The Big Bang Theory Forums
pepsiadikt

Pennys Last Name?

It just occurred to me as I was  re-watching Season 2, in the episode where Penny meets Leonards Mom the first time, she says something like "My Mom could have said Bob get over it, she's a girl", but in another episode where we meet Pennys Dad, everyone calls him Wyatt. Maybe Wyatt is his last name and Bob is his first name? So that would mean Penny's last name is Wyatt? My sons paternal Grandfathers last name is his nickname, that's why I wonder about it.

I dont know if anyone else has brought this up before, if you have sorry, lol

That is an intriguing theory! I'm not sure it's anything more than poor continuity on the part of the writers, though.

I guess that's probably it, lol, probably the same reason why in the first couple seasons they had her checking 2 different mailboxes, lol

I guess that's probably it, lol, probably the same reason why in the first couple seasons they had her checking 2 different mailboxes, lol

The seasons you are referring... Penny was checking 2 different mailboxes no for the reason you might think :D

IMO, there is only ONE POSSIBILITY for Penny's last name... 

NICHOLS !!!

If not obvious to you, check your pocket change!

I think it should be something like Roberts or Wyatt, so it could resolve the Bob/Wyatt inconsistency (she talks about her mom calling him Bob and later he's called Wyatt), but I don't think they will ever reveal (invent) it.