Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

I agree. The book idea she came up with on her own. It wasn't anything anyone else helped her with. Nothing against the person who posted the report they did a good job but they seemed to be more of a Shamy fan. I'll be anxious to see how it plays out on the 24th.

LOL, no. Her friend expressly told me she dislikes Shamy. In-fact she is a Sheldon/Leonard shipper, for reals. 

Is it too much to ask that as a fan of bbt that everyone is a fan of all the ships and relationships in the show? Maybe i'm asking too much lol. And yay for Lenny! Have yet to read the taping report but snds good.

Is it too much to ask that as a fan of bbt that everyone is a fan of all the ships and relationships in the show? Maybe i'm asking too much lol. And yay for Lenny! Have yet to read the taping report but snds good.

Yes... Yes it is. Why else would we fight with each other over such trivium.

Absolutely in LOVE with this taping report. Definitely my favourite so far the whole thing was just adorable. Penny trying to be romantic for Leonard is just so sweet. Couldn't have asked for anything better tbh. The Lenny is on top form this season and I LOVE IT!

• Like 3

What a fantastic transcript to wake up to ! 

The book was definitely a brilliant idea, even if it did not really pay off the way it could have. As for the box full of mementos, it is perfectly in keeping with Penny's past attitude towards romance : she does not care much for the big gestures but cherishes the little, discreet things. It also provides us with great glimpses of what their couple is like offscreen. Leonard leaves roses on her car just because ? And Penny puts them in a little box under her bed just because ? And it is so "normal" to them that they do not feel the need to talk about any of it (unless there is a bit of a crisis) ? How amazingly tender is their dynamics ? 

On a sidenote, it is lovely to see a girl trying to do something romantic on television. Usually, that is for the male characters to get right. But this time, a woman has to do it and she has no freaking idea how to make it work. Me Like-y ! A lot ! An awful lot !

• Like 8

It also provides us with great glimpses of what their couple is like offscreen. Leonard leaves roses on her car just because ? And Penny puts them in a little box under her bed just because ? And it is so "normal" to them that they do not feel the need to talk about any of it (unless there is a bit of a crisis) ? How amazingly tender is their dynamics ?

They also seem to enjoy little getaways together where they ruin the furniture of the places they are staying in. I think we can quite safely put that 'it was fine' comment down to modesty. :p

• Like 7

I can't get over how cute it was! Like, you never think of Penny keeping these little things and giving such a straightforward answer that these things are from HIM so how could she throw them out. Its quite a deep connection she has there that we haven't seen before. Aah I really cannot wait to actually see this episode.

• Like 4

They also seem to enjoy little getaways together where they ruin the furniture of the places they are staying in. I think we can quite safely put that 'it was fine' comment down to modesty. :p

I'm loving the idea they DO get holidays.

One thing about this show is they really manage their costs. There are no extraneous sets. The stairwell works really well and hard, like the cars and green screens. I'm looking forward to someone writing up how the rocking chair thing goes. I thought they were for old folks and nursing mothers. I will be reassessing some of my prejudices. I have read the taping report a couple of times now and it's a delight.

ETA. I'm sort of realising the costs thing :). They don't waste money on the sets. And yes, I never doubted the connection between them. Which is why, as every one knows, they throw Beverly at them and she bounces off. Looking forward to 7.04 now.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

I can't get over how cute it was! Like, you never think of Penny keeping these little things and giving such a straightforward answer that these things are from HIM so how could she throw them out. Its quite a deep connection she has there that we haven't seen before. Aah I really cannot wait to actually see this episode.

It is also a nice show of continuity. While she got much better at it last season, Penny still has a hard time expressing her feelings of love. She is not naturally wired that way. So it often occurs that some of the most important and emotionally revealing things she says are stumbled upon by accident or done unconsciously. It was true of her letting go of Leonard (The Prestidigitation Approximation) when she proved she could put his happiness first; it was true of the first ILY, which she let out in the middle of an argument. And I believe it might be true this time around too : she is bemoaning the fact that Leonard is so much better than her at being romantic and, to prove her point, she pulls out the box. Her boyfriend asks her about it and, innocently (maybe even in passing), she reveals that she could not let go of any of its content because it is all from him. 

Penny is never more romantic than when she is not trying... Or paying attention. :)

Edited by Chiara
  • Like 6

It's funny because she seems completely satisfied and eager for sex, until she has to talk about it. Maybe 'it was fine' when he came back because she cried or something idk or she just really doesn't want to share his inner sex God. As soon as I saw the rocking chair bit I was like I'm texting Molly this when I'm done squealing over all the cuteness! I don't think I've ever been so excited to casually wake up at like 5am.

I'm loving the idea they DO get holidays.

One thing about this show is they really manage their costs. There are no extraneous sets. The stairwell works really well and hard, like the cars and green screens. I'm looking forward to someone writing up how the rocking chair thing goes. I thought they were for old folks and nursing mothers. I will be reassessing some of my prejudices. I have read the taping report a couple of times now and it's a delight.

ETA. I'm sort of realising the costs thing :). They don't waste money on the sets. And yes, I never doubted the connection between them. Which is why, as every one knows, they throw Beverly at them and she bounces off. Looking forward to 7.04 now.

They don't really need to, what we don't see makes it that more special when they talk about it on the show, like here. And no, rocking chairs have many uses. But like, not in that way. We used one in a play to signify childhood... hmm, nursing mothers + childhood, lets hope they don't breath the one they'll totally have at home when they have their smart and beautiful babies!

It is also a nice show of continuity. While she has got much better at it last season, Penny still has a hard time expressing her feelings of love. She is not naturally wired that way. So it often occurs that some of the most important and emotionally revealing things she says are stumbled upon by accident or done unconsciously. It was true of her letting go of Leonard (The Prestidigitation Approximation) when she proved she could put his happiness first; it was true of the first ILY, which she let out in the middle of an argument. And I believe it might be true this time around too : she is bemoaning the fact that Leonard is so much better than her at being romantic and, to prove her point, she pulls out the box. Her boyfriend asks her about it and, innocently (maybe even in passing), she reveals that she could not let go of any of its content because it is all from him. 

Penny is never more romantic than when she is not trying... Or paying attention. :)

It really is, I love that the things that come from her heart are the things she doesn't think about. The little moments that she opens up and just gives herself to him like that show that it's not something she's trying to put on, it's like her core emotional self. I just can't get over how adorable that is, that she has that box of stuff he's given her, and kept it because it's him. Like, so goddamn perfect. 

:wub:

aaaaah when the promo pictures are released they bEST have one of that scene! 

• Like 2

It's funny because she seems completely satisfied and eager for sex, until she has to talk about it. Maybe 'it was fine' when he came back because she cried or something idk or she just really doesn't want to share his inner sex God. As soon as I saw the rocking chair bit I was like I'm texting Molly this when I'm done squealing over all the cuteness! I don't think I've ever been so excited to casually wake up at like 5am.

aaaaah when the promo pictures are released they bEST have one of that scene!

I don't know whether to be flattered or offended that the moment anything dirty comes up you instantly think of telling me.... I think ill just be flattered haha

And I cannot WAIT for the promo pics! But I bet the show will be real sneaky and not give us that one. :(

Yes and I believe I said at the time that the way she said that the sex was fine had nothing whatsoever to do with the sex and more at her annoyance with Sheldon interrupting their alone time and the subsequent fight between Leonard and Sheldon. While she seems to go back and forth on how good Leonard is in bed that wasn't her concern right then.

• Like 2

The saying is actions speak louder than words, sure rings true here. Her keeping the things he gave her is a perfect example of her love for him. This rates right up there with the season six ILY (not equal to, but up there).

Now I can't wait to see the episode, like last season, when I couldn't wait for the ILY episode. I wonder if the writers understand what a big bone they gave us Lenny's.

Sex between those two must be wild, two different times breaking furniture and the neighbors knowing about their fondness for rodeos. Their actual sex life seems to contradict Penny's previous comments about it, maybe it is modesty or embarrassment on how wild they are together.

• Like 1

Glad and surprise to see some more continuity by the writers with Lenny again.

One of Penny's mementos:  

The thank you letter he had written after they had sex for the first time.  After reading this I thought of S3E04 The Pirate Solution where Penny tells Leonard he doesn't have to thank her after each time they have sex (Howard is there cooking breakfast).  So I can so see Leonard writing the thank you note.

Just a thought:  Wonder if the snowflake was in the box too.

• Like 2

The thank you letter he had written after they had sex for the first time.  After reading this I thought of S3E04 The Pirate Solution where Penny tells Leonard he doesn't have to thank her after each time they have sex (Howard is there cooking breakfast).  So I can so see Leonard writing the thank you note.

Just a thought:  Wonder if the snowflake was in the box too.

The note is indeed a great callback. Made all the sweeter by the fact that we know their first time was extremely underwhelming. No matter how disappointed he may be, Leonard always says "please" and "thank you". The perfect (if slightly odd) gentleman !

As for the snowflake, it may very well be in the box. Or it might have its own little shrine somewhere...