The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Did someone say the sides are out for the second episode of TBBT?

Yes, they have 2 pages of script involving a Pizza boy. It's a L/P/S scene in Penny's apartment.

I'll be interested to see if NCIS takes a viewership hit with Ziva leaving the show.  The first two episodes will probably dominate with people wanting to see how she leaves.  But they could experience a drop off after that if they don't get the right female lead to fill her role.

Yeah like in the case with Taahm, when Charlie left the ratings were up about 1 mill from S8, but then had a bit of a dip from 14 mill to 13 mill in S10. Taahm tho has always had consistent ratings reguarly hitting above 12 mill in a season. Taahm used to be big in the 18-49 demo, but it has dropped alot in that the past two seasons, it is interesting I don't think it has anything to do with Ashton Kutcher, more due the times changing, network slot, other competition. Friends reguarly was in the Top ten and even when other shows came along still domianted that NBC Thursday time slot, partly due to the uniqueness of the characters. TBBT is the same overtime the authenticity of the characters well continue to grow as the ratings well. 

Edited by 3ku11

Yes, they have 2 pages of script involving a Pizza boy. It's a L/P/S scene in Penny's apartment.

Ok, thanks. So he is back with Penny by episode 2. I really hope he is in her apartment because he moved in.

Ok, thanks. So he is back with Penny by episode 2. I really hope he is in her apartment because he moved in.

He is on a boat for 3 months and they celebrate by ordering a pizza lol?

• Like 1

Well, we don't know how long he's been back. So they may be all celebrated out.

• Like 1

Yeah like in the case with Taahm, when Charlie left the ratings were up about 1 mill from S8, but then had a bit of a dip from 14 mill to 13 mill in S10. Taahm tho has always had consistent ratings reguarly hitting above 12 mill in a season. Taahm used to be big in the 18-49 demo, but it has dropped alot in that the past two seasons, it is interesting I don't think it has anything to do with Ashton Kutcher, more due the times changing, network slot, other competition. Friends reguarly was in the Top ten and even when other shows came along still domianted that NBC Thursday time slot, partly due to the uniqueness of the characters. TBBT is the same overtime the authenticity of the characters well continue to grow as the ratings well.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that TaaHM has dropped a lot. They lost 0.7 rating point from the 2009-2010 season to last season. They did lose a whole point from the 2011-12 season, but 2011-12 was up 0.3 from 2009-2010 (yes, I know 2010-11 is missing). And, hell, American Idol lost 1.2 and 1.6 on Wednesday and Thursday nights, Modern Family lost over a half a point, and New Girl lost over 2. Total viewership for the 18-49 demo is down by ~30% over the last three years, which would translate into a about a 1.5 drop for TaaHM, quite a bit more than the 0.5 they fell in the last three years.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that TaaHM has dropped a lot. They lost 0.7 rating point from the 2009-2010 season to last season. They did lose a whole point from the 2011-12 season, but 2011-12 was up 0.3 from 2009-2010 (yes, I know 2010-11 is missing). And, hell, American Idol lost 1.2 and 1.6 on Wednesday and Thursday nights, Modern Family lost over a half a point, and New Girl lost over 2. Total viewership for the 18-49 demo is down by ~30% over the last three years, which would translate into a about a 1.5 drop for TaaHM, quite a bit more than the 0.5 they fell in the last three years.

Yeah it's not that bad my bad I get into a habit of generalizing with Taahm now it's past its prime so to speak haha, but yeah 1.5 is not that bad

Edited by 3ku11

If they brought him back at the end of episode one, then I can see them being more casual in episode 2, because the writers tend not to link the episodes too much.  Since the last episode of season 6 is linked to the first episode of season 7, they might act like nothing happened in episode 2.  I think the longest linking of episodes is when Howard went to space.

I would like to see Penny have to compete for Leonard's time with the gang and Sheldon, when he comes back, that would be funny, hearing her say "I can't get a break".

• Like 4

Well, we don't know how long he's been back. So they may be all celebrated out.

They could have spent the last week 'celebrating', (Penny had probably saved her vacation [if any] for Leonard's return) and only now are they getting around to looking at Leonard's pictures and eating pizza. Since we have Sheldon getting his own take-out food it's a good bet Leonard hasn't spent a lot of time at L/S's Apt.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 3

They could have spent the last week 'celebrating', (Penny had probably saved her vacation [if any] for Leonard's return) and only now are they get around to looking at Leonard's pictures and eating pizza. Since we have Sheldon getting his own take-out food it's a good bet Leonard hasn't spent a lot of time at L/S's Apt.

I hope they catch a break away, off camera at least. Bernadette and Howard got some alone time - and hurt themselves with fun. If there are any cranberry juice jokes we will know there has been too much fun for someone. (Too low taste for here?).

• Like 2

I hope they catch a break away, off camera at least. Bernadette and Howard got some alone time - and hurt themselves with fun. If there are any cranberry juice jokes we will know there has been too much fun for someone. (Too low taste for here?).

As delicate a way to indicate a lot of sex on Leonard's return as I can think of.

I'm not entirely wild about the implication that everything is back to normal in the second episode. I would hope they milk the trip for a little more than that. Maybe the trip will figure into Leonard getting tenure during the November sweeps.

• Like 2

If part of the duties of tenured staff is to schmoose potential donors into donating, then Leonard has a two legs and an arm up on Sheldon. Of course Raj's parents could show up and lay a big donation on cal-tech to help him. So we'll have to see.

• Like 1

If part of the duties of tenured staff is to schmoose potential donors into donating, then Leonard has a two legs and an arm up on Sheldon. Of course Raj's parents could show up and lay a big donation on cal-tech to help him. So we'll have to see.

He's got two shapely legs and a chest in a low-cut Little Black Dress, up on Sheldon.

• Like 5

If they brought him back at the end of episode one, then I can see them being more casual in episode 2, because the writers tend not to link the episodes too much.  Since the last episode of season 6 is linked to the first episode of season 7, they might act like nothing happened in episode 2.  I think the longest linking of episodes is when Howard went to space.

I would like to see Penny have to compete for Leonard's time with the gang and Sheldon, when he comes back, that would be funny, hearing her say "I can't get a break".

Haha yeah the irony, seeing since the Pilot Leonard has always had to work for Pennys attention, be kinda funny if Leonard comes back with a new attitude, now see's himself as a rock star, "Oh yeah sure sweety I can put you in for a 5:00pm Dinner after I sign the whole of Pasadenas autographs" Not that I am saying being on a boat automatically makes Leonard some kinda of cool guy, but in terms of profile and status, can imagine Sheldon hating it haha.

As delicate a way to indicate a lot of sex on Leonard's return as I can think of.

I'm not entirely wild about the implication that everything is back to normal in the second episode. I would hope they milk the trip for a little more than that. Maybe the trip will figure into Leonard getting tenure during the November sweeps.

Regina King coming back must be in connection with tenure. L will be the most likely recipient and provide lots of story lines - S jealousy etc....

• Like 2

It would be funny if Leonard started to get a whole lot of attention at CalTech, and it drove Sheldon nuts.  I could see Penny opening her door late at night to find Leonard in his robe, carrying his pillow, asking to sleep in her apartment, because Sheldon won't let him sleep, telling him how unworthy he is of all the attention.

• Like 4

It would be funny if Leonard started to get a whole lot of attention at CalTech, and it drove Sheldon nuts.  I could see Penny opening her door late at night to find Leonard in his robe, carrying his pillow, asking to sleep in her apartment, because Sheldon won't let him sleep, telling him how unworthy he is of all the attention.

I can imagine his first day back at the unviersity he rocks in with his beard an all, and Sheldon was in a middle of his trademark rants, everyone diverts their attention to Leonard that would really get under Sheldons skin, I can this Season Sheldon going back to classic old Sheldon, bitter, resentful, and over-zealous. Because I want too see more interaction between the guys Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, and Raj hardly saw any of that with the realationships being the focus, not theirs anything wrong with that, Lenny was the highlight of S6, but looking forward to some more balance in S7.

• Like 1

Ok, how about this, last year, Sheldon didn't like the attention Howard got after coming back from space. This year, he doesn't like the attention Leonard gets after coming back from the North Sea. If we find something for Raj, Bernadette and Amy, Sheldon can be driven mad for the next three years, taking us to season ten. Then, in season 11, Sheldon wins the Nobel, goes back to be all condescending, as the show ends.

• Like 5

I can imagine his first day back at the unviersity he rocks in with his beard an all, and Sheldon was in a middle of his trademark rants, everyone diverts their attention to Leonard that would really get under Sheldons skin, I can this Season Sheldon going back to classic old Sheldon, bitter, resentful, and over-zealous. Because I want too see more interaction between the guys Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, and Raj hardly saw any of that with the realationships being the focus, not theirs anything wrong with that, Lenny was the highlight of S6, but looking forward to some more balance in S7.

I am visualising Sheldon's response to Leonard trimming his beard over the sink, he may need to get some draino. New roommate agreement clause coming in banning beards.

• Like 3

He's got two shapely legs and a chest in a low-cut Little Black Dress, up on Sheldon.

And Sheldon's got whatever Amy has. To be fair, we don't know just what Amy has. She could be quite attractive 'under all those layers of wool and polyester'. We know that Mayim looks much better than Amy, so they could 'glam her up' in the future. And some of the board might like her better than Penny, it's a matter of taste. Probably not, but it would be an interesting twist.

Regina King coming back must be in connection with tenure. L will be the most likely recipient and provide lots of story lines - S jealousy etc....

I was under the impression that she was at a campus mixer, after being dumped, and that Raj was going to hit on her. Based in the 'gracesides' from the first episode. Of course the sides aren't always accurate.

And Sheldon's got whatever Amy has. To be fair, we don't know just what Amy has. She could be quite attractive 'under all those layers of wool and polyester'. We know that Mayim looks much better than Amy, so they could 'glam her up' in the future. And some of the board might like her better than Penny, it's a matter of taste. Probably not, but it would be an interesting twist.

I was under the impression that she was at a campus mixer, after being dumped, and that Raj was going to hit on her. Based in the 'gracesides' from the first episode. Of course the sides aren't always accurate.

Penny caould wear overalls and still look better then Amy on her best day no offense to Mayaim or Amy :)

Leonard getting tenure would be a perfect setup for some sort of Shamy intimacy, as in the episode where Kripke's work is found to be superior to Sheldon's. I like the idea alluded to by 3ku11 that Leonard receives a lot of attention through nomaction of his own. Howard rammed gong to space down everyone's throat, which was his style. Leonard's style is passive and diffident. That would burn both Sheldon and Howard, as neither would be the center of attention. Howard kept grinding on how going to the North Sea was nothing like going to space. It is true, and obvious. No one was suggesting it was either. Sheldon just hates whenever anyone else, but Leonard in particular, is the center of attention and he isn't. He just doesn't rock a swagger like Howard. Actually, I think that Leonard could be a bit uncomfortable with a lot of attention. The only person he ever really has wanted to impress is Penny. He knows he can't impress his mother.

• Like 3

^ Leonard and Penny have alot in common in the fact they always seeked approval from their parents, Leonard from his cold distant mother, who based love and defined love on intelligence not emotional value. And Penny's father I think always wanted her a certain way, I don't know if that is accurate or true, but Penny alluded to that, when she was speaking to Leonard's mother, she has a psychological anomaly, in a way her acting is her escaping from reality and trying to self actulize her reality. That's where I think Leonard and Penny connect in a way. But yeah Leonard has always wanted to impress Penny due to many reasons.

• Like 3

^ Leonard and Penny have a lot in common in the fact they always seeked approval from their parents, Leonard from his cold distant mother, who based love and defined love on intelligence not emotional value. And Penny's father I think always wanted her a certain way, I don't know if that is accurate or true, but Penny alluded to that, when she was speaking to Leonard's mother, she has a psychological anomaly, in a way her acting is her escaping from reality and trying to self actualize her reality. That's where I think Leonard and Penny connect in a way. But yeah Leonard has always wanted to impress Penny due to many reasons.

The thing that the writers have given early on for the attraction that they have to each other is that neither Leonard or Penny got the acceptance they wanted from their most dominant parent, Leonard's mother and Penny's father.

Beverly treats Leonard as the runt of her litter, the least achieving of her three children. She views Penny as an affable sex toy for Leonard to play. The very first words we hear her say to Leonard are: "If you want to have intercourse with that girl, find out what kind of cologne her father wore". Her parting comment to L/P show the same thing: "She doesn’t have much in the way of career prospects, don’t make her responsible for her own orgasms as well". In the 100th episode, where L/P reunite, Sheldon quotes Beverly (in Leonard daydream): "The reason you’re fixated on a good-natured simpleton like Penny is that she’s the exact opposite of your first romantic attachment, your brilliant yet intimidating mother".

Wyatt, on the other hand, loves his "little slugger" but thinks she picks loser boyfriends just to spite him. He has a "Bromance" with Leonard, who he considers his daughter's only salvation. You can imagine him praying that Leonard will get Penny to the alter, like yesterday. We know Leonard called him to plan his big date during the "Beta Test" and I imagine that he wants regular updates on Leonard's progress to the final goal.

Since the second season when Leonard's mother first visits, the writers have wanted us to know that the reason why L/P bond so tightly is because of the history with their parents. They have a whole lot more in common than either of them understood.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 6