The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stardustmelody

Announcing: S6 To S7 Summer Hiatus Fanfic Chat

I will be hosting a fanfic chat for anyone who wants to join in.  It will cover the hiatus period over this summer (between Seasons 6 and 7) so that we can try and make it through.

Rules for the chat will be simple:

1.  Be respectful

2.  Be appropriate (be aware some of the audience may be minors still)

3.  Be ready to share ideas, thoughts, constructive commentary

4.  Have fun

The plan is we will begin the chats at 12:00 PM (Noon)  Pacific Time on Saturday afternoons and go until we are done talking or fade out.  LOL!  That way we can try to reach the folks from East Coast (2:00 PM Eastern)  as well as overseas (7:00 PM UK).   We will start this Saturday ( June 1, 2013).

Suggested fanfics to read before Saturday:

The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophonia

The Double Girlfriend Dissent by Genki-escapist

and the work in progress fanfic  The Departure Transformation by I.Am.Molly

Each week we will select three fics to start off the discussion, but we will not necessarily be restricted to only discuss the two selected.

I hope to see all of you there!

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 6

I would love to do that, but that's 1:30 AM for me and while I'm usually up that late, I'm not up much later. It's going to be very difficult for me to participate.

Hope to catch you guys Sunday morning our time. Good think I've been reading all three of those fics already :p

It sounds great...I will try to be on chat, but in here it will be very early :( , so I  will try... I read those fanfic exept that last one I will read it today... 

Just so that everyone takes note, the OP has changed and so has the time the chat starts.

So sorry I missed the chat... :(

Probably my fault.  I pushed for this to be done in a very short amount of time.

Thanks to Tripper for moving this to an area where it will get more attention.

The chat is on this coming week.  We will be chatting at 11 AM Pacific (2 PM Eastern, 7 PM UK) and will start with the topics above.   I also want to mention the Fanfic Challenge that Phanta proposed.   I would like to encourage writers to consider taking her up on the challenge.  Looks like fun words to include in a story.  

• Like 1

At the end of the month I will be able to get into chat as I will be away dog/housesitting again and using somebody else's (good) PC

Edited by rachygd

I will be hosting a fanfic chat for anyone who wants to join in.  It will cover the hiatus period over this summer (between Seasons 6 and 7) so that we can try and make it through.

Rules for the chat will be simple:

1.  Be respectful

2.  Be appropriate (be aware some of the audience may be minors still)

3.  Be ready to share ideas, thoughts, constructive commentary

4.  Have fun

The plan is we will begin the chats at 12:00 PM (Noon)  Pacific Time on Saturday afternoons and go until we are done talking or fade out.  LOL!  That way we can try to reach the folks from East Coast (2:00 PM Eastern)  as well as overseas (7:00 PM UK).   We will start this Saturday ( June 1, 2013).

Suggested fanfics to read before Saturday:

The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophonia

The Double Girlfriend Dissent by Genki-escapist

and the work in progress fanfic  The Departure Transformation by I.Am.Molly

Each week we will select three fics to start off the discussion, but we will not necessarily be restricted to only discuss the two selected.

I hope to see all of you there!

:icon_mrgreen: Is there any dress code amiss? :icon_redface: