The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ar Diem

Misophonia Is On The Hotseat

1) Are you tall? If not, would you like to be?

I am 6ft tall. In terms of my family, this is not especially tall. In terms of being a woman, it's huge. LOL.

2) What was the 1st episode you saw of TBBT?

The last episode of Season 3: The introduction of Amy Farrah Fowler. 

3) Do you have a favorite episode?

Besides the obvious one (Love Spell), my favorite episode is "The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition".          

• Like 1

1) Do you have a favorite quote from all the TBBT characters?

Yes          

A guest in my trundle bed and a boy at my door? I wish I could tell 13-year-old me ‘It does get better’.
Amy Farrah Fowler (TBBT Season 5)
"The Skank Reflex Analysis"

• Like 1

Wow, you are getting a lot of questions... that makes me feel so much better because I am buried for the moment. 

1) Do you think baby seals ever think of clubbing us?

2) Who is the last person you pocket dialed?

3) Have any scars?

4) Will you please make it stop raining? 

5) Did I ask you a question about what was your biggest waste of money or was that one of the ones that I lost?

6) If you have a glass table would you still feel compelled to use a coaster on it?

7) I can't believe you picked 3 I mean you BF only has 2 hands, right? 

8) 7 may not mean what you think it means, or does it?

9) If you hear the word handle what is the first kind of handle that comes to mind?

10) What is your oddest fear?

11)  In what way are you the most a creature of habit?

• Like 1

All the time. Just give them a reason.

My boss.

3) Have any scars?

Only one of note: A small one across my forehead from when I fell off a roof when I was six (I know, it explains so much).

Sure. I will get right on that, buddy.

5) Did I ask you a question about what was your biggest waste of money or was that one of the ones that I lost?

Apparently, it was one of the ones you lost. :)

6) If you have a glass table would you still feel compelled to use a coaster on it?

More than ever. The rings show up more on a glass table.

Yeah, but most times it feels like he has three.

8) Seven may not mean what you think it means, or does it?

That depends on whether you think it means what I think it means.

9) If you hear the word "handle," what is the first kind of handle that comes to mind?

A CB nickname or "Handle"

I'm going to wake up bald one day. This is especially odd as I have a full mane of brown hair that actually hangs to my waist.

Wow, you are getting a lot of questions... that makes me feel so much better because I am buried for the moment. 

3) Have any scars?

8) 7 may not mean what you think it means, or does it?

9) If you hear the word handle what is the first kind of handle that comes to mind?

11)  In what way are you the most a creature of habit?

Here is a virtual shovel.

Guest DroneInTheSun

1)  How did you meet your current BF?

We lived in the same apartment building. He was two doors down. The first day I moved in, we met when we got stuck in an elevator together for the longest twenty minutes of my life. I have a tendency to crack jokes the more nervous I get. He thought I was hilarious. I thought he was a nerd. The next day, he brought me a used plant as a welcome-to-the-building present. I thought he was hitting on me. He thought he was being nice. We became buddies when his mail got accidentally put in my box. After three months of being buddies, we became friends. He asked me out. I said no. He asked again. I said no ... nicely. (Mostly because I liked our friendship and because, if things hadn't worked out, it would have been awkward to have him living in the same building.) He got a new job two hours away. He asked me to stay friends with him. I did. We talked and texted on the phone ALL THE TIME. A month later, I couldn't wait to see him. I drove up for a Saturday lunch visit. The minute I saw him after being away so long, I knew--friendship or not--I had to date him. Thankfully, we flirted all through lunch and, when I was getting ready to leave, he asked me out again. This time, I didn't say no. I also didn't say yes. I just kissed him.

It was a really, REALLY good kiss.

After that, we dated long-distance for a year and a half. Then, he got a better job in my town and moved back. We have been living together for the last six months and are happy as larks.

That is beautiful.

Also, a question: why does the Laughing Cow laugh?

• Like 1

You seem to remember the terms CB & HANDLE sooo here's the question..

What was your CB HANDLE and do you still use it? 

• Like 1

1) Are you a puncher or a slapper?

Puncher and a kicker

2) If God does really exist, what does he look like in your imagination?

A ball of bright light and intense happiness and serenity

3) You're at a party. Are you a quiet drinker/dancer/ or talker? Describe your wild night if you have one.

I am a social drinker, but I never drink to get drunk. I love to talk, and I am quite flirty even in ordinary conversation. This was an issue my current BF and I had in the beginning. He always thought I was coming on to him when I was really just talking.

The wildest night I ever had involved an auction house, a camel, and a large can of chocolate Rediwhip. Enough said.

4) What do you want Shamy to do besides sex and SIK?

I always adore the scenes where they enjoy spending time together doing their uniquely weird things. I love that they like the same things and get each on that kind of level. I hope Season 7 brings more of that back.

5) You crushed my heart with Chapter 9. What do you have to say for yourself?

Wait until you see Chapter 10. :)

6) Do you have any tissues I can borrow? I ran out of tissues.

Sure.

7) What is your guilty pleasure?

The Candy Crush Saga game on Facebook. (Shhh! Nobody knows how much I am addicted to playing it.)

8) A guy hits on you. You're single. What is your first move?

Depends on how he approaches me. If he just offers me some cheesy line, he's going to get brought down with a snarky quip. If his ridiculously handsome and uses a cheesy line, I am just going to raise an eyebrow, frown and say, "Really? That's the best you got?"

Other than that, if I'm interested, I "hit" right back.

9) When you go grocery shopping, what do you always get first? Or what do you always get?

Fresh fruit and veggies. I am an avid fan of cooking anything fresh.

10) What is your favorite place in the house?

My bedroom usually. It's where I get the bulk of my reading and writing done. It's also the place where I am most relaxed.

11) You have a crush on this guy you met at camp for 2 days. You want to hang out with him more. You're friends with him now. What would you do? (Yeah I need an advice LOL)

Just hang out with him. Get to know him; his likes, dislikes, what makes him tick. Be honest in return. Don't like something just because he does. Be yourself. Send him small, encouraging signals. Sooner or later, he will pick up on it. If he doesn't, just bite the bullet and ask him out. This isn't the 1950's.

12) What are some of the bad movies you've watched?

Recently? A bad horror flick called Valentine. Less recently, I can't stand Titanic, Nacho Libre, or pretty much anything based off a Nicholas Sparks' book. (Someone always dies. It's annoying and predictable.)

13) You have a choice, pick one and why: The ability to read people's mind or ability to control people's mind.

Read minds. I have a hard enough time controlling my own brain.

14) You are stuck with the monkey Ricky and Amy on an island. What will the first day stuck on an island be like?

Setting up shelter, figuring out a way to light a fire, and securing a source of fresh water. (Basics first.) Then, I want to know where Sheldon is.

15) What are some crazy ideas you've had this week?

"How can I use my fan fiction story to irritate Pearl this week?"

Edited by Misophonia

1) What's your favorite wild animal?

The timber wolf.

2) Given the chance to work with a tame lion or tiger, how would you feel about it?

Uneasy.

That is beautiful.

Also, a question: why does the Laughing Cow laugh?

Why does the Laughing Cow laugh?

Because he heard the following joke:

Sherlock Holmes and Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said, "Watson, look up at the sky, and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes said, "And what do you deduce from that?"

"Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there. And if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life."

"No." Holmes frowned and said, "Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent."

You seem to remember the terms CB & HANDLE sooo here's the question..

Sassy Little Lady, (I was a small child), and yes, sometimes in chat rooms.

1) What is the best film you've ever seen?

It's a tie:

1. The Shawshank Redemption

2. The Princess Bride

2) Can you watch Game of Thrones or Big Bang with your family? (I can't.... too graphic and inappropriate for my parents)

TBBT - Yes

GOT - No

3) Have you ever cheated on an exam?

Nope

4) What is the worst class you've ever taken and why?

Any math class. There is something about higher mathematics especially that doesn't agree with my brain.

5) Everyone comes across at least one professor in their lifetime who can be an ass. What was your experience like?

My seventh grade English teacher told me my writing was atrocious. She declared that I should focus on math because my literary skills were "below par." When I received a special recognition on my Senior Thesis in college, I sent her a copy of the certificate. When I get my first book published, I will send her that as well.

6) What is your dream proposal? (Include unicorns and Bruno Mars' song "Marry you")

I am a simple woman. I don't like a lot of fluff and drama in the name of romance. I could see it happening very organically.

One night, we're watching television and arguing over who ate the last handful of popcorn (It was really me, but I am blaming it on him for all I am worth.) He grins at me and says, "I know you're lying, but because I love you, I'm going to let it slide. That's the kind of guy I am."

"I must be the luckiest chick in the world then." I wink and lean over to kiss him before whispering, "And I love you, too."

He catches my cheek and doesn't let me pull away from the kiss. "Then how about marry me?"

"Really?" I ask

He nods. "Really. Will you marry me?"

I grin.

He grins.

"Yes," I say, and we kiss.

The end.

7) What is your favorite cuss word?

Asshat

8) What sound and smells relaxes you the most?

Sound = The laughter of my family while we play cards around a table on a Saturday night.

Smells = My mother's house on a Sunday when dinner is almost ready.

9) What was your prom like? Or any school dance experience?

It's your run-of-the-mill kind of story.

Girl is a sophomore. Boy is a junior. Boy asks girl to go to his prom. Girl is unsure because guy is a football jock with bad breath who isn't that smart and is kind of known as a jerk. Girl's mom promises that it will be a night to remember and says girl will always regret it if she doesn't go. Guy asks again. Girl likes dancing; so she reluctantly agrees. Girl's mother drags her to every dress shop in a 100 mile radius where they proceed to argue about how much the girl really doesn't want to wear a ballgown made in animal print. Finally, they settle on a dress where the girl looks as attractive as a tub of rainbow sherbert.

Boy picks up girl in a dirty pickup that belongs to his brother. Girl's parents take too many pictures, including one where boy accidentally stabs girl in the boob while trying to pin on a corsage that is supposed to slide around her wrist. They go to very fancy restaurant where the boy orders onion rings and a glass of "bubbly water" and then leans over to the girl and tells her to "Order anything you want, babe. Dad gave me $50." Girl vomits a little in her mouth.

They arrive at the dance, dance exactly two dances, and then the boy wants to leave after fifteen minutes because his friends are all going to play pool. Girl tells boy to go without her. He tries to pressure her into going with him by spouting charming lines like "Don't be such a whiney baby." and "All the cool kids are leaving. What's the big deal?"

Girl tells boy to take a long drive off a short pier and spends the rest of the night drinking punch and talking with her friends while wishing someone would ask her to dance. No one does because she looks like sherbert. Three disappointing hours later, she is dropped off by her best friend and lies to her mother about how it was the best night ever. Boy calls girl the next day to ask her out. She hangs up on him.

The sherbert dress is mysteriously destroyed in an "accidental" fire.

The end.

10) Are you a shoe collector or clothes?

Neither. I collect books. 5000 at last count.

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 1

thats so romantic

Parker-Posey-Is-Bored-Reaction-Gif-In-Wa

i kid of course. i think it's cute. it's homie.

I like to think so. :)

1) What are some of the things that teens do that annoys the hell out of you?

They cannot seem to spend more than three minutes without a phone attached to them.

2) If you had to annoy Sheldon, what would you do to him? (Take away his Xbox? Take away his last domino?)

I would order pizza for dinner on Monday night.

3) Are you enjoying all these questions so far?

Sure

4) Do you think slipping on bananas could happen in real life? Or is that just in comic books?

Comic books

5) Do you get hyper from drinking coffee? Sugar? Chocolate?

No, no, and there's no such thing as too much chocolate.

I can easily get hyper on cold medicine though. I once had a conversation with a plant on too much cold medicine. Apparently, I thought I was arguing with someone about whether or not it was raining, and the "someone" turned out to be a ficus. According to BF, I lost the argument. As I don't remember, I have to take his word for this one.

I apologize if any of these questions have already been asked.  :)

1.  List your favorite romance authors.

2.  How old were you when you discovered that you like to write and how did it happen.

3.  If you were to be published, who would you dedicate your first book to.

4.  What is your favorite time of day to write.

• Like 1

Actually, I think you only (kinda) repeated #5, but I can expound. :) Other than that, nice questions!

1.  List your favorite romance authors.

I have quite a few, but here are my top 5.

1. Jane Austen

2. Jennifer Cruise

3. Susan Elizabeth Phillips

4. Julia Quinn

5. Julie Garwood (only books published pre-2000)

2.  How old were you when you discovered that you like to write and how did it happen?

Actually, I was 14-years old, and it's a long, strange and complicated story. But, then again, it's me; so you know it would have to be. (You've been warned.)

My two best friends--who I am still best friends with--and I decided that 14 was a good time to try smoking. My parents didn't smoke, but one of my friend's (We'll call her Christine) parent's did. So, it was terribly easy to snag one of her father's cigarettes and hatch a plan to try our first adult-like venture behind the big barn at the back side of their property. The cigarette was lit; puffed by Christine, who immediately started coughing; passed to and puffed by friend 2 (We'll call her Leigh), who immediately started coughing; and then passed to and puffed on by me (We'll call me stupid).

I woke up two days later in the hospital. Turns out, I was asthmatic with a deep and horrific allergy to cigarettes. My friends had ceased coughing to find me lying unconscious on the ground turning an alarming shade of blue. Anyway, after I woke up, my parents were none too pleased with me. My poor mother, who spent two long days and nights walking the floor worried sick that her child might never wake up, fell asleep soon after I regained consciousness. My dad--who was in the miltary--had to report back to his platoon. Thus, I was stuck in a hospital room with nothing to do (This was so long ago the hospital didn't even have cable in the rooms. There was TV, but I didn't want to watch soap operas and that was all that was on). As I had spent the last two days unconscious and was actually afraid to go to sleep because I thought I might really die this time, I needed something to occupy my worrying brain.

Long story short, I went through my mother's purse. (She carried huge purses that had everything in them you could ever think of. After all, she had five children and four grandchildren by the time she was 45.) Anyway, instead of the pen and paper I was looking for (I was going to practice writing my name and dotting all the i's with little hearts. I told you--I was stupid.), I found four of the thickest books I had ever seen. I didn't really like to read as reading usually bored me, but I was fascinated not only that these books had an average of about 500 pages each, but that they were all sporting a cover with a nearly naked man on it.

Why would someone want to read a book this long? I thought, studying one that had a well-toned man with no shirt and leather pants and hefted in an amazing 493 pages. This thing might as well be War and Peace, for goodness sakes. Then, a little voice in the back of my head dared me to read it. Thinking I would probably give up by the first chapter, I dove in. Two hours later, my mom woke up and I was still reading it. She snatched it away from me. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. (No, not because of the sex, Get your minds out of the gutter.) What astonished me most was that I was actually enjoying the story. Up until this point, I hadn't liked to read. I thought that was because reading was boring. This experience opened my eyes to another idea. What if, instead, it was that I just hadn't liked what I was reading?

When I went home from the hospital a few days later, I snagged the book from my mother's purse (she had three others to read, of course) and, for the next month and a half, I read it whenever I could get away long enough to do so. When I finally finished reading it, I was immensely proud of myself for having completed this seemingly Herculean task. Moreover, I was addicted and wanted to read more. It took me a year, but I finally read every romance my mother had in the house except for the Harlequin romances. These are thin, little nothing books that religiously recycle the same plot over and over again--only changing the characters' names, descriptions and occupations. At last, I got desperate and started reading those as well. When I got to a really ridiculous one that had an unrealistic scene happen, I rolled my eyes and said, "God, I could write better than this crap."

The same little nagging voice that had dared me to read that first book next dared me to write my own novel. I loved the idea of it immediately--even though I never had any intentions of letting a single soul ever read it. It took me about a month of hand writing one in a spiral notebook, but I finished it. Then, I immediately began working on the next one. By the time I was eighteen, I had finished six--ranging from adult romances to high school dramedies. My best friends ( and, eventually, my entire circle of friends) read chapters the second I completed them--hooked on what I was writing. That was also the year I quit writing. I was going to be a pediatrician, after all, and I felt like writing was taking me away from what I should be focusing on. Writing, after all, was never going to be more than a hobby.

Three years later, I had quit pre-med and was dabbling in writing again. It took another eight or so years before I would consider making a career out of it or getting published. I don't think people really understand how hard it is to send out something for criticism that you have been holding inside your soul for a really long time. It takes a while to develop a thick enough skin to handle anyone making comments about your "baby". It also takes a while to believe that you have the talent enough to really do it. So, by the time I was 30, I finished my first "real" novel and spent a year editing it. Then, I went about trying to get it published while I worked another job in the real world.

The rest, as they say, is history.

By the way, I still have the very first book I ever wrote back when I was fourteen. I keep it to remind myself of where I started. It's the most God-awful thing ever, but I can still see a lot of potential in that stupid, but tenacious teenager.

3.  If you were to be published, who would you dedicate your first book to?

My mother. I finished my first book (as an adult) and sent it to her to read. Behind the title page was the following dedication:

"To my mother, who believed in me even when I didn't."

She was thrilled I had dedicated it to her, and, even though she isn't living anymore, I will forever and always dedicate my first published novel to her.

4.  What is your favorite time of day to write?

After dinner. It's quiet then, and I can decompress my thoughts. I have also found that I am better able to engage my imagination during this time. However, if inspiration (or talking characters) won't leave me alone, I will write any time of day. I once work up BF at 3 AM because two characters were having a great verbal battle in my head and I was afraid they would stop if I didn't get it all down. He's a good man. He puts up with a lot out of me.

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 1

1) What are some of the things that teens do that annoys the hell out of you?

2) If you had to annoy Sheldon, what would you do to him? (take away his xbox? take away his last domino?)

3) Are you enjoying all these questions so far?

4) Do you think slipping on bananas could happen in real life? Or is that just in comic books?

5) Do you get hyper from drinking coffee? sugar? chocolate?

just to interrupt a little, I know somebody that broke their hip slipping on a banana peel!
  • Like 1

I can tell you're a good writer just by the way you answered my questions.  Looking forward to reading your fics.  :)

Here's some more -- some silly, some not so silly.

1.  I see you live in the South.  What's your favorite Southern dish?

2.  What's your least favorite Southern dish?

3.  What irritates you about living in the South? (this come from my own personal experience)

4.  Do you find it more difficult to write for your job than to write for yourself? (also from my own personal experience)

5. Do you ever get writer's block?

6.  Do you let your boyfriend read the sex scenes in your stories?  (I'm assuming you have them.)

7.  When you get a rejection letter from a publisher (or agent), does it still bother you?

8.  Do you find it irritating when you read the bio of an author on a flap of a novel and they have absolutely no degree or training?

9.  Have you ever written poetry?

10.  Ever tried to write a children's book?

LOL.  I'm done now.  :)  :)

• Like 1

just to interrupt a little, I know somebody that broke their hip slipping on a banana peel!

You have apparently lead a more varied life than myself. I yield to your greater knowledge in this area. :)

• Like 1

1) Have you ever broken a bone?

Yes. A week prior to my final semester of college, I fell down some stairs at my grandfather's house and broke my ankle. (Spiral fractures hurt like hell.)

2) What's the worst injury you have had?

Breaking my ankle was pretty rough. If having kids is more painful than that, I will happily forgo the process.

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 1

Fried chicken and macaroni pie.

Chitlins

3.  What irritates you about living in the South? (This comes from my own personal experience)

I hate being stereotyped as an ignorant hick the second people know where I'm from. Not only is the South beautiful and temperate in weather, it is full of a generous, friendly and loving people who are rich in intelligence, history, and heart. You won't find this just anywhere.

4.  Do you find it more difficult to write for your job than to write for yourself? (Also from my own personal experience)

Thankfully, they are two very different types of writing. I don't compare them, honestly. I think this is what keeps me sane most of the time.

I don't get what most people would consider to be writer's block. I don't get into the middle of a story and end up being stuck and not sure how to continue. I plan a lot in advance to get around this. I do, however, get tired of writing and less inclined to get enthusiastic about writing sometimes. I don't force myself to write a lot during these times. I have a tendency to edit sections I have already written more then. Inspiration comes in flows and ebbs, you have be flexible and give yourself a break. I try to do that so I can avoid the dreaded writer's block between writing projects.

6.  Do you let your boyfriend read the sex scenes in your stories?  (I'm assuming you have them.)

I don't let him read any story I write until I am completely finished (including fan fiction). Otherwise, he drives me crazy asking "What is going to happen with this?" questions. He doesn't let up until I answer and then gets mad when I might change something small later. "That isn't what you said you were going to do exactly." It's annoying, and time has taught me it is better to get his opinion at the very end. He's also a guy, which means he wants to fix everything for me. So, he gets to read it after I have already figured it all out and written it all down. (My best friend and my sister are usually the ones I bounce ideas off of, but they have gotten used to me not taking any of their ideas and coming up with something off the wall on my own.)

He does read the sex scenes. I refuse, however, to discuss them with him--no matter how much he might want to. I also make sure what happens on the page has nothing to do with what happens between us.

7.  When you get a rejection letter from a publisher (or agent), does it still bother you?

Of course. I wish I could say I am blase about the whole thing after all this time, but I'm not. Currently, I am being told that, while my writing style is "imaginative, daring, and hard-to-put down, the overall premise of your story just isn't what is selling right now." What can one even do with a letter like that? One agent even told me to put vampires in it. I laughed. The story would have been ridiculous with vampires. So, I am just going to have to keep plodding along until I finally hit the agent who decides to take a chance on me and my stories.

8.  Do you find it irritating when you read the bio of an author on a flap of a novel and they have absolutely no degree or training?

No. Writing is one of those areas where experience, a compelling story, and luck are always going to trump education. In fact, this is one of the reasons I won't get an MFA (even though my boss regularly pressures me to do so). I think if I were to study any more about writing, I would start splitting hairs over everything, my perfectionist tendencies would come out, and I'd never get anything on the page.

At the same time, I do think some education is needed. Whether this education is received formally or through joining a critique group and learning from being around other writers, it doesn't matter. There are still things to learn. It is the writer's job to learn those things and advance themselves to the next level.

I have, but it's really bad poetry.

It really doesn't interest me. That's the problem. I have got to be interested first. There have got to be burning questions in my head I need to answer. Otherwise, I can't write. I do have an idea for a young adult novel when I finish the current trilogy I am working on. And, down the road, I could see myself writing something with tones of mystery and science fiction in them. However, at no time are you going to see me write a story without at least a small element of romance in it. That's what makes me happy.

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 1

I can tell you're a good writer just by the way you answered my questions.  Looking forward to reading your fics.  :)

Here's some more -- some silly, some not so silly.

3.  What irritates you about living in the South? (this come from my own personal experience)

4.  Do you find it more difficult to write for your job than to write for yourself? (also from my own personal experience)

LOL.  I'm done now.  :)  :)

Thanks!