It Was A Year Ago "today"

This ongoing threat is for those of you that can remember what happened (to you OR to others) a year ago "today".

Whether it was something famous or infamous let us know !

As for me, on this date (July 17, 2012) I first discovered this site and posted my first post !

And with this being my one year anniversary, there are a few of you I want to thank, in no real order (yeah, I know, I'm overdoing it).

TRIPPER, Without you,and all your hard work, NONE us would be here.

MISS KITKA, My first and best friend on this site. If "real time" could happen here, you and yours, and me and mind would spend plenty of time on THE HILL (with hot coco and 7 mini marshmallows).

ELY, (Where ever you are), thank you for your wonderful pictures, that allowed me to give them captions.

MRS TOAD, (I think you're still out there, just under a different name) for your view on life.

ANOMALY, We have so much in common (including our love for SCRUBS) it's kinda spooky. OBTW did you know that The Gift Shop Girl has a first name? It's LISA (but you already knew that, didn't you?).

AR DIEM, Among other things, your hard work on the HOT SEATS.

CATWEAZLE, You often make me think and wonder.

SHERMINATER, You often make me wonder what you think (LOL).

B.I.P.  May he be Banned IPeace !!

KASEY, You and I share the love of GOD, JESUS, and the BIBLE. You are a wonderful person. Don't let ANYONE tell you different! I'm proud to call you my friend.

WANNAMAKER, We may not agree often, but you've never been mean about it. OBTW I don't mind being thought of as a Scapegoat, as they give so others can get.

CARLOS, You've done what most people here seem to be afraid to do (you know what I mean). 

RACHELSHAMYFAN, Never has a bad word about anyone.

MJC45, When the ####'s replies had paused, you have been there to add the next number.

JOESAL90, Another great supporter in The Land Of GAMES that I could always depend on. 

ARMYGIRL, You have brought new life to The Land Of GAMES, mostly in the Z-A ANYTHING thread (without you I don't think it would have taken off) and the ####. replies (I still don't know how you always seem to be there).

SHENNYXBAZINGA, You are another person I consider a real friend. You more than anyone else have put your life into this site. OBTW how are the Twins?

MAINECOON, I've enjoyed our talks, I hope I've been able to help you with your english.

DESTINY_LUCY, I've enjoyed our chats, I hope you are still doing OK.

For those of you not named I thank you also, just for you being you  !

Thank You All For Being Here,

Mike

PS This is still a work in progress.

I will be adding a few more names in the future !

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 6

MAINECOON, I've enjoyed our talks, I hope I've been able to help you with your english.

It's a great honor to be named in your post. Thank you for this :) I can say, what I also enjoy our talks and what you help me very much :) thank you for everything :)

ARMYGIRL, You have brought new life to The Land Of GAMES, mostly in the Z-A ANYTHING thread (without you I don't think it would have taken off) and the ####. replies (I still don't know how you always seem to be there).

Thank You All For Being Here,

Mike

As I have stated before it's fun and helps me out a lot with things I am going through. 

Dude, I'm just glad your still around. I remember it was you who gave me my welcome. I also remember our medication discussion. Just take care of yourself and be here for the next 10-20. mmmkay?

KASEY, You and I share the love of GOD, JESUS, and the BIBLE. You are a wonderful person. Don't let ANYONE tell you different! I'm proud to call you my friend.

God bless you my brother in Christ...  :icon_redface:

Dude, I'm just glad your still around. I remember it was you who gave me my welcome. I also remember our medication discussion. Just take care of yourself and be here for the next 10-20. mmmkay?

Yup, I remember our talks.

You've help me put some of my problems in perspective.

My wife is GREAT at taking care of me.

In some ways it feels like I've been here forever, and sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday.

I'll be here as long as GOD wills it.

OBTW congratulations on your 1,000 post !!

Edited by walnutcowboy

RACHEL,

There's no reason to thank me, I've just spoken the truth.

I enjoy putting up the averages. 

With you all posting so fast on the 10,000 replies it's harder for me to get the right post number to do it though.

For me to post at the top of the page I need to post on the XX01, XX21, XX41, XX61, or XX81 numbers.

But every so often when I get those numbers, I'll continue to post the averages !!

Your Friend,

Mike

PS remember that this is a thread for everyone !!

Anybody know of ANYTHING that happened "A YEAR AGO TODAY"? 

• Like 1

@walnut, thank you for naming me in your first post! You are a great friend and I adore you! :wub:

On this day a year ago, 22 July 2012, Sir Bradley Wiggins won the Tour De France.

I've just read that today is your Birthday Walnutcowboy :huh:

56 years candles

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

@ WANNAMAKER,

@ MAINECOON,

@ ARMYGIRL,

@ KASEY,

OH, Is TODAY my Birthday?

I hadn't Noticed !

(YEAH, RIGHT).

Thank you all for your Birthday wishes!

It TRULY means a LOT to me !!

Your Friend,

Mike 

PS IT WAS A YEAR AGO TODAY that I was 55 years old !!

• Like 1