The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
white_knight

Penny...no last name?

can't you think of non sci-fi related last name?

isn't Lane last name of Superman's love interest - Lois Lane?

I think I'd prefer them to not give her a last name...

good idea but spoils all the fun we can have giving her one.

i trust creators if they give her last name it would be a good one. maybe we will meet her parents or her parents invite them for christmas, can you imagine sheldon dealing with traditions?

The problem with giving her any kind of 'wacky' last name and working in a joke about it is trying to get around the fact no one had mentioned it before... Because Leonard would definitely already know as he had her mail several times...

i know that:) he and most likely they(other characters) know her last name but it gives us nothing. if we meet her parents the characters would have to call them somehow so we might have a chance to find out her last name.

there is a scenario where the writers can't escape giving her last name: her wedding :D I mean if it ever takes place in the show. "Penny X, do you take Leonard Hofstadter... or Sheldon Cooper, to be fair to the Shenny shippers :)

Unless there's some kind of stain in the paper, or the priest forgets her name xD I think it would be very siticon-like xD

yeah, I can totally see that happening! Or when the priest says her name someone will cough (or Sheldon will be making sounds because he can't sit at his spot :D).

It could indeed become one of those sitcoms things that everybody thinks will be broken but never is. The creators said they'd reveal her surname, but could it turn in to "Maris" on Frasier or "Wilson's face" on Home Improvement? Of course, the most 'Maris on Frasier'-esque thing on the show is Howard's mum.

Scrubs, for example, never revealed the Janitor's name. Even though they said they would do so in the final episode, they still left it unknown.

It could indeed become one of those sitcoms things that everybody thinks will be broken but never is. The creators said they'd reveal her surname, but could it turn in to "Maris" on Frasier or "Wilson's face" on Home Improvement? Of course, the most 'Maris on Frasier'-esque thing on the show is Howard's mum.

Scrubs, for example, never revealed the Janitor's name. Even though they said they would do so in the final episode, they still left it unknown.

Wow, you're right. Howard's mother is way bigger mystery. 8) She deserves a thread; is there one?

My only problem with all of this is that I have a hard time believing that Leonard would have a physical relationship with a woman that he didn't know the last name of. Howard, yes, but not Leonard

When Penny received the delivery from UPS for her Penny Blossoms, I actually tried to zoom in on the box to read the label. Now, I was sure that they simply used a box which was delivered to the studio ( and indeed I thought I could read Hollywood CA), but you never know, they might slip in an Easter Egg somewhere.