The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Notice Leonard did not Skype his mum with Penny at his side.

Well, to be fair, Penny didn't talk to her mother with Leonard there.  It still puzzles me that Penny's mother knew so little about Leonard, considering how excited Wyatt must be.

• Like 2

Penny did the same when talking to her mum. I wonder why!! Though engaged couple's usually do it together when breaking the news to their parents. Moral support but might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well, to be fair, Penny didn't talk to her mother with Leonard there. It still puzzles me that Penny's mother knew so little about Leonard, considering how excited Wyatt must be.

Maybe she been taking marijuana lol.

• Like 2

Not the craziest idea. "The Goodbye Girl" had a similar plot line. The Richard Dreyfuss character is in an off-Broadway play that was truly awful but a big time director was there and said if he could do that part, he could anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Amy did the same thing as Howard in season 3. They knew they were intruding, but was going they could force Lenny to take care of them. Lenny are the surrogate parents of the group, and always have been. The rest of the group are all beta members.

That would be a nice plot for her career to improve.  I hope they give her something she can be proud of, she doesn't have to be a star but a working actress would give her something.  I would love to see her with the girls and group, and someone come up to them and asks her for her autograph.  She could do it for them, then get that little smile on her face when she looks back at the group and tell them that's her fan.  I always thought she could have a part in a TV show where she is only on the show maybe a third of the episodes but she is on every season.  It would be funny if she played a waitress too.  I would really like it if Leonard was somehow the source of the information that got her the part, like maybe he is looking for auditions on the internet for her, and finds one, then talks her in to going and she gets the part.

• Like 3

Well, to be fair, Penny didn't talk to her mother with Leonard there. It still puzzles me that Penny's mother knew so little about Leonard, considering how excited Wyatt must be.

Yes, it just puts something in the tank for later. And Penny's mum is a pending problem too I think. How can it be otherwise?

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

Yes, it just puts something in the tank for later. And Penny's mum is a pending problem too I think. How can it be otherwise?

Really, what are you thinking?  Maybe she won't approve of Leoanrd?  Interesting.

• Like 1

Actually I found that line, "you should work on that" extremely funny in the context of this is a sitcom.

It is not always easy for a nerd to be a parent. I know from experience (although I am quite sure I'm not as bad a parent as Beverly I am no where as successful career-wise as her either).

True. I like the leonard character and it's pains me every time he gets bashed by his mum. I know it's for laughs but after a while it's gets old and you kinda feel sorry for the guy that is leonard.

• Like 1

True. I like the leonard character and it's pains me every time he gets bashed by his mum. I know it's for laughs but after a while it's gets old and you kinda feel sorry for the guy that is leonard.

I did feel that the time his girlfriend used his mother against him.

• Like 3

I did feel that the time his girlfriend used his mother against him.

Yeah I guess he did deserve it that time. But all he wants is acceptance from his mum. Not asking for much. Poor lad.

• Like 2

Really, what are you thinking? Maybe she won't approve of Leoanrd? Interesting.

if not not approve, not understand. I don't know, but she may have been held in reserve for a reason, and Penny has never expressed fondness so conflict = funny.

edit. I'd be sick if she hits on him. But mum could be the fate Penny is desperate to escape from through stardom. There is always a reason people leave home, and sometimes not one reason. We will see.

Yeah I guess he did deserve it that time. But all he wants is acceptance from his mum. Not asking for much. Poor lad.

No, no, no. Never like that! Penny should be his refuge, not side with his lifelong oppressor.

(reaches for pills) Lol.

• Like 1

if not not approve, not understand. I don't know, but she may have been held in reserve for a reason, and Penny has never expressed fondness so conflict = funny.

edit. I'd be sick if she hits on him. But mum could be the fate Penny is desperate to escape from through stardom. There is always a reason people leave home, and sometimes not one reason. We will see.

No, no, no. Never like that! Penny should be his refuge, not side with his lifelong oppressor.

(reaches for pills) Lol.

Ok if you put it like that. Totally agree. Leonard was out of order but penny should never have involved his mum. That was lame. I think she likes penny but doesn't want to admit it to leonard. Got to be 5.6 to reach for the pills :)

• Like 5

It makes a lot of sense that Penny would keep her mother at arms length wrt Leonard. One, she married Wyatt because she was pregnant, as did all the other women in the family. Leonard is a Northeastern upper middle class university professor. Do you really think her mom is going to make a good impression? Beverly is a nightmare, Penny's mom is just normally embarrassing, and Penny clearly isn't too close to her. Penny is trying to move away from her origins. She met Beverly more or less over Leonard's objections. If it had been up to him, Penny wouldn't have met her.

I don't think Raj was trying to steal Lenny's thunder with his announcement. He seem genuinely pleased about the engagement. He is a jerk, but also a romantic.

• Like 3

It makes a lot of sense that Penny would keep her mother at arms length wrt Leonard. One, she married Wyatt because she was pregnant, as did all the other women in the family. Leonard is a Northeastern upper middle class university professor. Do you really think her mom is going to make a good impression? Beverly is a nightmare, Penny's mom is just normally embarrassing, and Penny clearly isn't too close to her. Penny is trying to move away from her origins. She met Beverly more or less over Leonard's objections. If it had been up to him, Penny wouldn't have met her.

This is exactly why I don't think they are going to have a big wedding. Christine Baranski has a tight schedule, so it would be difficult to bring her on the show, and I doubt they're going to want to bring in a fleet of guest star cameos. 

• Like 2

This is exactly why I don't think they are going to have a big wedding. Christine Baranski has a tight schedule, so it would be difficult to bring her on the show, and I doubt they're going to want to bring in a fleet of guest star cameos.

Personally, I think it will be a quick elopement, trying to get away from Sheldon, or a simple ceremony involving just the core cast. At this point, I doubt Leonard would have any interest in having Beverly involved AT ALL. He will give Penny whatever she wants for a wedding, whether it is a big classic Italian duke bash, or a quick grip to Reno.

• Like 1

Well, the show only has room for like 15 people in the one place at one time. So they could shuffle guests through in the warm up to a wedding, whenever. It would be cool if Leonard or Penny interacted with stunt cameos, like Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone - because "Blast from the Past" makes me think of this show everytime, though Leonard is not Adam, and after all, why would they? I only wish, never expect. Not even speculating. Though it should be a bigger deal than Howard's and Bernie's, which means it might be a greater spectacle or an even greater disaster. Not holding breath, but wishing for fun guests, cameo or not.

• Like 2

My daughter came up with a rather odd idea today. Since they are registered celebrants ( they married Howard and Bernadette), they marry themselves,on the couch, since everything about these two is low key and accidental. " so Does that mean we're married? yeah I think so!" LOL. Keeps Sheldon, Beverly, Penny's mom, out of the picture!

But Wyatt can still turn up on the downlow to give away the bride - he has to be there!

• Like 7

My daughter came up with a rather odd idea today. Since they are registered celebrants ( they married Howard and Bernadette), they marry themselves,on the couch, since everything about these two is low key and accidental. " so Does that mean we're married? yeah I think so!" LOL. Keeps Sheldon, Beverly, Penny's mom, out of the picture!

But Wyatt can still turn up on the downlow to give away the bride - he has to be there!

For some reason I find this idea very appealing. Most of the really big moments have been the two of them alone.

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 2

For some reason I find this idea very appealing. Most of the really big moments have been the two of them alone.

And Penny's 'I love you', and her 'I need you' statements were blurted out during an argument. So I suppose they'll get married as part of a fight. that seems to be the only time that Penny can let down her defences.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

And Penny's 'I love you', and her 'I need you' statements were blurted out during an argument. So I suppose they'll get married as part of a fight. that seems to be the only time that Penny can let down her defences.

To say nothing of my favorite Penny statement " Every night you don't kill him in his sleep, Sheldon wins."

• Like 2

I wonder if the writers have already predicted the wedding with Penny's dream.

I hope not, she looked about 12 months pregnant, with triplets.

• Like 3

I wonder if the writers have already predicted the wedding with Penny's dream.

u6eve5uz.jpg

I hope not, she looked about 12 months pregnant, with triplets.

"More like fifteen." -- Walter Gibson (John Cusack), "The Sure Thing"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1