The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I do agree to a certain extent a lot of married couples do have joint accounts. But I think theirs a double standard to explore here, some deconstruct Leonard enabling Penny or support her financially as being her sugar daddy. And some perceive is as what's mine is yours sorta deal. Go on Facebook, a lot of people deconstructed Leonard buying Penny a car to help her with her acting career, as once again Leonard bailing her out, or enabling her, or being her sugar daddy. The same way he and Sheldon have been doing since the pilot, if it's not wi fi its food, if its not food its money. But why is bailing out? Why do people feel the need to qualify decisions or choices made, this show is all about reversing and deconstructing gender roles. Why cannot it be as simple as Leonard and Sheldon helping out Penny in a tough time, their friend and Leonard's girlfriend. I never saw it like it was a handout, I saw it as Penny was alone, pretty shallow when it came to her choices in me and dating, and was really isolated. Her family didn't seem to be a very good support network, we have only seen Wyatt from tiem to time. So Leonard and the guys were her support network. Falling back on someone does not diminish who you are at all, reaching out to someone and feeling vulnerable imo is the biggest strength you can show. But I can also understand the other side, that Penny is self independent and although it should be an equal partnership, Penny needs to contribute to the finances and their relationship too. Shes been a working actress from the get go, she doesent work in a office, her job security aint "secure", all aspiring actresses live every day at time, always looking for the next job. Its rare that one actress out of the several archtypical blonde girls who haven't been typed casted already make it big, it comes down to luck. So Penny just needs to keep trotting along, she needs to understand her failure is not hers and hers alone, she is no different to any other pretty blonde trying to make it, their are a lot of talented actresses out their. But these days unless you have something distinctive about you, or have some form of fanbase and following, getting discovered is kinda a lost art these days, you really need to push your self.  

• Like 3

There are many reasons a person may not contribute financially for a period of time. Even a long period.

Someone could be between jobs, back to school, caring for children or could be ill.

On the other hand Penny was not officially off the fence at the time Leonard gave her the car. Her decision came quite soon after though.

• Like 2

Penny has also borrowed money from Sheldon, that's the one thing I have always loved about her character, while she is very self independent, she has not been stubborn to the point she is not afraid to ask for help even Sheldon of all people. Good thing about Sheldon, is when it comes to an mutual agreement, or borrowing money from him, its the one thing he's not should I say Anal about. I do too hope although Penny has evolved a lot since Season 1, that girl in S2 was it, who was unmistakabley adamant that she pays her own way and even though it was just $11 she would pay Leonard back for dinner. Remember Raj got a ear full, "What you think I don't pay my way"  "What the heck was that about" haha. I think its a two way street, Penny falling on Leonard financially is one thing but I Guess everyone agrees you would expect the writers make her contribute, so looking for any work acting wise, regardless what is, well go along way.  

Edited by 3ku11

On the other hand Penny was not officially off the fence at the time Leonard gave her the car. Her decision came quite soon after though.

@dj, There is a hint of motive there, but I can't believe Penny is that venal. It's unfortunate that they opened the window for that thought to creep in, but I believe that Penny got off the fence because she realised she wanted Leonard and could have him without waiting for her "success". Proton karking it was the catalyst. For it to be otherwise would sully her.

If financing her ambitions was the issue, she could have emptied Leonard's bank account years ago.

• Like 5

Leonards rich? Considering the amount of food, wi fi, money Pennys borrowed over the years, if Penny had a tab i think Leonard wld be rich haha. She afforded enough since S1 to pay for rent, expenses e.t.c.. Pennys never been rich, shes actually struggled to maintain a regular income stream for 7 years, but i agree i dont think financing her ambition is the issue, more having the means to do it.

• Like 1

@dj, There is a hint of motive there, but I can't believe Penny is that venal. It's unfortunate that they opened the window for that thought to creep in, but I believe that Penny got off the fence because she realised she wanted Leonard and could have him without waiting for her "success". Proton karking it was the catalyst. For it to be otherwise would sully her.

If financing her ambitions was the issue, she could have emptied Leonard's bank account years ago.

I agree. I believe when it comes to her feelings for Leonard  she has been as honest as humanly possible.

• Like 2

Leonards rich? Considering the amount of food, wi fi, money Pennys borrowed over the years, if Penny had a tab i think Leonard wld be rich haha. She afforded enough since S1 to pay for rent, expenses e.t.c.. Pennys never been rich, shes actually struggled to maintain a regular income stream for 7 years, but i agree i dont think financing her ambition is the issue, more having the means to do it.

Leonard is not hurting. Even without tenure he is not starving in a garret. Penny has had it tougher. It hurts me to think that the girl can't have the guy she obviously wanted the whole time, because her bank balance is lower than his or her economic potential hasn't been fulfilled. Talk about Leonard not being able to catch a break. It goes to the whole question about what the heart wants. I like the idea of love winning unconditionally. It's stupid and unlikely, so why not?

• Like 4

Penny's no gold digger. She loves Leonard no question and is marrying him for all the right reasons. She is not doing it to leech off Leonard as a stay at home. While the running joke on the show is her getting free takeout at the guys apartment, that has been toned down a lot in Season 7. I don't think the remark by Amy about it making sense to live with Leonard makes sense since she isn't working needs to be taken so seriously to imply Penny is marrying to be financially secure. That is way out of character. I don't mind Leonard being the main breadwinner as is often the case in marriages ( it is in mine ) and I don't see a problem if Penny is unemployed temporarily, just as my wife has been at times.(And yes, we have one joint account and all money is our money- she had more savings at the start of the marriage, I have the higher paying job now). But I'm sure she will want to work and make significant contributions. She's a proud woman.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 6

You guys make some good points. I am all for Penny to make progress in whatever she decides to do now. About the freeloading, apart from the wifi (IMHO wasn't Stealling because she was with Leonard as gf or friend) i also don't think she took food from the guys can't see shelden buying her food or sharing food with her. The show has always implied that leonard bought her food and never asked for money in return. Except for one occasion. Penny has always being shown as very independent and not depending on the guys like feeling bad for borrowing money of shelden & not taking the $11, then they show her weakness. Leonard buying her gas, paying her rent and food oh and frozen yogart. All this while he wasn't dating her. Think it came up to $1400 and then penny trying to sell her underwear to pay him back. We will never know if she ever paid leonard back.so in a way penny want her cake and eat it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My thought was that they had moved past the expectations of the quid pro quo or the you owe me. They do things to support each other with no expectations or score keeping. For example Tenure and the car.

• Like 7

My thought was that they had moved past the expectations of the quid pro quo or the you owe me. They do things to support each other with no expectations or score keeping. For example Tenure and the car.

That's because, in the present state of their relationship, what helps one, helps both. With tenure, if Penny helps him get tenure, she get a happy and proud Leonard, which makes her happy and proud. In the case of giving Penny the car, Leonard gets a happy and fulfilled Penny, which makes him proud and happy. So they would both get a happy partner, and as a side benefit, in both cases, as a couple, they get more income. All in all, it's a win-win for both of them.

• Like 7

No, it doesn't. Dependency is dependency, and that is not who Penny is. Especially the way Squidley made it sound, as if she'd be going to him to give her an allowance for a pair of shoes, which sounds abhorrent. The only people who have taken me shopping or given me shopping money in my lifetime are my parents, aunts, and grandparents (aka older, authority figures). I'd die before I would ask a guy for money to splurge on clothes/shoes, that would make them a sugardaddy. And I'd turn on the Real Housewives of Wherever if I want to watch those kinds of people (I assume those women are married based on the title, doesn't make their husbands any less of a sugardaddy). 

I think you are totally wrong and see things through a warped lens. When you get married you give some of your independence away. I mean you can still be your own person, but you have to give some of your independence away, because you are going through life with another person, you are sharing everything, so to speak. I've been married for over 22 years, and eveything my wife and I make (money wise, I mean) is ours. She doesn't ask my permission to use it for somethig she likes and wants to buy (within reason), and neither do I. Of course for big expenditures we talk it over for practical reasons, and I would most certainly NOT say that she is dependent on me or I on her. To me at least, that is what being a married couple is: sharing everything.

• Like 7

Well, the married men have expressed their views. LOL. Any married women out there? :)

It will be so interesting to see how they get on in S8. Penny will either get work or not. If she does that's great and they can make comedy out of her successes. If she doesn't and they have to wring a laugh out of her not succeeding then that may suck. But she has a trajectory - from amateur play to paid commercial to being the female lead in a real movie (and being the girl on the poster). I think she will find something. And it will make Leonard proud and uncomfortable at the same time. I also think it will mostly happen off-stage and we will only hear about it.

• Like 4

I really don't subscribe to this notion that if two people are in a serious relationship, engaged or married, that if one taking care of the other, one is a sugar daddy.  Money is not the only thing people give to each other and if you think it is, I feel sorry for you.  People who really love another person will sacrifice for them without hesitation, because they want their mate to be happy, it makes them happy.  It is not about the money, it is about happiness, Leonard doing for Penny makes him happy, so her getting the support she needs to pursue her dream, makes her happy and Leonard is happy in return which he favors more than money.  I agree it would be bad if she was a gold-digger, but Penny is not. She loves him and she tries to make him happy in her own way.  If Penny succeeds in her career, she is going to be making a ton more of money than him, so is she now the sugar daddy?  The purpose of the team is so that the team can succeed, each individual contributes his best to the teams success, marriage is like a team.  Lenny is now Team Hofstadter who are working together to insure the teams success, whether it be tenure, dealing with Sheldon or getting Penny's career on track.

• Like 8

Well, the married men have expressed their views. LOL. Any married women out there? :)

It will be so interesting to see how they get on in S8. Penny will either get work or not. If she does that's great and they can make comedy out of her successes. If she doesn't and they have to wring a laugh out of her not succeeding then that may suck. But she has a trajectory - from amateur play to paid commercial to being the female lead in a real movie (and being the girl on the poster). I think she will find something. And it will make Leonard proud and uncomfortable at the same time. I also think it will mostly happen off-stage and we will only hear about it.

Right here.  And here is my take on the conversation...

I really don't subscribe to this notion that if two people are in a serious relationship, engaged or married, that if one taking care of the other, one is a sugar daddy.  Money is not the only thing people give to each other and if you think it is, I feel sorry for you.  People who really love another person will sacrifice for them without hesitation, because they want their mate to be happy, it makes them happy.  It is not about the money, it is about happiness, Leonard doing for Penny makes him happy, so her getting the support she needs to pursue her dream, makes her happy and Leonard is happy in return which he favors more than money.  I agree it would be bad if she was a gold-digger, but Penny is not. She loves him and she tries to make him happy in her own way.  If Penny succeeds in her career, she is going to be making a ton more of money than him, so is she now the sugar daddy?  The purpose of the team is so that the team can succeed, each individual contributes his best to the teams success, marriage is like a team.  Lenny is now Team Hofstadter who are working together to insure the teams success, whether it be tenure, dealing with Sheldon or getting Penny's career on track.

I guarantee that in the 20+ years I've been with my husband he's NEVER been my sugar daddy nor will he ever be.  Now, if someone is offering to be one then I will happily take you up on the offer because I could certainly use the money.

Are we happy all the time?  No way.  Do we make sacrifices for one another without hesitation because we want the other to be happy?  Hell, yes.  As a prime example, I told my husband he could go over to his best friend's house whenever he wanted; all I wanted was a few hours notice.  Granted this was because said friend was dying of cancer but nevertheless I wanted them to spend as much time together as possible.  I gave up some things I wanted to do because it would've cost too much for a sitter but I wouldn't trade all the time they were able to spend together before our friend passed away for anything.

• Like 1

Not fair at all to characterize Leonard as sugar daddy to Penny, or to crucify Penny;  She is a kind, sweet, compassionate girl.   Leonard loves Penny, he could care less about supporting her financially, he wants to give her the life she never had, maker her happy.  Lets postulate, if Leonard lost his job, Penny would be there to support him in anyway she could.  Who ever has followed Lenny over the seasons, Penny means the world to Leonard.  Who knows, she might get that big chance in a movie or not; but so what, the main thing is that they have each other.   The great thing about Leonard, is that he truly supports her.  Not too much plausibility on the views stating that Penny is dependent on Leonard.  These are two people that love each other and are planning to spend the rest of their lives together as a married couple.  They will certainly face hardship, good moments, sadness, happiness in their lives together; but that is the reality in a relationship.  Of everyone in the gang, Lenny are the ones that have changed the most and because of that, everyone around them has changed too to the positive.  In the beginning Penny was the attractive blond next door, fantasy girl to most guys and Leonard was the extremely socially awkward guy that believed he would die alone.  Look at them now, truly different people.  Penny is much more mature, and not dumb at all as she was unfairly portrayed up to season 4 to the point of being sexist.  Like Stuart said, " Leonard makes Penny look into the world deeper " .  She was tough enough to admit to Leonard that she felt insecure and jellous when Alex hit on him.  Look at Leonard, no longer the socially awkward guy, but the confident, driven, decision maker capable; all that due to Penny. They truly complement each other.

• Like 8

Not fair at all to characterize Leonard as sugar daddy to Penny, or to crucify Penny;  She is a kind, sweet, compassionate girl.   Leonard loves Penny, he could care less about supporting her financially, he wants to give her the life she never had, maker her happy.  Lets postulate, if Leonard lost his job, Penny would be there to support him in anyway she could.  Who ever has followed Lenny over the seasons, Penny means the world to Leonard.  Who knows, she might get that big chance in a movie or not; but so what, the main thing is that they have each other.   The great thing about Leonard, is that he truly supports her.  Not too much plausibility on the views stating that Penny is dependent on Leonard.  These are two people that love each other and are planning to spend the rest of their lives together as a married couple.  They will certainly face hardship, good moments, sadness, happiness in their lives together; but that is the reality in a relationship.  Of everyone in the gang, Lenny are the ones that have changed the most and because of that, everyone around them has changed too to the positive.  In the beginning Penny was the attractive blond next door, fantasy girl to most guys and Leonard was the extremely socially awkward guy that believed he would die alone.  Look at them now, truly different people.  Penny is much more mature, and not dumb at all as she was unfairly portrayed up to season 4 to the point of being sexist.  Like Stuart said, " Leonard makes Penny look into the world deeper " .  She was tough enough to admit to Leonard that she felt insecure and jellous when Alex hit on him.  Look at Leonard, no longer the socially awkward guy, but the confident, driven, decision maker capable; all that due to Penny. They truly complement each other.

I love this post! You shine a light on the love we've watched grow for seven years! They really have grown up together and have always been friends whether they were lovers or not. When they have hurt each other it hasn't been with malice and they have always been able to forgive each other.I never thought for a minute that Penny was a gold digger throughout the whole time.The way I see it is that Leonard loved Penny from the first"hi", and Penny learned to love and trust the man who became her best friend.  It was never about money.

• Like 3

Compare Penny and Alicia, and it sheds a light on how genuine and kind hearted Penny is. Alicia that chick who moved up stairs, was really a goldigger I mean she used the guys, she even accused Penny of doing the same thing, that didn't go well ala cat fight. Leonard: What are you doing? Howard: I know your stupid enough to stop this lol. Difference is Alicia took and never gave, Penny took the guys out to dinner straight away, and even in S2 I think it was Leonard banked on Penny owing him for getting money back from Kurt. Alicia had this mean streak where as Penny was almost naïve to the guys geekiness at first, but she never tried to deter it, or downplay it. Remember in S1 the guys were playing I think Guitar Hero, and Howards like "Come on Penny were just trying to find our sound" Penn: "I think you found it, its the sounds of cat's drowning" haha. I do admit I miss those years, it was really a cute show about eggheads and their hottie neighbour. Although I have also enjoyed seeing Penny be fully integrated into the group, and see theshow slowly mature "One of us one of us"...

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I really think the hottie across the hall and the nerd died when they got together in season 3. After that it was about two people trying to deal with each other and the feelings they had for each other. Priya was just a rebound relationship and Zack was too, but since Leonard suffered so much when they broke up, Penny had to suffer longer that is why she dated so little and without conviction. They still have some things to work out, Penny knows she wants Leonard but still has self worth problems and Leonard still needs to feel secure with Penny. The proposal response is a perfect example of Leonard's lingering insecurity, he thought she wanted to break up, when it was something she had never even considered. When you think about it, Penny has never even inferred she was thinking about breaking up with him, since she admitted to him that she loved him. They still have some issues and they still need some more balance in their relationship, but I do only see then progressing from now on, with speed bumps along the way.

• Like 2

I agree with SRAM that the hottie and the nerd story went away or began to go away in season 3 when Leonard and Penny became a couple.  However,  I never got the idea in the 7.23 this when Penny said "we could get married" that at anytime in that scenario that she hinted at breaking up. 

I did not understand Leonard at first in his response but after watching it again and thinking about I understaood what he meant.  Leonard wanted to make sure that Penny was not just settling for him., but that she really wanted him for her husband.  

I agree that Leonard is still insecure about his height and whether or not he is good enough for Penny, which he needs to get past.  He is obviously good enough.  He is very smart, he was recruited to work with Stephen Hawking's team in the North Sea and he also disproved the Chinese experiment that was supposed to have confirmed Sheldon's discovery.  He is also able to work in a team environment.  I can easily seeing someone like Leonard eventually becoming not only a tenured professor but eventually the head of a physics department.  As for Penny, he loves her unconditionally and is willing to care for her in good times or bad, and Penny knows that.  He gives her love and security which outweighs the physique and looks of a Kurt. 

• Like 3

Go Oldnavy! There is now no plausible or sensible scenario where these two break up themselves up. I can imagine catastrophe or employment pressures, or maybe someone has to leave to care for a dying parent, but the likelihood of say infidelity or losing interest seems way, way remote. Would Penny do the runaway bride thing? Would Leonard? I know they are going to have disasters and drama, because that's what they do, but not a breakup. As Leonard said, in a meta way, the engagement was kind of anticlimactic - we were all waiting for it and they have already rehearsed all the breakup scenarios known to our species.

Though Leonard in a white dress fleeing in a FedEx van, would be funny to watch.

• Like 2

I would dare say at this point in her life if Penny had a choice between a "Kurt" type or a "Leonard" type she would choose Leonard every single time. Reminds me of Monica and Chandler when that cheese guy had a lot in common with her and She was like to Chandler "I don't think we were destined to be together, we were best friends who fell in love, and work really hard on our relationship, some days really hard" haha. Although part of that applys to the story of Lenny, I do believe Lenny were destined to be together, I mean the story is a off chance meet when the hot girl moved next door, every nerds fantasy. Boy meet Girl cute who develop a friendship, the boy takes mail over just to get close to girls apartment, girl is intrigued by this socially awkward guy and the rest of his friends, they were interesting and endering to Penny, most likely most of the group she hanged out with were "cheerleader" type friends, and her guy friends were "sporty" type friends. Where as starting to bond with a group of guys who were socially awkward, but intellectually brilliant really challenged Penny on a level she had never been challenged before. When you think about it early parts of BBT similar to Seinfeild, the girl and the four guys arch, I do agree that the whole premise of the show changed from four eggheads and their hottie neighbour probably as soon as the S2 finalie, when Penny realized the depth of her feelings for Leonard. Then obviously in S3 they started dating officially, it then became two people trying to define the identity of their relationship, although it was a "expereimental" relationship, they also genenualy cared for each other, but they also had a problem in the massive egomaniacal tyrant that is Sheldon Cooper haha, early on which was emphazised in that chocolate scene. Sheldon's world order was disrupted, so he struggled to play hypnotenuse between Lenny. So in S4 when their was a sign Lenny was back on to pease Penny's father, Sheldon was not happy "Oh not this again". Because of the lack of depth in their relationship though, most of Lenny in S3 was all physical, it really showed their sexual chemistry coming to the forefront, and more about lust then any real honesty. Part of that was being in a relationship for the first time, and part of it was neither Penny or Leonard had probably been in a relationship quite like this one. Leonard's type based on socities conventions and rules is someone more "smarter", someone more "educated", and who on paper is more compatible like Priya for e.g. And Penny's type was a dumb gym guy, like Kurt or Zac e.t.c. And most of those relationships for Penny were physical based relationships, as a viewer you never saw any real relationship with those select guys, we just heard stories about their sex life. Like in S1 finalie when Penny broke up with Mike for blogging about their sex life, they did it in Subways, Restaraunts, parks e.t.c. Where as with Leonard being the socially awkward guy, I remember in S4 Penny revealed when Penny took her clothes for the first time he giggled lol. So Leonard was just this socially awkward guy living in a fantasy, it opened a new world of possibilities, being with someone who is self independent, beautiful.

But also warm and affectionate something he never experienced seeing his mother is Beverley haha, was a new and exciting experience for him. And for Penny being with a guy who intellectually challenged her like no guy ever did, helped her outgrow her "type", and made her realize theirs more to dating and general human and relationship construct then Physical Beauty. Kurt for example may have a better Physique and Looks then Leonard, but Leonard offers her a lot more then any guy ever did, he intellectually challenges her, and because of their unspoken bond he loves her unconditionally, even when they were Friends he always looked after her and generally cared about her. So when Leonard dropped the L bomb, it felt a natural time for him to drop it, he had basically been in a relationship with her since they meet haha, where as Penny was just getting used to the idea of dating a guy like Leonard, so she was not ready for that level of emotional commitment, which really exploded in the bowling scene. But I understand why that did, Penny was isolated, Leonard was really putting her under a lot of pressure, pushing the issue not letting her have any room to breathe at all, then obviously the evil Walt put an idea in her head, that its best to end it now then hurt someone in the long run, of course he just wanted to beat Sheldon. So Penny ended things because at that stage her commitment phobia was in full throttle mode, another part of it is later on you could see she realized she was taking Leonard for granted. Even in S4 when she was hanging out with Amy and Bernadette, Amy made a comment about if you were suddenly ready for a full commitment with Leonard, how would you feel if he was suddenly unavailable, she stormed off and slammed the door in typical Penny style haha.

Then when Priya came along, you saw a difference, you then started too see Penny feel insecure, opposed to Leonard every time Penny had a new guy, it really mirrowed Leonard in S1 particualarly. I think too Penny also resented the way Priya was dressing Leonard, Penny made comments how she felt that she had a big effect on Leonard, and Priya's taking all the recognition for it. So that whole season was Penny realizing her true feelings, and it taught her in the future not to take Leonard for granted, and not to keep her options open. As while she is young and does not want to commit to Leonard straight away, probably because apart from the fact they are neighbours, and if didn't work out then it cause a conflict in their friendship. But also she kinda could tell, Leonard was endgame for her, so she is just being a typically, young women who wants to live life to the fullest, nothing wrong with that. Her drinking was a problem in S4 tho, I never thought it was an issue, more then just the writers over exaggerating it for effect. For e.g. in S4 the girls went out, and Amy got really drunk and Penny hardly drank at all, showed a lot of maturity. Then S4 finalie happened, that made Penny hit rockbottom, and made her re evaluate her life choices, so Priya and S4 finalie was really a catalyst for change in the show. As much for the pursits re 1-3 the characters were no where near as strong, as honest, and as believable as they are now, it was a cute show but it has really turned into an ensemble piece since then, change happens every day even in tv land, 1-3 if it was still like it is then as it is now, would achieve absolutely nothing, it definatley wouldent be the #1 show on tv that's for sure. Then in S5 when Lenny reunited in the Recombination Hypothesis, they almost entered a reboot of their relationship, Lenny 2.0. A Beta version to iron out any bugs, while this really forced their chemistry, it also taught them to talk out their issues, and taught them the art of compromise.

So moments like in S3 having a fight over Penny's ex musician, or Penny breaking up with Leonard in a very public way just does not happen anymore. In S6 Valentines Day ep really highlighted that, Penny is no longer hulking out and Leonard is no longer letting her. He challenges her a lot more now, and It was the beginning of them entering a stage where their relationship is a lot more honest now, and they started to trust each other a lot more, and ever since S5 they started to become equals. So Lenny 2.0 I in S5 was the beginning of them adding depth to their relationship. In Holocast Excitation was thee outcome of that, Penny realizing again how smart Leonard is, and it was the moment she fell in love with him, be funny if Leonard suddenly freaked out and said "Thank you" haha. So when Penny blurted out "You know that I love you", before then instrincley she had already established she was in love, so she finally had the required depth to not worry about her insecurities of telling a guy she loves them then not working out, and just to articulate her emotions.  Since then they have become more Monica and Chandler and less Ross and Rachel, they work hard on their relationship now, they do everything together, they are almost attached at the hip now haha, I mean since S6 they have been almost inseperable apart from the Expedition in S6 finalie, which prob made Penny's heart even more fonder like in S2 finalie. With all the Penny and Leonard not having anything in common, and not being compatible, while fundamentally this is true, if you look closer they cannot be any more compatible. Apart from having very passive aggressive parents, while Penny and Leonard had very different upbringings and lifes clearly, most of their relationships with people have been a direct or indirect effect to their relationships with their parents, Penny with her father and Leonard with his mother. You also notice when it comes to Leonard Penny has always been a lion protecting her herd, she can be very territorial with other women, example Stephanie who I actually liked with Leonard, she walked in the morning in her boxes, how does that not scream Back off women I don't know haha. Leonard also early on even when he was interested in other women, would always drop sublte hints like "So you still dating that guy" "Yeah" "Ok good too know". Their feelings for each other always underlid all their life choices, almost like it was staring them in the face from the very beginning, and its only now they are getting the required depth to articulate their feelings, and fully embrace they belong together.    

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Maybe I read it wrong but I assumed SRAM was referring to the earlier tipsy proposal.