The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I'd like to see the rest of the family before they wrap for good.

Also, I'm not sure what's happening to Sheldon after his journey of self discovery (to Tibet or some other remote place). The trio as Batman, Robyn and Batgirl comes to mind. Or maybe they are more like Silk Spectre and Nite Owl, and Sheldon as Dr Manhattan. I look forward to THAT Halloween episode. Can Sheldon get to Mars?

• Like 1

I'd like to see the rest of the family before they wrap for good.

Also, I'm not sure what's happening to Sheldon after his journey of self discovery (to Tibet or some other remote place). The trio as Batman, Robyn and Batgirl comes to mind. Or maybe they are more like Silk Spectre and Nite Owl, and Sheldon as Dr Manhattan. I look forward to THAT Halloween episode. Can Sheldon get to Mars?

Maybe, but the problem is that he can come back.

• Like 3

Gotta stop posting here with my phone; embarrassing to "like" your own post...anyway go Leonard & Penny (keeping on topic)

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I like Penny's overall improvement in Season 7 in one aspect. She's not the snooty b*tch she used to be, anymore. Especially in regards to the boy's nerdy/geeky behaviour. She seems to take lightly to it. And that was about time.

However, in her relation with Leonard there's still this annoying aspect of:
"Penny, please don't leave leave me. I'll be anything you want me to." (rehash from ep. 7x12 7x13)

Are we ever going to get over with this? Come on, Leonard's not this recluse nerd any more. Many years have past. He has evolved. And what's more important: We, as an audience, have evolved. We've seen enough of this submissive behaviour on Leonard's side over the years.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't consider her a catch, but ... enough is enough.

Especially when considering the moments/relationships he had with other women over the years: Priya, Summer Glau, Alex, The Comicbook Girl ...

The heart wants, what the heart wants, and Leonard's heart wants Penny. Even in the middle of those other relationships, he always came back to Penny for advice, companionship or just hanging out with his closest friend, Penny.

• Like 2

The heart wants, what the heart wants, and Leonard's heart wants Penny. Even in the middle of those other relationships, he always came back to Penny for advice, companionship or just hanging out with his closest friend, Penny.

That goes for both of them, she is love to him, he wouldn't change her and he is her Ernie. From season 6 we know Penny expects to be with Leonard now forever, but season 7 shows us a little of why she is having trouble commiting to him, she feels that marriage means she has to give up her dreams. I think the car was a turning point for her, she saw Leonard as a partner and together they would help her pursue her dreams. She will not propose to him Thursday because he is the only good thing she has, she will propose because she now wants a partner in life and together she knows they are both stronger.

• Like 4

The heart wants, what the heart wants,

It's not a question about whether this is reasonable/realistic.  It's rather about wanting something more entertaining.

No one should argue about the fact whether this kind of "broken" relationship can even exist.  It most surely can.  It just gets annoying after a while.

It's not a question about whether this is reasonable/realistic.  It's rather about wanting something more entertaining.

No one should argue about the fact whether this kind of "broken" relationship can even exist.  It most surely can.  It just gets annoying after a while.

From my perspective the annoying part might be over. It was the indecision that annoyed me. Now Penny and Leornard seem to be on the same page I think I will enjoy them as a couple more.

• Like 1

From my perspective the annoying part might be over. It was the indecision that annoyed me. Now Penny and Leornard seem to be on the same page I think I will enjoy them as a couple more.

And from my perspective, it hasn't been annoying at all, it's been quite entertaining, YMMV. Except for The Occupation Recalibration, I don't remember Leonard being whiny(and that one instance is understandable, since he turned down her proposal).  Just using one example, when there are other counter-examples all year, seemed a bit off.

• Like 2

We've been waiting for almost seven years, you'd think a couple more days wouldn't be so bad... yet it is!

• Like 5

Sometimes I think maybe it would've been better to be unspoiled right now, but...no, I'm happy to know what's coming even if Thursday seems to be taking forever to get here.

• Like 3

I like the way they have built up to Thursday, as last week's episode really focused on Lenny together away from the group. It was clear that they are as close as they've ever gotten at the funeral. An engagement is logical now. In some respects, it wasn't quite time until now. They've worked their way through some serious stuff, and some fun too. They've stayed together in spite of issues, and worked through them. This Thursday will not be quite as satisfying without out the seven years prior to it. Just like with Penny's ILY. When it came, it was beautiful. I suspect that the engagement will be too.

• Like 5

100% in. Nice to look forward to this. Hope they linger in the moment.

After all of these years waiting for this moment, and how Kaley and Johnny get into their character, I believe the scene will come off perfectly!

• Like 6

Hello everyone, this is my first post so apologies if I make mistakes. I don't like to be critical of my favourite show, but for me the fake wedding scenario would have played out better if Penny had simply found the marriage certificate and not remembering on account of being drunk speaks to Zack who thought it was a fake wedding... Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

After all of these years waiting for this moment, and how Kaley and Johnny get into their character, I believe the scene will come off perfectly!

Nice to have someone give notice to Johnny & Kaley. Not a popular position in some places, but I think their chemistry is the best on the show...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hello everyone, this is my first post so apologies if I make mistakes. I don't like to be critical of my favourite show, but for me the fake wedding scenario would have played out better if Penny had simply found the marriage certificate and not remembering on account of being drunk speaks to Zack who thought it was a fake wedding... Just my opinion though.

Welcome TBBT78, I like your fan fics, so it's good to see you here. If you have questions, you can ask me here (You don't have PM until your third post) or send me a DM on Twitter.

That episode seemed to be for making Sheldon be funny by him acting like a real guy and it still went with the premise the writers have that serious fights between Leonard and Penny are funny. They also made Penny look a little scatter brained by having her think the wedding was fake, when she is suppose to be the street smart one of the group. I don't think the plots were handled well on that one.

• Like 2

That episode seemed to be for making Sheldon be funny by him acting like a real guy and it still went with the premise the writers have that serious fights between Leonard and Penny are funny. They also made Penny look a little scatter brained by having her think the wedding was fake, when she is suppose to be the street smart one of the group. I don't think the plots were handled well on that one.

The best thing for L/P about that ep was they stayed on the same room to discuss the problem on their own and then resolved it quickly, and we got to see the great lummox Zach (yay). Most other sitcom couples get to play out their dramas in the privacy of their own homes but Leonard and Penny haven't had a home to go to of their own. Maybe that's coming.

• Like 4