Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Sheldon is in between Hitler and a really really smart Ape. 

"we can logically conclude that .....you end up a lonely, bitter old man with no progeny. The image of any number of evil lighthouse keepers from Scooby Doo cartoons comes to mind."

Next year I see a weird alliance of Leonard, Penny and Amy in search of an answer to "The Sheldon question"

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 4

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

You're right., Hokie. Sheldon is the ratings king.  And, more and more,  my least favorite character and not what I love about the show: the romance, the friendships, the support the friends offer each other, a more gentle humor when they make fun of each other,  the parental drama and, of course, all the geeky cultural stuff.

• Like 2

I skip Sheldon's scenes when I re watch the show cause he is so annoying now especially the last 3 episodes which were mostly about Sheldon. If the writers continue with this trend ppl are going to get bored of the character quickly. I know I am already

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Sadly, Sheldon is quickly becoming the next Steve Urkel, and I don't say that as a compliment. He may be a (maybe even the) ratings draw, but he's approaching the area of "completely intolerable" at speeds approaching Warp 10.

• Like 6

It is hard to talk about Leonard and Penny without talking about Sheldon because the writers keep injecting him into their lives. Sheldon has gotten more self centered and mean though, the episode where he tortured Leonard with the sweater, showed how far the writers were willing to go with him. They have already made him the main character, so they decided more Sheldon is good, also making him more obnoxious must be good too. However, I think he is already to the point that him and Amy are starting to not make sense anymore and he is just mean to her. I really hope they use Leonard and Penny as a team against him in season 8, from now on. I would prefer the conflict they have be with him instead of between them.

• Like 5

What I am hearing is you want more Lenny and less Sheldon. Funny I think because Leonard and Penny look most like a couple when they are parenting Sheldon. Loose Sheldon and suddenly L/P have a lot less in common.

they could have a lot in common if the writers let them you know doing couple things instead mothering the baby.

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 5

That was first season Sheldon, before he became a major pain.

Actually in that regard, I think it must be said that as the seasons have progressed Sheldon has not improved, he has become more egotistical and more of an ass with the passage of time, not the other way around. Watch earlier seasons and you'll see the stark contrast.

• Like 1

they could have a lot in common if the writers let them you know doing couple things instead mothering the baby.

I can only guess the writers actually have little /no interest in turning TBBT into yet another romantic comedy. The are attempting something more unique and walking a thin edge that works sometimes better than others.

• Like 2

What I am hearing is you want more Lenny and less Sheldon. Funny I think because Leonard and Penny look most like a couple when they are parenting Sheldon. Loose Sheldon and suddenly L/P have a lot less in common.

I wouldn't say so much "less Sheldon" as "less Asshole Sheldon." Hopefully, this face-slap by reality that drove him to ride the rails helps reign him in some and makes him a more likable character.

• Like 3

I can only guess the writers actually have little /no interest in turning TBBT into yet another romantic comedy. The are attempting something more unique and walking a thin edge that works sometimes better than others.

It doesn't have to be a romantic thing. You could get laughs out of them in a bar penny dragging him shoe shopping doing stuff with the others. They don't have to be centered around shelden to get laughs all the time.

• Like 2

Funny I think because Leonard and Penny look most like a couple when they are parenting Sheldon. Loose Sheldon and suddenly L/P have a lot less in common.

I think you are 100 % wrong in your assesment. Leonard and Penny look every bit as much a couple when they are not parenting Sheldon. To me the scenes I've enjoyed more with them are the ones when they're dining at Penny's apartment, or when they are at Penny's apartment by themselves.

• Like 7

I think you are 100 % wrong in your assesment. Leonard and Penny look every bit as much a couple when they are not parenting Sheldon. To me the scenes I've enjoyed more with them are the ones when they're dining at Penny's apartment, or when they are at Penny's apartment by themselves.

The scene in the hallway away from everyone when she tells him about the car (until Sheldon 's interruption). The comfort provided by each of them at Prof. Proton's funeral. The scene in the bar after Wil leaves. The proposal. Dinner in 4A until Amy's interruption. All beautiful couple moments from the second half of Season 7, without Dr Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 9

Not to beat something to death, but that moment in the hallway is a huge occurrence. Not only does she pull him away to speak with him alone (showing her total faith in him), but he on learning of her problem, takes action to solve it in a way that shows and demonstrates his support of her decision (not just giving verbal platitudes about being a dreamer). It is truly one of the top 3 romantic Leonard & Penny moments IMHO

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 8

I think what djsurrey was implying was that lenny have nothing in common without Sheldon to get laughs on the show but I totally disagree. They might not have a lot in common like shamy but they work it just that the writers don't write them that way instead concentrates on the L/S/P dynamic which is a shame & is getting really old. In the real world they would have split up a long time ago if they had nothing in common. So yeah they do have a lot in common off screen.

• Like 3

The scene in the hallway away from everyone when she tells him about the car (until Sheldon 's interruption). The comfort provided by each of them at Prof. Proton's funeral. The scene in the bar after Wil leaves. The proposal. Dinner in 4A until Amy's interruption. All beautiful couple moments from the second half of Season 7, without Dr Cooper.

Tapatalk

I didn't mention those, but... my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!

They are very funny and interesting without Sheldon, like the second half of season 7 showed. Sheldon could have been completely missing the second half of season 7 and the Lenny plot would have easily carried the show. The last couple of Valentines days they didn't even interact with Sheldon, plus since they got together, we have had a lot more scenes of them alone in Penny's apartment. It is not Lenny and Penny who need Sheldon, it is actually Sheldon who needs Leonard and Penny. Just picture the show without Leonard and Penny and you can understand how boring it would be. The writers even gave us a hint when they provided that flashback during Leonard's story to Penny, Sheldon was almost a recluse living with lawn furniture in a very black and white world. Leonard brought some initial color to his world and Penny brought a rainbow of colors to both of them.

Thank you for pointing out those funny & interesting moments. Had a brain freeze and couldn't think of any more good pointers. But you explained that so well and so on cue.

• Like 1

I read or vacuum.

Hey! Then you too will be so pleased when they finally put a vacuum cleaner in Penny's hand. I have been waiting so long I forgot about that unrequited wish. Nobody vacuums, though there is an upright in Howardette's cupboard.

But Penny tidying and quickly hoovering the living room has been a long held fancy of mine. Just below commiting to Leonard and punching Sheldon. So, really only one more wish outstanding.

Something they might save for season 10. Or for just before her mother turns up. LOL.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 3

Funny!

My last wish is for Leonard to stand up to Beverly, and then to be rid of her! Maybe Penny can chase her with the vacuum.

My last wish is for lenny to have those smart and beautiful babies.

• Like 3