Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

Sometimes I forget how smart you are. Now take off your clothes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

And this is how they get babies that are both smart and beautiful, lol.

Penny hasn't gone away yet so I wonder if they're going to do something in s8 where Lenny is in a great place and then she's offered "the role of a lifetime" but, naturally, it's somewhere like NYC or even overseas like London.

• Like 2

And this is how they get babies that are both smart and beautiful, lol.

Penny hasn't gone away yet so I wonder if they're going to do something in s8 where Lenny is in a great place and then she's offered "the role of a lifetime" but, naturally, it's somewhere like NYC or even overseas like London.

I sort of wonder about that coming too.  The writers like drama between them, so her going away would create drama.

I sort of wonder about that coming too.  The writers like drama between them, so her going away would create drama.

I'm not really sure how much drama they could wring out of that.  Leonard left last year, when they weren't even engaged, and there wasn't any drama.  Why would Penny leaving for a period of time cause even more drama then Leonard leaving for four months?  Unless they plan on breaking them up, but I don't see that happening.

Leonard would pine, and there might be some jokes about domains and mastery thereof, but we would all expect Penny to rebuff Ryan Gosling - Nebraska-style.

Unless she gets a movie in Oz. Then Leonard is toast (the Hemsworth boys, Rusty, Pearce, Worthington are just the ones that leave the country...Lol)

• Like 1

This is presuming they make it down the aisle :p. I can invision a similar wedding to S5, with Penny and her baby bump. As the whole foundation and premise of this show was one line "our babies well smart and beautiful" And the fact the great Dr Cooper was wrong when he said they wld be imaginary haha. Unless the writers did what Himym did with Robin, and Penny cant have children. Although the whole plot of that was, Robin wanting something she cant have. As sad as that storyline was, it was one of my all time fav moments from Himym, and trust me its not a long list lol. Kaley could do well with that storyline, not that i want that storyline to happen. Everyone goes on about Leonards huge crush on Penny in S1, but Penny wasent exactly the popular girl in high school not knowing the geeky guy exists. I think she always desired Leonard since thr pilot, moments like that smile when Leslie diddnt wrk out, when Leonard and Leslie were getting it on, and Penny and Sheldon were listning lol, that jealous look on her face when she was like "Good for him". She always hd underlying feelings, but the idea of going out with a guy who was not her type, was the complete oppossite of her dating ethelogy and social identity, socities conventions dictate Penny nor Leonard have no buisness being together, and in any other scenario they prob wouldent be. But thats the endering thing about this show, its all about deconstructing and reversing gender roles. And sorta corny "But theirs more then meets the eye captain" lol. You kno theirs more to Penny then the predominantly archtypical blonde girl next door with all her atoms in the right place, she aint no blonde bimbo, shes very emotionally and socially intelligent. And. theirs more to Leonard then the Geeky Experimental Egghead, hes more socially saavy then society gives him credit for. Society likes to label people based on backgrounds, and socio-cultural status. Obviousley coming into. The 8th season, you cant expect the same characterizations, jokes, and the characters have the same impact they used too in S3, and if you do your watching the wrong show. But a change in dynamics and status quo freshens things up, change is the only constant. I think having Lenny as the centre of the show, and making them in S8 deal with trivial things to serious issues as a couple, it maybe from drama to comedy. A bit more like S3, but with different dynamics to freshen things up, and Lenny at the forefront.

• Like 2

Carlos, I think you really got something on your comment, plausible, Lenny announcing to the gang they expecting twins, perfect connection with episode one, masterful stroke by the writers.  I believe Leonard can cook, on the episode when Penny read his mother's book about him a child; he was cooking something for dinner.  I could see Penny being queen bee in running their house/ I don't think Leonard minds, he anything that makes Penny happy makes him happy. 

• Like 4

Leonard would pine, and there might be some jokes about domains and mastery thereof, but we would all expect Penny to rebuff Ryan Gosling - Nebraska-style.

Unless she gets a movie in Oz. Then Leonard is toast (the Hemsworth boys, Rusty, Pearce, Worthington are just the ones that leave the country...Lol)

As much as I would love to attend a show taping in Australia, I don't want them doing an Aussie episode if it's as insulting, stereotyped and cliched as the Modern Family crap that was dished up from 'down under'. Happy, though, for Penny to be in Thor 3 with Aussie Hemsworth as Amora or Brunhild the Valkyrie, two stunning blond Asgardians. She'd just need to send in her New Years pics dressed as Wonder Woman to convince the casting crew.

• Like 3

Thats an interesting idea tho bbt shot in other countries. Penny gets an acting role in another cntry, the gang fly over, havent hd a gd roadtrip since s4. Penny needs to play superwomen.

Yeah, except they barely do outside scenes in LA, let alone going overseas for scenes. TPTB seem to prefer the comfort of their studio sets-the effort to build that train station set rather than just tape it at the actual station is an example.

As many have said, though, Lenny deserve a vacation elsewhere so who knows?

• Like 1

As much as I would love to attend a show taping in Australia, I don't want them doing an Aussie episode if it's as insulting, stereotyped and cliched as the Modern Family crap that was dished up from 'down under'. Happy, though, for Penny to be in Thor 3 with Aussie Hemsworth as Amora or Brunhild the Valkyrie, two stunning blond Asgardians. She'd just need to send in her New Years pics dressed as Wonder Woman to convince the casting crew.

OR, Wolf Creek III. The Revenge. Penny goes Nebraska on Jarrett. LOL. OR she has some success with "Serial Apist", the producer likes her and she gets attached to a quirky, character driven low budget feature here. Then Leonard has a double threat, because she will later have to go to Cannes to promote it. Then, like Jerry Lewis and France, Oz will be able to claim her as our own. (and I forgot Hugh Jackman. Another one of the plain looking guys that had to leave because they felt intimidated by the rest of us.)

Actually it would be hysterically funny if, because of the Apist trilogy, she became a huge star in say Hobart (or Dunedin NZ) and got mobbed by tens of people there. One for the S8 or S9 hiatus.

Yeah, except they barely do outside scenes in LA, let alone going overseas for scenes. TPTB seem to prefer the comfort of their studio sets-the effort to build that train station set rather than just tape it at the actual station is an example.

As many have said, though, Lenny deserve a vacation elsewhere so who knows?

That set was so huge. I really wondered if it was a location. Their stage is not that big.

But all the career stuff can happen off camera and just be referenced. But dreaming, i know.

• Like 1

How could we forget Hugh? She could be in Wolverine XXXVII or Xmen reboot 12. She's already got experience as one of Sheldon's C-men.

Imagine the traffic jams in Hobart if Tens of people lined up for Serial Apeist ( although I reckon Adelaide folk are more suited for that - sorry about the obscure Australian references, fellow posters).

Actually her Serial Apeist exposure could get her to NZ for a Hobbit role or Lord of the Rings reboot. She looks good in fur!

• Like 1

They're doing a Stargate reboot, maybe she could be in that.

http://screenrant.com/stargate-movie-reboot-new-trilogy/

And when she arrives, she discovers that it's an even bigger fustercluck than "Serial Ape-ist 2" was; disillusioned, she decided to chuck her acting career for good and go back to The Cheesecake Factory, which she determines is more fulfilling than acting in crap. :)

• Like 1

Maybe Penny should look into investing, and buy a cheesecake factory haha. The chances of at 28 (in acting years shes a long) withoiy any notable roles, any real contacts like big time producers, or any big time friends within the industry (its alot to do with who you know not what you kno, it comes down to luck, Penny cld be the best actress in the world, you dont have any name recognition it means nothing), chances are at 28 if it hasent happened now being also a archtypical blonde girl from nebraska. And with the relevent fear of being typed casted. Its prob never going to happen, its a pipe dream at best. Thats not to say im not glad the writers finnally progressed things, and its a good step, but tbh Pennys dissilusioned if she truly beleives at this point, shes going to become a superstar. And maybe thats okay, maybe acting for her was just another form of Worlds of War Craft lol, you know what i mean, an escape from current reality.

Maybe she never thought anything less then of the american dream for a young girl then having notority, and autonomy. And it diddnt happen, but its not for lack of effort, their are probably a thousand blonde girls out their, just like theirs prob a thousand aspiring singers all wanting and chasing that dream. But in this day in age, i feel getting discovered is less and less happening, so its good the writers are shedding a light on how hard it is. Especially for a typically nebraska raised pretty blonde girl, who doesent really have anything distinctive about her, to casting execs types anyway, maybe she shld die her hair orange, to set her apart from the pack :p.

In S6 she realized she has great friends, and was starting to appreciate the small things in her life, and was becoming less selfish. Far cry from the girl in Barb Sublim (still my all time fav bbt ep btw, altho it changes constantly) who was crying cos casting execs said she was too much of a "type". Look at the thousands of idols on american idol, who audition only you could argue three have become stars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Adam Lambert.

So Penny shouldent feel like shes a failure, she choose a career that has alot of risks involved, i wonder because of this she diddnf push hersslf because of a fear of failure. I also wonder why her parents let her move at 19 on her own, without any real backup plan, i kno if i was her father i would do anything for her seeing acting was a deadend from the get go. Anyway if she becomes dissilusioned with acting, i think its high time she finds her passion whatever that is.

• Like 1

Look at the thousands of idols on american idol, who audition only you could argue three have become stars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Adam Lambert.

You can add Jennifer Hudson to that list, with her successes (and awards) for both singing and acting (and Underwood has been the most successful in terms of album sales). But overall, it's like I've always said with Idol: it's a reality show that does little more than waste your time, as very few of its winners go on to any sort of lasting success (they burn brightly and die out quickly). I think that between us, we've named all of the winners that have had lasting success, with the rest being flashes in the pan. From what I can see, Idol is starting to wear out its welcome, as its continued slip in the ratings would seem to indicate.

• Like 3

One of the problems with those competition shows is it's not just based on talent. An interesting backstory, a hook, or being a type can get you selected or rejected. This is not to say those chosen do not have any talent, they do, but there are thousands of others who are as good, if not better, but if the don't have something the show can use to generate sympathy or fit into a slot, their chances of getting selected are quite a bit less.

• Like 2

One of the problems with those competition shows is it's not just based on talent. An interesting backstory, a hook, or being a type can get you selected or rejected. This is not to say those chosen do not have any talent, they do, but there are thousands of others who are as good, if not better, but if the don't have something the show can use to generate sympathy or fit into a slot, their chances of getting selected are quite a bit less.

So true. The only reality competition show that Dawn and I watch on a regular basis is Hell's Kitchen, and we always find it hard to believe that any of those borderline incompetent chuckleheads could be a dishwasher in any of Ramsey's restaurants, let alone head chef.

• Like 1

Maybe Penny should look into investing, and buy a cheesecake factory haha. The chances of at 28 (in acting years shes a long) withoiy any notable roles, any real contacts like big time producers, or any big time friends within the industry (its alot to do with who you know not what you kno, it comes down to luck, Penny cld be the best actress in the world, you dont have any name recognition it means nothing), chances are at 28 if it hasent happened now being also a archtypical blonde girl from nebraska. And with the relevent fear of being typed casted. Its prob never going to happen, its a pipe dream at best. Thats not to say im not glad the writers finnally progressed things, and its a good step, but tbh Pennys dissilusioned if she truly beleives at this point, shes going to become a superstar. And maybe thats okay, maybe acting for her was just another form of Worlds of War Craft lol, you know what i mean, an escape from current reality.

Maybe she never thought anything less then of the american dream for a young girl then having notority, and autonomy. And it diddnt happen, but its not for lack of effort, their are probably a thousand blonde girls out their, just like theirs prob a thousand aspiring singers all wanting and chasing that dream. But in this day in age, i feel getting discovered is less and less happening, so its good the writers are shedding a light on how hard it is. Especially for a typically nebraska raised pretty blonde girl, who doesent really have anything distinctive about her, to casting execs types anyway, maybe she shld die her hair orange, to set her apart from the pack :p.

In S6 she realized she has great friends, and was starting to appreciate the small things in her life, and was becoming less selfish. Far cry from the girl in Barb Sublim (still my all time fav bbt ep btw, altho it changes constantly) who was crying cos casting execs said she was too much of a "type". Look at the thousands of idols on american idol, who audition only you could argue three have become stars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Adam Lambert.

So Penny shouldent feel like shes a failure, she choose a career that has alot of risks involved, i wonder because of this she diddnf push hersslf because of a fear of failure. I also wonder why her parents let her move at 19 on her own, without any real backup plan, i kno if i was her father i would do anything for her seeing acting was a deadend from the get go. Anyway if she becomes dissilusioned with acting, i think its high time she finds her passion whatever that is.

Penny is passionate about physical beauty. She loves make-up(she did such a great job with Amy's make-up, Amy thought it would lead to phone sex!), She loves experimenting with hair (she made Sheldon look like sex on a stick!) (I would love her to give Leonard a sexy do! Oh my.)  Anyhow, maybe a career as a make -up artist could lead to her own line of make-up and skin care products and work the Penny Blossons in there too.  Lots of possibilities.  But , if not, she can still play with Leonard's hair!

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 2

And fame in Hollywood is based on talent?

Edited by eirwinrommel

Clearly, Penny has reconsidered her career. Her statement "I need to start making some smart decisions." indicates she doesn't consider her acting career (or drinking for that matter) a smart decision. Her first 'smart decision' was to turn down the drink Leonard offered her, her second was to propose to Leonard (both good choices). The question is what will she do financially. Right now she's at a crossroads, she can go back to waitressing and be unhappy or go to school to learn something else. I think she'll go back to school, I don't know for what (and she may continue to wait tables part time while she goes to school) but I hope it will be for something she enjoys doing. Of course now that she's committed to Leonard her acting career (if the Psychic was talking about her) will take off and she'll have her career and her love life.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I think if she loves acting and finds it fulfilling then she should continue by all means, but fame or infamy for its own sake seems lame. She has generally been sincere about her unrealistic aspirations. She obviously has the physical atteibutes to achieve success (cos she looks like Kaley and she has done alright). But getting the good gigs is hard.

luckily smart minds are working on what comes next. Hope they keep it fresh.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Penny is passionate about physical beauty. She loves make-up(she did such a great job with Amy's make-up, Amy thought it would lead to phone sex!), She loves experimenting with hair (she made Sheldon look like sex on a stick!) (I would love her to give Leonard a sexy do! Oh my.)  Anyhow, maybe a career as a make -up artist could lead to her own line of make-up and skin care products and work the Penny Blossons in there too.  Lots of possibilities.  But , if not, she can still play with Leonard's hair!

I've noticed through the years the one (maybe the only) person that Penny will not try to improve their sexual appeal or look, is Leonard. And it makes perfect sense. She does not mind having Leonard wear the appropriate clothing, as she has done on several occasion, such as picking out a suit for one of his presentation or preventing him from going shopping as a "space bear". But she readily wants to make sure he knows he should be grateful to have her. She quickly concurred with the director of her "Apeist" film who asks if she was too hot for Leonard and Leonard dutifully agreed.

Penny's beauty is the one thing she has over Leonard and she wisely wants to assure him that it can cancel out all the advantages that he has. Its the reason women like Priya and Alex (and Leonard's mom) scare the crap out of her. Fortunately, Leonard should have convinced her by now that his love for her is more than skin deep.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4