled people are going to be surprised with the engagement especially since this happens right after the Raj/Emily scene. When he got the ring is vague. I like many of the others find it hard to believe he would give her a ring meant for Priya but at this point you really can't be sure. the ring kind of proves Penny was not in his wallet. Season 8 is going to have conflicts with Lenny regardless of who the ring was for.

we can expect all sorts of conflicts until the wedding actually happens. That's how they roll on TBBT. I think the earliest a wedding will occur is mid-way through Season 9. Plenty of time for comedic miunderstandings

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 1

When you get right down to it, how would anyone know who the original ring is for, if it is not engraved. Leonard certainly wouldn't be carrying a ring around in his pocket with engravings appropriate to Priya. Without such personalization, a ring is fine for anyone. Even if Leonard bought a ring for Priya, he would have sold it by now.

If they wanted to go cute, Leonard and Penny could go back to the jewelry store where he bought to get it engraved, and the jeweler would honor free engraving with purchase of the ring. Then the receipt would come out, and it would date from Leonard and Penny 1.0.

• Like 3

It wouldn't surprise me at all that soon after Leonard said "our babies will be both smart and beautiful" that the ring was purchased.  He is the eternal optimist...

• Like 4

If Leonard bought the ring for Priya and decided to reuse it he's a complete putz (to use Howard's words) and would deserve to be dumped. Besides, I don't think he ever saw that kind of future with her.

But they won't go that route. Priya was massively unfunny and unpopular, I'm sure the writers are as eager to forget her as we are.

• Like 2

If Leonard bought the ring for Priya and decided to reuse it he's a complete putz (to use Howard's words) and would deserve to be dumped. Besides, I don't think he ever saw that kind of future with her.

But they won't go that route. Priya was massively unfunny and unpopular, I'm sure the writers are as eager to forget her as we are.

But they had Zack being married to Penny. I think that was equally unfunny and unpopular. It seemed Penny was a complete putz to marry Zack but I didn't hear anyone saying Leonard should dump her.

But they had Zack being married to Penny. I think that was equally unfunny and unpopular. It seemed Penny was a complete putz to marry Zack but I didn't hear anyone saying Leonard should dump her.

Nonsense, half this forum was babbling on about how he should break up with her and date desperate Alex Sue to make a point.

But the two wouldn't be comparable; Penny "married" Zach on accident at what she thought was a fake chapel (I suspect she was right, hasn't been brought up since and I seriously doubt they signed a marriage license), Leonard would be purposefully giving his current girlfriend a ring he intended for his repulsive ex who treated Penny like dirt and alienated her from the group. So the difference between the two situations is unbelievably obvious.

• Like 2

Two things, I loved Priya. She allowed us to get an insight into Penny's thinking about Leonard. We didn't have that up until her. Second, I wouldn't go as far as calling her a putz. They do have fake weddings in Vegas. From her reaction, if she had known it was actually a real wedding, I don't see her going through with it, even drunk. I can see an alcohol induced misunderstanding of what exactly was going on.

• Like 5

Two things, I loved Priya. She allowed us to get an insight into Penny's thinking about Leonard. We didn't have that up until her. Second, I wouldn't go as far as calling her a putz. They do have fake weddings in Vegas. From her reaction, if she had known it was actually a real wedding, I don't see her going through with it, even drunk. I can see an alcohol induced misunderstanding of what exactly was going on.

I agree with Tensor. While I disliked that Leonard was with Priya as opposed to Penny, she was useful for developing the storylines leading to the reconciliation. Penny's character changed a lot watching Leonard be with Priya. Toward the end, I got annoyed more with Leonard putting up with Priya. It also revealed some of the worst characteristics in Sheldon. But mainly it was important in drilling into Penny how important Leonard is to her, and I believed solidified her resolve to not mess it up with Leonard the second time. She accepted that should have never broken up with Leonard, and she's not allowed bumps in the road be a problem since they got back together. Priya prove that Leonard was a desirable mate,and only needed to be reminded one more time not to take him for granted. 

• Like 2

Nonsense, half this forum was babbling on about how he should break up with her and date desperate Alex Sue to make a point.

But the two wouldn't be comparable; Penny "married" Zach on accident at what she thought was a fake chapel (I suspect she was right, hasn't been brought up since and I seriously doubt they signed a marriage license), Leonard would be purposefully giving his current girlfriend a ring he intended for his repulsive ex who treated Penny like dirt and alienated her from the group. So the difference between the two situations is unbelievably obvious.

I'm not sure it was by accident. She was sober enough to remember it happened. Zack went along with the annulment. Granted I don't know how much that means. Just as Penny may have caught up in the moment "marrying Zack"  Leonard knew he had a ring on him and may have gotten caught up in the moment. Leonard knew he was going to get a yes. Since Penny asked about where he got the ring he really didn't give an exact answer so people are questioning that especially since Priya mentioned in Wildebeest about them visiting India.. Priya may have been a jerk to Leonard but I don't remember her treating Penny like "dirt". It seemed to me Penny knew she didn't fit in with Priya there but since Penny broke up with Leonard it seemed the alienation was caused by Penny herself.

I agree with everything you say but why would Penny be with such an idiot as Zack?

• Like 1