Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

I think the point here is that Penny didn't pick a team to be competitive. She got paid.

I would suggest a couple of other reasons for Leonard not wanting to be on Penny's team. Maybe he didn't want to get distracted by his girlfriend (i.e. want to have sex or generally fool around. Penny is known for having sex in unusual places. Leonard might not be there yet.). Maybe he wasn't prepared to deal with Penny and a logic problem. Not that he thought she was stupid, but just fearing the situation would be fraught with potential issues. My take is that Penny was over sensitive to Leonard suggesting not couples and ditched him for Sheldon pretty damn fast, who she thought would be the best partner to win. Both of them are competitive, and that could be a problem when they try to work together. Unless it was clear that everyone should just have fun, then I would NOT have wanted my girlfriend, no matter how smart. Penny seemed to be almost looking for a reason to team up with Sheldon, to win.

We often wonder why Penny and Leonard are so bonded. I think we got a good look. They share a number of characteristics, particularly competiveness. The whole scene with Gretchen getting proposed to in the restaurant in the VD episode is a fne case study of Penny being competitive. In her mind, Gretchen won. Does Penny realize that she's actually won, as Leonard is as faithful as one could hope, while Gretchen's fiancee cheated on Penny to get with Gretchen. I often think that Penny still insufficiently respects her good fortune in being with Leonard. Leonard may be a bit tone deaf in relationship situations, such as this most recent episode, but that us a minor flaw. It looked to me like Penny was almost spoiling for a fight. Did she suggest couples first? Did she jump on Bernadette's idea right away? Did she state that she preferred couples after Leoanrd suggested names out of a hat. No. She took his hesitation as a slight against her intelligence, then immediately picked the proported smartest guy in the room. One could even imagine she manipulated the situation so as to abandon Leonard.

I agree with most of that a part from the last part, I know where near agree that she mainipulated the situation to abandon Leonard. I mean in the next episode we have Leonard monopolizing the situation to gain sex, so their are a lot of boundary testing here from Leonard and Penny. I think Penny had every right to feel insulted by Leonard's implication that she is not intelligent enough to be on Team Hofstedtter, although Leonard never specifically said he diddn't want Penny on his team. From Penny's vantage point the actual idea that Leonard suggested Penny is not very intelligent when it come's to Science, was almost like a knee jerk reaction, so sub-conciousley you could argue to get back at Leonard, she wanted to choose the most guarenteed way of winning, and seeing it was an intellectual challenge Sheldon was the best bet, although Penny found him frustrating in the end, seeing Sheldon's way of processing thing's is very meticulus, and Penny saw no reason to respect his process, when the end result is the same, it was just time wasting from her POV. So the design of the whole Scavenger Hunt was to bring out the best and worst in all the character's, they all got carried away some thing's were said, in the end Raj was the culprit haha. So I don't think she manipulated the situation, more of an reaction to the situation, and an attempt to proove Leonard wrong, which she did. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true Tensor.   The most consistent motif the writers have used with Penny is her insecurity about her intelligence and judgement. It pops up constantly in several episodes a season, starting with

Bullshit. My wife and I have OUR money. If money is budgeted for her to get clothes or for me to get clothes, neither one of us is giving the other money for clothes, we are using OUR money to get clo

OK, I went and re-watched the show tonight. I was looking at how Leonard and Penny reacted and it became obvious it was a no-win for Leonard. He was obviously sticking his foot in his mouth while tryi

Posted Images

Another scene from The Cushion Saturation I thought it was funny when Sheldon shot her...

Penny: "What the hell", and Penny shot Sheldon back

Leonard: "Penny Sheldon's right your eliminated", so he proceeds to shoot Sheldon to defend Penny's honour. It was short and sweet but I thought it was nice Leonard would defend Penny like that without even thinking about it :).

It was literally a twofer. Revenge for Penny and hoisting Sheldon. A little Pyrrhic, as they all went down, or off to Denny's. The defence of her honour might be a stretch, but it was a justified act in my mind.

Eta : And

It is always fraught competing with or against an SO. There are whole shows (Survivor, Race Around the World) based on this (intractable or wicked) problem. I think this was resolved fairly gracefully, all things considered. No stabbings and Raj on the lam. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

It was literally a twofer. Revenge for Penny and hoisting Sheldon. A little Pyrrhic, as they all went down, or off to Denny's. The defence of her honour might be a stretch, but it was a justified act in my mind.

Yeah I get that I remember Sheldon wanted revenge for Penny ruining his spot, and Penny wanted revenge for well getting hit with paint lol. But the act of the situation, when Leonard hit Sheldon with paint with swift action although was really Leonard hoisting Sheldon, the act itself implied responding to Sheldon hitting Penny with paint, like I said it was subtle given the situation but I thought it showed Leonard's assertive side ;)

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

I just watched the third episode again for the fifth time. Has anyone else noticed that Penny wasn't wearing the locket that Leonard gave her before he left for the North Sea? I also looked at the couple of pictures on the CBS site for the fourth episode and It doesn't appear Penny is wearing it on that episode either. Isn't it odd that she would stop wearing it after only two episodes? Or am I just worrying about nothing?

I just watched the third episode again for the fifth time. Has anyone else noticed that Penny wasn't wearing the locket that Leonard gave her before he left for the North Sea? I also looked at the couple of pictures on the CBS site for the fourth episode and It doesn't appear Penny is wearing it on that episode either. Isn't it odd that she would stop wearing it after only two episodes? Or am I just worrying about nothing?

She wore it for two episode's in a row, she is also no longer holding onto the snowflake Leonard gave her too. I don't think she need's to wear it constantly to validate her relationship with Leonard, she well prob wear it again eventually, so yeah think you are worrying about nothing.

She wore it for two episode's in a row, she is also no longer holding onto the snowflake Leonard gave her too. I don't think she need's to wear it constantly to validate her relationship with Leonard, she well prob wear it again eventually, so yeah think you are worrying about nothing.

Yes I'm probably worring about nothing. However, if you notice Bernie always wears the star that Howard gave her after he came back from space.

Edited by SodidIwin?

What happened to the snowflake?

Yes I'm probably worring about nothing. However, if you notice Bernie always wears the star that Howard gave her after he came back from space.

Doesn't look like Penny is wearing the necklace again in 7.4 either.  OF course, maybe she just wore it while Leonard was away.  Now that he is back she has the real thing :)

• Like 2

I saw this. I parked it. I can't go down that road LOL.   I'm still waiting for a wake-up scene too. Maybe that's just assumed now and is not necessary (yes it is, sometime).

• Like 1

They are married though and live together, maybe Penny just happened to not be wearing it, she has her independance too so I don't think she feel's she need's to be attached to the hip with Leonard. Maybe Penny misplaced it lol, I don't know.

Hate to go there but the prop dept artmet most likely gets a heads up from writers as to what is important, I think they have not decided what they want to go with for the couple, lets face it they have Leonard acting on an impulse (or problem form season 2), is Penny a viable mate considering she is not as smart as Leonard?  When is Leonard going vocalize that his desires for Penny go beyond her physical beauty, we saw a bit of this talking to Raj, after they broke up, but when is he going to look at Penny and say "you and only you would have cared about what happened with Sheldon's WOW stuff, only you would have been there and that is why I love you"

This is a little old but....(Spoiler Chat)

Sanna_o75: Will there be anything about if Penny will perhaps propose to Leonard this season?? #BigBangTheory

Funny you should ask! We recently caught up with the Big Bang creators Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro on the Emmy's red carpet this past Sunday, and we asked if a Penny/Leonard engagement is in the works. Lorre explains that fans will have to wait a little bit more before Penny puts a ring on it. "That's a big step for the series and that's a big step for the couple. There's a lot of growth that can come about in both characters before we can make that move," he says. However we will get a super sweet reunion when Leonard returns from his expedition in the second episode!

http://www.eonline.com/news/463403/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-vampire-diaries-big-bang-theory-scandal-game-of-thrones-and-more

Hate to go there but the prop dept artmet most likely gets a heads up from writers as to what is important, I think they have not decided what they want to go with for the couple, lets face it they have Leonard acting on an impulse (or problem form season 2), is Penny a viable mate considering she is not as smart as Leonard?  When is Leonard going vocalize that his desires for Penny go beyond her physical beauty, we saw a bit of this talking to Raj, after they broke up, but when is he going to look at Penny and say "you and only you would have cared about what happened with Sheldon's WOW stuff, only you would have been there and that is why I love you"

I feel Leonard has already prooven that Penny's worth to him is beyond a physical attraction, although Leonard has yet to physically or verbally but his actions IMO since Season 3 has prooven he value's Penny beyond a physical attraction. Their is a mutual understanding growing between them, The Spoiler Alert EP last season is when Penny's self actulization started to mature, she used to define her happiness and success based on becoming a big star, but she is now realizing she has a great life and those ideals when she was younger are now being deconstructed, and expected standards and conventions have been altered. So although Leonard has yet to fully realize why he choose Penny, and why when it come's to Penny not even with Stephanie or Priya, he has a burning desire, with all information and factor's at hand he chooses Penny every single time. I feel Penny offer's something his mother never did Love and Affection, and Leonard is the guy who treat's Penny like a Queen, and is the guy who was dehchatomy of her insecurities and intimacy issues, she obviousley dated "type" guy's who she knew deep down would end up mistreating her, because she felt she diddn't deserve better. So I think the reason Leonard loves Penny because she is the only person who he can be himself, that moment well come but to me Leonard's actions over the series has more stood out to why he loves Penny IMO, and while Penny is not as smart as Leonard, I don't think that is as relevant anymore, TBH since S2 The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, when Leonard stormed in Penny realized extreme intelligence is not always relevant to how you feel about someone.

I for one didn't think you meant public embarrassment wasn't wrong. I thought you meant wanting to win wasn't wrong and I still disagree. If your desire to win has reached a point where you can insult your girlfriend in public or in private then you need to take a step back and reevaluate things. This game should have been about the fun and not just winning. Look at how Amy and Howard handled everything. They had fun. No one else did. I get that Leonard made a snap decision and that he quickly realized that he was wrong. Good for him because he was wrong. He hurt his girlfriends feelings because he wanted to win. Not cool. He handled everything after that about as well as he could in my opinion.

leonard "purpose" of saying those words was not good because at the car scene it is relieved that he didn't want her on his team not because he wanted to mix things up  . as you said that's not cool to insult someone (specially your girlfriend) to get something you want even if that is so important for you and in this case i don't think wining was important that much to anyone but bernie. but if you watch that scene one more time what leonard said was not insulting. i think penny insulted her self more by putting a comment on that and because of that she got insulted by shamy. if she didn't overreact none this would happen. she should bring this up when they were alone and first make sure what leonard meant by that maybe he really wanted to have more fun she didn't know that!

and leonard being that nervous about it was overreacting too. it was really nothing to behave like that (both of them)

i think what producers said about penny's proposal that there is a lot of growth on the way for both of them to get ready for getting married is totally right! they have a lot of things to work on!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Edited by arash

when did i say embarrassing your gf in public is not wrong!! it can't be more wrong!!! you think what leonard said caused public embarrassing for penny?!!! wow you're making a big deal of it!!!

You're the one making a big deal of it, you keep claiming Leonard is insecure and didn't do anything wrong. Leonard emarrasssed Penny, in public by not wanting to be on her team. Then you say Leonard did nothing wrong. So, by saying Leonard did nothing wrong by embarrassing Penny in public, you are saying there is nothing wrong with embarrassing your girlfriend in public.

i don't care what was in his mind but what he said wasn't bad and mistake!

What he said wasn't the issue. How he said it, is. He dissed his girlfriend by not wanting to be on her team.

public embarrassing is hugeeee mistake and if that was public embarrassing then we all make at least one of them each day !!!

Speak for yourself. And if we do embarrass someone, we should be apologizing to those we embarrass. That doesn't make us insecure. And whether or not WE do it, has nothing to do with Leonard embarrassing Penny.

come on man if he wanted to fix it what leonard said about i'm good with couples after Penney's comment was enough!

It might be for you. Wouldn't be for me, since it's not an apology. Penny didn't seem happy.

he apologized once in comic book store and god knows how many texts he'd sent her. really? isn't that being insecure? and my example was really related to this.

Yeah, he finally apologized to her in the comic book store. How many text he sends is irrelevant, he wasn't getting a reply.

penny didn't apologize because it didn't worth to apologize (as i think) because she is not insecure!!! but leonard is!!!

Nope, she is the insecure one. She doesn't want to talk about things.(although she is getting better) She just get mad, she's insecure about talking through problems. She's also stated she's insecure about the relationship, (Episode 5.12 "The Egg Salad Equivalency") as she knows that there are other women out there that want Leonard. And, Penny's insecurity has nothing to do with Leonard's claimed insecurity.

and apologizing her doesn't make him scared of losing her if it's at its time ! he just apologize a lot and 90 percent of them are not needed!!

Can you point any of those times after the beta test (episode 5.14). If it's before the beta test, there was insecurity, but that's not part of the current relationship.

that makes me start to think he is insecure! how many times did penny apologize leonard? compare it you'll get what i'm saying!

Someone who can't apologize is insecure, apologizing shows you have the confidence. And, yes, IN THE PAST, Leonard could be, and was, insecure. But he is not insecure now and hasn't been more or less since they got back together. He screwed up and just wanted to fix it.

I noticed you didn't address the following three points:

And how exactly is assuming that she'll let him stay in her apartment after not wanting him to stay a few months earlier an example of insecurity?

How is hanging up on her during a overseas call indicate insecurity?

And how is leaving for four months an example of insecurity?

I've got quite a few more, but we'll start with those and your examples of Leonard doing all the apologizing, 90% of which isn't needed.

• Like 1

You're the one making a big deal of it, you keep claiming Leonard is insecure and didn't do anything wrong. Leonard emarrasssed Penny, in public by not wanting to be on her team. Then you say Leonard did nothing wrong. So, by saying Leonard did nothing wrong by embarrassing Penny in public, you are saying there is nothing wrong with embarrassing your girlfriend in public.

What he said wasn't the issue. How he said it, is. He dissed his girlfriend by not wanting to be on her team.

Speak for yourself. And if we do embarrass someone, we should be apologizing to those we embarrass. That doesn't make us insecure. And whether or not WE do it, has nothing to do with Leonard embarrassing Penny.

It might be for you. Wouldn't be for me, since it's not an apology. Penny didn't seem happy.

Yeah, he finally apologized to her in the comic book store. How many text he sends is irrelevant, he wasn't getting a reply.

Nope, she is the insecure one. She doesn't want to talk about things.(although she is getting better) She just get mad, she's insecure about talking through problems. She's also stated she's insecure about the relationship, (Episode 5.12 "The Egg Salad Equivalency") as she knows that there are other women out there that want Leonard. And, Penny's insecurity has nothing to do with Leonard's claimed insecurity.

Can you point any of those times after the beta test (episode 5.14). If it's before the beta test, there was insecurity, but that's not part of the current relationship.

Someone who can't apologize is insecure, apologizing shows you have the confidence. And, yes, IN THE PAST, Leonard could be, and was, insecure. But he is not insecure now and hasn't been more or less since they got back together. He screwed up and just wanted to fix it.

I noticed you didn't address the following three points:

And how exactly is assuming that she'll let him stay in her apartment after not wanting him to stay a few months earlier an example of insecurity?

How is hanging up on her during a overseas call indicate insecurity?

And how is leaving for four months an example of insecurity?

I've got quite a few more, but we'll start with those and your examples of Leonard doing all the apologizing, 90% of which isn't needed.

before anything, in these discussions there is no Absolute fact. what are we saying is our personal opinion . what i'm saying is just what i think it is not a fact!as what are you saying is not.we just discus the things here as friends and explain why are we thinking that way!these are the basis of the discussion's topic!

1- as i said in my past post i'm not saying leonard purpose of what happened is ok i said what leonard said was not that bad to cause as you said a public embarrassing! what sheldon says always is a public embarrassing not this  or lenny's breakup at season 3 was public embarrassing for leonard. and they are close friends i don't think the word' public' is proper for this case( again this is my personal opinion not else)

2-what we can get from leonard sentence is not just that he didn't want penny on his team . why always should we see bad in people? if penny would let it go no one would mentioned it as a public embarrassing ! she insulted her self by making that seems big ! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

3-yes people are different. i myself don't apologize so easy i apologize when i feel i was wrong   . in this case Leonard was over reacting . he was wrong but he was wrong in his mind he didn't say something bad enough to (what he said wasn't proper)  cause all those problems. ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

4-she wasn't happy because she was over thinking that   ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

5-he was  dying of being nerves i don't think he were texting  her ' hi penny how is it going ' as i know him i can say he was saying he was sorry! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

6- she is the insecure one ? well this is your idea and i respect it. but i don't think it that way. yes she was once insecure in s06e12 and she had the all  right to be insecure because she heard that leonard liked it .but don't you remember s06e08  ? or season 3 when her friend was coming to stay at her house? i would name that being insecure in the bad way! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

7- this episode - s06e08 - ... and if i could remember other examples i will send you and notice 2 times for 30 twenty minutes episodes which contains 3 couples and raj and guest stars and it is not just about relationships is a big number  ( again this is my personal opinion not else).

8- your right   apologizing shows you have the confidence but when it's needed . in our guts we all don't like to apologize (i'm sorry i shouldn't use we because you may like it) because that shows we were wrong  why would some one apologize that much when it's not necessary because leonard wants keep penny with any cost and i would name this being insecure!!  ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

i didn't get what are you asking these questions ? i didn't talk about them .oh i was forgetting  bring your a few ones i'll answer them   (surprise in this sentences i said nothing that makes me say ' again this is my personal opinion not else')LoL

Edited by arash

leonard "purpose" of saying those words was not good because at the car scene it is relieved that he didn't want her on his team not because he wanted to mix things up . as you said that's not cool to insult someone (specially your girlfriend) to get something you want even if that is so important for you and in this case i don't think wining was important

Actually I said the writers wanted to mix things up. I'll admit I am a little confused as to why you think Leonard's belittling (for lack of a better word) his girlfriend is not an apology-worthy event. He hurt her feelings. He realized quickly that he hurt her feelings. Unintentional or not, or not I think if you care at all about your girlfriend then you try and make things right. You go to whatever lengths you feel are necessary to make things right and you worry. If he had not made a big deal about this then I would worry about him and his future with any girl let alone Penny.

• Like 1

I've decided I quite like this most recent episode, and it worked a lot better than the spoilers suggested (I'm sure the folks getting the reports for us did the best they could, but no one can anticipate how the scenes will be knitted together. They are doing as much as anyone could to get the information, and I thank them). The episode hit a lot of points for the entire group, although the focus was on Leonard and Penny. One interesting observation I made was that the only pairing that had ever occurred before was Sheldon and Penny. Bernie with Leonard, and Amy with Howard has never occurred before. I would suggest that Sheldon and Penny, and Bernie with Leonard will never happen again as a result of this episode (if the characters can help it). I was delighted by Howard and Amy, and it highlights a characteristic of Amy that is too seldom seen. She is fun, and not afraid to be a bit dorky while enjoying herself. In this sense, she's a great partner for Sheldon, or anyone else for that matter. The main problem with her pairing with Sheldon is that she worships him so much, she is afraid to push him too hard to have fun.

The central theme of the episode, Leonard and Penny, clearly pointed out what they need to work on to move forward. The issue of the perceived intelligence of Penny by the group has been discussed at length here, and that issue reflects a mindset of the lettered crowd. That is intelligence is measured by one's education. As one who has all those letters, and moves in those circles, I'm frequently reminded how much education does not equal intelligence. Some of the dumbest people I know are highly educated. The BBT group has picked on Howard relentlessly about his "lack" of a Ph.D., particularly his wife. As a side note, Bernie has to be one of the more emasculating women I've seen on TV. More on this later.

Penny has demonstrated on many occasions that she is intelligent (she beat Leonard in chess first time out, and I wonder if Sheldon needed to invent 4D chess to stay ahead of Penny). Even when Penny says something that appears stupid, it is often simply an error of education, not intelligence. This was on display in the Professor Proton episode. As an uneducated person, Penny made some good observations. Leonard really needs to learn the difference between education and intelligence. Leonard's task going forward is to figure out how to put to rest Penny's insecurity about her education, by assuring her of her intelligence. This marks the second time Leonard has had a bad time betting against Penny. 

There may be other reasons why Leonard didn't want to pair with Penny. I mentioned those earlier, but mainly they are small things compared to Penny's big insecurity. He needs to learn the real lesson of "The Ornithiphobia" episode. Sex with Penny is a given, but he still needs to do things he might not enjoy in order to make her happy and feel good about herself. He should take her to Jennifer Aniston movies because she enjoys them, and he should take his pleasure from pleasing her. 

I think it has been insufficiently discussed that Penny needs to deal with Leonard's insecurity with respect to her. That Bernie could successfully lie to Leonard about Penny thinking he is a pussy shows that this is a well-known insecurity of his. And well-known in some dangerous ways for their relationship. To my knowledge, Leonard and Bernie have never hung out. The only information Bernie would get about Leonard would be from Howard, from the girl talk, and from watching Leonard and Penny in the larger group. Bernie doesn't know Leonard is a pussy (not that he is, but she has no reason to conclude that from being with him) she has been told that Penny thinks he is a pussy. This is what Leonard suspects, anyway. Penny has not been good at dealing with this, and indeed has been as guilty as Leonard is with regard to her intelligence. 

The problem is that they are fighting fairly obvious facts. Penny hasn't finished community college, and hangs out with high caliber Ph.D.s  Everyone's first assumption is that she is a dumb blonde, otherwise she should have gotten the education. Leonard is a short, out of shape asthmatic. He is not physically intimidating, so most would immediately think wimp, and it isn't a long jump to pussy (i.e. one without courage). Leonard has clearly showed he has courage, just as Penny has shown she has intelligence. They both need to figure out how to deal with this. Two good questions would be, does Leonard get that she is clever, and does Penny know that Leonard has massive amounts of courage? This needs to be resolved for them to move forward, and the producers quite rightly pointed out that there needs to be some growth before a proposal. 

It was interesting that they paired Amy and Howard together after the Bernie/Amy trip. Amy was attracted to the guy at the bar that most resembled Howard. To then pair them one episode later and show that it worked is very interesting indeed. I'd like to see Bernie and Sheldon, as it has been shown that Bernie has no trouble handling Sheldon, and is more of a match to Sheldon in the ruthless competition aspect. 

All in all, a good episode for Penny and Leonard, as even with the disagreements, there was no threat to the current relationship. Penny needs to remind everyone that she truly believes that Leonard is both courageous and great in bed (she's downplayed that way to much lately) and Leonard needs to convince himself that Penny is clever and intelligent.

• Like 1

before anything, in these discussions there is no Absolute fact. what are we saying is our personal opinion . what i'm saying is just what i think it is not a fact!as what are you saying is not.we just discus the things here as friends and explain why are we thinking that way!these are the basis of the discussion's topic!

1- as i said in my past post i'm not saying leonard purpose of what happened is ok i said what leonard said was not that bad to cause as you said a public embarrassing! what sheldon says always is a public embarrassing not this  or lenny's breakup at season 3 was public embarrassing for leonard. and they are close friends i don't think the word' public' is proper for this case( again this is my personal opinion not else)

Of course everyone has an opinion, but if your opinion can be shown to be wrong,or based on faulty data, what then? Again, it wasn't what Leonard said, it was how he said it and how he said it was an embarrassment to Penny. You don't think it proper to use public? Would you talk about you sex life in front of friends, because after all, it's not public, right?

2-what we can get from leonard sentence is not just that he didn't want penny on his team . why always should we see bad in people? if penny would let it go no one would mentioned it as a public embarrassing ! she insulted her self by making that seems big ! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

What else do you think he meant? If he wanted Penny, why didn't he say he wanted Penny? And now your saying it's OK for Leonard to insult Penny, she should just let it go.

3-yes people are different. i myself don't apologize so easy i apologize when i feel i was wrong   . in this case Leonard was over reacting . he was wrong but he was wrong in his mind he didn't say something bad enough to (what he said wasn't proper)  cause all those problems. ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

Of course it's your opinion. But the way it's written doesn't support that. Leonard was written as thinking he was wrong. I don't know how you see it differently. But I'll be more than happy to listen to you.

4-she wasn't happy because she was over thinking that   ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

So, it's not alright to get upset, if you think you've been insulted or embarrassed?

5-he was  dying of being nerves i don't think he were texting  her ' hi penny how is it going ' as i know him i can say he was saying he was sorry! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

Of course he was saying he was sorry, he had messed up and was trying to make it right.

6- she is the insecure one ? well this is your idea and i respect it. but i don't think it that way. yes she was once insecure in s06e12 and she had the all  right to be insecure because she heard that leonard liked it .but don't you remember s06e08  ?

Yes, and Leonard had a right to be insecure because Penny didn't tell him she was texting Cole or doing a project with him. Penny was also insecure in 6.03 (The Higg's Boson Observation) and 6.15, "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation" (where she was uncomfortable with him moving in(and which showed Leonard's confidence), and 6.16 "Tangible Affection Proof", where she thought he was breaking up with her (and again several examples of Leonard's confidence)

or season 3 when her friend was coming to stay at her house? i would name that being insecure in the bad way! ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

As I said, anything before "Beta Test (5.14) doesn't really apply, so this example is moot.

7- this episode - s06e08 - ... and if i could remember other examples i will send you and notice 2 times for 30 twenty minutes episodes which contains 3 couples and raj and guest stars and it is not just about relationships is a big number  ( again this is my personal opinion not else).

Examples of Leonard's non-insecurity and Penny's insecurity, since the Beta Test.

5.23 After a deserved apology for proposing during sex, he pushes her to give him an answer later in the hallway.

5.24 Leonard speaks of the problem between him and Penny to Sheldon, Sheldon blabs about it. Penny makes comments about it and Leonard makes comments right back, not apologizing.

6.01 Leonard pushes Penny to define their relationship (he doesn't get an answer, but he does push)

6.03 Penny is insecure, when she sees Alex hitting on Leoanrd.

6.05 Leonard is confident in his presentation of his work, this excites Penny.

6.08 Leonard deservedly worries about the situation with Cole. Penny was texting and working with him, and didn't tell Leonard. Leonard does something rather stupid by confronting Cole and apologizes for it, deservedly so. Penny declares her love for him.

6.11 Leonard turns down sex to play Dungeons and Dragons.

6.12 Leonard get hit on by Alex, he doesn't tell Penny, Penny finds out and gets mad, Leonard apologizes (again deservedly so). However, Penny is insecure in the relationship now and for the first time we see Leonard pulling Penny into a bedroom for sex.

6.13 Penny wants some of Leonard's makeup, he turns her down.

6.15 Leonard leaves the apartment and moves into Penny's apartment. She's insecure about the move.

6.16 Leonard tells Penny, she's ruined the night, calls her a bitch and tells Penny she has to propose. Penny is again worried that he is breaking up with her.

6.19 and 6.20 They are show working as a team, to throw a cocktail party and then with Penny supporting Leonard in his question for Tenure.

6.21 Penny is insecure about their lack of common interests, until Penny declares she is passionate about Leonard.

6.24 Leonard is confident enough in the relationship that although sad he'll be away from her, he leaves for four months away from her.

7.01 Leonard hangs up on a overseas phone call, Penny doesn't think he is missing her as much as she misses him.

7.02 Leonard has enough confidence to come home early to stay with Penny, even though she didn't want him to move in six months earlier.

7.03 Leonard has enough confidence to realize he embarrassed Penny and is willing to apologize for that act.

Let's see, to quote you (with a slight change in numbers. 17 times for 30 twenty minutes episodes which contains 3 couples and raj and guest stars and it is not just about relationships is a big number. Would your opinion say 16 is a much larger number than 2?

8- your right apologizing shows you have the confidence but when it's needed . in our guts we all don't like to apologize (i'm sorry i shouldn't use we because you may like it) because that shows we were wrong  why would some one apologize that much when it's not necessary because leonard wants keep penny with any cost and i would name this being insecure!!  ( again this is my personal opinion not else)

I think there's enough examples there to show he is not insecure. But, by all means, if you can show that those examples above don't apply, I'll be interested.

i didn't get what are you asking these questions ? i didn't talk about them .oh i was forgetting  bring your a few ones i'll answer them   (surprise in this sentences i said nothing that makes me say ' again this is my personal opinion not else')LoL

I was asking those questions because they specifically refute your contention that Leonard is insecure. He was insecure during the first 9 months they were together in season three. But that insecure Leonard does not exist anymore.

Actually I said the writers wanted to mix things up. I'll admit I am a little confused as to why you think Leonard's belittling (for lack of a better word) his girlfriend is not an apology-worthy event. He hurt her feelings. He realized quickly that he hurt her feelings. Unintentional or not, or not I think if you care at all about your girlfriend then you try and make things right. You go to whatever lengths you feel are necessary to make things right and you worry. If he had not made a big deal about this then I would worry about him and his future with any girl let alone Penny.

well i don't know . i really care about my girlfriend and if i belittled her i would apologize her immediately !

my whole point is that it was not a big deal that we can name it belittling or public embarrassing he said couples are "great" ... but it looks like that was a big deal because i've written 5 or 6 long posts with my phone and it is odd because i usually don't post about Tv shows even drama ones but now i'm here ( imagine that!)

what i can say is that we should wait until next episodes to see what will happen!! i think it's a good end point for this matter until next episodes.

thanks to everyone who take a part in this.

well i don't know . i really care about my girlfriend and if i belittled her i would apologize her immediately !

my whole point is that it was not a big deal that we can name it belittling or public embarrassing he said couples are "great" ... but it looks like that was a big deal because i've written 5 or 6 long posts with my phone and it is odd because i usually don't post about Tv shows even drama ones but now i'm here ( imagine that!)

what i can say is that we should wait until next episodes to see what will happen!! i think it's a good end point for this matter until next episodes.

thanks to everyone who take a part in this.

I send stuff from my phone all the time.  I have to be able to talk about my fav show wherever I am :)  We can agree to disagree I guess on whether Leonard really screwed up or not with the teams.  But be prepared to start this all up again after next week because I have a feeling we'll be right back here trying to ascertain whether or not Leonard screwed up and how bad.

Of course everyone has an opinion, but if your opinion can be shown to be wrong,or based on faulty data, what then? Again, it wasn't what Leonard said, it was how he said it and how he said it was an embarrassment to Penny. You don't think it proper to use public? Would you talk about you sex life in front of friends, because after all, it's not public, right? What else do you think he meant? If he wanted Penny, why didn't he say he wanted Penny? And now your saying it's OK for Leonard to insult Penny, she should just let it go. Of course it's your opinion. But the way it's written doesn't support that. Leonard was written as thinking he was wrong. I don't know how you see it differently. But I'll be more than happy to listen to you. So, it's not alright to get upset, if you think you've been insulted or embarrassed? Of course he was saying he was sorry, he had messed up and was trying to make it right. Yes, and Leonard had a right to be insecure because Penny didn't tell him she was texting Cole or doing a project with him. Penny was also insecure in 6.03 (The Higg's Boson Observation) and 6.15, "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation" (where she was uncomfortable with him moving in(and which showed Leonard's confidence), and 6.16 "Tangible Affection Proof", where she thought he was breaking up with her (and again several examples of Leonard's confidence) As I said, anything before "Beta Test (5.14) doesn't really apply, so this example is moot. Examples of Leonard's non-insecurity and Penny's insecurity, since the Beta Test.5.23 After a deserved apology for proposing during sex, he pushes her to give him an answer later in the hallway.5.24 Leonard speaks of the problem between him and Penny to Sheldon, Sheldon blabs about it. Penny makes comments about it and Leonard makes comments right back, not apologizing.6.01 Leonard pushes Penny to define their relationship (he doesn't get an answer, but he does push)6.03 Penny is insecure, when she sees Alex hitting on Leoanrd.6.05 Leonard is confident in his presentation of his work, this excites Penny.6.08 Leonard deservedly worries about the situation with Cole. Penny was texting and working with him, and didn't tell Leonard. Leonard does something rather stupid by confronting Cole and apologizes for it, deservedly so. Penny declares her love for him.6.11 Leonard turns down sex to play Dungeons and Dragons.6.12 Leonard get hit on by Alex, he doesn't tell Penny, Penny finds out and gets mad, Leonard apologizes (again deservedly so). However, Penny is insecure in the relationship now and for the first time we see Leonard pulling Penny into a bedroom for sex.6.13 Penny wants some of Leonard's makeup, he turns her down.6.15 Leonard leaves the apartment and moves into Penny's apartment. She's insecure about the move.6.16 Leonard tells Penny, she's ruined the night, calls her a bitch and tells Penny she has to propose. Penny is again worried that he is breaking up with her.6.19 and 6.20 They are show working as a team, to throw a cocktail party and then with Penny supporting Leonard in his question for Tenure.6.21 Penny is insecure about their lack of common interests, until Penny declares she is passionate about Leonard.6.24 Leonard is confident enough in the relationship that although sad he'll be away from her, he leaves for four months away from her.7.01 Leonard hangs up on a overseas phone call, Penny doesn't think he is missing her as much as she misses him.7.02 Leonard has enough confidence to come home early to stay with Penny, even though she didn't want him to move in six months earlier.7.03 Leonard has enough confidence to realize he embarrassed Penny and is willing to apologize for that act.Let's see, to quote you (with a slight change in numbers. 17 times for 30 twenty minutes episodes which contains 3 couples and raj and guest stars and it is not just about relationships is a big number. Would your opinion say 16 is a much larger number than 2? I think there's enough examples there to show he is not insecure. But, by all means, if you can show that those examples above don't apply, I'll be interested. I was asking those questions because they specifically refute your contention that Leonard is insecure. He was insecure during the first 9 months they were together in season three. But that insecure Leonard does not exist anymore.
i will answer quickly because i can't reach pc now and with phone is too hard for me but after next episodes i will explain completelyagree and disagree! well i have explained it . look i know leonard idea was wrong and mistake . penny is not stupid even she was so good at the game but really if something like that happens in reality i won't think a normal couple acts like that this is what bothers me!they both need to grow up still.it meant what he said lets mix things up( i know he really didn't mean mix things up but is penny inside of his head maybe he was telling truth ) you may say others may think leonard didn't want couples as penny is dumb but right after that leonard explains . so in my idea this thing should stop right here .so you admit that he was apologizing by texting . so my question is when penny is ignoring him why he just let it go and back to it when penny is not that mad ( oh i want to add something when penny gets angry she is unstoppable) and how many times he should apologize for that?!add this to your causes-leonard said hello to penny when he came back in 7 01 so he is not insecure and he is so confidentc'mon i really want some one else to jude our causes for being insecureand say who is more insecure . penny has commitment issues don't take it wrong as being insecure. and i don't know!! not giving his make up to penny is a cause?! so i can make a lot of examples out those 2 !i suggest lets wait until next episodes then we have more things to go with at last i really thank u for responding my posts good luck

I send stuff from my phone all the time. I have to be able to talk about my fav show wherever I am :) We can agree to disagree I guess on whether Leonard really screwed up or not with the teams. But be prepared to start this all up again after next week because I have a feeling we'll be right back here trying to ascertain whether or not Leonard screwed up and how bad.
yeah i have read the next episode taping report and it has really good parts that support what i've said. but also tapping reports are kind of different . for example when i read episode 3 tapping report i really felt bad about what leonard said but when i watched it . it didn't seem big deal! Edited by arash

I send stuff from my phone all the time.  I have to be able to talk about my fav show wherever I am :)  We can agree to disagree I guess on whether Leonard really screwed up or not with the teams.  But be prepared to start this all up again after next week because I have a feeling we'll be right back here trying to ascertain whether or not Leonard screwed up and how bad.

I didn't think about that, but you're right, and next week is worse.  Penny gets a lot madder, so she turns his mother on him.  I really hope this isn't an omen that things are escalating between them.  We are going to need some true Lenny loving soon after 7.03 and 7.04.

• Like 3

I didn't think about that, but you're right, and next week is worse.  Penny gets a lot madder, so she turns his mother on him.  I really hope this isn't an omen that things are escalating between them.  We are going to need some true Lenny loving soon after 7.03 and 7.04.

agree there

Remember it will be Hawardette and Shamy fighting in 7.05 and Lenny will be cuddling on the couch watching, so all we have to do is make it through 7.04 and we get a breather.

• Like 7

Well in 7.5 I believe, there is no Lenny drama that we read about and they were cuddling under a blanket watching a movie while everyone else is having couples problems.

Remember it will be Hawardette and Shamy fighting in 7.05 and Lenny will be cuddling on the couch watching, so all we have to do is make it through 7.04 and we get a breather.

You beat me to it.