Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Perhaps now Leonard will get rid of his horrible looking robe with Penny calling the shots in the bedroom.  Leonard's family seems to be a bit like " The Adams Family " eccentric. I wonder if the day will come when Penny does go with Leonard to a Star Trek convention dressed as a character, show her nerdy side, that would be funny; she dressed as Wonder Woman already. 

• Like 3

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

Perhaps now Leonard will get rid of his horrible looking robe with Penny calling the shots in the bedroom. Leonard's family seems to be a bit like " The Adams Family " eccentric. I wonder if the day will come when Penny does go with Leonard to a Star Trek convention dressed as a character, show her nerdy side, that would be funny; she dressed as Wonder Woman already.

I don't know Trek but someone suggested the "most out there" costume for Penny from TOS that would give Shatner a heart attack now if he saw her in it. Of course around the house, without Sheldon butting on, she can wear the uniforms the Cylons wore on their Battlestars. Can't find a picture because Tripper wouldn't let it go up, I'd say.

• Like 2

I don't know Trek but someone suggested the "most out there" costume for Penny from TOS that would give Shatner a heart attack now if he saw her in it. Of course around the house, without Sheldon butting on, she can wear the uniforms the Cylons wore on their Battlestars. Can't find a picture because Tripper wouldn't let it go up, I'd say.

I'll be happy to hide those posts, to where only admins and mods could see them. ;)

• Like 2

I'll be happy to hide those posts, to where only admins and mods could see them. ;)

To clarify for those who did not follow the BSG reboot, everyone on a Cylon Basestar was having a birthday everyday and dressing in their best, most appropriate suits for the occasion. And no Tensor, I don't have those photos of Penny. David Underhill and I did not get on and I would have deleted them from his phone unseen, had I the chance, anyway. LOL.

• Like 2

To clarify for those who did not follow the BSG reboot, everyone on a Cylon Basestar was having a birthday everyday and dressing in their best, most appropriate suits for the occasion. And no Tensor, I don't have those photos of Penny. David Underhill and I did not get on and I would have deleted them from his phone unseen, had I the chance, anyway. LOL.

LOL

You mean he sympathizes with his tormentor, Sheldon? You can't mean Penny?

I think he sympathizes way too much with Sheldon. In the train station scene, he should have said bon voyage and let him go. Penny had to convince him. Leonard's bought far too much into Sheldon's excessive control freak nature for his own good. When you think about the way Sheldon has treated him and spoke of him, he should be happy to be rid of him. As Beverly is so fond of him, let her worry about Sheldon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

With the engagement I think that Penny's big problem won't be Sheldon. Leonard's mother is far more formidable. L/A will be able to detest her together.

Perhaps, but Penny seems to be able to deal with Beverly, from what I've seen. It's only when Penny lets her into her head, ala "The Maternal Capacitance," that she's toast.

• Like 1

Just had a thought. Penny moves into 4A with Leonard under the cohabitation rider of the roommate agreement (S2.10). At the same time move Amy into 4B. Sounds like a win win for Sheldon, Leonard is still his roommate and he does not have to use public transportation to see Amy.

Sheldon Cooper's Commune Of Hippies

Edited by Squidley
  • Like 1

Just had a thought. Penny moves into 4A with Leonard under the cohabitation rider of the roommate agreement (S2.10). At the same time move Amy into 4B. Sounds like a win win for Sheldon, Leonard is still his roommate and he does not have to use public transportation to see Amy.

Sheldon Cooper's Commune Of Hippies

Except that Leonard said he didn't want to live with Sheldon when he begins to live with Penny.

Sorry, but I still think Leonard would be an a-s-s if he tried to manipulate Sheldon out of his own home.  If Sheldon doesn't want to move out, why should he?  If Sheldon decides he's fine living in a big 2-bedroom apartment by himself, how is it anybody else's business?

Leonard is the one who wants to live with Penny, but if Sheldon doesn't want to move, then L/P have to figure out a different solution, whether it means living in her apartment or going somewhere else.

There's a 2-bedroom apartment in my building that I would love to move into--by myself.  There's a guy living there now, by himself.

If Sheldon feels he can afford it and he doesn't feel like he needs a roommate, then if Leonard really wants to live with Penny, he'll have to figure out where to go--the may most normal people would.

Sheldon shouldn't have to be made to give up his apartment just because Leonard wants the bigger place to himself.  He can't just snatch it from SHeldon.  Or if he did, he'd be a jerk.

At the end of the episode, Leonard seemed content with the idea that Sheldon wasn't going to be gone forever and that having arranged for a sabbatical from the university, he wasn't cutting ties altogether, so I don't think Leonard is hellbent on changing things without Sheldon's agreement.

Despite all the Sheldon-dislike among many Lenny fans (and I'm not addressing this to you, specifically, Squidley), Leonard doesn't hate Sheldon and neither does Penny and they don't seem bent on getting rid of him.

• Like 1

I think he sympathizes way too much with Sheldon. In the train station scene, he should have said bon voyage and let him go. Penny had to convince him. Leonard's bought far too much into Sheldon's excessive control freak nature for his own good. When you think about the way Sheldon has treated him and spoke of him, he should be happy to be rid of him. As Beverly is so fond of him, let her worry about Sheldon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Okay I understand now. I really thought the co-dependency might have started to fall apart when Sheldon tortured Leonard with the sweater, but no such luck. So maybe now being engaged to Penny, she can save him from the dark side.

• Like 1

Except that Leonard said he didn't want to live with Sheldon when he begins to live with Penny.

Sorry, but I still think Leonard would be an a-s-s if he tried to manipulate Sheldon out of his own home. If Sheldon doesn't want to move out, why should he? If Sheldon decides he's fine living in a big 2-bedroom apartment by himself, how is it anybody else's business?

Leonard is the one who wants to live with Penny, but if Sheldon doesn't want to move, then L/P have to figure out a different solution, whether it means living in her apartment or going somewhere else.

There's a 2-bedroom apartment in my building that I would love to move into--by myself. There's a guy living there now, by himself.

If Sheldon feels he can afford it and he doesn't feel like he needs a roommate, then if Leonard really wants to live with Penny, he'll have to figure out where to go--the may most normal people would.

Sheldon shouldn't have to be made to give up his apartment just because Leonard wants the bigger place to himself. He can't just snatch it from SHeldon. Or if he did, he'd be a jerk.

At the end of the episode, Leonard seemed content with the idea that Sheldon wasn't going to be gone forever and that having arranged for a sabbatical from the university, he wasn't cutting ties altogether, so I don't think Leonard is hellbent on changing things without Sheldon's agreement.

Despite all the Sheldon-dislike among many Lenny fans (and I'm not addressing this to you, specifically, Squidley), Leonard doesn't hate Sheldon and neither does Penny and they don't seem bent on getting rid of him.

I think this living arrangement thing is becoming a circular argument across multiple threads where it is brought up with the theme being phantagrae vs the rest on the fairness of Leonard suggesting the switch vs Lenny should get their happiness and bad luck Sheldon vs opinions on how lease agreements work. I think everything has been said about it multiple times.

For me it was a finale driven suggestion among others and we should just wait to see how it's played out.

I do agree with phantagrae on the last point, though. Lenny don't hate Sheldon and whatever happens will need to be a mutual decision in the interest of both parties. The relationship the three have, despite all the sitcom inspired problems, is essentially strong and won't be wrecked by an attempted coup to claim land rights in absentia.

• Like 3

@It... I disrespectfully disagree. Lol. Sheldon should be expelled and go live in Sheldonopolis. :)

No room for reasonableness here. Hehehe. Plenty of room for wishing. Let Phantae continue. If she wins her case there is a job for her writing on "Rake". (the ABC show in Oz, not the US version, which I think got canned).

But I think Sheldon will be back, writs in hand. And then we will see who has the best lawyers. Can I hear any call out for Denny Crane? That would be cool.

• Like 1

Yep a mom swap, clearly Beverly has more affection for Sheldon that her own son.  But Sheldon's mom is totally deferent, she loves Sheldon but understands Leonard but does have affection for  him.  Sheldon's mom is a normal mom.

Sheldon's mom feels sorry for Leonard on how he is treated by Beverly.  The moms could not be together in the same room; fission reaction thus causing chaos.  I think Penny will not stand by and see Beverly treating Leonard horribly.  Penny will defend her man.

• Like 2

Phanta, no one would be forcing Sheldon of his home (it's just as much Leonard's home BTW) as he has already willfully vacated it for an undisclosed amount of time. They shouldn't be expected to hold their breath and put their lives on hold while he runs around on some train.

• Like 1

*whispers* if Sheldon is phoning in then Amy will be reporting back to him on any changes. Potential there for a snake in the garden (or an early recall). Things won't ever run smooth for Leonard. Too much to hope for. I think stronger locks make more sense. And a pit bull. LOL.

• Like 1

*whispers* if Sheldon is phoning in then Amy will be reporting back to him on any changes. Potential there for a snake in the garden (or an early recall). Things won't ever run smooth for Leonard. Too much to hope for. I think stronger locks make more sense. And a pit bull. LOL.

Not a bad plot idea. Then when Sheldon returns, BOTH him AND Amy can bash Leonard with a pillow - Sheldon can use his spot cushion - while Penny looks aloofly at her ring before telling them both to "get out" sternly, thus start yet another flame bait war between Shamies and Lennies!

• Like 2

Perhaps, but Penny seems to be able to deal with Beverly, from what I've seen. It's only when Penny lets her into her head, ala "The Maternal Capacitance," that she's toast.

Things could potentially be a quite different now that Penny is more than some waitress with father issues and a subject for some brain scans.

Actually this could potentially give Leonard an opportunity to stand up to his mother and impress Penny. That could drop Beverly's jaw.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

I agree that Leonard just tossed the idea out of having Sheldon move across the hall. The sense I got was that he hadn't developed any sort of plan, except that he and Penny would live together without Sheldon. It remains to be seen what this means exactly, as in how much without Sheldon. One would guess that they don't need him too far away if having him or Leonard across the hall is sufficient to quality as living without Sheldon. I don't think that there is anything suggesting that Leonard would force him out. I really don't think Leonard and Penny have given it any real thought, and are still basking in the engagement glow. I think Sheldon's place in the apartment is secure as he wants it to be. Possibly he will give Leonard and Penny permission to move things around while he travels the rails. Sabbaticals are rarely given for less than six months at a time, and generally for a year. If President Siebert has Sheldon on sabbatical, I doubt he will allow him to return early. The university can insist that he stay gone for the full time.

The one thing that bugged me about the finale was Amy beating up on Leonard for not restraining Sheldon from leaving. I get that she is disappointed and frustrated, but it sure as hell isn't Leonard's fault. Sheldon assumed that he would be able to live with Leonard and Penny forever, and earlier in the season, they made it clear that wasn't happening. In the end, the only out of the blue event in the finale was the comic book store burning down. Leonard and Penny eventually engaged, not wanting to live with Sheldon, Sheldon being expected to continue working on string theory, and Amy wanted to move in with him are all things that have been well-known for some time. Given that Sheldon ignored the not living with Sheldon thing, he would surely ignore any possibility of Leonard and Penny breaking up. That's actually far more disruptive to his life than them getting engaged and wanting to live without him. I do strongly agree that whether in 4A or 4B, Leonard had better get Howard to hook him up with some serious NASA locks. Otherwise Penny will go all Nebraska on him if he interrupts coitus.

• Like 3