The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

You know it would be funny if Penny got a job as a spokesperson for Priceline.  I would like to see Shatner do a guest spot on the show.  It would really be funny if Shatner hit on her.

Sadly not a gag that travels. Maybe Shatner does, but not the brand.

• Like 1

Sadly not a gag that travels. Maybe Shatner does, but not the brand.

Yeah you are probably right.  I guess I'm one of those ones that just doesn't want her to completely fail at acting.  I want her to make a living by it, not be a star, but make a living.  I would love an April episode, where Sheldon and Leonard do Penny's taxes and find out she made more than them that year, do to her acting parts.

• Like 2

Yeah you are probably right.  I guess I'm one of those ones that just doesn't want her to completely fail at acting.  I want her to make a living by it, not be a star, but make a living.  I would love an April episode, where Sheldon and Leonard do Penny's taxes and find out she made more than them that year, do to her acting parts.

I think everyone wants her to have a professional win. I'd love her to become another cult figure and be on a comic con panel with James Earl Jones. Or with Kaley Cuoco - they could do a split screen.But getting some work first would be terrific.

• Like 3

Well the director said that he had enough filmed of her when she was still partially human so there is a possibility that Serial Ape-ist gets released.  Now I don't think she'd be up for an Oscar or anything but her tenacity at playing a role that was kinda silly could be seen by someone and that leads to an offer of more substance.

Also there is something about good things happening when you stop trying so hard or wanting it too much.  I think she's going to be successful...

• Like 4

Serial Apeist 2 needs to be released, become a geek favourite,  Penny ends up on a Comic Con panel, the boys get to ask her questions, gives her exposure and leads to more roles in similar schlock which Penny embraces as she moves closer to the dark side that is the world of Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj. No more embarrassment at knowing what they are talking about because she is part of it. And Howard gets that 3D printer back and makes a Penny Serial Apeist action figure for Leonard!

Yeah?!? Nah?!? Dunno!

• Like 3

Nice that penny was wearing the locket & ring all through the final. So cute. Hand holding at the station, big fan of it.So spooky in here very quiet..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I know some posters thought it was harsh, but I thought it was fantastic that Penny told Amy to get out (after several hints from Leonard) when they were having dinner alone in 4A. It showed how she wanted to spend time with her man and only her man!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 6

I know some posters thought it was harsh, but I thought it was fantastic that Penny told Amy to get out (after several hints from Leonard) when they were having dinner alone in 4A. It showed how she wanted to spend time with her man and only her man!

Tapatalk

Yeah, but those were Shamies. They think the world revolves around Sheldon and Amy so what do you expect.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

Didnt think it was rude. Amy knew what was going on but just wanted to hang out.but sorry lenny needs to catch a break sometimes.Alone time would be good.

• Like 3

A lot of people just get over emotional about their ship, if they think about it Penny is the strongest Shamy shipper of the group and they'll forgive her.

• Like 1

A lot of people just get over emotional about their ship, if they think about it Penny is the strongest Shamy shipper of the group and they'll forgive her.

Not to be rude (which is a way of foreshadowing that I'm about to be rude) - L/P are nothing but supportive of Sheldon and of Amy - and trying to see it otherwise hurts my eyes and brain. Leonard and Penny want the best for Sheldon and the best for Amy - they just don't want to be always run over by either of the other of them. Leonard and Penny have always been pretty good at respecting boundaries. Penny is can be especially good at defending her own space, but Leonard sucks at it - the whole Servitude Agreement stands as testament to that. Now he is motivated, the whole thing should be out the window and the other party will just have to suck that change up too. The dynamic of tip-toeing around the GTB may well be over!  So, Amy might find a little less flexibility from Penny - as shown in the finale. I think the nursery days are over.

And Penny should let rip on Beverly as well - if not in her face at least to Leonard.

• Like 4

Didnt think it was rude. Amy knew what was going on but just wanted to hang out.but sorry lenny needs to catch a break sometimes.Alone time would be good.

Catch a break?

First date - Howard and Raj upset the goodnight kiss with their spy camera

Return from North Pole kiss - Sheldon meltdown and runs away

Sheldon working with Raj - Howard interrupts them on the couch and doesn't get the hint

Valentines Day in Switzerland - Sheldon begs and begs and Penny relents ( after getting sick )

Love Car hotel sex - Raj interrupts them 

Makeout on the couch in the blackout - Sheldon imposes yet again

Ay Papi possible makeout - Sheldon imposes yet again with Amy problem

Valentine's Day dinner - ex boyfriend proposes to ex girlfriend in same restaurant (although this did lead to something good but still...)

First Dinner Party - Howard has the Father letter meltdown and everyone leaves to go cheer him up ( again finishes OK eventually)

Leonard farewell - Sheldon pain in the backside in the backseat

Leonard return - Sheldon meltdown AGAIN

Valentines Day (Locomotion episode) - night alone stuffed up by Cinnamon eating the chocolate (even the animal cast members interrupt them!)

Engagement announcement - Raj steals limelight with Emily sex announcement

And finally the newly engaged romantic dinner interrupted by Amy which they are getting all this grief for

Catch a break - I'm amazed they ever got around to having sex in this show with all the interruptions from their friends and their problems !!

• Like 9

[snip]

And Penny should let rip on Beverly as well - if not in her face at least to Leonard.

I don't remember Penny being around to hear Beverly directly.

Beverly as a mother in law. There has got to be some potential comedy there. As written so far Beverly is rather formidable. Penny would not stand a chance unless she were to resort to violence.

• Like 2

Catch a break?

First date - Howard and Raj upset the goodnight kiss with their spy camera

Return from North Pole kiss - Sheldon meltdown and runs away

Sheldon working with Raj - Howard interrupts them on the couch and doesn't get the hint

Valentines Day in Switzerland - Sheldon begs and begs and Penny relents ( after getting sick )

Love Car hotel sex - Raj interrupts them 

Makeout on the couch in the blackout - Sheldon imposes yet again

Ay Papi possible makeout - Sheldon imposes yet again with Amy problem

Valentine's Day dinner - ex boyfriend proposes to ex girlfriend in same restaurant (although this did lead to something good but still...)

First Dinner Party - Howard has the Father letter meltdown and everyone leaves to go cheer him up ( again finishes OK eventually)

Leonard farewell - Sheldon pain in the backside in the backseat

Leonard return - Sheldon meltdown AGAIN

Valentines Day (Locomotion episode) - night alone stuffed up by Cinnamon eating the chocolate (even the animal cast members interrupt them!)

Engagement announcement - Raj steals limelight with Emily sex announcement

And finally the newly engaged romantic dinner interrupted by Amy which they are getting all this grief for

Catch a break - I'm amazed they ever got around to having sex in this show with all the interruptions from their friends and their problems !!

Yes, but in all that time they never had Sheldon pat them on the shoulder, kiss them on the cheek and wish them well as they go off to discover themselves. So they have been fortunate, really, for the opportunity to render service.

"How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?" Um, LOL.

• Like 2

Beverly as a mother in law. There has got to be some potential comedy there. As written so far Beverly is rather formidable. Penny would not stand a chance unless she were to resort to violence.

Yeah not sure junior rodeo would work on Beverly! And she can't call Bev's mom to finish the war off like the battle against Sheldon in Piñata.

Of course, she does know alcohol is Beverly's kryptonite so.......... maybe she has a shot with that.

Yes, but in all that time they never had Sheldon pat them on the shoulder, kiss them on the cheek and wish them well as they go off to discover themselves. So they have been fortunate, really, for the opportunity to render service.

"How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?" Um, LOL.

True but he has broken into their bedrooms several times while they were in bed.

• Like 2

Yeah not sure junior rodeo would work on Beverly! And she can't call Bev's mom to finish the war off like the battle against Sheldon in Piñata.

Of course, she does know alcohol is Beverly's kryptonite so.......... maybe she has a shot with that.

We will have to see. Penny's been pretty good at finding means of escalations. Maybe she can play Dad off against Mum. Hopefully she never backs Mum against Leonard again, as she did in the "The Raider's Minimisation". Talk about apoplexy. I almost sent a stern telegram to the producers, even though that episode had my favourite Penny line, "Oh, my God, you still go left!", delivered with the BEST naughtily amused expression I've seen her deploy.

Edit. Re break-ins. They were being blessed. Many dream of just this thing.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

Tapatalk

II think it also showed what a good relationship P has with A that she can say "get out" so abruptly and A just leaves,I'm sure their friendship will not be affected at all.

• Like 9

II think it also showed what a good relationship P has with A that she can say "get out" so abruptly and A just leaves,I'm sure their friendship will not be affected at all.

And the tone of her voice was neither angry nor nasty as some have taken it. It was just a firm statement in a firm tone she has used before with Amy. The least important issue of the episode IMO.

• Like 6

Well the director said that he had enough filmed of her when she was still partially human so there is a possibility that Serial Ape-ist gets released. Now I don't think she'd be up for an Oscar or anything but her tenacity at playing a role that was kinda silly could be seen by someone and that leads to an offer of more substance.

Also there is something about good things happening when you stop trying so hard or wanting it too much. I think she's going to be successful...

Not the craziest idea. "The Goodbye Girl" had a similar plot line. The Richard Dreyfuss character is in an off-Broadway play that was truly awful but a big time director was there and said if he could do that part, he could anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Amy did the same thing as Howard in season 3. They knew they were intruding, but was going they could force Lenny to take care of them. Lenny are the surrogate parents of the group, and always have been. The rest of the group are all beta members.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Penny only sided with Beverly in Raiders Minimization because Leonard started using the "his mother makes him sad" to manipulate her.  She was simply paying him back.  Though, I think we have to remember that Howard sold him out on that by telling Bernie. 

I do think that Penny will eventually have a confrontation with Leonard's mom. I think that Leonard will eventually have a confrontation with her as well because at some point the actions and attitudes of Leonard's mother towards him has to reach a climax.  I cannot see him tolerating  this for the rest of his life.  And I do think that if Beverly threatens Penny or his relationship with Penny then it will lead to that. 

The episodes with Leonard's mother can be funny, but I am growing tired of her actions and attitude towards her son and that some how she sees Sheldon as superior. She and Sheldon seem to be the ones with the problems, they both think that they are the smartest people in the world.   

• Like 4

True but he has broken into their bedrooms several times while they were in bed.

In Leonard's case he didn't have a lock on his door. And needs to get one if he hasn't already. And in Penny's case, she probably didn't have the chain on her door. In fact the only time I remember anyone using their chain was when Leonard used it during the Halloween Episode in season 1.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Penny probably guesses that Beverly may not approve of her as a match for Leonard. However I think Penny can hold her own if it comes down

to her having to take on Beverly - Academia vs Penny's streetsmarts/heart. Or better yet - Beverly goes on a rant about Penny, Penny's dad overhears marches in and defends Penny.

Tbh I'm more interested in what Leonard's Brother and Sister make of Penny, given the actress who plays Beverley is quite busy it might not

be bad idea to use either the brother or the sister. Lets see how dysfunctional they are thanks to Beverly's unique parenting. Unless of course she came up with

her parenting theories and used Leonard as a test subject rather than a son.

I think it's pretty much a running joke now that Leonard and Penny can't seem to catch a break when they want to get intimate with

each other.

• Like 1

I think Beverly was really mean to leonard in 7x24. What mother says to her son will it make you feel better if your mother's approves of your life choices and when Leonard says Yeah.. beverly says you should work on that. (Not funny in my book) If she was my mother I would disown her. Sometimes I wonder how leonard grew up to be the nice guy he is, putting up with all that crap from his mum and being a punch bag for everyone else. Suprised he hasn't had a breakdown already like Sheldon. I guess he is strong within or just bottles up all the pain which isn't a good thing. But then its all for comedy.

• Like 4

Penny probably guesses that Beverly may not approve of her as a match for Leonard.

I dunno, she said in the ep. that Beverly likes her so maybe not. Could be some conflict if Penny finds out how dismissive Bev was during the skype with Leonard.

• Like 2

My take is there will never be a final takedown in Leonard and Penny vs Beverly, just a periodic cessation of hostilities and not even a truce. The interesting thing is who sides with whom. On this Penny has not yet had the opportunity to show she sides with Leonard, because she didn't hear Beverly and Leonard will spare her, but it has been pinned for later. It will be funny.

Notice Leonard did not Skype his mum with Penny at his side.

• Like 3