The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Our luck, we'll see Leonard and Penny coming back from a trip to Nebraska.  They'll talk about the trip, we won't actually see anyone.

That is what I was thinking, one episode they will say they're going and leave at the end of the episode, the next episode they will talk about it.

I think Penny, will put her foot down more forcefully  if Sheldon really treats Leonard bad and vice versa.  Leonard will stand up for his lady if Sheldon becomes disrespectful .  Leonard has always been the punching bag in the gang, but he always is there for the gang.  Tonstar17, I think next time if Penny's fiancé is disrespected , she will kick some a..ss, forgive my language.

• Like 2

How about Leonard move into 4B and leave Sheldon a gift certificate for towels and a coupon for draino.

• Like 1

The writers have had a tendency to slough off in this summer. The only time they really delivered on a premiere was in season 3 when Penny jumped Leonard. Most premieres are sort of let downs. There was so much hope for the beginning of season seven, but actually they didn't really do much. They were OK episodes, and welcome after a summer off, but nothing really happened as a result of Leonard being gone. We don't even know about the results of the work. Nothing. It almost seems like they don't get in any sort of groove for a couple of episodes. It would be revolutionary if Sheldon were not in the first episode, and didn't simply just turn around after chickening out on his grand search for meaning. Is is really in character for him to be gone more than a couple of days? There is just too much wrong with him for him to function in the real world. The lesson he will likely learn quickly is that normal people will not tolerate his behavior, and he should appreciate those who have looked after him. It would be pretty funny if they did have him be gone for several months to come back and find Amy took up with Stuart.

• Like 1

Castle did the accidental marriage trope on their finale tonight. Just throwing it out there.

shhhhhh. Its too early for me to be spoiled for that. Arrggggghhh.

kidding.

Edit: Off topic. I saw it. And people complain about Sheldon catching a train? Wow.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

The writers have had a tendency to slough off in this summer. The only time they really delivered on a premiere was in season 3 when Penny jumped Leonard. Most premieres are sort of let downs. There was so much hope for the beginning of season seven, but actually they didn't really do much. They were OK episodes, and welcome after a summer off, but nothing really happened as a result of Leonard being gone. We don't even know about the results of the work. Nothing. It almost seems like they don't get in any sort of groove for a couple of episodes. It would be revolutionary if Sheldon were not in the first episode, and didn't simply just turn around after chickening out on his grand search for meaning. Is is really in character for him to be gone more than a couple of days? There is just too much wrong with him for him to function in the real world. The lesson he will likely learn quickly is that normal people will not tolerate his behavior, and he should appreciate those who have looked after him. It would be pretty funny if they did have him be gone for several months to come back and find Amy took up with Stuart.

Well actually s7e1 was Penny and Sheldon spending time together in Leonard's absence. Sheldon actually told Penny for the first time that something she said hurt his feelings. So we did not find out much new about Leonard but we saw something in Sheldon that was new. We also got a reveal that Penny had in her younger years been in a movie she was embarrassed about. We did not know at the time but this was a setup for the squeal.

Sheldon will be in the first episode even if he is riding trains with Eric and not with the group.

Normal people have not been tolerating his behavior most of his life. He avoids normal people as much as possible. Leonard was probably his first real friend.

How is he going to function? He will use his credit card and hopefully not end up in jail. Perhaps he will give tours in a train museum.

But why talk about Sheldon in this thread? I thought you would be talking about wedding plans and guest lists. Or maybe Leonard and Penny will just elope and surprise the gang. I'd say avoid Vegas. They should go to the justice of the peace then head off to Hawaii for a honeymoon. Sheldon would come home to an empty apartment and just wonder what had happened. I'd like it if L/P were married already at the beginning of season 8. It is a big adjustment being married and living with a spouse. One has to have a sense of humor.

• Like 1

Rickfromillinois, I think Penny will probably take Leonard on a road trip so he can meet her family, then I would not be surprised if Leonard took Penny to New Jersey too to meet the rest of his family too. Perhaps finally we will get to see Leonard's dad. Will it be ever be revealed what is Penny's first name? Is it Penelope? the episode at the restaurant when they went out in a date and Leonard called Penny, " Penelope " . And Penny told Leonard , " call me Penny ".[/quote

I think it is, I remember in the S1 episode when penny got hooked on online gaming. her tag name was Queen Penelope I think.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Off topic, I see that Laura Spencer (Emily) is playing the new intern (and love interest for Sweets) on Bones. and if She and Raj hit it like they did Raj is very lucky.

Edited by eirwinrommel

The first two episodes of season 8 practically write themselves. Penny and Leonard are still going to be experiencing a post engagement high, so her living in the guys apartment, to be with Leonard, while Sheldon is gone makes sense, besides all the real food is there. Sheldon returning from his vision quest should be one of the plots in the first two episodes, like Leonard's return in season 7. So for the first two episodes you have dealing with Sheldon's return, Leonard and Penny living situation, and a third plot of Howard and Bernadette one week, and Raj and Emily the next.

BTW I think Emily is perfect for Raj, because she seems like a strong character that would stand up for him when the guys sort of put him down for being shy and feminine. I also think she would be badass with the girls.

• Like 2

I agree that Raj and Emily are a good match.  Even though I did not like her at first, I have come to really like her character.  I think that she will fit in real well with the girls. I can see her and Penny really hitting it off. 

As I have watched the Leonard and Penny proposal a couple of more times, I have watched the proposal scene a couple of more times I have come to see that it does fit well with them.  I think th first couple of episodes of season 8 will focus on the growth of their engagement.  Hopefully there will be revelations concerning Leonard's trip to the North Sea and how it impacted their relationship.  I do hope to see Lenny heading off to Nebraska to meet the rest of her family.  I would love to see Wyatt's reaction to the news that Penny and Leonard are engaged.  Overall, I do not have the same anticipations about the Leonard and Penny for season 8 than I did for this year.  Their engagement seems to have opened up a whole new field of story opportunities.  As for Sheldon, I hope that he does not come back in the first episode.  I would like to see what he discovers about himself.  This also brings up the question of what happens with Amy.  As for her beginning to date Stuart, I am not so certain about that, in fact I wonder what they will do with Stuart next year considering what happens with his store.

• Like 3

I don't see Leonard's father being anything like Beveryl or Sheldon, because of the picture the writers have already painted of him. We know he used Leonard's hugging machine so he is not an emotional robot like Beveryl. He spent more time at work than with Leonard and went away a lot, which could be because of the nature of his work. We also know that he dumped Beveryl after his children were grown up, which is the obvious indicator of a long bad marriage. So Leonard's father could be more like Leonard than Beveryl.

That's kind of why I've had John Goodman in my head as Leonard's father, the actor has got a great range. But I guess they'll probably go for somebody

completely different.

Our luck, we'll see Leonard and Penny coming back from a trip to Nebraska.  They'll talk about the trip, we won't actually see anyone.  

Well that might not be a bad thing, if it goes badly for Leonard he can complain a lot and Penny can either be rolling her eyes or oblivious to Leonard (I suspect he'd complain to the guys fearful of Penny's reaction) or they could both come back looking rather glum. Then a few episodes later you could have one of Penny's family turn up out of

the blue. Say like Penny's younger cousin, a classic sitcom cliche but I think they could do something different with it. I get the feeling we may not

see Penny's brother until the very end of the show. I think we'll probably get to see Penny's father in season 8 if the actor is free.

The first two episodes of season 8 practically write themselves. Penny and Leonard are still going to be experiencing a post engagement high, so her living in the guys apartment, to be with Leonard, while Sheldon is gone makes sense, besides all the real food is there. Sheldon returning from his vision quest should be one of the plots in the first two episodes, like Leonard's return in season 7. So for the first two episodes you have dealing with Sheldon's return, Leonard and Penny living situation, and a third plot of Howard and Bernadette one week, and Raj and Emily the next.

BTW I think Emily is perfect for Raj, because she seems like a strong character that would stand up for him when the guys sort of put him down for being shy and feminine. I also think she would be badass with the girls.

Well I hope they do most of episode one of season 8 with Leonard and Penny in domestic bliss (or the lenny version of it), interspersed with Sheldon making his way back

to Pasadena (perhaps with him explaining to random people what he's been upto. Kind of think he'll have an epiphany about String Theory). Then have him knock on the door at the very end of the episode, cut to Penny and Leonard's expressions or have him scrawling calculations all over 4A with Penny and Leonard thinking they are being robbed and pick it up in Episode 2. It's how I'd do it, slowly edge Sheldon back into the picture. The question is who will Sheldon see first ? Lenny or Amy ?

Emily should work out nicely for Raj's character, as I think she can do what Bernadette did for Howard but in a different way. Plus I think Emily is probably not likely

to put up with Sheldon for too long before she snaps at him. I guess she can be the character that views the group from the outside while slowly being sucked into it.

It might take a bit of time for her to be drawn into Penny's group (Leonard has his), could have some laughs there.

• Like 2

That's kind of why I've had John Goodman in my head as Leonard's father, the actor has got a great range. But I guess they'll probably go for somebody

completely different.

Well that might not be a bad thing, if it goes badly for Leonard he can complain a lot and Penny can either be rolling her eyes or oblivious to Leonard (I suspect he'd complain to the guys fearful of Penny's reaction) or they could both come back looking rather glum. Then a few episodes later you could have one of Penny's family turn up out of

the blue. Say like Penny's younger cousin, a classic sitcom cliche but I think they could do something different with it. I get the feeling we may not

see Penny's brother until the very end of the show. I think we'll probably get to see Penny's father in season 8 if the actor is free.

Well I hope they do most of episode one of season 8 with Leonard and Penny in domestic bliss (or the lenny version of it), interspersed with Sheldon making his way back

to Pasadena (perhaps with him explaining to random people what he's been upto. Kind of think he'll have an epiphany about String Theory). Then have him knock on the door at the very end of the episode, cut to Penny and Leonard's expressions or have him scrawling calculations all over 4A with Penny and Leonard thinking they are being robbed and pick it up in Episode 2. It's how I'd do it, slowly edge Sheldon back into the picture. The question is who will Sheldon see first ? Lenny or Amy ?

Emily should work out nicely for Raj's character, as I think she can do what Bernadette did for Howard but in a different way. Plus I think Emily is probably not likely

to put up with Sheldon for too long before she snaps at him. I guess she can be the character that views the group from the outside while slowly being sucked into it.

It might take a bit of time for her to be drawn into Penny's group (Leonard has his), could have some laughs there.

I agree, I so want Leonard and Penny to have some post engagement bliss for a couple of episodes. It would funny if the actually got sickenly sweet with each other, until their friends bring them back to reality. I just could see Bernadette telling them to get over themselves when it gets to be too much.

You also hit on the million dollar question, who will Sheldon go see first, when he comes back, Amy or Lenny. Shamy shippers want to know.

• Like 4

How about season 8 premiere beginning as a dream sequence like s7? Leonard and Penny are flying off on honeymoon to Switzerland and when they get there they realise Sheldon has invited himself along when he appears out of the bathroom just as they kiss and fall onto the bed. Penny jolts awake and says Holy crap on a cracker! a bit evil I guess because it would make the viewer think at first that we've missed out on the wedding. Just a random thought while in travelling home on the bus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Likely he will see Lenny first, it just seems that way

That would infer some drama between them then. I could then see Penny making or even having Leonard taking Sheldon over to Amy's apartment immediately, but her not wanting to see him.

I think Lenny are going to be in full blown Shamy shipping mode in season 8.

• Like 2

I agree, I so want Leonard and Penny to have some post engagement bliss for a couple of episodes. It would funny if the actually got sickenly sweet with each other, until their friends bring them back to reality. I just could see Bernadette telling them to get over themselves when it gets to be too much.

You also hit on the million dollar question, who will Sheldon go see first, when he comes back, Amy or Lenny. Shamy shippers want to know.

Bernadette would be the one to do that, however I think Sheldon would burst that particular bubble by knocking on the door. Though Amy might burst the lenny bubble i.e. They let Sheldon go, so Amy may decide she wants to get some revenge.

Sheldon might decide to get back at Leonard for hiding in Penny's apartment when he returned from the North Sea research trip.

Likely he will see Lenny first, it just seems that way

Probably, with Amy appearing not long after chomping at the bit to get her hands on Sheldon.

• Like 1

How about season 8 premiere beginning as a dream sequence like s7? Leonard and Penny are flying off on honeymoon to Switzerland and when they get there they realise Sheldon has invited himself along when he appears out of the bathroom just as they kiss and fall onto the bed. Penny jolts awake and says Holy crap on a cracker! a bit evil I guess because it would make the viewer think at first that we've missed out on the wedding. Just a random thought while in travelling home on the bus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worse, I can see Sheldon doing that in 'real life' and not a dream (airport scene).

Edited by eirwinrommel

He's going straight back to Leonard and Penny, like it or not they play a far more significant role in his life than Amy does. Probably always will, to be brutally honest. 

• Like 3

He's going straight back to Leonard and Penny, like it or not they play a far more significant role in his life than Amy does. Probably always will, to be brutally honest. 

I agree and I wonder if it's because like Leonard said they have known him longer.

But with respect to Lenny and Season 8, I'm hoping something positive will come out of Sheldon's adventures.  A bit of growing up possibly.  Learning to play better with others...

• Like 3

Can we stop talking about the big baby and talk about the lenny show or who likes strawberry pop tarts. I do now. No..

• Like 2

Can we stop talking about the big baby and talk about the lenny show or who likes strawberry pop tarts. I do now. No..

We sort of are because we are talking about the impact Sheldon will have on Lenny in season 8.  I think we are wondering if he is really going to try and keep things the same and try and make Lenny keep taking care of him.  I think most of us want Lenny to be a little more independent of the big baby and want him turned over to Amy, but we feel when he comes back he will make things worse by coming to Lenny first to do his whinning.

• Like 2

I'm wondering when they will put Leonard in a situation where he has to defend his choice and stick up for Penny. Apparently his mum approved of her but Proton made him squirm a bit. They picked this unlikely thing and now they have to live with it. It's entirely valid for them but their two worlds are different, outside the hermetic bubble of 4A/4B. Could be funny.

• Like 1