Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

When Penny called Leonard "Padawan" it seemed as she was the teacher and Leonard was the student. Kinda felt like transfer of student from Sheldon to Penny.

Also when Leonard commented on Penny's cooking, Penny's reaction was to lack a better term submissive.

• Like 3

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

When Penny called Leonard "Padawan" it seemed as she was the teacher and Leonard was the student. Kinda felt like transfer of student from Sheldon to Penny.

Didn't pick up on this, but very interesting

But hamerman, the spot is far more than the couch and cushion, despite the fuss he made with the paintball stain.

“In the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm and yet not so close as to cause perspiration. In the summer it’s directly in the path of a cross breeze created by opening windows there and there. It faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion. I could go on but I think I’ve made my point.” 

​He can't just move the spot to Penny's place - although he did find a suitable spot in her apartment after much investigation in Tangerine.

This points out Sheldon's dilemma. He can keep His Spot in 4A and lose Lenny to distance, or move across the hall and give up His Spot. What Sheldon wants, he can't have. He wants stasis, and that is simply not possible. It is not even a given that if he were willing to move to 4B that Lenny would want to be across the hall from him. Invariably, Sheldon would want to visit HIs Spot and would try to spend as much time as possible there. He clearly doesn't respect anyone's territorial boundaries when he wants something (just as President Siebert). All of the assumptions above regarding His Spot are based on the idea that the TV doesn't move. If Penny moves in, she will want to nest and take ownership of the apartment. It would not be a continuation of the current dynamic, as that would be truly ridiculous. Lenny will give the couch to Sheldon, the TV will move, the table will come out, and things will no longer be the same. This is actually the best he can hope for. 

• Like 3

But hamerman, the spot is far more than the couch and cushion, despite the fuss he made with the paintball stain.

“In the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm and yet not so close as to cause perspiration. In the summer it’s directly in the path of a cross breeze created by opening windows there and there. It faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion. I could go on but I think I’ve made my point.” 

​He can't just move the spot to Penny's place - although he did find a suitable spot in her apartment after much investigation in Tangerine.

That is a huge point at the end. He even asked Penny to move furniture so he could take full advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

That is the point. He found a spot in Penny's Apt..That means if they put the couch there so that his seat on the couch is in his spot at Penny's he will have the benefits of his spot and control over the rest of the Apt. He won't even have to share the bathroom with anyone but Amy (assuming that he even lets her in). Since He would have the smaller Apt. there is no reason to have the group over at his place. The entire Apt. could become an extension of his bedroom (no visitors). In addition he'd have room to set up his train set and leave it setup.

In a related note in the process of switching Apt's Amy's giant picture of Her and Penny could have an 'accident'.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

That is the point. He found a spot in Penny's Apt..That means if they put the couch there so that his seat on the couch is in his spot at Penny's he will have the benefits of his spot and control over the rest of the Apt. He won't even have to share the bathroom with anyone but Amy (assuming that he even lets her in). Since He would have the smaller Apt. there is no reason to have the group over at his place. The entire Apt. could become an extension of his bedroom (no visitors). In addition he'd have room to set up his train set and leave it setup.

In a related note in the process of switching Apt's Amy's giant picture of Her and Penny could have an 'accident'.

Yeah except that spot scene was yet another of those one off, never to be mentioned again moments these writers are famous fornever referring back to . That was end of Season 1. He's been back in that apartment countless times and never looked for that spot since that scene. That kind of canon continuity is unheard of with these writers.

• Like 2

Re his spot. Um, he has to get over that. But he got over other things.

Also when Leonard commented on Penny's cooking, Penny's reaction was to lack a better term submissive.

You could say accepting or reasonable or chagrined. She didn't arc up, which is how she used to respond to criticism. Or mature. Some will say broken, because it suits an agenda.

With regards to the pillow whacking, keep in mind that Penny has been on the receiving end as well:

tumblr_mod2c9vqjk1rj8bvzo1_250.gif

Best not to intervene.

I think it's an old joke now. I'm for them calling the whacking off. Its had it's three runs and they should park it.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

I think it will be fascinating to see Sheldon trying to live alone, even with Lenny across the hall. Remember he had bad dreams when Leonard was gone, and high jacked Penny's bed. I thought that was seriously out of character, as he slept in a bed that was still warm from a girl. the premise of next season could have two facets - Sheldon tries to Live Alone and Leonard and Penny Play House. You could have all three having discussions about the shortcomings of the new situation.

One problem with not having Lenny in 4A is that it has been amply proven that the group is Leonard-centric. That is, the group meets where ever Leonard lives. If Sheldon is there alone, no one will hang out there but Amy (who of course will be pressing Sheldon to let her sleep over). Leonard in 4B is simply unworkable from the standpoint of the group dynamics. Furthermore, Sheldon has been such a PITA that the group is even less likely to hang there. One must also recall that Bernie and Amy are Penny's posse, so having Penny in with Leonard now is a double draw to the group. The writers have effectively painted themselves in a corner, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You have a point. Just remember what the Road Runner used to do with paint. Lol. It will be fine/lame. Or flame. Or they break the engagement. Ho ho ho oh oh oh oh. Let's stress about that option. LOL.

OH NO!

" Its me or Sheldon. Leonard. Decide now or the engagement is over!"

"Uhhmm!......"

"DId you just say, Uhhmm?"

The folks over at ShennyHQ are plotting their downfall as we speak.........

• Like 4

It really doesn't make sense to split up Lenny. Shoot, Bernie and Howard actually have real problems. Lenny has had seven years to sort things out. I think they're past breaking up. Really, moving Sheldon to 4B just changes him to the frequent drop in guest. Over the years some of his funniest moments have been walking in on Lenny while they were making out. Having Penny and Sheldon fight over the constant violation of Lenny space would be hilarious. The writers like having Penny and Sheldon get into it, so having Penny fight for Leonard turf could be wonderful.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

OH NO!

"Uhhmm!......"

Lol. Yeah. But no. I can't say for sure, but I'd guess Sheldon heading alone into the sunset is where they press pause. It's Lorre and his penchant for the unexpected (Wheaton!!!) I'd dread. Not really. Could be worse. George R R Martin could guest write. The paint would be red. Hehehe.

• Like 1

OH NO!

"Uhhmm!......"

That assumes the Shennies even acknowledge the engagement.  They probably maintain that it's (at most) all a ploy by Penny to get Sheldon's attention.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

Season eight might focus more on Raj's relationship with Emily, every other couple is paired, except Shamy, I think Sheldon might live be in Neptune and Amy in Saturn still; both have some AU to find each other.  Lenny to help Shamy to get closer.

• Like 1

I hope that the Shennies continue to enjoy disappointment, 'cause that's all they're going to get from this. Penny's possessiveness of Leonard is just the start. It won't be Penny trying to get Leonard to leave Sheldon behind, she will get between them and warn Sheldon off. At most, you'll get a scene like at the end of "Superbad". The guys will look at each other over their shoulders as their girlfriend/fiancée leads them away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm for them calling the whacking off.

Just curious if  "whacking off" is slang for the same thing in Australia as it is here in NA

Edited by gsxdoug
  • Like 3

The cushion incident was not funny imo it's shows again and again how the writers like to use leonard as everybody's punch bag. Getting bored of it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 2

The next time Leonard brings out his lightsaber he need to have one of these.

Though I'd think he could make his own.

or at least one of these

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-wickedly-bright-flashlight-can-cook-an-egg-86613883184.html

LOL. Fry an egg.

I was trying to think of something funny about laser hair removal and Penny, but it ended badly, with missing limbs... so too surreal. Maybe a joke about not having to go to a salon if Leonard did something useful and had a real job that made things.

...and the next time anyone pillow fights with Leonard, Penny should be in the purple nightie. Stereotypical, i know, but surely it could be written in a post-modern, post-feminist, edgy kind of way, and it would help desensitise me to the implicit violence of the act.. Lol. Also, I wear spectacles and I winced. Leonard would have felt that hit if the pillow was not really, really light.

I do hope going forward they have the chance to bring up the essential nature of pure science to our civilisation. I can imagine a few zingers going back and forth if Penny and Leonard ever ran into reactionary thinkers, say from Nebraska. And when Penny's career heats up, the art vs science arguments could get get rolled out.

Really looking forward to the possibilities, now L/P look like a lock.

• Like 4