The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
white_knight

Penny...no last name?

Hm... I would have thought the guys know her last name. At least Leonhard and Sheldon should, they've collected her mail? I thought they just leave us to wonder :) ?!

Lol...I'm glad that the intrigue continues, its just that penny its too fine and wonderfull to just have penelope or penny, it could be useful in cases with sheldon when he gets desperate or angry as he usually do and instead of saying "penny!!!" he would yell her last name... Just a thought...

Ups, sorry, I missed that :icon_confused: I liked SirKinoc's theory in the second post about Penny being the ultimate random blond girl. So I think her last name should be something really ordinary, blond, random ... Smith, Jones... ? Or something that would play with her being very attractive... what about Fox? That could lead to lots of creepy Howard jokes "foxy Penny" ...? :icon_biggrin:

Yes. Maybe THAT'S why Penny didin't told her last name to the guys yet xD Maybe it's something really embarasing. Or maybe she's related to someone famous ._.

Yes. Maybe THAT'S why Penny didin't told her last name to the guys yet xD Maybe it's something really embarasing. Or maybe she's related to someone famous ._.

famous? don't think so.

if that famous person would be famous to most people(move star, singer, etc) they wouldn't care, they would not even notice.

on the other hand, if that person was famous for guys(phisisist, from sci-fi) she would have told them because that person would not be famous for her.

and one more thing, as it already been said they most likely know her last name.

Or something that would play with her being very attractive... what about Fox? That could lead to lots of creepy Howard jokes "foxy Penny" ...? :icon_biggrin:

i really like fox. Howard could start another tango with Penny.

That would be funny.

I'd like to ask the people on the set what name they put on the props -- letters, packages, etc. It's probably just an in-joke name, as these things tend to be, such as the name of a crew member or something. I was on the set of Order of the Phoenix and those kinds of in-jokes can be found on the Harry Potter props. Steve

Luck bastard!!! o__o What the hell were you doing in OotF set??? @_@ And if I went to TBBT set I would solve all those rubix cubes for them (if you pay attention, there's a few unsolved on the shelf) xD

F**K!!!!! So you're, like, famous???? o____o THAT'S AWSOME *---* I always liked you here, you're the only one who didn't want to kill me because of Shenny xD Geez, I always wanted to be a writer o__o But I don't have the stuff xD Seriously, I'm really happy for you now xD

No, not really famous. Just an author. And a reference librarian. If you take a look at my Harry Potter website, you'll see the kind of thing I do all the time. For fun. Yeah. And now of course, I'm doing the Big Bang Theory wiki in my "spare time" while I'm writing a new book. Often, when I'm supposed to be writing, I'll have a BBT episode running quietly on my desktop. I never get tired of that show. Steve

OMG you write watching the show??? xD I can't even do my homework and listen to music at the same time, let alone write a book and watch a tv show o.O And well, you're famous enough to me o/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they know Penny's last name. Maybe it's like That 70's Show. Fez is a main character, but we never find out his real name or homeland. Maybe it'll be an inside joke, or we'll find out later on.

hm. Yeah I wonder whether they'll keep it as a gag or tell us one day. It seems like it would be a hard thing not to incorporate into the show at some point. Especially if we ever meet Penny's parents (which I'm guessing we will and hoping we do someday!)

OMG It would be AWSOME O_O I mean, can you imagine Sheldon interacting with 2 Nebraska folks? xD I'm not american, so I can't really tell the level of "outside the modern civilization" Nebraska actually have, but I think it's a lot o.o Besides, each one have half of Penny's genes. That's enough to piss Sheldon off any day xD OR MAYBE! Maybe since Penny's dad was always pushing her to be a sports girl, maybe he starts to push the guys into some exercices too! xD And I have no idea what Penny's mom migh be like, but I have the felling she's kinda like Chelsea's mom in TAHM xD You know, completly homophobic and "Jusus panaroid' and stuff. Well, maybe her mom and Sheldon's mom migh hit it off o.O And I'm pretty sure she would throw holly water in Raj and Howard xD

I always thought that she'd have a down-homey, all-American last name. I thought that Parker would be a nice American sounding name... Penny Parker. Cute, right? But (nerd alert), if her last name were Parker, the boys would have geeked out, because Peter Parker = Spiderman! Haha, so her name's probably not Parker.

WE COULD GO WITH THE BEATLES"PENNY LANE".

I like that one. I'm sure her name isn't anything physics/sci-fi related without her knowing it. Even though this would be a rather lovely gag it wouldn't make sense that Leonard hasn't commented on it as he collected a lot of her mail.

Frankly, Nebraska isn't the kind of backwoods culture-less place that the show implies it is. Neither is Houston/Galveston Texas, where Sheldon is from. You will find people like that in Nebraska and Texas, of course, and it's also true that there are a LOT of churches in some areas of the country (every street corner in the community where I live). But Penny's and Sheldon't families are exaggerated stereotypes of the kind of people you'll find just about everywhere in the world.

But if it were Penny Lane I think the guys would have said something o.o I mean, they probably know that song because they play Rock Band and stuff xD