The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted

Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

They could have spent the last week 'celebrating', (Penny had probably saved her vacation [if any] for Leonard's return) and only now are they get around to looking at Leonard's pictures and eating pizza. Since we have Sheldon getting his own take-out food it's a good bet Leonard hasn't spent a lot of time at L/S's Apt.

I don't know, when Sheldon is under stress, he sometimes has a dream sequence. This could be that. The "nightmare" of L/P ignoring him.

Leonard gone for just one episode seems too abrupt. And really, Pizza? Leonard? Giant gaseous continuity fail.

Edited by Disgusted

Ok, how about this, last year, Sheldon didn't like the attention Howard got after coming back from space. This year, he doesn't like the attention Leonard gets after coming back from the North Sea. If we find something for Raj, Bernadette and Amy, Sheldon can be driven mad for the next three years, taking us to season ten. Then, in season 11, Sheldon wins the Nobel, goes back to be all condescending, as the show ends.

Or.... last episode of the series and we find out that Stuart, in addition to his artwork, dabbles in fiction writing, and the entire story about the rest of the gang was just Stuart's own fiction.  And for the final frames we see Stuart in his comic book store with different characters (not the same actors) who look like our geeky heroes and we learn were the inspiration for Stuart's writing.   Oh wait, and a friend of his had convinced Stuart to send the story to some Hollywood types, Lorre and Prady or something,  and they want to create a TV show around the idea.

Kind of ties in to our own fan fictions, except the part about us selling the idea to Lorre and Prady.

There it is....

Or.... last episode of the series and we find out that Stuart, in addition to his artwork, dabbles in fiction writing, and the entire story about the rest of the gang was just Stuart's own fiction.  And for the final frames we see Stuart in his comic book store with different characters (not the same actors) who look like our geeky heroes and we learn were the inspiration for Stuart's writing.   Oh wait, and a friend of his had convinced Stuart to send the story to some Hollywood types, Lorre and Prady or something,  and they want to create a TV show around the idea.

Kind of ties in to our own fan fictions, except the part about us selling the idea to Lorre and Prady.

There it is....

Too Rosanneish. That series ends showing the entire series was just a book Roseanne's character wrote. It was based on her (TV) life and what the show presented, were the changes she made to her book. For example, her husband had a heart attack but in the show(and of course the book) it showed him surviving. In her characters life, the husband actually died. There were quite a few other changes, but of course the audience only found out about what really happened in the characters life in the last 5-10 minutes of the last show.

The thing that the writers have given early on for the attraction that they have to each other is that neither Leonard or Penny got the acceptance they wanted from their most dominant parent, Leonard's mother and Penny's father.

Beverly treats Leonard as the runt of her litter, the least achieving of her three children. She views Penny as an affable sex toy for Leonard to play. The very first words we hear her say to Leonard are: "If you want to have intercourse with that girl, find out what kind of cologne her father wore". Her parting comment to L/P show the same thing: "She doesn’t have much in the way of career prospects, don’t make her responsible for her own orgasms as well". In the 100th episode, where L/P reunite, Sheldon quotes Beverly (in Leonard daydream): "The reason you’re fixated on a good-natured simpleton like Penny is that she’s the exact opposite of your first romantic attachment, your brilliant yet intimidating mother".

Wyatt, on the other hand, loves his "little slugger" but thinks she picks loser boyfriends just to spite him. He has a "Bromance" with Leonard, who he considers his daughter's only salvation. You can imagine him praying that Leonard will get Penny to the alter, like yesterday. We know Leonard called him to plan his big date during the "Beta Test" and I imagine that he wants regular updates on Leonard's progress to the final goal.

Since the second season when Leonard's mother first visits, the writers have wanted us to know that the reason why L/P bond so tightly is because of the history with their parents. They have a whole lot more in common than either of them understood.

Good points about the acceptance of the dominant parent. It suggests one of the crucial bonding scenes with Leonard and Penny was when they were drinking to ease the pain of Beverly. This was the second time Penny wanted sex from Leonard. Further, I think Penny started to transfer her need of acceptance from Wyatt to Leonard.

• Like 1

Good points about the acceptance of the dominant parent. It suggests one of the crucial bonding scenes with Leonard and Penny was when they were drinking to ease the pain of Beverly. This was the second time Penny wanted sex from Leonard. Further, I think Penny started to transfer her need of acceptance from Wyatt to Leonard.

I think Leonard also adds stability in her life, instead of the rollercoaster life she had with other guys.  He is sort of her first adult relationship, that is why they are both sort of virgins in their relationship.

• Like 5

I think Leonard also adds stability in her life, instead of the rollercoaster life she had with other guys.  He is sort of her first adult relationship, that is why they are both sort of virgins in their relationship.

I think that 'virgins in their relationship' is the key. Neither of them had a stable, equal, honest

relationship prior to this one. And by this one I mean the one starting in season five. Their first time together (s3) was hardly stable, equal or honest. For two people who were used to jumping in bed on the first or second date, their agreement to take it slow along with the big report indicates they were learning about adult ratio ships. As silly as this my sound, Priya forced Leonard to grow up more than he had with Penny the first time, even though that relationship had its own problems.

• Like 4

I don't know, when Sheldon is under stress, he sometimes has a dream sequence. This could be that. The "nightmare" of L/P ignoring him.

Leonard gone for just one episode seems too abrupt. And really, Pizza? Leonard? Giant gaseous continuity fail.

You can order pizza without cheese. And there are lactose free cheeses.

http://cheese.about.com/od/cheesebuyingguide/f/What-Is-Lactose-Free-Cheese.htm

And you can order lactose free pizza in LA.

I don't remember Leonard eating pizza.  You can get salads and pasta at any pizza place...

Give me a couple hours to find it for you. There's at least one scene showing Leonard eating it.

In season 4 episode 16 ( The Cohabitation Formulation), Leonard is eating pizza (he has a plate with pizza and salad on it, and at 13:29 to 14:00 (on my copy) he is shown holding a slice, and chewing in some shots.

And as I said you can order lactose free pizza in LA.

http://www.godairyfree.org/dining-out/suggested-restaurants/us-ca-los-angeles-cruzer-pizza-a-pasta

Not an endorsement.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

In season 4 episode 16 ( The Cohabitation Formulation), Leonard is eating pizza (he has a plate with pizza and salad on it, and at 13:29 to 14:00 (on my copy) he is shown holding a slice, and chewing in some shots.

http://www.godairyfree.org/dining-out/suggested-restaurants/us-ca-los-angeles-cruzer-pizza-a-pasta

Not an endorsement.

I knew there was a scene of him eating pizza. Thanks for finding it.

Not an endorsement.

Thank you for finding that and thanks Tensor for looking.  Never knew there was dairy free pizza...awesome!

When I was younger I delivered pizza, and sometimes they wanted no cheese. I always thought it was a waste, like caffeine free diet Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

Well as far as Leonard being lactose intolerant, it may also be that he did make exceptions and just "paid for it" hehe  :icon_razz:

Well as far as Leonard being lactose intolerant, it may also be that he did make exceptions and just "paid for it" hehe  :icon_razz:

He must have because Penny knew how bad he got when she told Priya about it at the Cheesecake Factory.

Too Rosanneish. That series ends showing the entire series was just a book Roseanne's character wrote. It was based on her (TV) life and what the show presented, were the changes she made to her book. For example, her husband had a heart attack but in the show(and of course the book) it showed him surviving. In her characters life, the husband actually died. There were quite a few other changes, but of course the audience only found out about what really happened in the characters life in the last 5-10 minutes of the last show.

Didn't know that - I was thinking of St. Elsewhere's final episode.  Not the fiction writer's story but the child's imagination.

Didn't know that - I was thinking of St. Elsewhere's final episode.  Not the fiction writer's story but the child's imagination.

Roseanne sprung to mind because of all the Roseanne connections on TBBT. Of course, there are actor connections in TBBT to all of Lorre's shows that were on before TBBT premiered. It's just that there are more from Roseanne than any others.

Roseanne sprung to mind because of all the Roseanne connections on TBBT. Of course, there are actor connections in TBBT to all of Lorre's shows that were on before TBBT premiered. It's just that there are more from Roseanne than any others.

If you think about it their are alot of connections between Taahm and TBBT too, alot of the props in the kitchen in TBBT is used in Taahm, if you notice. I know this has nothing to do with Roseanne lol, just making the connections.

As silly as this my sound, Priya forced Leonard to grow up more than he had with Penny the first time, even though that relationship had its own problems.

Silly at all not. Much learning by both from Priya was. Mmm.

(this exemplifies silly)

But Priya did them both a favour. And tempered them. I defend S4 for its outcomes. :).

Silly at all not. Much learning by both from Priya was. Mmm.

(this exemplifies silly)

But Priya did them both a favour. And tempered them. I defend S4 for its outcomes. :).

Pria was the catalyst for change from S4 onwards, it taught Penny not to take Leonard for granted, it was so easy for her just to go back to dating a certain type of guy, but Leonard was the measure of where her relationship identity and self actulization was measured againgst, it also taught her to trust Leonard alot more. I mean who did Pria think she was dressing Leonard like she was his mother or something lol, and also the comment about "Who woulden't want to go out with a boy in a mans body" Oh yes Pria forgot Leonard was schudled that very night for an very important tea dinner with the royals ;) Pria was very snubbish in general, never liked her hard to beleive she is Raj's sister.

Raj acts the entitled snob too. We get glimpses. Priya was very much a product of a class system, layered with a hint of meritocracy. Very old culture. Lots of issues. But not unpacked at all on the show.

Raj acts the entitled snob too. We get glimpses. Priya was very much a product of a class system, layered with a hint of meritocracy. Very old culture. Lots of issues. But not unpacked at all on the show.

Yep hence why she attempted to implement that cultural system into their relationship, she seemed to care more what image their relationship sent out to society then Leonard, it was really a makeup of her background. Raj has been conditioned to Western Civilization Culture, so much of that Higher Class Culture has been beaten out of him, but like you said glimpses are their. 

Yep hence why she attempted to implement that cultural system into their relationship, she seemed to care more what image their relationship sent out to society then Leonard, it was really a makeup of her background. Raj has been conditioned to Western Civilization Culture, so much of that Higher Class Culture has been beaten out of him, but like you said glimpses are their.

I'd hazard a guess they are lurking, waiting. Expatriates hold on to things, is my experience. So not beaten out, but kept in check. We will maybe see.

... So much to look forward to (goes to fanboy mode)!!!

I think that 'virgins in their relationship' is the key. Neither of them had a stable, equal, honest

relationship prior to this one. And by this one I mean the one starting in season five. Their first time together (s3) was hardly stable, equal or honest. For two people who were used to jumping in bed on the first or second date, their agreement to take it slow along with the big report indicates they were learning about adult ratio ships. As silly as this my sound, Priya forced Leonard to grow up more than he had with Penny the first time, even though that relationship had its own problems.

I can see your point, season 3 Penny treated him like any other boyfriend and now she treats him as her possible future husband. That is another reason they can't break them up. Except for romantic Shenny's did anyone really like them broken up in season 4.

• Like 1