Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

I would say she's not wearing the locket because she doesn't need the reminder of having to wear it while Leonard was away, because that's what it symbolised for her. No essay. And I just did a week of digging deep into the tiniest things seen and written so I could write a very good essay. Bev would be proud of some of the work I did! I just think there's too much argument and after an episode airs people are like oh, there was no need to worry. Like, things are going really well for them :) 

• Like 1

First off, IMO 1 should not be stating what or what not other poster feel is important in any episode. In addition IMHO it is rather rude to state that any particular post is to long. Having said that, I would just like to state that IMHO the writers don't do anything without a reason. If they felt that Penny shouldn't wear the locket in this episode then it was for a reason. On top of that the pictures CBS chose to show us for the next episode Penny isn't wearing it again. I would submit that those two facts alone would allow a poster to bring the subject up. Personally since I'm such a huge Lenny fan I hope it means nothing. However, of the same token it is worth mentioning. After all the sweeps are coming very soon and just perhaps the writers are sending a message. Just saying! :)

Okay, ill say now i didnt mean what i said to come off as rude, im just saying that the huge posts are a bit much sometimes, especially considering most of it is just going round in circles. At some point someone just has to say 'okay, we cant agree here,' and move on. Dont get me wrong, I love the discussions that go on here most of the time, i just dont enjoy it when they are overly repetitive, that being said, it was just my opinion.

And i guess maybe i just didnt see such a big thing about Penny not wearing the locket, so sorry if i offended anyone there, i just tend to not worry about anything like that considering there are plenty of reasons she might not be wearing it and they dont have to be bad. :)

With that ill just put this in to keep the love going. We all love the Lenny, lets enjoy that a bit more guys.  :)

Twv-_Leonard_and_Penny.jpg

• Like 1

I would say she's not wearing the locket because she doesn't need the reminder of having to wear it while Leonard was away, because that's what it symbolised for her. No essay. And I just did a week of digging deep into the tiniest things seen and written so I could write a very good essay. Bev would be proud of some of the work I did! I just think there's too much argument and after an episode airs people are like oh, there was no need to worry. Like, things are going really well for them :)

When Leonard gave her the locket it was a very special moment. Two episode later she is not wearing it. What happen to the emotional attachment to the heart with Leonard's picture in it? I'm just saying that is a question worth asking. It could mean nothing. But it sure minamalizes the locket IMO. It either meant something special or it didn't. And as for your deep digging into the tiniest detail, I for one would love to read it. As saying that Bev would be proud, well for someone that was a disaster as a mother I wouldn't IMHO care if she thought it was worthy of distinction or not. Just saying! :)

When Leonard gave her the locket it was a very special moment. Two episode later she is not wearing it. What happen to the emotional attachment to the heart with Leonard's picture in it? I'm just saying that is a question worth asking. It could mean nothing. But it sure minamalizes the locket IMO. It either meant something special or it didn't. And as for your deep digging into the tiniest detail, I for one would love to read it. As saying that Bev would be proud, well for someone that was a disaster as a mother I wouldn't IMHO care if she thought it was worthy of distinction or not. Just saying! :)

Two questions.

1. Wasn't given to her to sort of remember him while he was gone?

2. Didn't Sheldon point out it was just a cheap locket?

• Like 1

Okay just gonna make a point that the locket can still have emotional significance, it can still be a special piece of jewellery to her, that doesn't mean she has to wear it everyday. It can still mean a lot to her, and I'd bet that it does, but that doesn't mean she can't ever take it off. :)

Sorry, I forgot to also state that I agree with you that there is quite a bit of arguing here, and they are In a very good place at the moment (writers please don't change that!). So hopefully we all can start discussing wedding plans!!!!! :) :) :) :)

• Like 2

I totally love people having different ideas on these things! It's really interesting. 

Sometimes I think things just go too far and too negative and too much and it just goes in circles - I do love reading some things but sometimes it's just all the same and it's a lot to take in is all, especially in one go! 

Oh, I meant that I was studying those things and that Bev would be proud of the work I did! It's just started to all come out when I watch the show now and write, because in my mind while doing seminars I was thinking back to these characters a lot (sorry Plato and Euripides.) I probably could write an essay here ha! But I won't. The Freud book on my desk is enough for now... 

But yeah. I guess I don't worry very much about these things that much and go for a most positive explanation. For me, I just thought she wouldn't want to wear it when he's back because it's a reminder of the time he was away and that was obviously difficult for her, as we saw in the first episode. I don't think the emotional significance of the locket is gone, to me it's actually bigger now because for me I just think, she doesn't need to be reminded of that time, she has him now... and hopefully start thinking about a different piece of jewellery ;):) *faint wedding bells*

well. is this lenny's topic right?this topic is for everything which is related to these 2 ! i know the disscution between me and tensor got so long but we 've gone this far so i think we should keep on to make the conclusion or what we did was for nothing . if here wasn't for these discussions , you were right .and if these posts are bothering i only have one more short post which i'll make it after tensor respond. and after that i'm done with this! and i won't involve my self into discussions anymore because i felt i'm making others uncomfortable!! Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Edited by arash

well. is this lenny's topic right?this topic is for everything which is related to these 2 ! i know the disscution between me and tensor got so long but we 've gone this far so i think we should keep on to make the conclusion or what we did was for nothing . if here wasn't for these discussions , you were right .and if these posts are bothering i only have one more short post which i'll make it after tensor respond. and after that i'm done with this! and i won't involve my self into discussions anymore because i felt i'm making others uncomfortable!! Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Noone feels uncomfortable, and please continue to post, just saying maybe you all can find a point where you just agree to disagree and move on, thats all :)

• Like 3

Question for Chiara-epidermically? Not sure I get your usage, there. Or is it a joke I missed?

I so wish I could pass it off as a joke. Unfortunately, it is just a dreadful (and improper) Gallicism. In French, we can use the phrase "réagir de manière épidermique" (lit. to react epidermically) to indicate an immediate and usually defensive reaction to a perceived attack. I suppose the "epidermis" allusion has to do with the image of somebody spontaneously retreating when touched in a painful way. 

I probably should have written "Penny reacted prereflexively" or something like that.

Forgive my French. Literally ;)

I've flipped on 7.04 completely, It will be fine (it has to be, and I haven't got the energy to stay mad). And there will be a nightie. If she ever wears trakkie-dacks, then they are in trouble (or it's cold or she is exercising her right to dress however she wants). And in general, making this relationship work is like stuffing an octopus into a string bag. Something is always going slip out.

I am wondering if we get a big payoff this season and what that could be.

There has to be. There always is. 

Which brings me neatly to...

Leonard & Penny are gonna be fine this season. Of course they're going to have silly little arguments over stupid things like they did in the Scavenger Hunt. They're human beings. This stuff makes them fun and interesting. 

Just wanted to throw some positivity in here :)

Being one the guilty parties here, I do have to apologise. I accept that reading pages upon pages of play-by-play analysis of every single minute detail in an episode can definitely make one believe a significant portion of the Lenny fanbase has the same approach to "doom and gloom" as Jack has to Ennis : we wish we knew how to quit it. 

However, I would like to make a quick distinction. There is a difference between drama and tragedy. 

Tragedy is basically "doom and gloom", when everything goes south : children crying, couples breaking up, people dying, sons murdering their fathers and marrying their mothers, Michael Bay getting the green light to direct the movie adaptation of a TV show you liked as a child... That kind of "please somebody stab me in the eye with a smallpox-infected spork and let me bleed to death with dignity" stuff. 

Drama simply means things happening, changing, evolving. In and by itself, it is no more "doom and gloom" than it is "happy go lucky".

There will be Lenny drama this year. That we can be certain of. Why ? Because they are a fictional couple and fiction cannot exist without drama, i.e. action. There is no such thing as smooth sailing in television and Leonard and Penny, being a TV couple, are pretty much doomed to hit stumbling block after stumbling block, for the sake of our depraved, post-modern entertainment.

Some of the Lenny drama will be "good" (namely it will get giffed to death before the episode is even broadcast on the West Coast, à la ILY crisis of 2012); some of it will be "bad" (i.e. it will be referred to only in passing by PTSD-suffering, foetal-position adopting 'shippers with barely enough rage in them to hit the keyboards with their fists and/or heads... like the breakup-that-shall-not-be-named). Regardless, now that the Lenny is pretty much unbreakable (for a variety of intra and meta reasons), it will all be "good" in the end for all the drama will bring the couple closer to the finish line. 

Therefore, the eagerness with which some of us attempt to spot the outline of a dramatic development is not to be confused with a perverse inability to enjoy the goodies. Not entirely at least. It is more of a guessing game : what is this year's particular brand of drama going to be ? Will it be a "Penny has commitment issues"-centered drama ? Or more of a "Leonard has no idea what he is doing"-focused drama ? Gee, I wonder !

Basically, it is about trying to outsmart the writers and guess what their next move is going to be. We can all place our bets and gloat shamelessly if/when what was anticipated does happen. No need to be a pain-junkie to participate. It is all for fun. 

We all know how the Lenny will end : blissful marriage + "smart and beautiful" (potentially asthmatic) babies. The only question is : how many kicks up the maximus gluteus is it going to take to get there ? I say 37. Because I am a hopeless optimist. ;)

Edited by Chiara
  • Like 2

Making fellow posters uncomfortable wouldn't be a logical reason to abandon the site. However, to write theories just to incite the forum is another issue. I personally would appreciate your continued input. On the other hand if you are simply, for what ever the reason, stating "opinions" simply to incite this forum then I would have no problem with your proposal of not inciting this forum in the future. I only say this because there are other avenues for you to push your agenda. For one example you could begin your own thread. :) I may even have the inclination to try an reason with your hypothesis. Although at this point I'm not really sure what that is. But  don't take that as a criticism, I've been traveling quite a bite lately and I may have not read each and every one of your posts. :) 

^ To add to above post - lets all remember the show is a sitcom thus the drama should provide some form of humour at times - don't take every bit of drama too seriously! Some of it, yes, but a lot of it will be for the purpose of making the audience laugh. It's like when people moan about the science not being correct. The shows purpose is not to teach us about Physics, or comic books, or the periodic table. The drama makes it real, the science doesn't have to be accurate, it's a comedy. And the Leonard and Penny ship sails strong, with no Krakens! :) It's cool that people wanna discuss this stuff, because obviously we're all passionate about these two and want the best for them. Woo! 

I reckon the drama will lead to some very exciting things... even if it's just like, "one day I want to have yo babies" 

Ahh noo can you imagine if this season ended with Penny walking into a mens jewelry store?! 

• Like 4

^ To add to above post - lets all remember the show is a sitcom thus the drama should provide some form of humour at times - don't take every bit of drama too seriously! Some of it, yes, but a lot of it will be for the purpose of making the audience laugh. It's like when people moan about the science not being correct. The shows purpose is not to teach us about Physics, or comic books, or the periodic table. The drama makes it real, the science doesn't have to be accurate, it's a comedy. And the Leonard and Penny ship sails strong, with no Krakens! :) It's cool that people wanna discuss this stuff, because obviously we're all passionate about these two and want the best for them. Woo! 

I reckon the drama will lead to some very exciting things... even if it's just like, "one day I want to have yo babies" 

Ahh noo can you imagine if this season ended with Penny walking into a mens jewelry store?! 

NO KRAKENS! :)

Penny walking into a men's jewelry store?! YES!!!! :) :) :) :)  IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! :) :)

Yes, I'M a Lenny SHIPPER!!!! :)

Making fellow posters uncomfortable wouldn't be a logical reason to abandon the site. However, to write theories just to incite the forum is another issue. I personally would appreciate your continued input. On the other hand if you are simply, for what ever the reason, stating "opinions" simply to incite this forum then I would have no problem with your proposal of not inciting this forum in the future. I only say this because there are other avenues for you to push your agenda. For one example you could begin your own thread. :) I may even have the inclination to try an reason with your hypothesis. Although at this point I'm not really sure what that is. But don't take that as a criticism, I've been traveling quite a bite lately and I may have not read each and every one of your posts. :)

i think no one but me and tensor were reading those posts they were really long!

i understand completely. because i moderate three sites comparison section(about phones games etc..) and i myself sometimes really get tired of some posts there . i face these problems every day! and god thanks people are polite here. sometimes those comparison topics get so insulting.

in fact when someone mentioned something about my posts i realized that maybe now I'm the one who is writing those annoying post and i have experienced how those posts can be annoying! so, as i said i just will write a short post after tensor respond to make my whole point and after that I'm done !

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Perhaps we should all stop and reflect why this particular thread began. Some of us have mentioned on this thread that we haven't heard from the "C-Trane" for quite a while. I for one sincerely hope that C-Trane is healthily and well. However, maybe should stop and reflect why this thread began? Therefore, following is the original statement of this thread:

"Before I start off let me just say that I understand that not everyone is a fan of the romantics that seem to be taking place more and more as the new season progresses. I'm get it, everyone has their own opinions and knows what they want to see. there's nothing wrong with that.

Myself on the other hand, I got into the show because of the L/P relationship. I saw a couple episodes of season 3 on tv and was hooked immediately. I loved how they interacted with each other, how a l "nerd" like Leonard managed to get a women like penny, and just all around the way the way the show portrayed a relationship like this. Not only that but it gives off a sense of hope almost. I understand its a TV show but hey, if a guy like Leonard can pull off a girl like penny, hell... maybe theres hope for the rest of us in the world after all haha.

Anyw ho, as I've been browsing the site, i have found that i haven't be able to talk about the L/P relationship as much as i would love to be lol. So i figured i would start a topic where everyone (who wanted) could just discuss the movements, evolution, problems, fights, scares, emotions, and anything else that happens between the two. A topic dedicated to talking about where we think the relationship will go, if it will last, and if not will it ever be fixed?

Maybe its weird but i just love this couple and wanted a topic that any time i looked at a post i would know the general idea of it is L/P"

All I know is that I began loving this couple when I just had significant surgery and it just also happened that it was the middle of season one. For me I saw a lot in come in with wife and I. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this other than there are plenty of other threads posters can share there opinions . I for one welcome everyone's opinion. However, as C-Trane said why they began this thread, this is a place to enjoy the "LENNY". If you are presupposed to think any other shipper is better then kindly begin your own thread and "get at it"! :)

• Like 3

I so wish I could pass it off as a joke. Unfortunately, it is just a dreadful (and improper) Gallicism. In French, we can use the phrase "réagir de manière épidermique" (lit. to react epidermically) to indicate an immediate and usually defensive reaction to a perceived attack. I suppose the "epidermis" allusion has to do with the image of somebody spontaneously retreating when touched in a painful way. 

I probably should have written "Penny reacted prereflexively" or something like that.

The English phrase you are looking for is to "react instinctively." :-)

• Like 2

Perhaps we should all stop and reflect why this particular thread began. Some of us have mentioned on this thread that we haven't heard from the "C-Trane" for quite a while. I for one sincerely hope that C-Trane is healthily and well. However, maybe should stop and reflect why this thread began? Therefore, following is the original statement of this thread:

"Before I start off let me just say that I understand that not everyone is a fan of the romantics that seem to be taking place more and more as the new season progresses. I'm get it, everyone has their own opinions and knows what they want to see. there's nothing wrong with that.

Myself on the other hand, I got into the show because of the L/P relationship. I saw a couple episodes of season 3 on tv and was hooked immediately. I loved how they interacted with each other, how a l "nerd" like Leonard managed to get a women like penny, and just all around the way the way the show portrayed a relationship like this. Not only that but it gives off a sense of hope almost. I understand its a TV show but hey, if a guy like Leonard can pull off a girl like penny, hell... maybe theres hope for the rest of us in the world after all haha.

Anyw ho, as I've been browsing the site, i have found that i haven't be able to talk about the L/P relationship as much as i would love to be lol. So i figured i would start a topic where everyone (who wanted) could just discuss the movements, evolution, problems, fights, scares, emotions, and anything else that happens between the two. A topic dedicated to talking about where we think the relationship will go, if it will last, and if not will it ever be fixed?

Maybe its weird but i just love this couple and wanted a topic that any time i looked at a post i would know the general idea of it is L/P"

All I know is that I began loving this couple when I just had significant surgery and it just also happened that it was the middle of season one. For me I saw a lot in come in with wife and I. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this other than there are plenty of other threads posters can share there opinions . I for one welcome everyone's opinion. However, as C-Trane said why they began this thread, this is a place to enjoy the "LENNY". If you are presupposed to think any other shipper is better then kindly begin your own thread and "get at it"! :)

May not be a popular opinion but IMO the entire show is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship so I know where your coming from. From Day One Leonard and Penny's relationship as been the most important relationship in the entire series, from the moment Leonard and Sheldon went to get money off Kurt, and then when Leonard said "Our babies well be smart and beautiful", most of the early moment's of Season One, was Leonard developing a crush on Penny, but the thing is they also developed a friendship, and even though they are so different, and even though their are so many people, factor's, and reason's why they shoulden't be together in some way they suit, their differences compliment each other. I mean look at Priya Leonard and her socially and intellectually had a lot more in common, yet something was missing with them, she would never do what Penny did when she helped the guy's out with Sheldon's WOW gaming account, only Penny would go that lengths for Leonard and the guy's. That's the thing although Penny in terms of education, intelligence has no business being involved with a guy like Leonard, and conversely Leonard has no buisness being with a girl like Penny. But that's the thing Leonard did date women more suited to him, and Penny has dated guy's more suited to her, but they weren't neccessary the right relationship's for them.

You would think Priya being as educated and intelligent as Leonard, if she really loved the real Leonard she would realize the gaming, the geeky stuff is a part of his identity, with Penny though she saw Leonard for the socially awkward geek but at his heart the guy she has always been looking for, a guy that treat's her like a Queen. And when it come's to Penny, she is the women sub-conciousley Leonard has been looking for his whole life, a women who is the complete opposite of his mother Warm, Affectionate, but also strong willed and independant. It's funny because Beverley bases relationships and attraction's on the social convention, she doesen't see the logic of her son dating an unsuccesfull actress/waitress, but that's the charm of their relationship, with Leonard becoming more socially equip, sometime's all the factors on the world why people shoulden't be dating, are not always relevant to how you feel about someone. Some how Penny is the only person  Leonard is himself around her, he just never felt himself around Priya, as she tried to change him, when it came to his image and his clothes e.t.c. I actually felt by Season 5 Leonard and Penny had matured a lot, some say a part from affection their has been no evidence to suggest Leonard and Penny have matured or changed at all, I completely disagree, by S5 maybe it wasen't noticeable to everyone else, maybe it was subtle changes, but their was just more confidence from Leonard in their relationship.

When they went out on that "date", when Penny wore that horrible grey suit and pants lol (what were the clothing department thinking that season anyway), Leonard no longer dating Penny could be honest, and he told her all the thing's he did just to have sex with her at the end of the night lol, Penny at the end of the night told Leonard she actually like's this new assertive Leonard. Funny thing is go back to S2 The Barbarian Sublimation, Penny revealed to Sheldon that she is a big ol iniatator, yet ironically deep down all Penny is want his an assertive guy, who well protect her and take care of her. As S5 progressed you saw a lot less submissive Leonard, and a lot more assertive, even when he nearly cheated on Priya with that comic book girl haha, which in retrospect he could of done seeing Priya cheated on him. And although the beta type version of Leonard and Penny 2.0 was slightly contrived, it all started when Penny was glad Leonard asked her out, Leonard suggests that they treat any issues as computer bugs and report them back to each other so they can be fixed. This was an original idea and on the surface a great idea, although it forced the chemistry at times, I beleive this went a long way into how honest and trusting Leonard and Penny became with each other in the latter half of S6, in the VD ep, Spoiler Alert EP, Final Car Scene e.t.c. I remember that very episode, Leonard revealed to Penny that he missed her, I thought it was nice because obviousley with Priya on the scene they hardly saw each other.

I remember the next night Leonard and Penny are watching Doctor Who, and Penny asked if this was a real date, Leonard replied cautiously and said no, Penny gave him a bug report that more thought should be put into dates. Leonard then proceeds to stop her and present's her with a long list of fault's in his bug report, this obviousley annoys Penny and she leaves. The next scene Leonard enters Penny's apartment, and finds her reading a book since Leonard said she should read more so they would have more to talk about, Leonard tried to tell Penny not to get mad at the bug report, Penny I remember then got some low heel pair of shows, so it diddn't make Leonard feel he was out walking with his Mommy haha. Penny then gave Leonard her bug report which included items like nosiy juicy kissing, and his stupid eyebrows haha. Leonard then took Penny on a date to a shooting range which Penny loved, Leonard commented it is not bad for a guy who's massages felt like eagal claws. Leonard apoligzed, Penny have her a bug report, just to take compliments and not apologize all the time. I remember they kissed and Leonard accidently shot himself in the foot lol. So while I Think the Beta test had it's flaws, and it definatley made their relationship feel more contrived then it was in S3, it taught Leonard and Penny to talk about their issues honestly, and it made Penny trust Leonard a lot more, so that's what I mean by they are now in a equal partnership and have a mutual understanding.

And while I don't expect an engagement this season, I think they still have a lot of growing to do, after all Leonard and Penny have always been a work in progress, I think they are in such a good place now and are destined to be together, they are Big Bang Theory's Ross and Rachel. I think Leonard need's to go home to Nebraska to meet her parent's I can imagine Leonard trying to milk a cow lol, and the power of the proposal to Penny takes the pressure off, I think Penny has a fear of marrage because it's so certain and definite, has to do with her deep seeded insecurities and intimacy issues. But when it come's it need's to be genuine and the realization she want's to spend the rest of her life with Leonard, I also think we need a moment by Leonard, to tell Penny why he really loves her, to give Penny the same security that her ILY gave Leonard.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

May not be a popular opinion but IMO the entire show is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship so I know where your coming from. From Day One Leonard and Penny's relationship as been the most important relationship in the entire series,

And while I don't expect an engagement this season, I think they still have a lot of growing to do, after all Leonard and Penny have always been a work in progress, I think they are in such a good place now and are destined to be together, they are Big Bang Theory's Ross and Rachel.

While I agree with you that L/P is the most important relationship on the show the entire show isn't based on that. IMO the entire show is based on S/L meeting Penny and what has happened since. Thus the title "Big Bang Theory". I certainly hope too that things end better for L/P than Ross and Rachel.

• Like 1

May not be a popular opinion but IMO the entire show is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship so I know where your coming from. From Day One Leonard and Penny's relationship as been the most important relationship in the entire series, from the moment Leonard and Sheldon went to get money off Kurt, and then when Leonard said "Our babies well be smart and beautiful", most of the early moment's of Season One, was Leonard developing a crush on Penny, but the thing is they also developed a friendship, and even though they are so different, and even though their are so many people, factor's, and reason's why they shoulden't be together in some way they suit, their differences compliment each other. I mean look at Priya Leonard and her socially and intellectually had a lot more in common, yet something was missing with them, she would never do what Penny did when she helped the guy's out with Sheldon's WOW gaming account, only Penny would go that lengths for Leonard and the guy's. That's the thing although Penny in terms of education, intelligence has no business being involved with a guy like Leonard, and conversely Leonard has no buisness being with a girl like Penny. But that's the thing Leonard did date women more suited to him, and Penny has dated guy's more suited to her, but they weren't neccessary the right relationship's for them.

You would think Priya being as educated and intelligent as Leonard, if she really loved the real Leonard she would realize the gaming, the geeky stuff is a part of his identity, with Penny though she saw Leonard for the socially awkward geek but at his heart the guy she has always been looking for, a guy that treat's her like a Queen. And when it come's to Penny, she is the women sub-conciousley Leonard has been looking for his whole life, a women who is the complete opposite of his mother Warm, Affectionate, but also strong willed and independant. It's funny because Beverley bases relationships and attraction's on the social convention, she doesen't see the logic of her son dating an unsuccesfull actress/waitress, but that's the charm of their relationship, with Leonard becoming more socially equip, sometime's all the factors on the world why people shoulden't be dating, are not always relevant to how you feel about someone. Some how Penny is the only person  Leonard is himself around her, he just never felt himself around Priya, as she tried to change him, when it came to his image and his clothes e.t.c. I actually felt by Season 5 Leonard and Penny had matured a lot, some say a part from affection their has been no evidence to suggest Leonard and Penny have matured or changed at all, I completely disagree, by S5 maybe it wasen't noticeable to everyone else, maybe it was subtle changes, but their was just more confidence from Leonard in their relationship.

When they went out on that "date", when Penny wore that horrible grey suit and pants lol (what were the clothing department thinking that season anyway), Leonard no longer dating Penny could be honest, and he told her all the thing's he did just to have sex with her at the end of the night lol, Penny at the end of the night told Leonard she actually like's this new assertive Leonard. Funny thing is go back to S2 The Barbarian Sublimation, Penny revealed to Sheldon that she is a big ol iniatator, yet ironically deep down all Penny is want his an assertive guy, who well protect her and take care of her. As S5 progressed you saw a lot less submissive Leonard, and a lot more assertive, even when he nearly cheated on Priya with that comic book girl haha, which in retrospect he could of done seeing Priya cheated on him. And although the beta type version of Leonard and Penny 2.0 was slightly contrived, it all started when Penny was glad Leonard asked her out, Leonard suggests that they treat any issues as computer bugs and report them back to each other so they can be fixed. This was an original idea and on the surface a great idea, although it forced the chemistry at times, I beleive this went a long way into how honest and trusting Leonard and Penny became with each other in the latter half of S6, in the VD ep, Spoiler Alert EP, Final Car Scene e.t.c. I remember that very episode, Leonard revealed to Penny that he missed her, I thought it was nice because obviousley with Priya on the scene they hardly saw each other.

I remember the next night Leonard and Penny are watching Doctor Who, and Penny asked if this was a real date, Leonard replied cautiously and said no, Penny gave him a bug report that more thought should be put into dates. Leonard then proceeds to stop her and present's her with a long list of fault's in his bug report, this obviousley annoys Penny and she leaves. The next scene Leonard enters Penny's apartment, and finds her reading a book since Leonard said she should read more so they would have more to talk about, Leonard tried to tell Penny not to get mad at the bug report, Penny I remember then got some low heel pair of shows, so it diddn't make Leonard feel he was out walking with his Mommy haha. Penny then gave Leonard her bug report which included items like nosiy juicy kissing, and his stupid eyebrows haha. Leonard then took Penny on a date to a shooting range which Penny loved, Leonard commented it is not bad for a guy who's massages felt like eagal claws. Leonard apoligzed, Penny have her a bug report, just to take compliments and not apologize all the time. I remember they kissed and Leonard accidently shot himself in the foot lol. So while I Think the Beta test had it's flaws, and it definatley made their relationship feel more contrived then it was in S3, it taught Leonard and Penny to talk about their issues honestly, and it made Penny trust Leonard a lot more, so that's what I mean by they are now in a equal partnership and have a mutual understanding.

And while I don't expect an engagement this season, I think they still have a lot of growing to do, after all Leonard and Penny have always been a work in progress, I think they are in such a good place now and are destined to be together, they are Big Bang Theory's Ross and Rachel. I think Leonard need's to go home to Nebraska to meet her parent's I can imagine Leonard trying to milk a cow lol, and the power of the proposal to Penny takes the pressure off, I think Penny has a fear of marrage because it's so certain and definite, has to do with her deep seeded insecurities and intimacy issues. But when it come's it need's to be genuine and the realization she want's to spend the rest of her life with Leonard, I also think we need a moment by Leonard, to tell Penny why he really loves her, to give Penny the same security that her ILY gave Leonard.

So well said!! Kudos!!

However, all I'm asking for is a proposal from Penny this season. An affirmation of her love to Leonard. To reciprocate his constant connection to her. But there is no other scenario then that Penny and Leonard have "Smart and Beautiful Babies" before the last season begins!

• Like 1

I can totally imagine Penny saying almost exactly that at some point. I don't know if the season would end with her walking into a jewelry store, but if we don't actually get an engagement this season I would like it to end at a point where it is all but certain to happen in the S8 premiere.

May not be a popular opinion but IMO the entire show is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship so I know where your coming from. From Day One Leonard and Penny's relationship as been the most important relationship in the entire series,

"The most important" may be a bit too subjective however the Lenny is definitely a defining element of the show.

TBBT's whole plot is centered on the meeting (and mixing) of the geeks with the outside, "adult" world. And said plot was introduced and kickstarted by Leonard's instant adoration of his obviously non-geeky neighbour. So, in this regard, the Lenny is unquestionably pivotal to the show's narrative dynamic. It embodies the series's point.

For this reason, it is a bit difficult to compare it to other TV couples, especially Friends' Ross and Rachel.

On Friends, all the characters belonged to the same group. The show was about those six characters slowly emerging from adolescence as a cohesive unit. So R and R were faced with the same struggles and challenges. In a way, there was a unity of purpose that linked them to each other and to the others, regardless of their relationship status. It was about the six of them vs. the world. 

Conversely, TBBT, from its very first episode, has relied on fracture lines : the boys and the girl(s), the geeks and the non geek(s), the educated and the non educated, the relationship-savy and the relationship-illiterate, the aloof and the emotional, etc. Different backgrounds, different wishes, different expectations, different traditions, different shoe sizes, etc. leading to a series of misunderstandings, disagreements and negociations. On TBBT, it is not rare for the characters' respective interests to be mutually exclusive, something which was basically unheard of on Friends. It is about two worlds fighting each other (and making up).

To put it simply, Friends was about a cohesion while TBBT is about a collision. 

So while the Friends writers could afford to mess with R and R to their hearts' content, safe in the knowledge that nothing they did could possibly alter the show's dynamics, TBBT's PTB have to be more mindful of what they do with the Lenny since it is, almost by definition, more central and more volatile than R and R ever was.

As for Penny's marriage proposal, I believe we might have to wait a bit longer than some would hope. Until the writers solve the living arrangements dilemma, they cannot have the Lenny go down the matrimonial road... So is Sheldon ready to live with Amy ? Or on his own ? Or with Leonard and Penny ? As long as there is no clear answer to these questions, the proposal will have to stay on hold. 

• Like 6

Thanks for clearing that up. Living in Canada I'm actually pretty used to this kind of thing...we refer to it as Franglish.

• Like 1

While I agree with you that L/P is the most important relationship on the show the entire show isn't based on that. IMO the entire show is based on S/L meeting Penny and what has happened since. Thus the title "Big Bang Theory". I certainly hope too that things end better for L/P than Ross and Rachel.

Yeah I just meant the first interaction was L/P, and most of the integral first moment's was Leonard developing a crush on Penny, but I also think it is about a show about eggheads with all their atoms in the right place, meet a gorgeous girl with all her atom's in the right place and it disrupts their entire world. So you see the dechatomy of two world's hence "The Big Bang Theory". Well R and R did get together in the end but their were so many questions did they get married, did they have any more children? I don't expect nor want Leonard and Penny to break up, go through some issues but ultimately make them stronger as a couple.

• Like 2

The jewellry was a reminder of Leonard in his absence. I think that now he is back and reunited in all senses with his lover, he is tired of getting knocked in the teeth by the dangling locket. I speculate she took it off for a while to spare him the injury. It's quite big as lockets go.

I could be wrong. :)

• Like 4

did she wear the jewellery in any episode?i didn't notice today i watched some episodes from season 1. penny used to have more friends . what happened to them? Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Edited by arash