Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I know Penny's apt is small but it offers IMHO a good solution for all. Sheldon has minimal change, Lenny is together, and communal meals can still be at 4A.

To me the living arraignment will be decided when S returns.

• Like 1

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

I do want to see Leonard and Penny take the initiative to move into Leonard's apartment this summer. There's nothing stopping them. Part of me wonders if they'll move Amy into Penny's place before Sheldon gets back.

Except they cannot decide anything about Sheldon's living arrangements without his consent, especially because his name is on the lease.  He hasn't abandoned the apartment and Leonard knows that.  He's apparently planning on checking in more or less everyday, going by Amy's conversation with him and Leonard mentioned that Sheldon had managed to arrange to take a sabbatical.

Besides, and I think this is pretty important, I don't think Leonard would do that to Sheldon.  I think that Leonard might be firm with him about the fact that things are going to change, but I don't think he would just force this particular "choice"--or, more importantly, lack of choice--on Sheldon just because he has the opportunity.

To me, that would make Leonard a jerk of the worst kind.  "Hey, Sheldon's not here, let's just move all this crap across the hall and he can just sit on a tack if he doesn't like it."

While it may seem "logical" for Sheldon to take the smaller apartment across the hall, there's nothing that says he's obligated to do that to accomodate Leonard.  If Sheldon doesn't want to move, he can't be forced to.  Just like in Spoiler Alert, Leonard was the one who didn't want to live with Sheldon, so Leonard was the one who left, rather than saying, "I don't want to live with you anymore--get out."

If Leonard wants to live with Penny, he's certainly free to do so, but that doesn't earn him the right to evict Sheldon just because he's not home.  Would that mean that any time Sheldon were to take a vacation or travel for any reason that he'd have to wonder if he'd come home to find his things thrown out of the apartment?

But like I said, I don't think Leonard would be that inconsiderate to his friend, even for Penny's sake.

• Like 1

Tbh I think we won't get into the nitty gritty of the living arrangements until the end of season 8. What we could see is Penny's

less than spectacular house keeping creeping into Sheldon and Leonard's apartment over the summer, that would cause a bit

of discomfort for Sheldon.

I think it's pretty much clear that Penny and Leonard don't really get on with their mothers. Guest star wise ? I think

they could squeeze in Penny and Leonard's siblings. Penny's brother escapes prison and comes to see her, I think

that would be comedy gold. I really want to see the dynamics of Leonard's family from a different perspective, either

the dad or siblings. And we've barely scratched the surface of Penny's family, just the bits and bobs that Penny

has revealed.

• Like 1

Except they cannot decide anything about Sheldon's living arrangements without his consent, especially because his name is on the lease.  He hasn't abandoned the apartment and Leonard knows that.  He's apparently planning on checking in more or less everyday, going by Amy's conversation with him and Leonard mentioned that Sheldon had managed to arrange to take a sabbatical.

Besides, and I think this is pretty important, I don't think Leonard would do that to Sheldon.  I think that Leonard might be firm with him about the fact that things are going to change, but I don't think he would just force this particular "choice"--or, more importantly, lack of choice--on Sheldon just because he has the opportunity.

To me, that would make Leonard a jerk of the worst kind.  "Hey, Sheldon's not here, let's just move all this crap across the hall and he can just sit on a tack if he doesn't like it."

While it may seem "logical" for Sheldon to take the smaller apartment across the hall, there's nothing that says he's obligated to do that to accomodate Leonard.  If Sheldon doesn't want to move, he can't be forced to.  Just like in Spoiler Alert, Leonard was the one who didn't want to live with Sheldon, so Leonard was the one who left, rather than saying, "I don't want to live with you anymore--get out."

If Leonard wants to live with Penny, he's certainly free to do so, but that doesn't earn him the right to evict Sheldon just because he's not home.  Would that mean that any time Sheldon were to take a vacation or travel for any reason that he'd have to wonder if he'd come home to find his things thrown out of the apartment?

But like I said, I don't think Leonard would be that inconsiderate to his friend, even for Penny's sake.

One thing. We don't know Sheldon's name is the only name on the lease. We know that Sheldon lived there when Leonard moved in. For all we know the previous roommate who Sheldon drove out was the leaseholder. In any case by now (many leases are on a year by year basis) there almost certainly has been a new lease with both Sheldon's and Leonard's names on it.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

One thing. We don't know Sheldon's name is the only name on the lease. We know that Sheldon lived there when Leonard moved in. For all we know the previous roommate who Sheldon drove out was the leaseholder. In any case by now (many leases are on a year by year basis) there almost certainly has been a new lease with both Sheldon's and Leonard's names on it.

Yes, but just because Leonard's name may be on the lease, if Sheldon's name is on it--and I'm sure it would be--then as long as Sheldon has done nothing to violate the terms of the lease, Leonard cannot move him out against his will.

And I would think that Leonard moving Sheldon's things out of the apartment without cause could also be seen as a violation of Sheldon's rights as a lesee.  If the apartment management has no problem with Sheldon as a tenant, then Leonard has no grounds to move him out.

I doubt that Leonard (or Penny) will move anything of Sheldon's. However, he may return to find many, many belongings of Penny's located in 4A

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yes, but just because Leonard's name may be on the lease, if Sheldon's name is on it--and I'm sure it would be--then as long as Sheldon has done nothing to violate the terms of the lease, Leonard cannot move him out against his will.

And I would think that Leonard moving Sheldon's things out of the apartment without cause could also be seen as a violation of Sheldon's rights as a lesee. If the apartment management has no problem with Sheldon as a tenant, then Leonard has no grounds to move him out.

vacant possession.

they can move what they like while he is away and he will just have to make them unwind it if he disagrees. Easier to seek forgiveness than get permission - from Sheldon. And they are not that invested in forgiveness anyway. The power of the ring should prevail. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

One Ring to rule them all...

And I would think that Leonard moving Sheldon's things out of the apartment without cause could also be seen as a violation of Sheldon's rights as a lesee.  If the apartment management has no problem with Sheldon as a tenant, then Leonard has no grounds to move him out.

I'm sure (knowing Sheldon) that there's a provision for one of the roommates leaving for an extended time without giving (at least) 24 hours notice.

I would think that (except for the change) Sheldon would welcome living alone. Since he (as Amy said) finds Leonard an annoying roommate. If as was suggested Sheldon spends the summer riding the rails he should be used to living alone by the time he returns. Unless he's so annoying  they kick him off AMTRACK.

http://www.amtrak.com/onboard-the-train-sleeping-accommodations

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

vacant possession.

they can move what they like while he is away and he will just have to make them unwind it if he disagrees. Easier to seek forgiveness than get permission - from Sheldon. And they are not that invested in forgiveness anyway. The power of the ring should prevail. :)

Why would they move his things without his permission?  They know Sheldon would never grant forgiveness for such violation once he returns.

And as I stated earlier, I really don't think that Leonard and Penny disregard Sheldon's wishes that much.

The power of the ring means that the one getting married, who wants to change his living arrangements, would logically move out.  Sheldon doesn't have any need or requirement to change his living arrangements, Leonard is the one seeking change.

If he wants change, let him go out and find it.  Just because Leonard wants change doesn't mean he has the right to force Sheldon to comply to his desires.  Just because he may want the bigger apartment doesn't mean he's entitled to it, especially by "force".

One Ring to rule them all...

I'm sure (knowing Sheldon) that there's a provision for one of the roommates leaving for an extended time without giving (at least) 24 hours notice.

Probably not if it's SHeldon that leaves.  The Roommate Agreement is skewed in his favor probably much more so than the RelAg.

Why would they move his things without his permission?  They know Sheldon would never grant forgiveness for such violation once he returns.

And as I stated earlier, I really don't think that Leonard and Penny disregard Sheldon's wishes that much.

The power of the ring means that the one getting married, who wants to change his living arrangements, would logically move out.  Sheldon doesn't have any need or requirement to change his living arrangements, Leonard is the one seeking change.

If he wants change, let him go out and find it.  Just because Leonard wants change doesn't mean he has the right to force Sheldon to comply to his desires.  Just because he may want the bigger apartment doesn't mean he's entitled to it, especially by "force".

Probably not if it's SHeldon that leaves.  The Roommate Agreement is skewed in his favor probably much more so than the RelAg.

I would agree, except Sheldon probably never expected that he would be the one that left. Just as he never expected Amy to be sick, and that he'd have to take care of her.

Season 6 episode 10

Sheldon: You’re sick? You poor kid. Well, see ya.

Amy: Sheldon, aren’t you gonna take care of me?

Sheldon: Me? No. No, I’m not that kind of doctor.

Amy: But our relationship agreement clearly states that when one of us is sick, the other must take care of them.

Sheldon: Oh, no, I see the confusion. No, the intent behind that clause was to force you to take care of me when I’m ill. When you’re feeling better, you’ll think that’s funny.

Hehehehe, I can see Leonard and Penny moving a lot of her things in and with Sheldon gone, he's not there to stop it.  After he returns, he may decide that all the changes, made in the apartment to accommodate Penny, are too much for him and moving to 4B may be a better than trying to get used to the new arrangements.    

• Like 9

@phanta. Nup. Force majeure applies, Id say.

And unless Sheldon calls the cops or a lawyer he can't enforce anything. Not even the servitude clauses. Some of his stuff has bordered on criminal abuse anyway and you can't enforceably contract for illegal acts. And Sheldon would represent himself in a civil court before a judge, so we know how that would end.

He will have to negotiate, because if he went in hard he might just get his remedy and L/P would then walk away from him completely. Can't even see him getting civil damages because they will have harmed nothing except his feelings. And many will attest he is already bonkers so he wont get restitution for emotional suffering as boxing his stuff is likely just taking care of it responsibly in the face of his abandonment. They can't dispose it however.

But it won't come to that. :)

• Like 1

I don't think Leonard will move him out because it is Leonard 'the nice guy', even though after the sweater incident, he should have realised what a friend Sheldon really is.  I think Tensor may have a point, Penny might move a lot of stuff into the apartment and Leonard might site the 50/50 clause to justify it.  Wouldn't it be funny if the table reappeared.  All that could drive Sheldon crazy and him leave to go next door just to get away.  I guess the question really is how would the show be with Sheldon across the hall and the meeting place now being Leonard and Penny's, would that work.

• Like 1

I guess the question really is how would the show be with Sheldon across the hall and the meeting place now being Leonard and Penny's, would that work.

It would work just about as well as Leonard moving over to live with Penny. And it works a lot better than Penny and Leonard moving out.

• Like 3

It would work just about as well as Leonard moving over to live with Penny. And it works a lot better than Penny and Leonard moving out.

I think Sheldon's choice will be either move to 4B, or have Penny and Leonard move some distance away. The two of them in 4B and Sheldon alone in 4A is ridiculous. Some sort of compromise will be worked out. Sheldon really had little to bargain with and part of his angst is he knows it. Big changes are coming regardless of his wishes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I guess the question really is how would the show be with Sheldon across the hall and the meeting place now being Leonard and Penny's, would that work.

In my opinion, that's another reason Sheldon would like living across the hall. If having three people in his bedroom feels like a disco-tech What must the entire group in his living room feel like? Also if he has an empty room he'll have pressure from Amy for her to move in. If he's in a one bedroom Apt. he has an excuse to keep her at bay.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

Given that Penny feels this trip is good for him and he will be Ok, she may prefer distance to help Leonard separate from him. Leonard has serious case of Stockholm syndrome right now.

• Like 3

I think that Sheldon would be fine in 4B.  He has told Leonard before that if he, Sheldon, could afford the rent he would ask Leonard to leave.  Of course that was back in season 1 and it could be argued that Sheldon has changed since then. 

• Like 1

What happens of the lease comes up for renewal whole Sheldon is away?? I know fax; PDF: overnight mail....

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Then, his name won't be on the lease. They keep Penny's Apt.. When Sheldon returns he can either switch with Penny or negotiate an agreement with Leonard and Penny. If he decides to move somewhere else, the rent he paid (assuming he's paying any) while he was gone could be considered a storage fee. Of course if he's not paying rent while he's gone the argument is moot and he can find his own place when he returns.

Edited by eirwinrommel

.  If the apartment management has no problem with Sheldon as a tenant,

Really someone wouldn't have a problem with Sheldon.  A first...

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 2

Given that Penny feels this trip is good for him and he will be Ok, she may prefer distance to help Leonard separate from him. Leonard has serious case of Stockholm syndrome right now.

You mean he sympathizes with his tormentor, Sheldon?  You can't mean Penny?

• Like 1

I can see it now. Sheldon rides the rails, until they ban him from AMTRACK, and he's forced to take the bus from where ever they dump him. As a result he's banned from busses and Leonard has to pick him up and drive him back to Pasadena. So he's back by the end of May.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1