Episode Tournament

Tripper

A Season 1 only tournament sounds interesting. I was thinking about running another one of these at some point. That sounds like a good idea. It'll probably be around December/Christmas time when we run one again. I think it's better to run when the show's not on, as it gives me something to post about & it doesn't get lost under lots of news about the show.

The general mood on Twitter and elsewhere seemed to be that Bath Item was the best. The hug scene is why, I think. The voting had been skewing that way throughout. I, personally, thought it would win it. Also, almost 1 in 4 of all votes cast during the tournament went to Bath Item.

I wonder how it would have ended if the BIGH hadn't been up against the MC in the first round. Personally, the Maternal Capacitance is one of my most favourite episodes because it was great on every level- main story, side story, all characters. It's really interesting how the hugging scene gave BIGH so many fans ... the whole plot between Leonard and Penny in this episode, i found rather annoying...

Which is funny, considering the whole Lenny/Shenny discussion it exists in this forum xD And I voted for MC btw. It was the only episode besides PPP that I watched twice in a row xD Actually PPP I watched three times in the same day but not in a row... But still xD But I think I watched the hug scene at least ten times in the same day o.o But not the whole episode xD ...As you all can see, I'm a social butterfly u.u

Which is funny, considering the whole Lenny/Shenny discussion it exists in this forum xD

I think everyone loves the hugging scene because Sheldon shows emotions and is so overwhelmed. I don't think it has anything to do with shipping.

I really love this scene because of Jim's acting, and I would have enjoyed it if he had hugged Leonard or Howard or anyone else... for me he just hugged Penny to say thanks, not because he has romantic feelings :icon_wink:

You're right. That scene was so great because of Sheldon showing that hug was more that all of that stuff he brought from the store, it was something special like DNA of Leonard Nimoy and he thought she might appreciate it as a gift. That was very unlike him and so great, for that one single time he shows emotions.

It kinda reminds me of the Christmas episode on Pinky and the Brain (yeah, the cartoon with the white mices xD) where Pinky gives an globe keychain to Brain. It's just the cutest thing there ever was because he said to Brain that now he "owns the world" xD So it's like Sheldon's hug: It migh seens meanless but it's actually very special xD And no, I'm NOT talking in a Shenny kinda of way, I honestly think the hug was about friendship.

I agree, Maternal Capacitance would have moved further through the competition if it hadn't been against Bath Item Gift at the start. But there are other fantastic episodes which never even made it into the at all. And as I think I said before, remember back to the first time you saw some of those first season episodes -- like Big Bran Hypothesis with the sarcasm sign or Middle-Earth Paradigm with the guys trying to navigate a party at Penny's place. Now they pale by comparison with Maternal Capacitance and Panty Pinata. Back then, however, those were the episodes which hooked me into the show -- and they're still wonderful. Just not as fully-realised as the later episodes. Oh, and sorry guys, I'm big softy when it comes to romance, so scenes like "it stopped being eggnog an hour ago" simply delight me. Scenes between Penny and Sheldon are amazing (the "queen bee" conversation comes to mind) but they're so completely not romantic ... and they'd be ruined if they were. Steve (rambling on this morning, I guess)