Episode Tournament

Tripper

We're running an Episode Tournament to try find the fans' favorite episode of the show. It doesn't officially open until tomorrow, but forum users vote today!
Just visit http://tbbt.eu/t and submit your nominations.

I'll also give forum users an inside look at how the vote's going. Here's a sneak at how the first few voters have voted: http://the-big-bang-theory.com/images/uploads/0/9e5bfcb3d72a4271f.png

---

I have voted, and The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, The Friendship Algorithm, The Work Song Nanocluster & The Luminous Fish Effect all got my vote.

Note: Our Two and a Half Men site is also running one, if you're a fan of that show then you can vote here: http://bit.ly/5ZjRf

I love all the episodes, but my all time favorite is Bath Item Gift Hypothesis. Thus, I only voted for that episode as it stuck out the most to me. :) I will go vote for my favorite Two and a Half Men episode now.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, Waffles. It's a tough race. The episodes were decided automatically, so I didn't pick that. :D The voting on that race isn't going as I would have thought, I would have expected. I thought Maternal would lead, but it's not right now. The The Barbarian Sublimation/The Work Song Nanocluster race is also interesting, I expected the latter to be in the lead, but Barbarian is taking it right now.

You're right, Waffles. It's a tough race. The episodes were decided automatically, so I didn't pick that. :D

The voting on that race isn't going as I would have thought, I would have expected. I thought Maternal would lead, but it's not right now.

The The Barbarian Sublimation/The Work Song Nanocluster race is also interesting, I expected the latter to be in the lead, but Barbarian is taking it right now.

I ended up voting for panty piñata because of the sheldon/penny awsomeness xD and I also voted for the work song nanocluster. I though it would be leading too o_o

can you imagine how hard would it be to organize this kind of episode tournament with all Friends episodes? o___o OR EVEN E.R. XDDD

• 2 weeks later...

Round 1 closed, Round 2 open. The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis beat The Peanut Reaction, getting 83% of the votes. The Panty Pinata Polarization beat The Maternal Capacitance, garnering 56% of the votes. The Barbarian Sublimation beat The Work Song Nanocluster, with 55% of the votes. The Tangerine Factor beat The Lizard-Spock Expansion, receiving 54% of the votes. The pairs in this round are: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis vs. The Barbarian Sublimation and The Tangerine Factor vs. The Panty Pinata Polarization. You can vote: http://the-big-bang-theory.com/etournament/

And me, I was really surprised that Work Song and Barbarian made it into the finals! Interesting how we all have different tastes, but that they all lean toward second season episodes, and specifically ones particularly develop characters. It would be interesting to vote on favourite first season eps separately from our favourite second season eps. As I watch the earlier episodes, I'm struck by the fact that what I enjoy about them is so much different from what I like about the later episodes. The show has evolved, the characters have come into focus, and what makes a "good episode" is much more rich because it's built on all the episodes before. Take a look at Big Bran Hypothesis, for example. That's the first episode after the pilot, so there is no relationship between Penny and Sheldon to make their interactions more than surface conversation. Leonard's infatuation with Penny is a lot like his interest in Alicia a year and a half later, nothing more. Even so, remember the delight of watching that episode for the first time: Leonard holding up the sarcasm sign, Sheldon telling Penny that Leonard is, from what he's been told, a "gentle and thorough lover", the boys looking at the instructions for the IKEA entertainment centre and deciding it needed "aircraft grade aluminium" while Howard tells Penny "Not now, honey, men at work!" and she actually puts it together in the background. That was fantastic stuff. Seems almost quaint now, sure, but ... wow. That was what hooked me in the first place. Okay, I think I'm going to immerse myself in first season episodes and work on the Wiki this afternoon. Steve

And me, I was really surprised that Work Song and Barbarian made it into the finals! Interesting how we all have different tastes, but that they all lean toward second season episodes, and specifically ones particularly develop characters.

I agree with you that there is a tendency towards the second season. I could be that that's because people have stronger developed short-term than long-term memory ;)

But I think it will be really interesting to see what they will do in the future regarding the balance of character/relationship development and "plain geeky" episodes. I said that somewhere else but I think the writers have to find a balance between attracting a large audience, and unfortunately developing romance is a key thing to attract lots of viewers, and sticking with the show's concept of the geek world and their social interactions.

For me personally I've been enjoying episodes like the like the Barbarian one because it was about the interactions of all five characters. I just hope we won't shift into the soap opera direction and have two much PS/LP romance development...

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis and The Panty Pinata Polarization \o/ The other ones are good, but I think it's reeeeealy hard to beat those two xD

true, they are most likely to win, I voted for them.

if they will, think about final...

that will be tough.

Yeah, if they win the final will be epic xD Seriously, I don't know which one would win between those two o.o and I'm not sure which one I would vote for either xD PPP was the funniest episode ever (believe me or not, I whatched it three times IN A ROW xD) but BIGH has the Shenny hug... It's a tough call xD By the way, look how funny is the episode names acronyms!!! XDD

It looks very much like those two episodes will be in the final. Both have over 70% of the vote in their respective races, so I don't think they'll be unseated. It'll be a tough fight, both have performed strongly throughout the voting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I was so torn between PPP and BIGH. Both episodes were great imo. I finally went with PPP but I'm still thinking it should have been the other. My fav part from BIGH was when Sheldon gets the napkin: "Do you realize what this means? All I need is a healthy ovum and I could grow my own Leonard Nimoy!" lol! So funny.