The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I actually think more of a storyline may be Penny's parents. In the finale, Beverly gave an approval to Lenny based on Sheldon's approval of the engagement. I found it also interesting when Penny called her parents she talked to her mother.

As far as I can recall Penny is unaware that her dad told Leonard to not give up on her. I guess there is some bridge building to be done between Penny and her dad.

There is a lot of potential the writers could tap in regards to Penny's family and Leonards. The two families interacting will probably be quite funny, each will be nervous about it. 

Given the actress who plays Beverly is usually too busy to appear on the show directly, it might be time to introduce Leonard's father. Just have no idea who they'd cast in the role,

I have sort of pictured John Goodman in the role mostly down to the chemistry he had with Johnny in Roseanne. But I doubt that will happen.

• Like 2

Given the actress who plays Beverly is usually too busy to appear on the show directly, it might be time to introduce Leonard's father. Just have no idea who they'd cast in the role,

I have sort of pictured John Goodman in the role mostly down to the chemistry he had with Johnny in Roseanne. But I doubt that will happen.

I still see Kelsey Grammer in the role. He's already proven that he can play the stuffy intellectual to perfection, not to mention he has the comedic chops.

• Like 2

Something hilarious just struck me: Jim Parsons with just a little additional make-up should play Leonard's father. Everyone could see the resemblance except Leonard & Beverly. It would explain her strange attachment to Sheldon. Penny could say "really. You don't notice anything?..."Sheldon could say "drat. I always seem to miss you father". Okay that's enough....

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't see Leonard's father being anything like Beveryl or Sheldon, because of the picture the writers have already painted of him. We know he used Leonard's hugging machine so he is not an emotional robot like Beveryl. He spent more time at work than with Leonard and went away a lot, which could be because of the nature of his work. We also know that he dumped Beveryl after his children were grown up, which is the obvious indicator of a long bad marriage. So Leonard's father could be more like Leonard than Beveryl.

• Like 1

The more that Lenny took control of their lives the more Sheldon spun out of control and the nastier he got.

I think the group in general is tired of his crap and is starting to react.

My feeling is that Penny wants Leonard stand up to Sheldon and will back Leonard, but will jump in as necessary.

• Like 2

The more that Lenny took control of their lives the more Sheldon spun out of control and the nastier he got.

I think the group in general is tired of his crap and is starting to react.

My feeling is that Penny wants Leonard stand up to Sheldon and will back Leonard, but will jump in as necessary.

As DaisyJane says, Penny manages Sheldon best - because she just ignores him and does what she wants. Leonard needs some of that. That's why Sheldon ran away from home, amongst other things. Leonard started to disregard Sheldon because, now Penny has committed ,Leonard has his priorities sorted - and Sheldon comes second. Um, boo-hoo for Sheldon btw. I'm looking forward to the finale.

S8 could be revolutionary or just more of the same. I'm guessing the latter. But maybe, now they have made their pile of money, they can push the envelope. (Hah).

• Like 2

The thing with Sheldon is Sheldon has been doing the same things for 7 seasons and it's getting really boring now, well to me anyway he not as funny as he used to be just annoying and a bully but the writers and a lots people like him that way so we get more doses of him than the other characters. Too much exposure is not a good thing as we have seen alot in S7. I just don't understand how he get away with being horrible to his friends and it's fine cause he is Sheldon. He's a grown man FFS but it's for comic relief so it's all good. I could see a lot of fans getting bored with the character in the future if this carrys on. So I guess it's a good thing to send him away to let him grow cause they need to do something new with him as they can't keep getting away with mean, selfish Sheldon and expect the audience to keep buying it cause I don't anymore.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Something does have give with Sheldon. Him hugging Leonard while being nice and maybe a little warmth inducing could be too little too late unless his treatment and consideration of his friends doesn't evolve...

Tapatalk

• Like 1

Something does have give with Sheldon. Him hugging Leonard while being nice and maybe a little warmth inducing could be too little too late unless his treatment and consideration of his friends doesn't evolve...

Tapatalk

I really hope so cause I like Sheldon and he can be a good friend when he wants to to be. Just do it often. The hug was nice & sweet until he went back to being Sheldon.

I do not see Sheldon doing something with Leonard and Penny the way he did with Priya because Penny is not Priya.  In all of the episodes, I do not think that Sheldon has ever really won in a direct confrontation with Penny, for example Panty Pinata".  She has no problem standing up to him and the same applies to Leonard.  They both care deeply for Sheldon so they will never look to purposely hurt him, but they will stand up to him when it is called for.

Sheldon crushed Priya, mainly because she more afraid of her parents finding out about Leonard.   

SRAM makes some good points about the opportunity for some good storylines now that Leonard and Penny are engaged.  One in particular is to see how this will work with Leonard's mother., now she can get in both of their heads.  As for Penny's acting career, is she still going to pursue being an actress?  She said at the conclusion of the last episode that she has realized that she no longer needs to be famous to be happy.  I guess they may have left that open.  However, her statement about starting to "make smarter decisions" about her life seemed to imply more than just marrying Leonard. 

I think the 'psychic' was off in that her spirit guides really were talking about Penny and not Sheldon.

If you change the references to Penny (not Sheldon and Amy to Leonard) that then Penny making 'smarter decisions' makes sense.

Psychic: They’re telling me that you have difficulty being close with her him.

Penny: Oh, he I does. He I so does. What should he I do?

Psychic: He You should give himself yourself to this relationship. Once he you does, all his your other pursuits will come into focus.

Penny: Sheldon, do you hear that? I mean, Amy Leonard is the key to your my happiness.

Psychic: Exactly. Personally and professionally. Everything will fall into place once you commit to her him.

That's the basis for Penny's future,

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 5

I think the 'psychic' was off in that her spirit guides really were talking about Penny and not Sheldon.

If you change the references to Penny (not Sheldon and Amy to Leonard) that then Penny making 'smarter decisions' makes sense.

Psychic: He You should give himself yourself to this relationship. Once he you does, all his your other pursuits will come into focus.

Penny: Sheldon, do you hear that? I mean, Amy Leonard is the key to your my happiness.

Psychic: Exactly. Personally and professionally. Everything will fall into place once you commit to her him.

This is genius. I'm really glad others share my sentiments about Sheldon staying exactly the same if not devolving. Shamy fans are always insisting that he has changed so much because of her so-called positive influence, but I don't see it. 

• Like 3

S8 could be revolutionary or just more of the same. I'm guessing the latter. But maybe, now they have made their pile of money, they can push the envelope. (Hah).

Season 8 will just be more of the same, until people realize it's been revolutionary. I liked one of the comments in the reviews for "Gorrilla": "Nothing seems to change, until one day you wake up and realize there's a valley where the mountain used to be. Sort of like we woke up and found that Wolowitz was a responsible married man.

• Like 3

I had this thought too. It's exactly like the prophecy in Harry Potter, it could have been Harry or it could have been Neville. Heheheh. (Let's call it a hidden homage).

(Edit: no I didn't. This was just a homage to eirwinrommel. Heheheh)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

I wonder if penny's last name will be revealed when L/P get married and have to say their vows. Or will they even get married. Do you penny take.... no thats not right, has to be her full name sorry

Season 8 will just be more of the same, until people realize it's been revolutionary. I liked one of the comments in the reviews for "Gorrilla": "Nothing seems to change, until one day you wake up and realize there's a valley where the mountain used to be. Sort of like we woke up and found that Wolowitz was a responsible married man.

Not 100% with you on that, because his behavior now is a result of bim being in the Skinner box of marriage. What was revolutionary is what happened at the end of s3, when Dr Frankenstein and Igor (Raj & Howard) set things in motion.

Penny is evolving too. Leonard not so much. Though I am kind of keen on seeing him rap in a lecture hall. It must be time we saw these guys being super smart again.

• Like 1

Don't you think that after Penny tells her parents that she and Leonard are engaged the her Mother, sister, other relatives and friends will want to meet him?   One of the things I wonder is will they come to California or are we going to see a road trip to Nebraska?

• Like 6

I wonder if penny's last name will be revealed when L/P get married and have to say their vows. Or will they even get married. Do you penny take.... no thats not right, has to be her full name sorry

They'd probably cut to one of their friends making a comment or joke at the key moment and we won't actually hear the name being spoken.

• Like 3

They'd probably cut to one of their friends making a comment or joke at the key moment and we won't actually hear the name being spoken.

Lol. Why didn't I think of that.. I could so see that happening.

• Like 2

snowflake + locket = ring.

leonard + penny IT IS TRUE LOVE

• Like 6

Don't you think that after Penny tells her parents that she and Leonard are engaged the her Mother, sister, other relatives and friends will want to meet him?   One of the things I wonder is will they come to California or are we going to see a road trip to Nebraska?

I'd like to see a road trip to meet Penny's family, that could be great. The wedding itself would probably be in California.

• Like 1

Our luck, we'll see Leonard and Penny coming back from a trip to Nebraska.  They'll talk about the trip, we won't actually see anyone.  

• Like 2

I was thinking of an air force fly-past, but yes a comment or joke would work too. LOL.

• Like 1

Rickfromillinois, I think Penny will probably take Leonard on a road trip so he can meet her family, then I would not be surprised if Leonard took Penny to New Jersey too to meet the rest of his family too.  Perhaps finally we will get to see Leonard's dad.   Will it be ever be revealed what is Penny's first name? Is it Penelope? the episode at the restaurant when they went out in a date and Leonard called Penny, " Penelope " .  And Penny told Leonard , " call me Penny ".

This is genius. I'm really glad others share my sentiments about Sheldon staying exactly the same if not devolving. Shamy fans are always insisting that he has changed so much because of her so-called positive influence, but I don't see it.

i agree about the psychic. But what about the time frame? Penny wanting to wait for her brother to get out of jail. An excuse for the writers to lengthen the engagement considering they don't seem particularly close. Penny also is back to unemployed and while it was touching when they got engaged reality will eventually set in. in regards to Sheldon I would think season 8 will be a season of change. Status quo won't work. As he is right now Leonard and Penny will never be married because they will be too involved with him. a total separation of Leonard and Sheldon will never happened since they are too much of the show. the best bet for total Lenny happiness is a somewhat changed Sheldon staying together with Amy.