The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I understand why he is there but i find it a stretch to be sympathetic. And i am annoyed how he rejects just religion and keeps the rest of his reactionary heritage. Can't forgive his attitude to Penny, and it shows he is not a deep thinker, at all. And Leonard doesn't counter him enough. But now its really personal, so we will see in S8 what Leonard will suck up for the sake of their "friendship". He should not hide behind Penny anymore, he should champion her, like he did on the film set. Only against Sheldon's excesses.

• Like 1

I understand why he is there but i find it a stretch to be sympathetic. And i am annoyed how he rejects just religion and keeps the rest of his reactionary heritage. Can't forgive his attitude to Penny, and it shows he is not a deep thinker, at all. And Leonard doesn't counter him enough. But now its really personal, so we will see in S8 what Leonard will suck up for the sake of their "friendship". He should not hide behind Penny anymore, he should champion her, like he did on the film set. Only against Sheldon's excesses.

Agree. Season 8 needs to be titled "Leonard Fights Back"

• Like 2

You know what, when Sheldon broke into Penny's apt in S6x2 (still think it was weird) and asked penny not to hurt his friend. Hmmmm After watching S7 I wonder if he really sincerely meant it or was he just saying it because yes I know. it's a CHANGE. .. and did not want his schedule disrupted or changed. Sorry shelden uses all his friends for his benefit all the time so when he does something genuine you can't help but wonder, what is the motive behind this gesture. not used to that Sheldon that was sometimes a great friend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You know how they have throw away lines that the character's say and we never hear a reference to them again or they are so OOC that they are just done for a laugh or a moment, that was all that line was, one of the writers thought that would be so cute he/she put it in, it was meaningless, it was OOC for Sheldon and the character would never say it for Leonard's sake when he is too worried about himself.

• Like 1

I understand that Sheldon is a big part of the Leonard/Penny relationship, but how about we just reference him and save the in depth analyses of Sheldon for the character thread.
  • Like 2

You know what, when Sheldon broke into Penny's apt in S6x2 (still think it was weird) and asked penny not to hurt his friend. Hmmmm After watching S7 I wonder if he really sincerely meant it or was he just saying it because yes I know. it's a CHANGE. .. and did not want his schedule disrupted or changed. Sorry shelden uses all his friends for his benefit all the time so when he does something genuine you can't help but wonder, what is the motive behind this gesture. not used to that Sheldon that was sometimes a great friend.

I think we were expected to wonder but after the last PP episode it is quite clear. After all PP in that episode is nothing but a manifestation of Sheldon's own subconscious. Sheldon is not playing it up for anyone when he is dreaming. We see the actual struggle that he is having internally. We see him question himself, the way he treats his friends and the amount of time he spends watching star wars. Clearly there is a real person in there but layers of social ineptitude, exaggerated self confidence and a reluctance to change.

Overall I'd say that it is the sweater episode that was out of place. Most of Sheldon's issue is really being socially inept. I'm actually surprised he is being judged so harshly here.

I understand that Sheldon is a big part of the Leonard/Penny relationship, but how about we just reference him and save the in depth analyses of Sheldon for the character thread.

I was wondering why he is coming up in this thread so much.

• Like 2

Back on topic: One of the cutest scenes to me was in this season's Valentine's Day episode. While they were waiting for Yvette (the vet--that is fun to say!) and their chit-chat, then acting like kids in trouble with the principal when Yvette was questioning them about Cinnamon. Very sweet...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK. Sorry Tensor. Just replying to the comments made. Lenny Rules.

Again... Locks. Change the infernal locks. They deserve a bubble for a while. Keep the happiness inside the apartment. Or bring in the in laws to stay and oust Voldemort.

OK. Sorry Tensor. Just replying to the comments made. Lenny Rules.

Lenny doesn't have to rule, there can be discussion. But as I said, in depth discussion of Sheldon should be in the Sheldon thread or in the Leonard/Sheldon friendship thread.

I just moved about 8-10 posts over to the that thread.

• Like 1

No probs, Tensor. I wasn't trying to be smart with my Lenny Rules comment either.

Edited by Itwasdestined

No probs, Tensor. I wasn't trying to be smart with my Lenny Rules comment either.

didn't think you were. Tis cool.

Okay back to Lenny discussion, instead of a baby seeing that's at least 3 seasons off or anything, what do people think if Lenny got a dog. Leonard is so used to looking after the big baby (Diddn't say his name :p), to compensate Lenny get a dog, it well hone Penny's maternal instincts. I can just imagine the comedic possibilities of Lenny and a dog. Penny: "Leonard did you feed the dog before you went to work? Leonard: "What dog?"

• Like 1

Okay back to Lenny discussion, instead of a baby seeing that's at least 3 seasons off or anything, what do people think if Lenny got a dog. Leonard is so used to looking after the big baby (Diddn't say his name :p), to compensate Lenny get a dog, it well hone Penny's maternal instincts. I can just imagine the comedic possibilities of Lenny and a dog. Penny: "Leonard did you feed the dog before you went to work? Leonard: "What dog?"

Based on Penny's ability to look after goldfish, I think you might have that the wrong way around!

• Like 1

Yeah you maybe right, Penny is can be absent minded. But I Thought Leonard has better things to do then look after a dog, and after all the guys aren't that good with conversing with living people haha, so why should a dog be any different. I remember in Two and a half men for a point of reference, in Season One, they had a little girl staying at this house, and Alan talks to her and the girls like "So", and Charlies like 'You just strike out no matter what age they are don't you?" haha. Charlie trys to talk to the little girl "So" Alan: "I bow to the master" haha. Point is these guys profess to know everything about everything, but when it comes to human contact and human nature they are clueless, so my logic was Leonard: We have a dog, who knew? But yes you are right, Penny would prob be like "What dog", then comedy insues as they search the streets for their dog, maybe Sheldon was on to something with the whole chocolate thing, bad penny.

When Penny and Leonard do move in together, it will be interesting to see what she brings to the relationship. This season, it has been pointed out that she is poor housekeeper and cook. Raj noted that she only had one arrow in her quiver. So is Leonard going to cook, clean and earn all the money? Penny needs to at least take a cooking class. Of course, Sheldon has never been observed to cook, but he was neat. Maybe Penny would be better off learning to clean, as Leonard is used to doing to cooking and apparently good at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's if they do move in together, they may just keeps things simple and go back and fourth between 4a and 4b. Seeing they always takeout, not sure if their well be any specific cooking involved, surley Penny knows how to boil an egg. I sometimes struggle with the task so who knows lol. Be funny if Penny started taking cooking lessons and actually started getting good at it. Remember in Friends Monica and Chandler got Engaged in S6, and then married in S7. So they could go the same route their, L/P get married in S8 finalie. Monica and Chandler lived together for a full season up till then, they then lived together in S7. Problem is Friends did not have that thing that lives with Leonard lol, so in terms of living arrangements, it would be good if they switched things up and freshend things up, but prob wont happen till they progress Shamy.

Yeah its really important to note both Penny and Leonard when it comes to Sheldon, are like strangers in-toon town. Leonard is the voice of reason the "normal" one. I remember Sheldon said in reply to Penny in S2 "Umm Penny in this case you would be the peculiar one". Problem is the writers are still giving Sheldon dried up characterizations from S3, his treatment of Penny is no longer funny, and in the real world by now would of got his butt kicked, he is just luckey his best friend is not the physical type. Sorry this is slowly degressing into a Sheldon thread my bad, just replying to #7722.

@hamerman55, I think Leonard should withhold his "comforts" until she does her share of the housework when they live together. And puts her washing away. Also no nights out at the sports bar until she finishes her preparation for either her studies or her auditions. That'll learn her. LOL.

• Like 5

Leonard has to be more supportive of Penny's cooking, although she is not a good cook but he needs to appreciate the cooking she does for him.  She cooks for him with love.  I m really  curious to see who is now going to do the washing, Penny or Leonard? I think Penny will, she has washed his close before, but then again they will share in doing things.  But I think Leonard will do the house chores, his Penny is everything.  Team Hofstadter is ready to rock as a couple, cannot wait to see them in action, I hope she goes to the university and visits him still, always lots of fun to see Lenny at the physics lab doing experiments.  ; )

• Like 1

@Nograv Be cool too see Penny go to more auditions a lot more, although I know they have said they woulden't go that because they weren't keen on showing the insides of the industry, although Friends did. I always liked in Friends how Chandler would go along with Joey to his auditions, I also liked how Joey had an agent. Maybe Penny should get an agent, who got her work, so she wouldent have to rely on luck or the time. Be funny if Penny had a "Estelle" like Joey did. "Hey Penny I got this role from this person I know from this person I know, from this person I know.... Okay lets just say I know this person. How do you feel about Cheesecake factories?". It would behove the writers in S8, to focus a lot on Penny's career.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

So Season 8 sees

- Penny taking cooking classes and testing out her progress (or lack thereof) on her 'supportive' fiancé,

- meeting regularly with her agent ( she actually does have one - she spoke to him/her on the phone in Indecision and as far back as Season 5 when she gets the call about the commercial) a la Bebe from Frasier and as mentioned Joey's Estelle,

- alternate visits at Leonard's lab by her and Leonard attending auditions and hopefully tapings of her new TV show (Babylon 5 remake?!? just to annoy that other guy OR Firefly returns to gain respect from him),

- shared laundry nights with Leonard ( do we finally get that make out in the Laundry room the Snugglers on Fan Forum have been waiting for? She could wear that same outfit from Amy's story about trying to make out with Sheldon in the Christmas episode) 

- fights and makeups over who does the housework

- getting a pet ( maybe they visit Yvette the vet!)

- dealing with where they live (and who near/with) and how that can eventuate 

- plan the wedding

-pillow talks or before and after walk ins/out in dressing gowns/nighties

- take on Penny's AND Leonard's families

- Integrate Emily into the girls' group (maybe)

- And all without any interruptions from that other guy!

That should get us through Season 8 with Lenny!

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 5

All after the Hawaiian holiday, which they should start as soon as Voldemort returns.

But will that leave them enough money for the Switzerland honeymoon!

• Like 3

So Season 8 sees

- Penny taking cooking classes and testing out her progress (or lack thereof) on her 'supportive' fiancé,

- meeting regularly with her agent ( she actually does have one - she spoke to him/her on the phone in Indecision and as far back as Season 5 when she gets the call about the commercial) a la Bebe from Frasier and as mentioned Joey's Estelle,

- alternate visits at Leonard's lab by her and Leonard attending auditions and hopefully tapings of her new TV show (Babylon 5 remake?!? just to annoy that other guy OR Firefly returns to gain respect from him),

- shared laundry nights with Leonard ( do we finally get that make out in the Laundry room the Snugglers on Fan Forum have been waiting for? She could wear that same outfit from Amy's story about trying to make out with Sheldon in the Christmas episode)

- fights and makeups over who does the housework

- getting a pet ( maybe they visit Yvette the vet!)

- dealing with where they live (and who near/with) and how that can eventuate

- plan the wedding

-pillow talks or before and after walk ins/out in dressing gowns/nighties

- take on Penny's AND Leonard's families

- Integrate Emily into the girls' group (maybe)

- And all without any interruptions from that other guy!

That should get us through Season 8 with Lenny!

I like the way this looks. I hope Emily is continued as she would be a good addition to the girls group. As a dermatologist, she is scientific, but she has tattoos and generally seems social, so she would be a bridge between Penny and the the other girls. I did forget that Penny is pretty good about doing the laundry. Maybe that can be her thing, and Leonard can clean. Cooking can be a joint thing, as I'm sure Penny can make a salads and such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My last wish is for lenny to have those smart and beautiful babies.

Actually my wish is almost the same. It is for Penny to aanounce to the group that she and Leonard are expecting twins and while everybody is congratulating her, the camera pans to Leonard who has Sheldon by his side. They are like 3 feet away from the rest of the group, and then Leonard says to Sheldon: "Our babies will be smart AND beautiful", to which Sheldon replies " And in this case NOT imaginary... interesting"

• Like 4