Leonard And Penny Season 7 *spoiler* Discussion Thread

Disgusted

How can the writers not see that Leonard showing a topless movie of Penny, the women he loves, is now something he would do and is a terrible thing for a boyfriend to do.  If this is what they show, when this episode airs, then I am convinced they are planning on breaking up Lenny.  This is not funny.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can the writers not see that Leonard showing a topless movie of Penny, the women he loves, is now something he would do and is a terrible thing for a boyfriend to do.  If this is what they show, when this episode airs, then I am convinced they are planning on breaking up Lenny.  This is not funny.

The writers don't care that it makes Leonard look bad and they need a reason to maybe end Lenny 2.0 and once again they had to find a way to blame it on Leonard.  Do you think Penny is going to handle this situation like when Sheldon does something or say something she doesn't like.  Leonard can't screw up without suffering the consequences of his actions and we know what the consequences will be.

Well, I saw the spoiler report and I'm not sure how I feel about Leonard sharing Penny's film. Very lame, in some regards. Actually I do know how I feel. The humiliations have begun. So "Porky's". I hope it plays better on screen.

(Terrible breach of trust, I think. Howard yes, but Leonard? Dastardly is meek. They are going for the laugh but have besmirched Leonard with this)

Horrific breach of trust, absolutely something someone in a loving relationship would not do, SHOULD not do. Very not-Leonard. Jesus! The Lennys cannot catch a freaking break! 

Another thing I notice once again Penny has no problem sharing a secret with Sheldon.  I mean come on we are so upset with what the writers are doing to Leonard we overlooked that Penny can talk to Sheldon, share things with Sheldon and without giving it a second though.  While Leonard has to beg Penny to talk to him about the most small thing.

Why is it that Penny can talk to Sheldon about anything? 

She did not say that Leonard was sharing her moving, just that he was there watching.  What if someone else found it, had seen a picture of Penny, then asked Leonard about it?

Then Leonard should have done the right thing. Call the man a miserable cur, say that's the woman I love, then smash his computer and toss it in the sea with the fishes. 

She did not say that Leonard was sharing her moving, just that he was there watching.  What if someone else found it, had seen a picture of Penny, then asked Leonard about it?

Tensor you always have a level head.  I am just so use to the writers always dogging Leonard that I can believe they would have Leonard showing everyone the movie even if it's OOC for him.

Remember they all about the laugh ---- character assassination be damned. 

Another thing I notice once again Penny has no problem sharing a secret with Sheldon.  I mean come on we are so upset with what the writers are doing to Leonard we overlooked that Penny can talk to Sheldon, share things with Sheldon and without giving it a second though.  While Leonard has to beg Penny to talk to him about the most small thing.

Why is it that Penny can talk to Sheldon about anything? 

Wow, I missed that, you are so right.  She hid that movie from them all for so long, and now Sheldon is the one she tells, not the boyfriend she loves, that really sucks.  You are so right, Leonard has to beg her to talk and yet she tell her darkest secret to Sheldon.

Then Leonard should have done the right thing. Call the man a miserable cur, say that's the woman I love, then smash his computer and toss it in the sea with the fishes. 

It wouldn't change the fact that the movie is out there on the internet.   Evidently, Leonard's known about this since she moved in.  

I'm going to make the counter-argument, but I don't know how to link MacFarlane's Oscar song.

I'm guessing they would hope this was seen from a European perspective, where it was an "art film", not a Kardashian/Hilton freak show.

She was a young actress and many have these type scenes in their portfolios. Its going to hinge on how its presented by Leonard. He might've been proud of her work, not pruriently exposing her. And he's on a boat full of Europeans raised on a different media diet, with a different sensibility.

But it sounds like a cheap shot at first blush.

Wow, I missed that, you are so right. She hid that movie from them all for so long, and now Sheldon is the one she tells, not the boyfriend she loves, that really sucks. You are so right, Leonard has to beg her to talk and yet she tell her darkest secret to Sheldon.

because there is less consequence to telling Sheldon, if he keeps his mouth shut.

Wow, I missed that, you are so right.  She hid that movie from them all for so long, and now Sheldon is the one she tells, not the boyfriend she loves, that really sucks.  You are so right, Leonard has to beg her to talk and yet she tell her darkest secret to Sheldon.

Once again the writers are screwing with Lenny. 

I am so upset right now and my stomach is in knots with the things coming in the premiere.

I

I'm going to make the counter-argument, but I don't know how to link MacFarlane's Oscar song.

I'm guessing they would hope this was seen from a European perspective, where it was an "art film", not a Kardashian/Hilton freak show.

She was a young actress and many have these type scenes in their portfolios. Its going to hinge on how its presented by Leonard. He might've been proud of her work, not pruriently exposing her. And he's on a boat full of Europeans raised on a different media diet, with a different sensibility.

But it sounds like a cheap shot at first blush.

because there is less consequence to telling Sheldon, if he keeps his mouth shut.

This is Sheldon we are talking about.  Penny always give Sheldon the benefit of the doubt, while never Leonard.  We know Leonard is going to suffer big time for this and Penny will either dump him, or withhold affections from him, or whatever she deeds necessary.

Penny should be called out for this just like we are calling out Leonard.  I get sick of Penny talking to everyone but Leonard.

I just remembered what this reminds me of, episode 6.02, we were a wondering why the hell Penny said her relationship was boring with Leonard and she wanted to break up.  What the Frak.  Well I guess we are geting the 'What the Frak' episode as the 7.01 episode.

This is Sheldon we are talking about.  Penny always give Sheldon the benefit of the doubt, while never Leonard.  We know Leonard is going to suffer big time for this and Penny will either dump him, or withhold affections from him, or whatever she deeds necessary.

Penny should be called out for this just like we are calling out Leonard.  I get sick of Penny talking to everyone but Leonard.

You are so right, I would love for Penny to say something about him knowing about it and they Leonard look at her and ask her why she can tell her deep dark secrets to Sheldon on not the boyfriend she says she love.  Then he should walk away from her till she comes groveling back.

SRAM, the writers are really giving it to us.  I don't understand where all this is coming from and how they would think the viewers/fans wants to see this crap play out.  It's like they don't even know these characters let along have written for them for years.

And the thing about them telling the wrong person is traditional. In part it is exposition. How do they set up the story WITHOUT telegraphing it someway. That's why Wheaton was a shock - no exposition, no foreknowledge.

In GOT they did it so blatantly in a titillating fashion they got a Wikipedia entry for "sexposition" - exposition with sex going on in the background. :)

I'm going to chill on this now, after my initial shock.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

You are so right, I would love for Penny to say something about him knowing about it and they Leonard look at her and ask her why she can tell her deep dark secrets to Sheldon on not the boyfriend she says she love.  Then he should walk away from her till she comes groveling back.

Never going to happen.  Penny has the upper hand and will always have the upper hand in the so-call relationship.  Now that we know about Leonard and others are looking at the movie it once again gives Penny the upper hand.

Edited by ArmyGirl

I simply refuse to get upset until I see it.  I did that several times last year, was very upset at the taping report, and it turned out not to be a problem.   I see several potential problems, but untilit airs, I'm not going to get upset again.

Edited by Tensor

Never going to happen. Penny has the upper hand and will always have the upper hand in the so-call relationship. Now that we know about Leonard and others are looking at the movie it once again gives Penny the upper hand.

Maybe Penny has been humiliated and has been an ass or Leonard is proud of his beautiful girlfriend, who was in a REAL movie.

(LEONARD'S stream of consciousness follows: not a great role, but look how beautiful she is I'm so proud, gods she beautiful AND talented. Cybill Shepherd did the Last Picture Show naked, see, my Penny will be a big star like her, gods she's beautiful, I so love her... oops forgot about that topless bit. Oh well, gods she's talented and beautiful and she's mine...)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Yeah, Tensor is being the voice of reason, but I sometimes wonder about the writers or TPTB.  I guess we'll know more next week when they play the episode to the taping audience.  But based on past experience with this show, if they finally realize the show could be going for 10 seasons, they might be screwing with the characters to extend the show.  I don't think I could take another Lenny breakup.